PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Defiance (Part 2)

Pages : [1] 2

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-01, 01:15 PM
With the Empire's influence spreading, the heroes, helping the fledgling resistance organized by Bail Organa find themeselves on the Moon of Dxun orbiting the Planet of Onderon. Initially they were to report on the status of the local rebellion against the Empire, but caught up in the Imperial assault, they struggle to survive, taking shelter in the ancient Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Now Enemies have become allies, ancient rivalries come to light and in the darkest of places, there is yet a spark of hope for the future.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

@Irian: You slice through the grating and pull yourself wearily to your feet as behind you sounds of fighting indicate a few remaining insects try to get past the boy covering your ascent. By the silence and human hand profered you take it the boy won. Helping him up you are surprised to see an odd smile on his face as covered in grime and blood, much of it his own, he grips the fallen Jedi master's lightsaber and ignites it as you pull him up. Wincing back, unsure of his intention, you are somewhat relieved that he lunges past you to hold a large hulking shadow at bay that had been creeping up beside you.

@Novar and Tal: You search the ruins trying to be stealthy... Following a strange noise you find yourselves just down the tunnel from a shadowy beast. A strange hum and lights behind it indicate you may have lucked upon your companion.

However the 3 meter tall shadowy wolf like thing has other plans for your reunion that might involve being digested. Behind you the noise of something following you is barely heard.

@Everyone: Back togeather just in time for initiative!

Graybacca
2009-12-02, 12:41 AM
Tal readies himself and prepares to attack the beast in front of him.But he continues to scan his surroundings, only then dose Tal strikes at the beast with his lightsaber.

Initiative [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
lightsaber [roll2] ([roll3])

EvenSeven
2009-12-02, 09:39 PM
Looking at the flashing lights behind the beast, Novar shakes his head. "Everybody's got a lightsaber but me it seems." Deciding not to go with the popular choice and attack the giant dark wolf-thing within its reach, he instead glances back to the faint noise behind them, firing at it if he spots it... or at the beast if he doesn't.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Liliedhe
2009-12-04, 01:56 AM
Irian winces. Another fight... He feels rather exhausted by now. Still, he draws his blaster and readies himself...

[roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-05, 11:36 PM
Initiative is

Tal: 22
Possessed Dxun Tomb Beast: 19
Irian: 18
Novar: 17
Kid: 15

Shadow Troopers: 20 (next round)

Tal advances bravely before the imposing creature, but as he swings it deftly manuvers to the side, remakably fast for something so large. Tal recognizes the creature as a larger darker colored version of the one that the Troopers had needed his help with earlier. It's eyes crimson molten pools it seems much more menacing than the earlier creature.

The Creature's Roar fills the tunnel, loud enough that dust falls from the shaken walls and ceiling. Feeling a chill at the sound, part of each of you seems to die a little and the sudden chill in the air does not bode well either.
Everyone is affected by Fear and loses their quick and move actions, Your standard action can be used as a move action however. FYI

Irian seems to recognize something in those eyes, The Long dead Lord of this place seems to have it out personally for you. somehow you just know it's him driving the beast, controlling it.

Novar meanwhile glances over his shoulder at the approach of something he has long wished for in such situations, backup. you see the Commandoes from earlier moving to back you up (hopefully), spreading out, but unable to fire this round as they approach.

Liliedhe
2009-12-06, 02:53 AM
If it has to be, then fine.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Graybacca
2009-12-06, 11:27 AM
Tal take another swing at the beast with the lightsaber.

lightsaber [roll0] ([roll1])

EvenSeven
2009-12-06, 01:07 PM
Novar throws a handsign at the incoming soldiers, warning them that there are friendlies around the other side of the beast, then raises his rifle and fires again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-10, 01:28 AM
Irian fires and misses. Novar fires and the bolt deflects off the beast's skin.

The Kid then rushes forward, catching the creature off guard as he appears undaunted, Battering at the creatures head and eyes with his hands he screams his defiance, accomplishing little damage, but definately surprising it.

Tal swings the lightsaber into the things armored hide, but it's stone like skin seems nearly immune as it shrugs most of the damage.

Having moved into position the squad of troopers opens up, laying down a blistering barrage with their blaster rifles. For reference they all missed, though on full auto even then the damage was considerable. Hitting a large creature allows them to avoid any chance of hitting the friendlies on the other side thankfully On a normal target, that much concentrated fire would be instant death, this creature takes the damage and keeps going, driven by hate despite the obvious danger it swipes first at Tavi, knocking him to the wall, where he slumps and struggles to rise again. The creature then slowly turns towards the line of troopers, hate and pain in it's eyes as it moves towards them crouching for a rush.

Next round.

EvenSeven
2009-12-10, 01:58 AM
As the beast turns about, Novar aims his rifle at its face, hoping to maybe catch in an eye...

[roll0]
[roll1]

As he squeezes off the shot, he thumbs his rifle over to autofire - no time for precision when the damned thing's looking to charge.

Graybacca
2009-12-10, 12:34 PM
Tal seeing the danger to the trooper, Tal dose the only thing he can think of, and that is stepping in the Beasts path and attack it, using the lightsaber he grabs the saber with both hands to get more power behind his strike.

Liliedhe
2009-12-10, 03:15 PM
Irian - who is using his blaster, not the scavenged lightsaber - fires again...

[roll0]
[roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-11, 03:07 PM
Irian again fires into the creature, to no noticable effect.

Novar fires at the creature, taking a long shot that pays off as he catches the creature right in it's face, leaving a smouldering crater where it's left eye had been.

Tal steps into the creatures path and readies a swing, however the creature rushes through him and bowling him over with it's sheer mass sends him sprawling as it lunges for Novar.

Novar tries to get out of the way, but the creature is too fast and catches him with a frighteningly quick gore, sending him into the air, flying back over the Shadow Troopers to land sprawling on the temple's hard stone floor. 22 damage from the charge..:smalleek: all flying and sprawling is purely for RP effect though :smallwink:

The Shadow troopers commence spreading out as they fire, seeking to fill the area around the beast with enough blaster shots that some are bound to do damage, and succeeding to a great degree. The Great beast refuses to die, but from the countless small smouldering wounds and it's staggered steps under the assault it looks like it can't last long under that sort of barrage.

OOC: Next round.

Liliedhe
2009-12-11, 04:09 PM
The boy just stubbornly continues to fire. Even if he's not lucky now.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Graybacca
2009-12-11, 04:23 PM
Tal get himself up and again, and again attacks the beast while griping the lightsaber two handed.

((OK the dice gods seem to have abandoned me for now))
((OCC:that 22 damage is for both Tal and Novar right))

EvenSeven
2009-12-14, 01:05 AM
((Down to 6HP - that sure did sting))
Novar thanks the Force he was wearing a helmet as he tumbles across the ground. Despite the fact his chestplate and probably a couple of ribs are cracked from the attack, he gets back onto his feet and sprays blaster fire at the creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-16, 07:28 PM
@Graybacca: The damage was just to Novar, it did little but hurt your pride by shoving past you like you weren't there.

@everyone: The battle continues..

Irian finally gets a solid shot in that puts a burning hole into the creatures stony hide, near it's spine.

Novar joins in the general spray of blasterfire against the beast, though it's hard to say if his shots are any more accurate than the troopers now spreading out around the beast, trying to stay out of each others line of fire they miraculously manage to avoid hitting any friendlies and each other at least as they continue to pour shots at the beast with limited success..

Tal scrambles to his feet, rushing the creature from behind and manages to avoid hurting himself or anyone as the creature moves suddenly and knocks him off balance as it rears and swipes at one of the troopers. Catching one in the shoulder the trooper is sent spinning to the ground, his shoulder ripped painfully open. It then takes another swipe and sends a second trooper reeling with a fairly messy chest wound. It's bite narrowly misses a third trooper.

OOC: Next and possibly last round...

EvenSeven
2009-12-16, 10:19 PM
Novar continues to spray the beast with autofire.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Liliedhe
2009-12-17, 01:37 AM
Well, looks like his luck was changing...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Graybacca
2009-12-17, 08:45 AM
Tal once again attacks the beast this time letting out a defiant war cry.....

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-20, 06:55 PM
The creature starts to lay waste the Shadow troopers, stopping to swat Tal away, 18 damage it seems to ignore the withering waves of blasterfire and a feeling of helplessness and confusion seems to overtake everyone. Then suddenly the creature sags to the ground, it's last act a surprised howl of rage that seems to reverberate through the tunnel for far longer than it should.

A few moments of confused silence later...

The kid staggering to his feet on what may be a broken leg looks at the troopers and says seriously. "Surrender or I'll have to kill all of you.." He looks over the half dozen troopers, several of them wounded but all looking in much better shape than him and amends. "I've had a rough day but don't think I won't." and despite his obvious wounds he goes into a fighting stance.

The troopers look confused by the child and look to Tal and Novar for explaination. A few glances are spared for Irian, but they seem more worried about another creature appearing than anything else.

Graybacca
2009-12-20, 07:26 PM
Tal strangers back to his feet and say, Tav Stand Down there with us, there allies now, we don't have time to explain we need to get back to the command center it's more secure then here. turning to the Trooper he Says, You did great and thank you now gather your wounded and prepare to move out.

Liliedhe
2009-12-21, 04:45 AM
"Where's Elias? We are not going anywhere without him."

Irian steps forward, looking at the troopers with barely concealed disgust and at Novar and Tal with confusion and worry. Then he puts an arm under the kid's shoulders to help him stand.

EvenSeven
2009-12-21, 06:02 PM
Novar pulls his helmet off and walks over to Irian and the kid, clutching his side as he does. "He's safe; SIG's looking after him. He got knocked out when that tunnel came down. It's a little unfortunate, since I could use his services right about now..."

DMfromTheAbyss
2009-12-24, 12:48 AM
The leader of the troopers removes his helmet, (showing Tal and Novar that it is indeed the leader from the base who shot the Intelligence agent in charge) and looks at the small defiant child a moment.

Supported grudgingly by Irian the kid glares back with blood shot eyes made worse looking by the lighting.

Turning to Tal the grizzled trooper asks "This kid our ticket out of here?"

Tal's answer is interupted by a strange grinding sound and the appearance of a pile of troopers bodies apparently moving by itself down the tunnel towards you. Before anyone can react a mechanical head pops up over the sizable pile and with red photoreceptors looking somewhat out of place, SIG says "Rizurerel Rafealgash zzt..zzt" before the head goes back down and the pile again moves slowly forward.

Graybacca
2009-12-28, 03:40 AM
Tal awnsers the Toopers Leader Yes, that him then SIG shows up SiG whats Happened and why are you dressed like that.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-01, 04:13 AM
For answer Sig makes a grinding noise and walks accross the room, plucking up the wounded and laying them over the already stacked bodies of many Shadow commandoes in his arms, He shifts them around and starts organizing the wounded for transport. You notice Elias and the Leggless captain are still being carried along with nearly a dozen badly wounded troopers. SIG still looks mobile but somewhat slowed as he starts back towards the troopers base camp.

"Crazy droid you got there.. he is yours right?" The trooper comments towards Tal.

The Kid apparently forgotten for the moment sags in Irian's arms before grumbling. "Let's get going, Droid has the right idea, you can surrender in a bit, just need.. a quick nap..."

Liliedhe
2010-01-01, 10:39 AM
Somewhat relieved that Elias is looking at least alive and not forgotten somewhere, Irian supports the kid some more and then shrugs. "Fine, lets get going."

He's too tired to glare daggers at Tal, even though he feels like it. But, it's probably better this way. There's not much he can still lose, and he is making a lot of headway in that direction. So, really, what else can he do? He follows.

Graybacca
2010-01-01, 08:34 PM
Yeah he is, and when this mission is over he's going to need a major overhauling he's taken a lot of damage. Tal heads back to the base camp.

EvenSeven
2010-01-01, 10:50 PM
Novar pulls his helmet back on and straps his weapon back into place, then, still clutching his side, falls in line behind the others.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-03, 07:17 PM
Arriving back at the camp of the Shadow Troopers you all note that all the useful supplies are being loaded back onto the transport, leaving behind a mass of abandoned equipment. The transport itself seems little more than a dropship. Though it has plenty of room, given the number of casualties they had taken.

The self appointed leader of the troopers turns to you and as you enter the camp. "OK me and mine are getting out of this mess somehow, I've nothing agaist your little group, whoever you are, but you had a plan of some sort once your friends were rescued.. let's hear it."

Graybacca
2010-01-09, 06:27 PM
All my plans revolved around and hinge on Tav at the moment to lead us in, so we can complete are mission here, and i know that my employer would probably be more then willing to take you into his employ. say Tal

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-11, 03:24 PM
Tav struggles as he hobbles over (possibly with a hand from Irian still) and says in a weary voice. "You lift off planet.. you are probably less likely to survive than back in that Temple, between the beast riders and the anti-orbital emplacement weaponry. I'd say the only real option is unconditional surrender. I'll bring you in.. MY people have enough honor that you should all count on being well treated while this whole mess gets dealt with by someone a lot wiser than me. That being said if you try anything funny I'll do my best to kill you myself, which considering how well I'm doin so far would consist of me NOT getting to the cockpit to make a call or two and drive you bums to a safe pick up spot where we won't be incinerated by my people on principle."

"I have a few conditions.." the Shadow trooper commander starts to say when Tav interupts
"Unconditional or D E D dead" as he starts to hobble towards the cockpit.
The Shadow trooper looks at Tal and says. "What about you?"
"Them too.. you say it and you mean it and we all get out of this alive. I'm as d e d dead as you all if you don't, I'm gonna start figuring out your ship's comm gimme a minute and you can come and officially surrender to an invalid child if you want to live:smallbiggrin:" Tav yells back as he heads to the cockpit. He dissapears into the cabin a moment later.

