PDA

View Full Version : Social Rewards for my players (3.5)

AtwasAwamps
2009-12-01, 12:45 PM
Hey folks. I'll shortly be doling out rewards for some social situations characters in my game will be in. I'm looking for some simple but decent items to give a level 3 party (Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Cleric, Psion, Dread Necro) from the following sources:

Church of Pelor
A mildly evil mining company
A City Watch
A very eccentric wizard

Just looking for item suggestions that wouldn't necessarily be overpowering, but would help them in an upcoming DUNGEON CRAWL!

Ormagoden
2009-12-01, 01:02 PM
(Any)
Masterwork weapons
Masterwork armor
Masterwork tools

(Church of Pelor)
Holy water
Holy symbols
Cure lights (scrolls or pots)
Lesser restoration (scrolls or pots)

(Mining company)
Masterwork tools (mining/digging)
Climbing harnesses
Good Rope
Ever burning torches

(City watch)
Honorary guard titles
Signal whistles
Masterwork manacles
Masterwork shields, spears, and crossbows
Masterwork ammunition

(Old wizard)
Masterwork alchemy kit
Potions and scrolls of his level
Rare spell components
Shrunk items (campfires, food, drink, weapons, tents)
Spell casting or enchanting services
Advice

Oh yeah and

GOLD

JeenLeen
2009-12-01, 01:09 PM
The above list sounds pretty good. I could see them also lending some +1 items. This should only be given to people particularly trusted by the organization, such as the Church of Pelor giving it to a cleric of Pelor, who can be trusted to return it, and probably only if the dungeon crawl in question is of particular importance to the organization. Of course, this might should be avoided if the non-Pelorite (or whatever organization) party members feel like they're getting a raw deal.

You could also give them special items (like a scroll of Word of Recall, keyed to a specific location) which could save them if they are in real trouble, but won't be very useful later.

Mooch
2009-12-01, 01:13 PM
depending on the eccentric wizard you could have him give them a doll that only squeaks when hit/squeezed etc but have him think its an amazing artifact

do thing by having him give things of increasing value until the capstone of the doll (or a gift to each person and then the doll to the group)

our dm called this the crappy thing of uselessness

if you wanted to add a bit of humor along with the rewards that is

Ravens_cry
2009-12-01, 01:20 PM
depending on the eccentric wizard you could have him give them a doll that only squeaks when hit/squeezed etc but have him think its an amazing artifact

do thing by having him give things of increasing value until the capstone of the doll (or a gift to each person and then the doll to the group)

our dm called this the crappy thing of uselessness

if you wanted to add a bit of humor along with the rewards that is
And then watch in awe as they find a use for it that sunders the game in twain.

AtwasAwamps
2009-12-01, 01:30 PM
And then watch in awe as they find a use for it that sunders the game in twain.

...I might do this just to see if they can work it out.