The Shadow Trooper's erstwhile commander looks at Tal, Novar and Irian. "This is a pretty weak plan I'm thinkin. You all sure about this? Who the heck does this kid think he is anyway? Where did you find him?"

@Elias: If your still playing you could wake up right here.. Your on the vessel among the wounded... just sayin it's a good spot..:smallwink:

Graybacca
2010-01-11, 09:57 PM
Tal Say, As far as I'm concerned your one my allies, but to his people that may not mater and as for were we found him, it was right here on this moon, and its my under standing he's the son of the commander or one of the officers in charge of his people.

EvenSeven
2010-01-14, 01:14 PM
Novar seats himself on one of the supply crates, removes his helmet once more and scratches his chin. "And from what I can tell they have some pretty heavy anti-air and a willingness to use it. I don't think he'd actively try to do us harm, though." He leans forward and sighs heavily. "So, what're you going to do?"

Liliedhe
2010-01-15, 01:51 AM
Irian just remains silent. When the boy makes his big pronouncement, he just stays that way, even though he very much doesn't agree. To him, it seems like all choices now are bad, also he doesn't even understand how his teammates ended up with the commandos. So, he keeps his counsel, for now, and then goes to look for Elias.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-16, 02:54 PM
"Mmmm much as I dislike the word surrender, we have little choice. The empire certianly won't take us back without one hell of a story, and I doubt we can get away with anything as certain folks in charge were directly pushing for this expedition and will take it out of our hides if we're lucky becouse of our failure, nevermind the fact that we killed an ISB agent. Though our odds for long term survival don't seem too good here even if they take us in. A planet versus the fleets of the Empire won't last no matter how well armed and defended. They had a lot more than we were prepared for, next time they'll send enough ships to take out the shields from high orbit even if they don't send a dedicated planetary siege vessel. There are whispers the Emperor is developing something big, they will have to make an example of this place... From what we overheard on the comms between interference they have a lot of ground forces, some kinda weird starfighter monsters and then there's the mass of anti air as we saw and heard. They still have nothing like a fleet, or even a capital ship from what we saw, they can be cut off and dealt with all too easily I'm afraid. It's maddness to resist the empire... I don't know what you guys have for a stake in this, a kid and a couple of soldiers in the wrong place at the wrong time I'm guessing. he seems to glance at Tal's lightsaber pointedly and there is more than a hint of sarcasm on that last line of his. But if you're in for this ride we are too, though if we took the kid hostage we might have a bargaining chip to get out of here..." The shadow troopers commander says in a low rambling voice as he does his thinking out loud.

EvenSeven
2010-01-19, 11:52 PM
"Not an option I'm big on. We don't need more enemies than we already have." Novar shifts uncomfortably on the crate. "Besides, we both have wounded that need taking care of, and the kid's side is bound to have at least one decent doctor among them."

Graybacca
2010-01-20, 06:42 PM
Tal qoutes some thing the General once said, One is never in the wrong place at the wrong time, one is where one is need most. and if we did that we would be no better than the Empire is.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-22, 03:13 PM
From up in the cockpit you hear a surprisingly loud "Move over!" and the sound of the engines warming. The Commander of the Shadow Troopers OOC: Damn really should have given him a name that gets tiresome to type, he is hereforeto refered to as the CST nods at Tal and heads up towards the cockpit.

In the cockpit you see the bloodied and battered kid taking the pilot's position as the pilot looks around confused. The CST looks at the pilot then the kid and says. "We surrender unconditionally, but you should probably let our pilot do the flying.. in your condition.."

"Good noted and stuff.. I'm flying cause they know my style.. if it looks faked they will vaporize the lot of us, besides I'm still capable of flying.. one good eye and two arms workin, I suggest you go strap in." The kids hands fly over the controls almost reflexively as he forces the ship to quick flight readiness. The engines rumble a bit in protest and the ship jolts as it's repulsors lift it unceremoniously of the ground. anyone making a piloting diff 15 check might note that the kid has disabled all of the safeties on the engines, what is typically done for emergency acceleration in desperte times ONLY. The inertial dampners are also turned off, something hotshot pilots sometimes do when they need a slight manuverability boost and don't mind taking a few G's :smalleek:

The CST takes a seat, the pilot sits down and straps in with a worried look on his face. The kid turns briefly looking for any of the party and asks loudly "What about you guys, unconditional surrender or death, what will it be?"

Graybacca
2010-01-22, 09:40 PM
Tal follows the CST up to the cockpit and watches the kid get set to fly them there.

I don't think it will mater, because from the look of how your planing on flying this crate we're probably going to die anyway!

Pilot [roll0]

EvenSeven
2010-01-23, 06:55 AM
Novar dumps himself in the navigator's chair, still clutching his side. "Maybe you should just punch in the co-ordinates and put it on autopilot?"

[roll0]

Liliedhe
2010-01-24, 12:24 PM
Irian watches the kid with suspicion...

[roll0]

"If your style is crashing into the landing pad, then I'd rather suggest we chance getting shot down. In other words, I'm not going to surrender."

Graybacca
2010-01-25, 12:33 PM
I'm with Irian on this one I'm not surrender ether, especially since are party came as a diplomatic envoy, and as for the former Stormtroopers, i consider them allies, epically since they risked there lives to help rescue you and Irian.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-25, 03:29 PM
The CST Looks a bit confused, leans over and quietly says to Novar (though Tal and Irian can hear him) "I thought we were gonna trust the kid, if not then are we tryin the hostage bit or you got a third plan?"

The kid slouches in the pilot seat and says. "OK then I won't pilot.. I won't take part in helping any potential enemies escape. My people won't believe I'm flyin and we get vaporized, I'd frankly rather get vaporized then be taken prisoner, and my people are really not into negotiating with the enemy.. well except the part that involves blasters and high explosives.. that they like, perhaps too much thinkin about it... but yeah I guess I'll just get to rest for the 45 seconds it takes for them to gun us down. Ah well been nice knowin ya:smallsigh:."

As he says this he powers the ship back down to a gentle landing stands and moves aside for anyone else to pilot. He then childishly sulks against the bulkhead, letting his good eye sag shut, arms crossed as he crouches down and seems to relax.. giving up apparently.

EvenSeven
2010-01-26, 01:37 AM
Novar sighs and moves over to the pilot's seat. "Alright, then - I think now we should try the 'hostage' option. Commander, have your men detain the kid. Just a formality, short stuff," he calls to Tav.

He resets the ship's safety systems and activates the inertial dampeners, then says out loud, "I'm thinking we should try calling the locals and see if they'd be interested in a trade - the kid for our safe passage off this rock. Thoughts?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-01-26, 02:48 AM
The kid says in a calm matter of fact voice without opening his eyes "They'll kill us.. and I'm not going quietly if it comes to being a prisoner. Just to warn you. :smallsmile: though if you REALLY want to die in style mention you're jedi.. or diplomats.. that'll work REAL well."

A few of the troopers point weapons at the kid but stay back a bit, still uncertain. The CST says "Kid sure does talk tough.. you think it's all a bluff?"

EvenSeven
2010-01-26, 07:06 AM
"As a matter of fact I do," Novar responds without looking away from the controls. "Besides, they can't shoot us down until we're in the air. For now, I think talking's our best option."

Graybacca
2010-01-26, 12:35 PM
I agree, says Tal

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-05, 06:13 PM
The Shadow troopers stand aside from the communications board and a tension fills the air as they await opening up communications, though none of them seems eager to be the one doing the talking.

The kid remains uncharacteristically motionless, perhaps unconscious with several of the shadow troopers covering him uncertainly.

We're waiting for someone to do some diplomatic style talking.. don't supose we've had any success getting Elias back yet? He would be both the most willing and possibly the most effective in the situation. failing that you may want to designate a speaker or simply discuss plans further. Sorry I haven't posted as much as usual but I was hoping for Elias's return.

Graybacca
2010-02-06, 04:58 PM
Tal looks around well i guss one of us has to be one to start the talking. Tal steps up to the comm unit, and say Attention Dxun force this is Captain Tal of a independent force on a diplomatic mission to Dxun and Ordaron. we also have with us some former stormtrooper and an injured member of you force who goes by the the name of Tav please respond.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-16, 07:25 PM
The Com channnel is silent a very long drawn out moment before there is a response. Then a feminine voice replies in a curt and precise tone of voice.

"Independant force. You are on the soverign territory of Onderon, you are hereby lawfully ordered to disarm and hold position to await pickup. Any attempts to remove yourselves from your present location will be taken as a hostile action and will result in your destruction. Any resistance will be met with deadly force."

The kid can vaugely be heard mumbling to himself "Huh? They must really want prisoners.. they actually responded with something other than blasting us..:smallconfused:"

Graybacca
2010-02-16, 10:57 PM
Understood, also we need medical assistance we have may wounded including are medic. To the pilots he say, put us in standby just in case.

EvenSeven
2010-02-17, 01:09 AM
Novar rises from his seat. "Tell your men to put their weapons down when our hosts arrive, but keep them close at hand," he says to the CST. "SIG, I'd appreciate it if you lightened your load," he nods at the many weapons strapped to the droid, "but it'd be convenient if you have any hidden internal space that we can 'forget' about."

Novar unstraps his chestpiece, letting it fall to the ground, then picks up his rifle and slings it over his good shoulder. "I'm going to wait for them outside, as they might not react well to seeing stormtroopers waiting for them. Anyone care to join me?" He looks pointedly between the kid and his companions.

Liliedhe
2010-02-17, 02:03 AM
"I'm coming."

Irian gets up and follows Novar outside.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-02-23, 07:57 PM
@Novar: SIG nods at your suggestion and empties most of his carrying capacity of weaponry inside the drop ship.

@Everyone: Outside a lot of nothing seems to be happening. A dim sense of dread emmanates from the nearby entrance to the tomb. The shuttle finishes it's power down and goes silent. Watchful Shadow troopers remain vigilant as they watch the entrance to the Tomb from the top of the rear ramp entrance to the drop ship, they can be seen divesting themeselves of armor, though keeping some weapons close at hand for the moment.

The air is frought with a certain amount of tension. Eventually four glints in the sky can be seen, small craft making a particularly fast entrance to the atmosphere perhaps. They quickly evolve into tiny triangular shapes, then winged draconic forms as they rush directly towards the Drop ship at attack speed. As they continue their powerdive the long barrels of Laser Canons and Starship weaponry can be made out, and if they are going to slow down they give no indication of it. Finally as everyone is about to reflexively dive for cover or wince from the immanant impact, the monstrously large shapes flare their wings and with a deafening blast of wind and the roar of straining ion engines the great beasts land heavily.

Without a moment lost one of the beast Riders, wearing what looks unmistakably like purple mandalorian armor leaps to the ground and brandishes a stout triple barreled weapon at the group of you, apparently looking for an excuse to use it. Knoledge: weaponry or Tech/science roll of 15 to identify the weapon

Backed up by a much slower to descend rider, The beast rider in purple demands your surrender with a no nonsense, angry, matronly voice. "Down or I put you down NOW!"

Behind her the other two mounted riders turn their starship scale weapons towards the entrance to the tomb. The Rider on the ground lazily puts an oversized vibro axe over his shoulder as he moves to stand behind the older woman in a practiced fashion, staying out of her line of fire.

Graybacca
2010-02-23, 11:17 PM
Knowledge (Technology) [roll0]

Tal had decided on his own that he would not totally did arm himself, so he waited just in side the hatch for them to arrive, still in the trooper armor with the helmet off, clammily walks out of the ship with his unlit lightsaber in hand, as walk out of the ship he says, Su cuy'gar, alor. we agreed to surrender and we will, but I'll do it on my own terms, I Captain Tal her by formally surrender myself and my sword to you. Tal holds out his arm with the saber in it out so she can take it, only after she has taken the saber dose Tal sink to his knee.

((~Su cuy'gar~, ~alor~ = ~Hello - lit. You're still alive.~, ~leader, chief, ""officer"", constable, boss~))

EvenSeven
2010-02-24, 12:02 AM
[roll0]

"All right, lower them," Novar calls to the commandos. He unstraps his gunbelt and bandoliers, throwing them and the many attached weapons before the beast riders, though he doesn't relinquish his rifle - rather leaning on it like a walking stick.

"I'm guessing you're Tav's mother, then?" Novar shrugs. "I'm Novar Crosmyth. I offer surrender on behalf of my team and the stormboys, provided you and your people are willing to treat us fairly."

Liliedhe
2010-02-24, 01:34 AM
Irian keeps back, willing himself to disappear between the taller and far more impressive troopers and soldiers. He still feels dazed and completely disoriented in a way he never thought possible, and finally he has run out of the ability to care what happens to him.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-02, 01:59 PM
"Cheeky for a bunch of people surrendering.." The Matronly looking older woman says, a bit taken aback by Tal's coming forward. However she takes his proffered lightsaber and nods then says. "Well get up ya lousy clone.. sheesh your all the same :smallsigh: guess I shouldn't be shocked. Alright everybody line up, weapons down or I vaporize ya. And I'm not the trouble makers mother.. bit too old for that."

There is a noise from the entrance to the tomb and a tomb beast sprints out with remarkable speed. Midair it's ferocious leap aims for the group of you. aimed just about right at Irian in the back of the group

However it is caught by one of the starfighter sized beasts in a surprisingly fast claw, held aloft for a moment, then torn in half with a vicious bite in a casual display of frightening power.

"On second thought maybe we should move this indoors. Everybody mount up we're leaving." She says in a command voice that would take considerable willpower to not obey without question. Directing her attention to those with her.. and her riderless mount "I'm inside with the lot of them :smallbiggrin: I'll trust you to keep an eye out here and follow us in."

Back inside the suddeny cramped transport Tavi huddles in his spot and as the Mandalorian matron steps in seems to shrink in on himself even more.

Replacing her helmet she says "Alright whoever is piloting, take us to these coordinates. And if you want a chance at me feel free, this old lady could use a warm up after all that space combat.. I have cramps on my cramps."

Graybacca
2010-03-02, 10:35 PM
Doing as he was order Tal stands up and says Yes ma'am when order back into the ship he dose, he heads back to the cockpit area along with Novar if he sits him self back in the cockpit.

Liliedhe
2010-03-03, 01:34 AM
The way Irian stares unflinchingly at the beast barelling towards his head doesn't bode well for his emotional stability... But at least he's saved from the decision to let it tear off his head. He then follows inside the transport, and huddles in a corner.

EvenSeven
2010-03-04, 09:12 PM
Novar retakes the pilot's seat, powers the ship back up, and begins to take off shakily. "Just confirming this, but we're not going to get eaten by a space dragon again, are we?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-08, 12:25 AM
"Not as long as your smart Darlin.:smallwink:" The old Mandalorian woman says in response to Novar's quip. Then leaning over the navigation console she plugs in the numbers for a landing beacon for the pilot to presumably home in on. Then she gets downright talkative in a relaxed manner. As if a hold full of troopers and a handful of random hero types doesn't constitute a threat to her in her opinion... Basic body language and tone of voice is very grandmother like.

"Now this has got to be one helluva story, bunch of Stormtrooper Elite's and some random folks with some kid and a beat up droid surrender from in the middle of a warzone, anyone care to share the story, or are you all waiting for the interogators.. though that will be a problem what with us havin gotten rid of all of those torturer types along with the corrupt nobility. And before your clone goes all googlyeyed at me again, I'm just the commander in charge of the warmounts, all the decision making is gonna come from her royal pain in the bum. Speakin of pain's in the bum, you OK kiddo?"

"yeah.. I'm fine."

"Don't look fine, looks like you need another stint in the bacta tank. And we're still at battle readiness, what happened to going by rank Eh?"

"Yes Commander Grandma Sir! :smallsigh:"

EvenSeven
2010-03-08, 03:01 AM
"No story, ma'am - we came to Onderon looking for help, and instead we lost our ship, our cargo, and our captain's legs. Tav found the crash site and we took shelter in the temple of... Freeda Nadd, was it?" Novar almost shrugs, but when the ship goes to shrug with him he quickly corrects for his rather poor decision. "Anyway, the stormboys fried an ISB agent and helped us rescue the kid from one of those great big Dxuni beasts I've heard so much about. Be sure to tell your commander that before you let her pass judgement, alright?"

Liliedhe
2010-03-08, 12:36 PM
Irian listens to the story - that conveniently leaves out his part of it - from his position in the background, and says nothing.

Graybacca
2010-03-08, 06:47 PM
As Novar says we came looking for aid, but we're also hoping to offer some aid too.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-18, 11:58 AM
"So you're neither weak nor stupid, just standin up for yourselves.. I can respect that. I'll make sure the Mandalore hears you fair at least, she'll probably appreciate the trouble maker's return. Cast Ferrosteel Kretch* that one is though, so don't expect too much, not rippin your throats out with her teeth is "Nice" for her ya see. Enemies of the Empire and turncoats are generally welcome here as long as they can keep quiet and follow orders."

* Kretch: a small vicious poisonous hard shelled Reptile-insectoid, known for it's foul temper and territoriality. Native to Dxun.

The Dropship comes to a swift landing on a raised platform amidst a sizable walled city. Batteries and weaponry dominate the skyscape, some still smoking from their earlier usage. The beast riders that had been trailing land on either side. As the ramp lowers the old woman says. "Alright Fall in, try not to look like sots and keep your chins high and you might just survive this."

EvenSeven
2010-03-20, 11:38 PM
Novar shrugs at Irian and Tal before stepping in line behind the old woman.

Graybacca
2010-03-21, 10:49 PM
Tal fall in behind Novar ready to move out.

Liliedhe
2010-03-22, 12:13 PM
The boy just trudges along like in a daze, as he has been since he left the Temple. It might be that he looks like someone going to his execution... Or maybe he's just very tired and sore.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-03-22, 07:24 PM
You all proceed without delay through several long straight tunnels. The layout and the presence of multiple blast doors, as well as the regularly stationed guards* (about 4 per set of blast doors) lead you to believe you are entering a millitary base of some sort.

The Guards ... Most but not all are human. None of them have quite the same weapon loadout, their weapons are a mix of melee vibro weaponry and ranged blasters of varying models and sizes. Their armor is all dissimilar, some looks cobbled togeather, while others look like modified storm trooper armor, some appear much more mandalorian in design. The only thing uniform is all of the armor has been personalized with symbols, names and tattoo like designs, some of them in Old Mandalorian, some in Standard, others in unfamiliar dialects or alien languages. ...don't even slow your progress, as they respectfully stand aside after exchanging the briefest of understanding nods toward the old woman. You arrive at a secure looking over large elevator, meant for heavy equipment by the look of it. It starts it's way down and it takes quite a while to reach the bottom, which by your best guess must be considerably beneath the moons surface.

Exiting the elevator you pass a large group of commandoes in heavily modified clone trooper armor. Their apparent leader makes a brief nod towards the old woman, which she returns with a healthy punch to the shoulder in comradely fashion. Their squad takes your place on the elevator. The leader of the commandoes mutters "Always recruiting I see.." as he nods towards Tal. The old woman responds with a serious "You get us some more intact landing craft down there, we might be needing every ship shortly."

@Tal: Reading the clone's name from his armor, you might want to make a knowledge check (in and out of character) it reads "Alpha-17"

Following the old woman you go through a heavy blast door and finally arrive at the command bunker. Large screens showing the region around the star system dominate the holotank in the middle of the room. You can all feel the tension as what looks like the remnant of the imperial fleet approaches the edge of the gravity field. A severely damaged Star Destroyer in the middle of a small cloud of support craft is under heavy attack by Starfighters, beast riders, and several heavily armed freighters. The Empire's few remaining fighters are trying to keep the beast riders from closing with the Star destroyer, and paying for it with heavy losses. The Star Destroyer makes it past the edge of the gravity well and a comm is heard from the communications station. "Rebellious curs you shall face the full wrath of the empire upon my return!"

The comment is met with rude gestures and a general sense of derision around the command room, but a woman in the midst of the room raises her hand and everyone goes quiet. She says "Damnit we missed our prize, but the show's not over.."

Coming out of hyperspace almost on top of the Star Destroyer a sizable capital ship with the designation "Royal Honor Guard" blocks it's exit. A broad band communication is then heard in the room. "Imperial craft explain your action's, this is the Admiral of the Hapan Royal fleet. Why have you attacked an independant system, and close trade partner of ours? Is this your way of declaring war on any independant government... The Queen Mother awaits your official response!"

Behind the first ship, a fleet drops out of hyperspace. Easily a match for a full imperial sector fleet, it's arrayed in an overwhelming parade like display of force. In the center a massive palace like craft drifts behind waves of defenders.

The Imperial Star Destroyer turns and departs on a different vector suddenly without responding, the only surviving craft from the assault force.

There is silence in the room and the lights brighten. "Ah she's gunna be a Pain to deal with now.. probably say she saved our Bacon". All right everyone you know your orders! On to more immeadiate matters." and she turns and walks towards the group of you.

She introduces herself "I'm Tai-zen Mars, Leader of the Onderon Alliance, Commander of Dxun, and the only surviving member of the royal house of Onderon.. If one of you calls me Queen you get shot.:smallamused: EVERYBODY CLEAR!:smallfurious: You! you went out in the middle of a battle, Medbay NOW! Double excercise regimen soon as the med-droid clears you. Go while I sort out this mess.. aHem.. Now then what are you all doing here:smallsmile:"

Tavi and the older Mandalorian woman seem to take that moment to make themeselves extremely scarce, Fleeing the direct attention of the woman in front of you. She is raven haired, tall perhaps 2 meters in height, athletic build and has partial heavy armor over her upper chest and shoulders of blood red color, a half cape, and a helmet of mandalorian manufacture on her belt. And perhaps most alarming, she is armed with a pair of custom blaster pistols and is extremely, obviously, pregnant.

Graybacca
2010-03-22, 07:46 PM
(( here are the two Knowledge checks once i know the results I'll post a reply))

Knowledge out of character [roll0]
Knowledge in character [roll1]

Tal acknowledges the Clone with a polite nod, but when he reads the mans ID tag his eyes open wide with shock, he says in a shocked low voice, Your Alpha-17!!!, I thought you were killed when your med vac transport Disappeared?

To the woman in charge he says, Ma'am, my group and i were sent by my employer to seek aid and also offer aid as will, are ship was hit by some sort of dragon when we ran the Imp blockade.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-04-06, 06:57 PM
Directing her full attention to Tal the obviously scary pregnant woman responds with a simple "And who would your employer be?" as she takes a step closer looking curious.

@Tal: Yup it's that Alpha 17... though he doesn't give you much response while in the corridor, just a comradely nod, and a "I get that a lot, you'd be surprised at how many dead folks we have walking around here Vode.

Graybacca
2010-04-06, 10:09 PM
Are employer is the First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan, Ma'am answered Tal.

EvenSeven
2010-04-09, 12:12 AM
"Knowing that, I'm wondering what do you intend to do with us, commander?" Novar touches his holster, expecting to find the comforting grip of his pistol there, but then remembers he relinquished it all to the old woman. Ah well.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-04-28, 03:23 PM
"So your from peace loving Alderaan.. Sent by an imperial senator into a warzone.. interesting but why might I ask. As far as what I do with you that is entirely dependant on my opinion of your honesty and what I think will be best for my people.. So what kind of aid was the senator of Alderaan interested in sending besides a kid and a mercenary and a clone trooper?"

EvenSeven
2010-04-29, 08:37 PM
"I believe that's what we'd been sent here to negotiate. Unfortunately, our ship and its crew were eaten, and our lead diplomat is very unconcious..."

Liliedhe
2010-04-30, 12:21 AM
Irian just stares ahead sullenly, offering no explanation for his presence, but looking singularly unsuited to negotiations, gaunt, scarred and morose as he is.

Graybacca
2010-05-01, 04:53 PM
We're not the senator only agent, we're just one team, the senator can many offer financial support, some small craft support, thou nothing to big, but i did over hear the senator talking about possibly acquiring a warship for use in some of the more risky enterprise we have planed, what we were hoping to gain from you if you agree to an alliance, is an experienced fighting force to help pull off future raids but could also train men and woman in small unit fighting and guerrilla warfare tactics. The only other request the senators has if you agree to an alliance, The senator has long been an allie of the Jedi, if your people discover any, aid them if possible and send them to Alderaan, The senator will help them disappear again.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-08, 08:08 PM
"You had me intrigued till you mentioned the Jedi ... We'll see about contacting this senator of yours to see what I can wring out of him, but I'm thinking alot of what you want isn't going to mesh with our plans.. though stirring up trouble for the empire and destabilizing it would further our long term plans.. Still, it's from just this sort of "Jedi please save me attitude" nonsense that made the Republic fall, mark my words it will be by the blood of soldiers like you.. and children like you that the empire will fall.. not some shining light of virtue jedi. I'd just as soon rid the gallaxy of their kind so regular beings can get on without the interference of cosmic energy fields and whatnot." The Pregnant woman says as she locks gazes with each of you in turn, picking Irian's chin up with a gentle nudge of her hand to look him in the eye at the mention of children before finishing and backing off to a less confrontational conversation distance..

"Well I think for now you can consider yourselves our guests, we don't take prisoners anymore, we might as well get you taken care of so noone bleeds to death mid discussion. GUARDS take these guests up to my private medbay and get them seen to, bring them a bite to eat while their at it.. they should learn to feed children... honestly you are skin and bones. I'll be back to speak with you after a bit I have other nicities to atend to.:smallsigh:"

A dozen of the nearby guards smartly arrive from around a corner and escort you down several passages to a different turbolift. After several stops you arrive at a well appointed medbay, several slightly out of date medical droids and several Bacta tanks, along with a lot of odd equipment a good roll on first aid might make some sense of it are widely spaced around the room. The boy from earlier is already sedated and undergoing what looks like surgery under sedation. The guards stop at the door and look likely to stop anyone from leaving. though one does leave to fetch some food and is taking orders apparently...

Graybacca
2010-05-08, 08:43 PM
Before being lead away Tal replies, Your right it will be the blood of soldier that help free us of the empire, but we do need the Jedi there the only ones that stand a halfway decent chance of defeating Lord Vader.

Tal follows the guards to the med bay.

Treat Injury [roll0]

Liliedhe
2010-05-10, 12:56 AM
Irian flinches away from her touch involuntarily, something like fear in his dull hazel eyes. Then he lowers his gaze again and allows himself to be led away.

EvenSeven
2010-05-10, 06:33 AM
Novar sighs with exhaustion as he follows his teammates to the medbay, slumping into a seat to watch the surgery. "Well, she wasn't nearly as scary as the kid made her out to be." After a moment he turns back to Irian and Tal. "I guess now we wait?"

Graybacca
2010-05-10, 05:02 PM
it's all we can do, until she makes up mind weather or not to allied with us or shot us, hopefully its the former, but if its the latter well have fight are way out, some how.

((OOC: is SIG near by and dose he still have some of are equipment hidden))

Liliedhe
2010-05-11, 11:41 AM
"Yeah, we wait. Till they decide to shoot us."

Irian shrugs. "It's not like they can let us go."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-18, 06:28 PM
OOC: Sig was last seen on the transport, and he and the rest of your equipment are not present, Though he was likely unloaded after you left, along with the majority of the Imperial troopers. Though if fate has a hand in things you'll likely meet up with him in a bit.:smallwink:

Relaxing in the medical bay, you are interupted by several small sized medical droids from around the room that without preamble start to scan and treat everyone's injuries. (unless stopped forcefully) They attempt to stay out of your way and go about the treatments without interupting you, though one droid (who looks like a wheeled watercooler) in particular stops by each of you and dispenses several pills and a glass of water and waits for you to take them before moving to the next patient. Another droid starts bandaging open cuts with what looks like some kind of rotary dispenser with self adhesive false skin. Another droid wheels Elias over to a chair that comes out of a cabinet, and makes worried noises as the chair seems to be scanning for head injuries.

After a few more minutes the guard returns with several bags of hot food that looks similar to a type of takeout popular on Corellia.

Graybacca
2010-05-19, 11:37 AM
Tal dose as the medical droids ask, with out complaint, when the food comes he thanks the guards and eat the food quality.

Liliedhe
2010-05-21, 12:44 PM
The boy remains standing in a corner, occasionally looking over to the unconscious Elias. He eats the food listlessly, and doesn't even seem to realize what he is doing.

EvenSeven
2010-05-24, 03:54 AM
Novar accepts the food and medical attention quietly, and watches the droid tend to Elias.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-05-24, 05:21 PM
From being tended by the droid medical facility everyone feels much better. Everyone gets up to 16 HP back, *note this does not take you above your max HP:smallbiggrin:

The food is good, though slightly greasy. The kid's medical procedure seems to be finished and he is in a sedated slumber.

Nothing bothers you for awhile and the guard you can see remains alertly at his post, though not particularly talkative.

You all notice Elias twitching around abit almost like he's getting ready to wake up. OOC anybody hear from Elias's player.. ben awhile.. If he doesn't come back I may have to NPC him or let someone else play him to move things along.. and I would really rather not:smallsigh:

@Tal: You notice that much of the gear in the room looks like it would be for some kind of sports rehabilitation or even belong in a training room more than a medic bay, the only pieces out of the general medical/sports training theme are several old boxy looking computers and screens attached to what looks like a motion capture device for a holo projector.

Graybacca
2010-05-28, 06:11 PM
(((ooc: no have not heard a peep from him))

Tal after eating and looking a round at there surroundings, and nothing the medical equipment not being not meant for general medicine, he says, Hey has any one else noticed that 99% of medical equipment in this room is meant for treating sport related injuries.

EvenSeven
2010-06-01, 10:39 PM
((Same. Haven't heard from him.))

"It's unsurprising, given their circumstances... I mean, the 'Queen' of Onderon is Mandalore, and is positioned on a base on one the deadliest moons in the galaxy." Novar wolfs down the food provided, then scratches his chin thoughtfully. "If Tai-Zen is a royal, does that make Tav a prince?"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-06-19, 06:13 PM
OOC: Well in any case I guess we'll have to go on without our good doctor.. I'm really disapointed as the upcoming part was literally right up his alley. Hopefully we can get him to come back at some point:smallfrown:

The group of you has a long wait...

A few hours later, after feeling a bit better both from food and medical attention the boy finally gets out of his treatment tank.

Stretching and waking up grogily he complains about the foul smell of bacta and then notices the group of you around the room.

"uh what are you guys doin up here?"

Graybacca
2010-06-19, 08:17 PM
Waiting of course for what not sure but they've have feed and treated us and now we wait? though there's nothing else we can do until you leader decides what to do. Say Tal

((OOC: if you want to recruit some one new i may know someone interested))

EvenSeven
2010-06-21, 07:30 AM
Novar nods along as Tal answers the question, then asks his own; "how are you doing, kid? You took a few nasty blows out there."

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-07-01, 01:15 PM
The kid nods and says... "I think I see where this is going.. yeah I'm fine, having all these medical gizmos work you over tends to do that, though I swear I can taste the Bacta for a week each time I have to go through it :smallannoyed: Anyway, looks like we're gonna have to get you guys out of here, :mumbles:great reverse infiltration practice, she wasn't kidding about getting right back to training, though I suppose we could wait to see what mom has as an alternative for you guys.. but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise you wouldn't be here you'd be someplace secure and not with the leading troublemaker of the Dxun moon to convieniently make you disappear without political ramifications... How are all of you and what do we need to pick up before we get you out of here?"

Graybacca
2010-07-01, 05:02 PM
I'm Better then i was but I'm good to go, We need are weapons and i won't leave with out My lightsaber i promised to keep it safe no mater what and i plan to keep that promise

EvenSeven
2010-07-04, 07:32 PM
"Well, there you go. Apart from Tal's lightsaber we don't really need anything. I have my coat already and while it would be nice to pick up our guns, it's not exactly like there's a shortage of arms dealers in the galaxy..."

Liliedhe
2010-07-19, 11:38 AM
The boy just keeps to himself again, saying nothing. But he looks just as ready to be away as all of the others.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-07-20, 06:07 PM
"Ok so you need the glow sticks.. what about that droid you had following you.. Probably in a repair bay by now, you know anything about him? Might make it easier to figure out who they'd have repairing him. OK in any case presuming the guards will cooperate and either doze off or mysteriously find something interesting to do elsewhere.."

At this the two alert guards standing just on the other side of the door quietly peek in and salute then leave, leaving the doors wide open in the process, almost like they've been waiting for just such an unofficial order.

"Well that's something of a relief.. looks like my idea was already in their orders, which both confirms that our officially unofficial break out can commence, and saves us having to fight those guys which would have been messy or suicidal, :smallbiggrin: Maybe both.:smallwink:"

The kid then goes and gesturing for you all to follow him boldly walks out into the hall and starts walking you around the facility. The journey stops just three doors down and he opens a locked security door to what looks like a martial arts training facility, complete with mats, mirrors, monitors, training dummies, targets and a firing range with blasters and more "eclectic" weaponry in evidence on the walls and left out on several work benches. The door seals behind you, though doesn't lock from this side from the look of it.

"OK everyone make yourselves at home a moment.. I'd like to talk to Irian alone for a second.. over here." He motions towards a seperate room.

Liliedhe
2010-07-21, 01:11 AM
A big, plain "here it comes" on his face, Irian follows the motion, walking off to the side...

Graybacca
2010-07-21, 06:48 PM
Tal follows the group to the training facility.

EvenSeven
2010-07-25, 12:22 AM
Novar almost immediately walks over to the blasters, grabbing a pair (pistols or rifles?) and throwing one to Tal. "Set it to stun until we know what's going on." He then approaches the other weapons and looks for a good, solid staff or baton...

Graybacca
2010-07-25, 11:46 AM
Tal catches the weapon and and sets the weapon to stun, Tal then joins Novar in looking over the weapons looking to see what else they could really use.

Perception
[roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-07-31, 05:56 PM
@Tal and Novar: The weapon range has a number of pistols, mostly big ungainly suckers of strange make, and both automatic assault blaster rifles, squad assault weapons (Light repeaters) and sporting blaster long barrels, in fact looking around it's a veritable bonanza of strange blasters from around the gallaxy, from Espo Riot Guns to a rare Veritas 2 Blaster Pistol. There's only one of each and wheras none are really expensive collectibles the assembled blasters have just about every commonly used millitary piece of hand fired blaster, or a close counterpart present. Checking the charges shows they are all fully charged and ready to go. The only thing stopping you from making off with all of them is weight, all told there may literally be a ton of them. There are also odd weapons interspersed with the blasters, odd dart launchers and exotic and primitive projectile throwers of somewhat less variety.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Irian: The kid leads you into the adjacent room, his face and body language deadly serious. He closes, locks the door and says with a nod that seems to indicate you can't be heard on the other side of the door. "So are you keeping them in the dark about you being a Jedi or what? Seems a dangerous game to me but that's not really my business. What is.. is this."

He waves his hand over a sensor on the wall and around the room you see screens lighting up with semi holoprojected recordings of a number of jedi, some recent, some of considerable antiquity. All of them seem to be images taken from Jedi fighting. One you recognize as a News feed showing a Jedi Knight facing down a group of Droids from the Clone Wars as a propaganda film, another shows a Jedi master from several hundred years ago (by his clothes anyway) facing off a group of Pirates. Another shows a shaky image of Ben Kenobi being attacked in a bar, apparently recorded by a bar patron. Dozens of images of Jedi fighting groups, single opponents and other Jedi, taken from news feeds, security cameras and suspiciously well placed surveilance recordings.

"I've been training to fight Jedi my Whole life, not that there's been much of it. I've been studying and watching these recordings since I could walk, told to analyse them for weaknesses, taught how to counter specific moves.. in theory anyway.. told you are the enemy. Told beating you is the ultimate proof of martial skill in the Gallaxy...
I've learned a lot looking at these tapes, Jedi fight well, and with discipline, they're brave, they don't start fights, they don't get cocky.. the better ones anyway. There's a lot worth emulating there.. I want to.. no NEED to learn more and I can't give up the opportunity you present. You might not be a Jedi, but you're the closest thing I have to one my age size and skill. Spar with me.. teach me what it is to stand against a Jedi.. or a padawan or whatever you are at least and I'll help you and your friends get home. After seeing you in there.. I don't think I can hate you anymore.. no now I want to fight you becouse I.. want to know what makes you strong." He says with a surprising amount of not quite hero worshiping candor.

"My mom thinks you're just agents or spies or something she can use, if she finds out.. You won't get out. We don't have long, what do you say to best 2 out of three? :smallbiggrin:"

Liliedhe
2010-08-01, 09:42 AM
Irian watches everything with widening eyes and growing confusion. Slowly, very slowly, the meaning of the kid's words dawn on him. He almost feels like laughing, but it is more hysterical laughter than anything. "With the others... that's more of don't ask don't tell. But clearly, you don't want to agree to this..."

He sighs. "I'm no good at fighting. Not really. I'll spar with you if you want to, but I doubt it will measure up to anything of ... this." He points to the screens. "Well, I'm not your enemy. But probably your people are mine." A shrug. "But I've not been thinking of getting out of here alive ever since we were brought here... So I might as well do as you ask."

Graybacca
2010-08-02, 11:32 AM
Beside taking a blaster pistol Tal will take 1 of the Light repeaters, he also looks to see if the collection has a Bowcaster and a Verpine shatter gun, if the collection dose he'll take them both

Perception [roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-08-10, 08:36 PM
@Tal and Novar: The blaster collection is impressive but doesn't have any racial or non-blaster style weaponry included. So no bowcasters or Verpine Shatter guns.. which are incidentally functionally a Rail-gun or Gauss weapon depending on who you ask ;) There are also only one of each. By they're state of readyness and location you'd guess they're training weapons more than an armory.

As you are ransacking the private training room of the Queen of Dxun, a beeping can be heard from a comunications panel by the door. It seems to be an incoming call...

------------------------------------------------

@Irian: The kid looks strangely taken aback and looks actually confrontational (as opposed to when he was asking you to fight him where he was ironically being a bit starry eyed.) as he responds after a moment.

"Serously, you have amazing powers over the Universe and can see through time, jump higher, be stronger than me, move stuff with your mind, react before something happens and you're all mentally defeated all ready. No I don't see the point of sparring some whiney beaten up kid. I've seen you up against the wraith of a SITH LORD.... LOOK AT THEM." He gestures to the screen then runs over briefly to punch in a code on the console. You note that it's a collage of clips keyed to his personal "favorites"
(the list looks something like this with certain exceptions ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qa6KIomTRg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6CR7uQXGYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI02TvkqCw&feature=related
He begins playing them then muters under the music apparently set to the action.
"Look at their eyes.. you see that determination.. you see that will to fight. That's what I have seen in you, that's what I've seen in the Jedi. All the skill, with practice that will come, I need to see the WHY... maybe I'm not explaining it right.. but the defeatism, the fear of death is silly. We all DIE.. how we die, what we do before is what counts... maybe that's the why. Maybe that's why the Jedi got wiped out.. they got too used to bein on top and forgot WHY.. like you did too maybe. I guess I can try an beat it back into you though. :smallbiggrin: Prepare yourself!" he then walks several steps back into the room flipping a switch and the room darkens somewhat, images from Jedi battling fill the screens providing an eerie but colorful background. The kid looks at you all determination, focused, but smiling an oddly infectious grin. Not drawing any weapon he simply goes into a relaxed pose, but his eyes tell you maybe you should take him seriously.

Roll initiative.

Liliedhe
2010-08-11, 02:19 AM
Irian listens to the boy's tirade without commenting. As he goes ready for fighting, he just shakes his head and drops down to the floor, in tailor's seat fashion. "This is where you are wrong." He makes no move to defend himself.

Graybacca
2010-08-13, 11:49 PM
After Tal selects his weapons of chose, he hears the beeping from the comm panel, Tal heads over to the door where the Tavi and the kid went in and bangs on the door and say thought it, hey, Tav the comm's beeping i think is for you.

PS OCC: in-case you missed it EvenSeven posted in the occ thread his computers down and until he has the money to fix it he'll post when he can if possible.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-08-17, 10:48 AM
OOC: I'll make a post in the OOC thread but basically we have to either make some changes or start recruitment. So be sure to check the OOC and post your ideas, opinions and suggestions to keep the game alive.

In the meanwhile I'll try and keep things going :smallbiggrin:

@Irian: The kid looks like he's about ready to attack anyways. then he relaxes and says. "Oh yeah I suppose a weapon is in order. He pulls a lightsaber like device from a cubby near the video controls and hands it to you.
"Stun saber like the kind the actual jedi train with, cost a lot to have it stolen and smuggled out here I imagine. Hurts like a bad suntan, but at least it's good for sparring. I'll NOT be using one as I tend to lack any knack with them..
ANYWAY what's the deal with going all pacifist, I thought you agreed to spar me, you know for my help getting you out, I'm ready when you are, presuming you'll actually try a bit or at least explain yourself. :smallmad:

@Tal: The beeping continues. Then a female voice in a kindly fashion says through the com. "Tavi, I know your up there training, but it's time for dinner, your mother wants you in your best clothes to meet the queen mother, you have maybe half an hour, better hurry:smallwink:.

Liliedhe
2010-08-17, 12:42 PM
The boy reluctantly gets up and takes the training saber. He routinely checks it if it is what it claims to be, then activates it. "Very well. If that is what you want..."

He takes the fist stance of Ataru.

[roll0]

Graybacca
2010-08-17, 05:07 PM
Hearing what the voice says Tal knocks on the Door to get Tavi attention.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-08-24, 06:25 PM
@Irian: As you get a feel for the weapon, you begin to get an eerie feel of familiarity off the weapon. It does indeed seem to be a stun saber, it's construction identical to the type used in the academy on coruscant.

You ready yourself and the boy is almost instantly coming at you at high speed. You manage to duck under the impressive jump kick that he starts off with, literally going over your head he bounces off the door behind you and comes back at you with a relentless series of quick attacks, You manage to keep your distance and stay out of range but have to step back. Usually having a lightsaber ready means opponents are loathe to close, The kid is obviously not afraid to get very close, very quickly. The kid is using acrobatic strike and Rapid strike for reference, Though he missed it looked pretty impressive at least.

@Tal and Novar: There is a noticable thump on the door a moment after you knock. No reply but the sound was.. suspiciously loud.

Graybacca
2010-08-24, 06:32 PM
Tal dose not like the sound of the thump on the door a moment after he knocked, shooting Novar a look he say you don't think there trying to kill each other do you? Tal knocked again but if after about a minute if he gets no answer Tal tries to open the door.

Liliedhe
2010-08-25, 01:12 AM
Irian just tries to keep the boy off, and waits for the moment to give him a little tap with the training saber. It feels eerily familiar... And it would be so easy to slide back into the rhythm he is used to, but no matter how crazy the kid is that would be unfair. So he mostly tries to evade instead of parry and waits for his chance.

Irian is using Dodge.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-09-05, 05:41 PM
@Irian: You manuver and get a little bit of room. Your opponent circles warily, then once the distance has increased slightly launches into a tumbling leap that closes the range quickly, just as you adjust to avoid the next attack he goes in surprisingly low, stepping back you avoid the kick only to have his foot catch against the back of your other shin. Startled but not unprepared you sweep the training sabre in a simple warding sweep, which he ducks under as he steps in close, one elbow forcing your arms and sabre up and away as he lunges forward hitting your chest with a surprisingly solid headbut that sends you staggering backwards as you try to regain your balance from the braced hit. Irian takes 14 "virtual" damage. The hit was solid enough but turned mostly into a push instead of cracking ribs.. the kid apparently is hard headed literally as well as figuratively. You realize that the strike was pulled to do no actual damage, but for purposes of the fight we're keeping track of how badly you figure you would have gotten hurt had the strikes been real. Your opponent takes another step forward waiting for your response but hesitating a moment to allow you to regain your equilibrium.

You feel a bit of unease wash over you that oddly enough has nothing to do with the fight. The hair on the back of your neck starts to go on end as you sense a strong residue of helplessness and fear from the training sabre in your hand. It feels so very familiar... The training sabre you currently wield was there at the Jedi Temple on that fateful night your Master, and so many others died. It seems to have picked up a bit of the emotional residue from all the strong emotions. Aside from feeling this, there's no real game effect. How strongly or how you react to this is totally up to you, this is just a chance to RP a bit as you realize this in/out of character.

@Tal and Novar: There's apparently some sort of high quality lock on the door. It seems to have been activated from the other side. It would probably take a fair amount of work to open, electronically or physically.

Graybacca
2010-09-05, 11:27 PM
Tal decides to try and pick the lock, he gets out his tool kit and tries his luck, if not he'll try blowing the door down with a I.E.D made out of Blaster power pack, all he needs are 2 - 5 power packs some mesh tape and to remove there sturm dowels. but that's a last resort.

Mechanics [roll0]
Mechanics [roll1]

The Bomb
the rules for Blaster power pack bomb is on page 107 of the RECG.

time 2 minutes to complete
DC 15 Mechanics check or DC 10 Mechanics check with Tech Specialist

the baster pack bomb has a variable damage based on the where the power pack is taking from for example a power pack from a blaster rifle 2d8, and pack from a baster pistol dose 2d6. if i used 2 rifle and 1 pistol pack it would do 4d8+2d6 amount of damage.

i leave it up to you on on what packs i found and damage done.

Mechanics [roll2]
Mechanics [roll3]

Liliedhe
2010-09-06, 01:14 AM
It doesn't take a genius to figure out where this is from... He winces, distracted, almost dropping the weapon, before it comes flooding back. Sabers flashing... Pain... Fire... The impact on his chest doesn't exactly hurt so much, but it brings back a deeper, more searing pain. Now, it all mixes in his head, turning it around, and round... Some part of him wants to fight. Another is still enough in control to not lash out indiscriminately. He drops to his knees, instinctively holding up the weapon to shield himself...

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-09-16, 06:49 PM
@Irian: You lose track of your opponent as you are distracted by old memories.. old pains. Unknown to you he comes in fast, expecting a feint, he charges in acrobatically changing course around the unmoving practice saber. His fist just about whistling with the full force of his whole body behind it you feel a strong sense of impact as you involuntarily open your eyes.. to see his fist just barely pressing up against your nose. There's an oddly jarring moment of disorientation as you feel the pain and the fear vanish. Replacing it is a childlike vivacity, determination, joy and just a touch of concern. Figures I finally got a crit and it's not really counting, it would have been an even 30 "virtual" damage, max damage and a crit and it doesn't even kill a PC.. :smallmad::smallbiggrin:

"You OK?"

OOC: We ever get anything else from those potential players? I've been kinda waiting to hear back from someone.

Liliedhe
2010-09-17, 01:30 AM
He shakes his head, to clear it. "Yeah, sure. Just got distracted. It's not really convincing of course, considering he is pale, and sweating, and looks like somebody stepped on his grave. The saber drops to the ground and deactivates.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-09-28, 08:40 PM
"Well I've indulged more than probably should have with this.. We should probably get moving.. specially with you in no apparent shape for fighting." The kid says as he retrieves the training saber and replaces it in the console slot from which he got it. Turning all the monitors off he then helps Irian (if he isn't back on his feet looking better by then) and goes to open the door. "Right our first problem will be the glowsticks, pretty sure I know where those will be kept, then it's on to pick up your droid and catch you a ride off this moon. Umm hi what do you think you guys're doing?" As the door whooshes open directly in front of Novar and Tal, holding the just completed improvised explosive device...

Liliedhe
2010-09-29, 01:14 AM
He stands up again on his own, shaking his head to clear it. Then he follows the boy to the door.

Graybacca
2010-09-30, 09:31 PM
um mm..... well we were trying tell you we have a complication, and well when you didn't answer and we heard and felt the heavy thud against the door we thought you two were trying to killing each other so we decided to breach the door. oh and you mother whats you dressed to the 9's for dinner in 30 mins that was maybe 10 to 15 mins ago. As Tal explains this he reinserts the Dow's into the I.E.D. to disarm the bomb.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-11-01, 06:50 PM
OOC: Alright folks.. been awhile and I'm still interested in running.. might just put up a general call to fill in the team and start us back at the next leg of the DoD campaign if any of you are still interested.

Graybacca
2010-11-01, 10:02 PM
I'm still in.

Liliedhe
2010-11-02, 01:30 AM
I'm also still here.

Ascension
2010-11-09, 11:31 PM
Still here. Here again?

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-11-10, 05:32 PM
OOC looks like we're almost back in buisiness. I'll be checking with some of those who showed interest to see if we can add to our little band,

For reference the following is what happened in the current adventure.

IC:
You all managed to get smuggled out, with your stuff and SIG (and lightsabers, both Tal's, and the two Irian found.) Being smuggled aboard a shuttle bound for Corellia you then got picked up by a familiar ship. (any guesses?)

Along the way it is hinted that some manner of communication has opened up between Alderaan and Onderon, though weither it was just getting you guys safely away or some greater interaction is still unknown to the characters.

Also of note SIG got a few upgrades.. including a new set of sensor resistant smuggling compartments and slightly better armor. It's also found out that the Dxus techs tried to program SIG to send information back to them later, though his already messed up ISB programming allows him to ignore it if he wants.

OOC: Everyone is also going to be going up to level 4 presently.

Graybacca
2010-11-11, 02:16 PM
OOC: OK will get back to you soon with level update. and would that ship happen to be captain O'keffs ship

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-11-11, 05:02 PM
OOC: Guessed it in one.:smallsmile:

On the trip back Elias woke up and resumed normal operations, any convelescence being over with by the time you reach Alderaan. The problem was effectively a neurological disorder from being exposed to some rare cave molds that hadn't effected everyone else, possibly from a immune system already overtaxed from the crash. and not being a highly resilient clone or a rapidly healing and still young jedi

After checking back in at Alderaan, Bail Organa recieves your reports and mentions "Thanks to your efforts I have made contact with the apparent leader of Onderon, and while no overt help is likely in the foreseeable future due to their aligning themeselves with the Hapes Cluster, at least they have been willing to share some of their limited Intel and mentioned the possibility of covert help, or at least minor logistical aid. They've also supplied us with information about the Empires training methods and offered some strategic suggestions that might help us in the long term, though it won't be of any immeadiate benefit to us.

Though to all appearences they have their own plans for fighting against the empire they don't seem to include us as much more than a distraction. Sadly that means we must consider them similarly. I am sorry for the loss of our personel on this mission and offer you the survivors my most heartfelt condolences. However time presses and we have new information we have to act upon quickly if we are to be more than a distraction to the empire.

I want you to go back to the Resurgence, Admiral Varth has turned to our cause and provided information we may be able to act on. I'll have several other agents meet you aboard, to fill out your team.

And thank you for all your continued dedication to our cause"

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-11-29, 08:14 PM
A brief while later you all find yourselves brought back aboard the Resurgence, after again having gotten a ride from the Banshee. The meeting with Admiral Varth takes place inside a conference room, one which is locked and still being set up when you arrive. Being asked to wait by the crew, you are all left to your own devices in a small waiting area.

Funny thing is you are not the only ones waiting there.

(OOC: alright everyone, feel free to RP, talk and (re)introduce yourselves, I ask only that you give a description of your character as you do so. SIG the large grey quadrapedal labor droid has most of the "old" parties ordanance and spare equipment, except anything you are choosing to keep on your persons of course. Also you have had several chances to re-cloth yourselves, Bail organa's clothing(non Armor) reserves have no bounds:smallbiggrin:)

Liliedhe
2010-11-30, 01:46 AM
After what happened on Dxun, Irian is still withdrawn, haggard and silent. The only time the boy showed any reaction was when Elias woke up. Since then, he has resumed his habit of tagging along the doctor - a lithe, silent shadow with scraggly, chinlength dark blond hair. He wears normal clothes and boots, and the most distinct feature are the burn scars on his face, a spattering of pink and red 'freckles' on his nose and cheek. He's probably the youngest person here, still a teenager.

Graybacca
2010-11-30, 03:08 PM
After what happened on mission to Dxun, on the flight home Tal clean all of his equipment including the captured armor, Tal is six-foot tall and looks like Most every other Jango Fett clone his age, sits and waits, he wears a set of gray fatigue with black riding boots, At his waist hangs a Dark Brown Utility belt and a hip holster on the right side with a blaster pistol in it, on the other side hangs a lightsaber.

Moofaa
2010-12-02, 08:16 PM
As the others enter the waiting room, they will see a human female, in her mid to late twenties, sitting comfortably in a chair. Siren had made use of Organa's wardrobe resources for her last mission, a short diplomatic excursion. Her cream-colored silk dress was cut just right to be eye-catching but not inappropriate. Dangling earrings sparkle in the light, and her shoulder-length light colored hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

Siren hides her internal nervousness as the newcomers enter.

So this must be the hand-picked team of specialists I've heard rumors about.
She quickly looks over everyone in turn.

..Not sure why that boy is here. He doesn't look too well either, so sad...WoW at the soldier! He's probably the one I need to watch the closest. What’s a clone doing with a lightsaber? He must have killed a Jedi for it...
Siren gets to her feet, pausing to smooth out her dress and collect her thoughts. She then puts on a cocky smile (picked up from spending too much time with some hotshot pilots).

...Better act confident...
With that thought she strides across the room towards Tal, offering a almost too-firm handshake (something she learned from hunters while on safari a year ago) assuming he takes it. She smiles warmly and makes eye contact, but is actually studying the whole face, the set of his jaw, the look in his eyes, a twitch of muscle in his cheek. She commits everything to memory.

"Siren Hall, I work for the Senator. Nice to meet you." she will continue to greet everyone in a similar fashion, smiling and carefully adjusting her handshake to match their physiques, especially careful not to crush the boys hand. All the while shes intently taking in their reactions and what she can read from their faces.

Anyone with stealth training will note she moves easily and quietly despite being in heels, as if she’s used to moving without making sound.

Also, anyone whose characters would likely have an interest in movies might think she has a familiar face.

Graybacca
2010-12-03, 12:58 PM
Tal note's the striking human female, who would not notice a beautiful woman, he may be a clone but he was human and a male. Tal is a little surprised when the women walks up to him and introduced herself, Tal surprise is quickly replaced by a genuine smile, tal take the preoffered hand and shake it and introduces himself, I am Captan Tal Walker RC - 1180 at your services Miss Hall.

Liliedhe
2010-12-04, 03:52 AM
The boy looks up at her, the disfiguring marks on his face plain against his pale skin. His eyes are green hazel flecked with brown, wide and somewhat surprised at her, his handshake is a bit limp. He just nods as a greeting, slinking back to the shadows again. He wears a blaster on his hip.

Moofaa
2010-12-04, 10:39 PM
So far so good.

Siren steps back and addresses the group as a whole once the introductions are finished.

"I think the Senator wanted us to meet. I understand you've been handling special missions for him, and I believe he wants me to assist you on the next assignment."

Mando Knight
2010-12-05, 04:52 PM
A slender Lethan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lethan) Twi'lek slips in from another side-entrance into the waiting room, a datapad under one arm. Her form-fitting outfit in primarily dark leathers and other materials, as well as the thigh-holstered heavy blaster and utility belt, makes her look like a cross between a random spacer and a dancing girl. Given that Senator Organa is opposed to slavery, her appearance would mean the safest bet is that she's the latter who became the former.

She almost imperceptibly inhales sharply as she notices the Clone deserter, then breathes out slowly. Adopting a smile, she nods at the rest of the gathered group and sits on a chair, and turns to her datapad.

Moofaa
2010-12-07, 07:48 PM
Siren watches the rare-colored Twi'lek enter the room and take her seat. Some tension is relieved from her shoulders as she realizes that nobody here seems to recognize her. To Siren this was a welcome thing.

Since it seems there would be little conversation coming forth from anyone, Siren reclaims her spot and produces a datapad of her own. She may as well pass the time by recording details of everyones mannerisms, so she could study them better later.

Siren will continue to record her notes, occasionally giving a thoughtful glance at one or another of those gathered in the room while she waits for the meeting with the Admiral to begin.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-12-10, 09:23 PM
After several minutes of polite waiting the group of you are invited by an ensign to enter the briefing room. Taking note of your surroundings you notice several members of the ship's personel finish loading the holoprojector and they then all start leaving the room, the room dims somewhat. A man some of you recognize as the one you saved not too long age walks up to stand before the holoprojector.

The briefing room aboard the Resurgence is clean and white, with
several benches wrapping smoothly around a holographic projector
seated on a raised dais in the center of the room. The projector
springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to
hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs.
With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder
Varth begins to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries.
“If everyone is here I shall begin.
Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability.. I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the
Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me,
I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources
to the project. Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of
the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc
Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings;
casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However,
during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the
Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate
by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were
routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and
through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to
the project.
One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named
Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits
is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved
transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial
agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s
organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items
being traded were not specified, but physical resources were
definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only
lead we have.
Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more
about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as
my agents. We need you to travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia
and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in
and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project.”

He then calls for questions in a cold formal fashion reminiscint of his history as an imperial officer, apparently expecting your questions to round out his briefing.

Mando Knight
2010-12-11, 12:39 AM
The Twi'lek gives the former Imperial a wry look. "He's a Hutt. Wouldn't he be trading in spice and slaves?"

Then her eyes widen. "That's not our cover, is it?"

Liliedhe
2010-12-11, 02:58 AM
The boy thinks a bit on this, saying nothing for now.

Cato Neimodia... That brings back memories, unwelcome ones. His frown deepens and he hides his hands in his armpits.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-12-12, 01:35 AM
The former Imperial Admiral answers. "We simply need to know about which-ever of his doubtless many criminal activities is directly related to the Imperial Project, Any details you may uncover may reveal the purpose and extent of the Sarlac Project. I have been told you are all here becouse you are resourceful agents, the methods for getting the information are purely your decision. My only suggestion would be, that he has been known to take criminal associates into his trust. Possibly by feigning to be criminals of some stripe yourselves, you can get inside his palace, then he might reveal what is going on willingly—or you might be able to find out by snooping around once you have gained his trust, ”

SIG, the durasteel droid that is remarkably easy to forget despite his industrial labor droid bulk asks several obvious and direct questions. His manner unrelenting and direct, he seems to nevertheless antagonize the admiral with the brevity of time between questions.

"How are we supposed to find this Darga the Hutt?" “Unfortunately, Darga’s exact whereabouts are unknown. However, he has been seen in the Cato Neimoidian city of Zarra. Chances are that someone in the city knows where he is.”

"Can you tell us any more details about the layout, political situation or underworld of Zarra?"
“Zarra was heavily damaged during the Clone Wars, and half of the city is still in ruins. The few residents that have chosen to remain inhabit a cluster of settlements on one end of the city. There are high rates of gang violence and criminal activity, the locals law enforcement seem somewhat powerless to stop this due to internal budget issues and possible corruption.. according to Bail's latest information on the planet.”

"How are we supposed to get to Cato Neimoidia?"
“Captain Verana has chartered passage for you aboard the Banshee, the transport vessel captained by Sirona Okeefe. Some of you are familiar with her from previous missions, including my own rescue.”

Varth looks slightly exasperated by a droids relentless questioning, but contains his disdain with an almost visable effort as he takes a deep breath and says. "Is there anything else?"

Liliedhe
2010-12-12, 05:25 AM
Shrugging, the boy raises a hand.

"If we are supposed to play criminals, will we get some ressources to do so convincingly? Like, stuff to pawn?"

Mando Knight
2010-12-12, 05:45 PM
The Twi'lek turns to the boy. "See, kid, that's the kind of thing I was afraid of. To Hutts, my people are such stuff. Especially when you're a healthy, fit girl with red or blue skin."

Sighing, she drops her head. "Though I suppose it would help with snooping around..."

Graybacca
2010-12-12, 11:43 PM
Tal the former Clone Trooper spoke for the first time doing the briefing, I think are best option for us to gain access to Darga the Hutt, would be to present ourselves as a mercenary band looking for more lucrative payday. Maybe because we have heard rumors that he has some thing big in motion that could use some more muscle

Ascension
2010-12-13, 04:31 PM
A pale, freckled man steps up beside Irian. He is dressed in a sober business suit cut to suit the current whims of Coruscanti intelligentsia and crowned with a shock of vivid red hair. He looks a bit flushed, even for a man of his fair complexion, and his eyes seem to have a bit of trouble focusing.

"You're muscle," he says, waving a hand at the clone, "but look around. To the average Hutt, the rest of us are a snot-nosed kid,"

Elias squeezes Irian's shoulder softly, silently apologizing for the mischaracterization.

"...some Core-worlder with more money than sense," he continues, jerking a thumb at himself, then, gesturing to take in both SIG and the Twi'lek, "a couple of pieces of property with delusions of grandeur, and, please pardon me, Miss, some eye candy. We'd need to layer on more armor than Mandalorians to be taken seriously as a mercenary band, and even if we did, what if they tried to put our skills to the test? I don't know about our new arrivals, but Irian and I aren't trained on blaster rifles, much less heavier weaponry."

He shakes his head.

"No, I don't think it's a good idea. A criminal cover would be far easier to maintain. But what could we offer him?"

Elias chuckles, somewhat grimly.

"I don't suppose any of you have any spare shell corporations lying around?"

Moofaa
2010-12-13, 04:50 PM
A brief flicker of anger burns through Sirens veins at the mention of the Imperial plot. As the emotion passes Siren mulls over the information presented by the admiral, including the input from her new allies. A hundred possibilties begin to whirl through her mind.

This is going to be exciting, Hutts, spying, government conspiracies... Theres a script somewhere in all this.

When this is over, I'll show them. I'm going to watch and learn everything I can. This is the real deal.

That same anger returns and this time takes much longer to fade. Sirens face begins to turn grim.

To Tal's plan: "The idea of playing ourselves off as mercenaries could be dangerous. If this Hutt wants us to prove ourselves first it could get tricky."

To the boy's suggestion: "Local transit authorities usually confiscate smuggled goods when they find them. Perhaps we can ask the Senator for approval, we might have to be prepared to aquire more if the Hutt asks however."

Noting the twi-leks distress at the prospect of posing as a slave, Siren pointedly adds "If we go in posing as slaves, I'll fill that role beside you."

Siren found herself wishing she hadn't lost her fathers inheritance. Of all times that she could have used that wealth, now she didn't have it when she had a good cause to support.

Liliedhe
2010-12-13, 05:53 PM
Irian just smiles at the characterisation he's been careful to cultivate. But it is a humorless smile, selfdeprecating and bitter.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-12-13, 07:04 PM
The Admiral looks around, nods and readies to depart saying. "If you wish to ask Organa about a loan or any further equipment to aid in your disguises, you may want to speak to captain Okeefe. She being a smuggler herself might be able to give you a few pointers on being a criminal. However I remind you that time is of the essence here, and though I am unsure what resource the Empire is trading with this Hut, I can say they are doing it in enough bulk quantities to require a very large sum of funding indeed, so there may be, if we are dealing with slaves, thousands of lives on the line. Good luck and may the force be with you."

He walks stiffly from the room, The Holo dims and lights come back to full but it seems the crew isn't ushering you out yet. Leaving you to discuss and plan unsupervised.

Moofaa
2010-12-16, 07:58 PM
Siren looks around at the group.

There doesn't seem to be anyone in this group that calls the shots in particular, so I may as well get the planning started.

Siren moves to where the admiral had been standing while addressing the party.

"It sounds like this Darga will be a pretty dangerous crime boss. Going in trying to force the information out of him probably isn't going to work. We'll be on his turf and I am guessing from the Admirals description of Zarra there probably won't be any backup from local law enforcement if there even is any such thing."

Siren pauses for a moment for effect before continuing.

"Elias is probaby correct that trying to come off as mercenaries might be more trouble than its worth, so I think our next step is to talk to Captain Okeefe. The admiral mentioned she has background as a smuggler so she might be able to provide further intel on this Darga, as well as procure us any goods or equipment we might need."

Another pause for dramatic effect...

"Also, there may be lives on the line so we should avoid delays. I'd say we should depart no later than tomorrow unless anyone has pressing business to deal with."

Siren keeps her face passive, although internally she's feeling quite pleased with herself.

I think I delivered that pretty well, now lets see what my new companions do.

Ascension
2010-12-20, 02:24 AM
Elias grins grimly.

"Business more pressing than this? Don't go wishing us that kind of luck, Sunshine. I can only do so much to keep you in single pieces. I agree with your assessment, though. Sirona should be able to provide invaluable advice. And if anyone else has much personal experience with organized crime, best lay it on the table now."

Graybacca
2010-12-21, 09:58 PM
Tal listens to everyone, and finally says, OK i can see you points, and i agree with them, but I'm not sure a Hutt would believe it if i was just a smuggler, though i think he would believe it if this old soldier was hired to run your security, also I'm not to comfortable with the prospect of any of are member posing as slaves, instead might i suggest that are Twi'lek friend pose as my back up as some sort of gunslinger, that of course depending on weather she is proficient with a blaster, because her Species natural grace and lithe movements would be a deadly combination in a gunslinger, and i think the Hutt might find the combination of are friends Species and suppose profession even more enticing.

Ascension
2010-12-26, 02:02 AM
"Or, just as easily, an affront to Huttese principles and a waste of a valuable commodity," Elias cuts in, "Look, I admit I'm no expert on the structure of crime syndicates, but I know well enough that even the apparently legitimate Hutt businessmen on Coruscant pull no punches. If we're not selling her, we should keep her out of sight. I'm sure there'll be plenty to do on this job that won't require direct interaction with the slug. Better to repurpose our assets than risk alienating the target prematurely."

He turns toward the door and pinches the bridge of his nose, sighing heavily.

"Whatever the case, I'm just too tired to argue this much further right now. Let's just get to the Banshee. We can figure out a plan on the way to the target, with Sirona's experience weighing in on the issue."

Graybacca
2010-12-26, 08:33 PM
OK, I'll meet you there i want to stop by the quartermaster and requisition a set of armour and some other equipment.

Liliedhe
2010-12-27, 04:49 AM
The boy says nothing, just tags along with the doctor, his face dour, as usual.

Mando Knight
2010-12-28, 11:21 AM
The Twi'lek gets up and follows the others to the Banshee.

DMfromTheAbyss
2010-12-28, 07:10 PM
@Everyone going directly to the ship: Everyone gets to the Banshee without any drama. Though some of you may be somewhat surprised to see 3 other space transports of varying makes also making the hanger bay their home, along with 6 brand new looking Y-wing fighters of unfamiliar make.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL-S3_Y-wing_starfighter

Sirona Okeefe meets those going directly to the ship at the bottom of the ramp. "Oh great.. MORE of you. So where are we going, they were keeping everything hush hush, you got any coordinates or a time table for me at least?"

@Tal and anyone going to the Armory: Tal finds himself being followed by SIG, who was never one to miss out on the opportunity to carry something heavy. Arriving at the now becoming somewhat familair armory, you are confronted by a ensign who asks if he can help you.

Mando Knight
2010-12-28, 07:28 PM
"Don't worry, I've got some experience on starships... Captain Okeefe, I presume? We're supposed to find a Hutt on Cato Nemoidia. I think the plan is to leave as soon as possible, once the rest get here."

Graybacca
2010-12-29, 09:35 PM
Tal says to the ensign, Yes you can I'm looking for some light armour with helmet package, i have a mission where i need to pass as a mercenary, also I'm looking for a blaster rifle with variable damage setting, also i need 7 high ammo capacity sidearm blaster pistols if you have it.

Moofaa
2010-12-30, 04:29 PM
Siren gives the fighters an appraising look, her fingers twitch a bit with the idea of getting behind the controls of the new-looking craft. Afterwards she moves to join the conversation, heels clicking on the metal deck plates as she approaches.

"Hello Captain, I don't believe we've met. My name is Siren Hall. As my companion had noted we will be leaving shortly. I just need to stop and get some things before we leave."

Siren sneaks another glance at the fighters before continuing.

"We were hoping you could provide us with a little more help than just transport."

...I doubt we will be getting a fighter escort, so don't even ask...

Ascension
2010-12-31, 02:41 AM
Elias brightens visibly at the sight of the familiar ship and, more importantly, her captain. The last vestiges of the weariness and stress of his convalescence seem to fall away.

"Darga's his name," he adds to the recap of the briefing, "we need to get close enough to do some information gathering."

A genuine grin quirks at the edges of his lips.

"Knowing us, you've probably already guessed that we've still got to figure out just how to go about doing that somewhere between here and the target."

The smile fades just as quickly as it came as Elias's thoughts drift uncomfortably toward memories of just how many good people gave their lives in support of his little resistance band's constant stumbles down the path toward freedom. Their last foray nearly cost him his own life... who might be next?

Liliedhe
2011-01-01, 10:21 AM
Maybe conscious of Elias' feelings, maybe just thinking similar thoughts, the boy places a comforting hand on his shoulder. His smile is a tad on the cynical side though.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-01-08, 07:00 PM
@Tal: The ensign nods then heads back checking their inventory.. calling out the specifications of various blasters they have in inventory you suddenly remember the Dxun collection you had briefly seen with envy. Alderaanians are just not blaster people apparently. They do however have several servicable though well used weapons of the rough type you wanted, which are brought out and placed in SIG's new weapon holding compartment, at which time you see SIG's weapon compartment is fully stocked with a better selection of weaponry than the ships weapon lockers. The ensign seems as surprised as you, though he does give you the weapons which fit into the smuggling compartment, along with a healthy supply of e-clips for the pistols.

You now have several worn out smuggler's weapons.. of a variety of makes and models mostly conforming to the hold out or standard blaster stats.. in the SIG weapon locker there are also a selection of nicer well maintained heavy blaster pistols, rifles and carbines of a modern.. "mandalorian" manufacture. (aka heavily modifiable)

@Everyone at the ship: Captain Okeefe seems to ponder for a minute, as she considers she looks over at Siren and snaps her fingers.. "You are a dead ringer for a character in a Holo I was just watching, weird.."

"So you need a plan huh? Yeah so I'm not up on exactly the who's who of Hutt politics, but I don't recognize Darga, which means as Hutts go he's a small fish. So assuming he's a heartless greed driven megalomaniac who is also desperate for power, needs his ego massaged and is willing to do absolutely anything to get power prestige and infamy sounds like a safe bet. That being the case it's a big Gallaxy, you could go as mercenaries.."

She looks at Irian and the two attractive ladies..

"Or well frankly that leaves.. hmm.. Pimp? Oh You are a Doctor right? I did hear a story about a Mad Doctor, he was convicted of all sorts of nasty stuff, cutting people up, doing illeagal cybernetic implants, interogations, unneccessary surgery that sort of thing... You'd be kind of your own minor criminal boss in need of a new sector where no one's heard of your "Malevolent acts against nature". Your compatriots could be your gang, dunno if you want to go so far as make it look like they've been "modified" or anything though, you'd know better than me what would be involved there. Just a thought.
I'll start prepping for launch, get your gear stowed you can show the new ladies where they can put their stuff I trust."

Mando Knight
2011-01-10, 02:02 PM
"Come to think of it..."
[roll0]
The Twi'lek gives the kid with a quizzical look.
If the kid doesn't want to be found out, make a DC18 UtF check.
If he doesn't make the check, he gets a short telepathic message, sad yet hopeful.
Padawan?

Liliedhe
2011-01-10, 06:31 PM
No, he does not want to be found out. Slightly frantic, he tries to shield himself...

[roll0]

Moofaa
2011-01-10, 07:04 PM
Siren tries to hide a wince at Okeefe's comment about the holo.

"I get that a lot." she offers simply with a smile.

...best to let that subject drop, I find people act differently when they find out who I am. And not always in a good way...

Siren then listens to the Captains plan.

"I'm not entirely sure if you were serious in that, but it might actually be a sound plan. If we go posing as mercenaries for hire Darga might want us to do something we'd rather not to gain his trust. I was going to suggest posing as smugglers to help avoid that."

Looking at the nervous boy, Siren decides she can't maintain her silence on it any longer.

"I know most of you have been working together for a while, but is it a good idea to bring him along?"

Graybacca
2011-01-11, 10:38 PM
Tal is slightly shocked by the weapons stored in SIG, but after a moment he realized that he should have figured that mandalorians that repaired SIG would have restocked him figuring that he would be serving them before we escaped. Tal then turns to the Ensign after the weapons were stored and asked, do you have any light battle armour with built in comm and sensor enhancements and if possible one with Vacuum Seals. i could use two set other wise do you have any modified trooper armour.

Liliedhe
2011-01-12, 02:04 AM
The boy looks up at being addressed like this. He's still a bit distracted, and worried, doing his best NOT to look around who just touched him... Then he shrugs. "Been through worse, Lady. And I tend to be handy to have around, at least the Doc thinks so."

Mando Knight
2011-01-12, 02:30 AM
The Twi'lek shrugs. "I've heard worse reasons. Besides, if you were already part of the merry band before I got here, you've probably got enough fight for a guy twice your age."

Then she hits her head with the heel of her palm. "Ah, I'm sorry to be so rude, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Lyn Vida."

Liliedhe
2011-01-12, 07:24 AM
The boy grins cynically, his hazel eyes suddenly very old. "Count on it. Just count on it."

Mando Knight
2011-01-17, 06:07 PM
Lyn nods her head sadly. "...Yeah. The last few years have been hard on all of us."

She smiles, trying to perk the rest of the group up. "So, how about you show us our quarters? No sense in just standing here moping about the past."

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-01-18, 07:59 PM
@Tal: The ensign informs you that aside from a suit or two of storm trooper armor and flightsuits or blast helmets and vests he doesn't have anything like that.

He does have comlinks though.. many as you could want in fact.

He then says you might have to mock something up yourself or go shopping someplace shady to find that sort of serious gear.

SIG motions for your attention, leaning close his vocabulator attempts to minimize volume to avoid notice from the ensign and any others who might overhear. "My re-programming at Dxun would like to inform you that the sort of gear you request is quite available there, though there are some social requirements, it seems that my reprogramming would like to subvert you to it's cause. I'm not sure how I should feel about that."

@ Everyone else: Captain Okeefe commences getting the ship warmed up.
The quarters, what there are of them seem quite nice actually. The Baudo class vessel would be downright luxurious if not for the captain's need to creatively make room for all manner of people, smuggled objects and spare parts, which seem to be everywhere. She spends a bit tidying up room enough for everyone as the engines warm up.

Graybacca
2011-01-19, 12:11 AM
@The ensign: Thank you ensign, then I'll take one set of the stormtrooper armor, and i'll see what i can do to modify it to my need for now, also if you have any Blue & Gray armor dye I'll take that as well. once they have the armor Tal will head to the Banshee.

On the way to the Banshee, Tal says to SIG Tell me more about the re-programming you received that would like to subvert me to it's cause. i just might be interested. Also once we board the Banshee I'd like you to accompany me to my cabin so i can inspect your armory inventory and chose one or two to use this misssion..

Mando Knight
2011-01-21, 04:54 PM
Lyn looks around the ship before settling in on a couch. "All told, this is a lot nicer of a ship than I've been on lately. It's a pleasure to be on your ship, Captain Okeefe."

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-01-26, 01:11 AM
Tal and SIG finally arrive at the ship, just a minute or two after the warm up is complete. The Banshee takes off, jumping to hyperspace a minute or two after then making a series of roundabout jumps to your final destination over the course of a little over a day.

Everyone has enough time to get settled and discuss anything else that needed addressing, like the still shaky cover story..:smallwink: The ships captain seems infatuated with the idea of Making Elias a mad doctor.

@Tal: SIG has masterwork versions of several varieties of blaster pistol, rifle and carbine, and seems slightly off put by your ready acceptance of his offer to subvert you. "I do not know the ramifications or import but the code phrases "Cin Vhetin, Vod Ka, Oya Manda" seem to be the operative phrases neccessary to activate that portion of the program. Are you sure you want to activate this portion of my programming? It may be wise to put this off till later, perhaps after discussing the possible ramifications with the others involved with our current mission.

Moofaa
2011-01-28, 04:43 PM
Siren uses her spare time alone secretly mimicking the movements and speech patterns of her companions and Captain Okeefe. Practice makes perfect after all.

Outside of that she socializes with the crew and works with Okeefe and the others to discover what her role should be.

Graybacca
2011-01-28, 07:04 PM
Tal notes the code and commits the code to memory, Tal say to SIG, I'm not going to activate the program at the moment but maybe some time soon do you have any idea as to what the program would entails, also as to the what the code means, the first half means, fresh start little brother, and the last part is an Expression of Mandalorian solidarity.

Tal selects a heavy baster pistol and 1 rifle of Mandalorian manufacturer. once he has his new weapons put away in his holsters. Tal joins the other to continue the discussion as to the course of action once Tal hears Captain O'Keeffe idea he also endorse that plan. and if he gets a chance he will mention the Mandalorian subversion program installed in SIG.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-02-04, 11:44 PM
OOC: Any more preplanning before you hit the planet or are we planning on "winging" it?:smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2011-02-05, 12:51 AM
OOC: Any more preplanning before you hit the planet or are we planning on "winging" it?:smallbiggrin:
It always seems to work for Harrison Ford...

Lyn spends most of the jump in her quarters. Anyone checking in on her would find that she seems to be thinking, possibly lost in those thoughts.

Moofaa
2011-02-08, 07:12 PM
I'm fine with moving on.

Graybacca
2011-02-10, 06:55 PM
I'm fine with moving on

Liliedhe
2011-02-11, 02:41 AM
So am I. Let's wing it. ^^

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-02-12, 07:21 PM
After a short hyperspace trip, and several minijumps to baffle anyone trying to figure out what system you were coming from you come out of hyperspace at your destination and land at a dilapitated space port on Cato Neimoidia.

The air of the planet rushes in as the boarding ramp lowers. It is definately not an improvement on the recirculated but crisp air of the Banshee, smelling of urban waste chemicals and just slightly of something burnt.

Heading out almost as soon as you touch down, Captain Okeefe goes to talk to the docking bay personel, as she saunters down the boarding ramp she tells all of you "Your best bet is probably to find out what you can at a local cantina, maybe something a bit shady, oh and try to look tough, this place seems pretty sketchy."

OOC: You are free to roam about the spaceport/planet. Who is going where with whom and what are you taking along? There are some dataterminals if you need directions etc..

Moofaa
2011-02-15, 03:55 PM
Siren spends some time outside the ship watching the spaceport activity as the crew attends to their duties. She pays special attention to the clothing and mannerisms of the locals before heading back to her quarters.

Pondering to herself Siren considers how she might best fit in with the group worried she might not fit in.

Better stick with what I know.

Siren begins going through her wardrobe looking for something to wear that would blend in with the Neimoidian populace.

Whats the planet like as far as terrain/weather/etc?

Mando Knight
2011-02-15, 04:13 PM
Whats the planet like as far as terrain/weather/etc?
Terran (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cato_Neimoidia), with bridge-cities Also war-ravaged, as Kenobi & Skywalker smashed it up during the Clone Wars. It's the planet Plo Koon was shot down on.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-02-19, 07:23 PM
@Everyone: The weather is a bit on the tropical side, humid and almost uncomfortably warm. The city, at least what you can see of it outside the small docking bay looks to be the bad part of town. The city has all the signs of once being a great metropolis, but it has fallen into disrepair and looks almost lawless, graffiti and trash is in evidence all over the street and the people look like haunted survivors and urban predators. The Population includes enough species in evidence that you won't stick out too much at least.

OOC: Pay no attention to the part of the Terran link, the wiki entry that mentions who has gone to the planet.. it includes the module.. sorta a spoiler.

Mando Knight
2011-02-19, 08:24 PM
(...I keep forgetting to look to avoid spoilers... sorry...)

Lyn is glad she remembered to put a fresh power pack in her blaster before getting off the ship. At least Imperial patrols don't look likely here.

Hoping the others will follow closely enough to give her any support she will probably need, Lyn heads off to find a cantina.

Moofaa
2011-02-21, 05:22 PM
Siren rifles through her clothing in gear in her room, settling on a leather vest over a tank top and matching but worn pants and boots. She tussles her hair a bit, letting it fall wildly about her shoulders instead of being neatly combed. Finally she scrubs away any traces of makeup from her face.

For armament she eschews the her carbine rifle in favor of her blaster pistol, which she holsters so its boldly displayed on her hip. A rifle would just get in the way if she needed to draw it inside a crowded cantina.

Siren steps back and studies herself in the mirror. She paints on her best "grizzled veteran" look (courtesty of studying Tal during the trip), steeling her eyes and jaw. Good, now hopefully nobody would mistake her for a pampered starlette.

Looking and feeling very different, Siren then proceeds through the ship to the exit ramp, mimicking the stride of Captain O'keefe. Seeing some crew members back away from her warily she tones down the act a bit.

"The idea is to look tough enough to avoid trouble, not to start any" she reminds herself.

Siren moves to saunter after Lyn, presuming she has a plan of action.

Graybacca
2011-02-26, 09:05 PM
Tal descends the ramp in his padded flight suit at his hip is his newest blaster pistol of Mandalorian manufacturer and hanging from his the shoulder is a baster rifle of the same manufacturer. As he descend the ramp he glances around and thinks to him self I've seen worse. if Sig is still with him he say, SIG stay close in case we have trouble.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-02-27, 08:44 PM
SIG responds with a simple "Affirmative"

Once on the street the sparse population takes note of your presence, but if anything you note that the locals keep their distance, indeed they seem to be trying to get off the street entirely when you reach the end of the block.

For those keeping alert (DC 15 perception check) You note that the locals are less avoiding you than seeking shelter upon hearing some off key repulsor lifts aproaching.

Graybacca
2011-02-28, 01:28 AM
Perception [roll0]

Seeing the locals reactions to them, Tal quickly takes a look around them making sure there not being ambushed. Tal hearing the off key repulsorlifts approaching, and the locals reaction" Tal Says, Everyone quickly get to the side of the road do as the locals are doing.

Moofaa
2011-02-28, 06:13 PM
Perception [roll0]

Siren follows Tal's command as she too, hears the aproaching vehicles. She stays near her companions.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-02-28, 06:33 PM
The repulsor lifts draw ominously closer, SIG registers Tal's order and offers any who wish it aid in hiding or at least himself as mobile cover. (anybody using the Droid for cover will get a +4 to their Stealth roll)

Mando Knight
2011-02-28, 07:08 PM
Lyn, catching the "do as the locals do" part of the command, uses her good old Twi'lek deception skills to blend in.
[roll0]

(And if that won't help at all, I'll roll [roll1], though the modifier's way worse.)

Graybacca
2011-02-28, 08:39 PM
Tal stays close to SIG and use the Sig for cover.

Stealth [roll0]

Moofaa
2011-03-03, 09:03 PM
Siren also attempt to blend into the crowd, using SIG as cover.

[roll0]

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-03-09, 03:30 AM
Everyone lunges for cover, as the speeder bikes, (awefully loud speeder bikes at that ) approach, you all start to hear loud calls and rough laughter, along with the distinctive sound of breaking objects.

The swoop gang rounds the corner and Lyn looks around as she suddenly discovers the locals abandoning even the attempt at subtlety as they run in buildings.. and lock doors behind them, leaving her somewhat exposed.

Fortunately the group of you manages to collectively drag her back into the alley way you were using for cover.

A curious swoop ganger obviously seeing the flash of the disappearing Twilek passes then comes back around to investigate what he obviously thinks might be an easy mark. Several of his fellows sensing his interest fall behind him as he throttles down and swoops back over to the alley's entrance...

Only to find the Alley empty. Taking some abuse and more than polite name calling from their fellows the swoop gangers continue on their way along with the rest of the still arriving pack, traveling roughly towards the dock you came from in a loud, loose formation...

Everyone starts breathing again as the Labor droid descends back to the ground from his precarious perch on the side of the building some 15 meters off the ground from where he scurried, carrying everyone over the vision of the curious swoop gangers, who typical of their breed of thug.. didn't look up.

"Stealth Evasion Accomplished, proceeding with Info gathering mission."

The Cantina around the corner and down a side street offers a refuge, there are even still two Rodians still standing around outside, apparently taking in the less than fresh air while taking long drags from their cheap deathsticks.

Moofaa
2011-03-14, 02:34 PM
Siren adjusts her vest and double-checks the blaster at her hip.

"Well, this is off to an exciting start. We should probably get moving before they come back."

She bounces on her feet a bit, still excited from the rush of adrenaline.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-03-25, 10:55 PM
As the group prepares to enter the cantina...

Back at the ship a distant hoarse whine, like a large number of out of tune speeder bikes approaching can be heard.

Irian has a sudden "bad feeling about this" as he looks up to see Elias and Captain Okeefe flirting.

Liliedhe
2011-03-26, 03:28 AM
He swallows a curse, and tries to make sense of this feeling...

[roll0]
Trying to Sense the Force.

Moofaa
2011-03-30, 03:35 PM
Siren heads into the cantina, not waiting for any of the others. She steps to the side upon entering to take in the scene before her. She looks to try and determine the locals from the spacers, or for anything else that might be out of place.

Perception: [roll0]

Mando Knight
2011-03-30, 04:35 PM
Lyn proceeds into the cantina with a confident, even stride. No sense in letting the local lowlifes to assume you're weak, after all.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-04-04, 06:02 PM
@Irian: The feeling is one of impending danger, the incoming gang of thugs on speeder bikes would seem to be the source, though there is something else, something less immeadiate that you have only the barest feelings of, perhaps someone dangerous on the planet.. to you specifically in a personal sense...

@Everyone entering the Cantina:

The Cantina is surprisingly busy. Low lifes, thugs and street predators seem out in full force. Some of the looks those of the female persuasion recieve leave them with a sudden urge to take a shower to get some of the sleaze off. The threatening looks everyone recieves makes it clear that this is a dangerous place.

Seeing an open small semi private booth near the entrance of the place seems a stroke of luck. However there seems a further complication in that not many of the varied species seem to be speaking basic.

Those of interest around the bar are...

A heavily armored Bounty hunter or mercenary of indeterminate species wearing a full helmet and space suit even in a bar. His seating by the far end of the bar seems to indicate some manner of fear or respect from the locals.

A Huge shaggy humanoid, at almost 3.5 meters tall, again having a bit of room left to him out of the locals survival instincts. He is at a table..

A particulary well connected Rodian, surrounded by groupies and thugs who seems to be having a good time.

A Male Twi-lek having a death stick in the corner booth, everyone seems to be leaving him alone in a bit of a quiet spot.

A pair of gregarious Zeltrons (one of either gender) who seem to be supplying locals with what may be illeagal goods or imbibed chemicals. Handing off small packages for money while smiling a little too much.

A Neimodian in a serious buisiness suit, looking out of place. Though again none of the local gangs in attendance seem to be bothering him strangely enough.

What do you do?

Liliedhe
2011-04-05, 01:09 AM
"Captain!" Irian starts forward, and only remembers too late that he shouldn't be so impulsive. A bit more subdued he takes the last few steps towards her and the doctor. "Trouble, I think. Listen."

That there is a personal danger for him, too, well, he'll deal with that when the time comes... And stay wary.

Moofaa
2011-04-05, 07:58 PM
"Lets grab that open spot before someone else does." Siren says to Lyn. She then proceeds to make her way over there.

Mando Knight
2011-04-06, 08:22 PM
Lyn nods and follows. Then she orders a drink... something light on the mood-altering chemicals and with a sweet, slightly tart flavor.

Stop me if you've heard this one before: two pretty ladies enter a wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Moofaa
2011-04-11, 02:48 PM
"So, how do you want to play this? I'm sure you've noticed the standouts by now."

Siren looks around the room again.

"We could try luring one or more of them over here by sending them a drink."

Mando Knight
2011-04-11, 03:23 PM
"Wait and see, first. We kinda stand out like... well, me in a crowd of humans."

(In case she can pick out anything, Lyn knows not only Basic and the Twi'lek language of Ryl, but also Huttese, High Galactic, Bocce, Shyriiwook, and Binary.)

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-04-26, 05:43 PM
OOC: keep waiting to see if others are going to come back and waiting.. I hate to lose so many players.. gotta love PBP I guess. Though I must admit part of it IS my fault, with having been busy of late. I'll keep things going.. slowly as always.. but I will understand if you guys wanna call it a wrap. I'm just a bit tired of recruiting, introducing characters followed by another round of recruiting. So we're going with what we have for now. Everyone please try to post at least once a week and I'll do the same. :smallredface:

@Irian: The Roar of approaching speeders and your timely warning allow captain Okeefe and Elias to duck for cover into the ship as the first sporadic poorly aimed blaster bolts patter into the ship and it's surroundings. Ducking reflexively behind a convienient pile of empty supply crates you hear the ship's entrance locking behind them as five hoodlums on swoops hoot hollar and generally carry on in infantile fashion, racing around the landing bay. Firing blasters indescriminantly into the ship.

You don't think they've seen you.. yet. The larger mass of swoop gangers outside seems to lose interest and you hear them leaving. The 5 who actually entered seem bent on more destruction and seeing what they can loot from the landing bay.

@Lyn an Siren: The bar remains lively, you note the most noise coming from the Zeltrons and the Rodian and his apparent hangers on. You recognize a little of the local dialect, along with an unhelpful smattering of unknown languages. Lyn does pick out the Rodian say something derogatory in Huttese, apparently aimed at the silent bounty hunter in the corner.

Liliedhe
2011-04-27, 01:30 AM
Irian looks at the Captain, what her orders are. He tries to keep an eye on the gangers, whether they are actually attempting to destroy anything important - like their ship...

Mando Knight
2011-04-27, 07:31 PM
Lyn mentally singles out the Rodian for a bit later investigation, then gestures toward the Neimoidian in the business suit. "Let's go check him out first... looks a bit more out of place than we are, don't you think?"

Taking her drink, she walks over and slinks into a stool near the Neimoidian. "So, what's a guy like you doing in a place like this?"

Moofaa
2011-04-27, 09:20 PM
Following Lyn's cue Siren slides up onto the opposite side of the Rodian.

She settles for laughing a bit and sipping her drink.

"Not really sure how interested a Nemoidian would be in a human" she thinks to herself.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-05-03, 06:11 PM
@Irian: It looks like the thugs are out to impress and terrify more than trying to actually damage the ship. However they are being somewhat thourough in their search of anything they might find amusing to steal, break or in your case torment and probably inflict greivous bodily injury.

Hiding in one spot is looking like less and less of an option, you could try to fight, hide, or possibly come up with something interesting.

@Lyn and Siren: Siren slips into the Neimodian's booth
He seems rather shocked and nervous to be so suddenly approached, You note he looks to the back of the bar before flinching away and saying. "I have no idea who you are, but I obviously can't afford you. If this keeps up I may never be able to afford anything again.:smallfrown: I'm just a down on his luck buisiness being, I don't want any trouble."

The bounty hunter/mercenary at the end of the bar briefly takes an interest in your both entering the booth, but for a change your good looks work in your favor and not seeing you as a threat, the tough guy seems content to watch from afar and doesn't interfere.

Lyn notices the bounty hunter's apparent interest, but her vision is cut off by a crimson skinned attractive male Zeltron suddenly leaning in too close. "You wanna party girly, you shoulda come to see me and my "sister" you know we have the best stuff around:smallwink:" give me a perception or deception check to see if you notice something before you react too much.

Liliedhe
2011-05-04, 01:18 AM
Can you give me the situation a bit more precisely? Am I aboard the ship or hidden in the hangar?

Mando Knight
2011-05-04, 12:22 PM
Not entirely sure how a Deception check would help, but...
[roll0]
And if that's not enough to pass (or if it's a natural 6 or lower if you're not going to tell me the result), reroll...
[roll1]
Lyn puts on an innocent face. "Sorry, pal, but I just wanted to ask for some directions."

Liliedhe
2011-05-06, 01:18 AM
That's not good... Irian looks around for a better hiding place. He probably could take those gangers, but not without using his powers, something that would be utterly inadvisible on this planet.

[roll0]

Moofaa
2011-05-06, 05:58 PM
Deception [roll0]

Leaning to whisper in the Neimodian's ear. "Sounds like your in trouble, something of a specialty of ours. Perhaps we can be of mutual benefit to each other."

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-05-07, 10:16 AM
@Irian: You look desperately around as the thugs go about wrecking things just meters away. Despairing that there is no way out, your gaze then fixes on an open air duct at the edge of the bay, some 14 feet off the ground. It's jagged disused appearance does little to inspire feelings of safety, but the swoopers would certainly not look for someone in there. Your only other real option is to try to quickly and quietly get into one of the empty crates or garbage bins that the hoodlums are even now using for crude target practice. You will likely have to do a force assisted jump to make the duct, otherwise a stealth check to get into a none too safe crates, or initiative if you have run out of options.

@Lyn: The Zeltron seems to have more on his mind than buisiness or flirting. His meaningful wide eyed fearful glance does not fit with his voice or obvious flirtatious body language. He seems to be trying to get you to come back to his booth, as though to make another "sale" of some sort of illicit drug as a cover, in reality he seems to be trying to get you away from the Rodian and his cronies at the bar, who have definately taken an interest, but don't seem to be interested in interupting their felow criminal. As you look around you note the female Zeltron looking concerned.. and loosening a hold out blaster with a really long barrel under her table. She then turns to smile vapidly at a passing customer and make a sales pitch like nothing was going on.

@Siren: "Oh I'm no good at all this cloak and blaster dealings..." He seems to break a bit and continues in an almost histerical voice. "I hired a guard who seems to ignore me, I have an underworld assassin after what's left of my father's buisiness interests, the local Hutt wants to make a deal, and I can't even tell who's side your on.. I just want enough money to live on, I just don't want to be killed like my father was.."

Liliedhe
2011-05-09, 10:51 AM
Irian decides to just make for that air duct - he makes use of cover as far as possible, then jumps up...

[roll0]
Not sure what you mean about Force Assisted - I don't have Force Jump as a power.

Mando Knight
2011-05-09, 04:22 PM
Lyn examines the situation, then turns back to the Zeltron and starts to stand. "...but, I guess you're as good a being as any to ask directions from."

Graybacca
2011-05-15, 10:20 PM
Tal Stay out side the cantina with SIG, Tal say, let me take a look at you i want to see if i can fix and isolate that new programming.

[roll0]

((Sorry I've been gone but with no movement at the time and demands of school at the time, this just got put on a back burner it's good to see that this has not died))

Moofaa
2011-05-16, 02:59 PM
"Sounds like a good time to me. Why don't you explain your trouble in more detail over another drink?"

Siren looks around to order more liqour. They may not be able to help this guy, if he's even worth it, but at least she could pump him for some information.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-05-16, 07:51 PM
@Tal: SIG is more than happy to aid you in overwatch for those inside, however he doesn't seem keen on letting you open him up while on mission, verbally accessing his programming seems the only way to go without leaving yourselves and those you are with vulnerable.

In answer to your basic questions, SIG insists he can ignore the new programming in it's entirety if he should choose to, as allowed by his ISB programming, which he can also over ride with his safety and health protocol, which is itself over-ridden by both the new programming and the ISB assassination protocols.. should they be engaged. (Which leaves you wondering if basically all his protocols are selectively bypassable, meaning he might not have any programming AT ALL that he can't ignore...:smallconfused::smalleek:)

@Irian: You make the leap.. barely, scrabbling for the last few feet to get your whole self into the shaft. You are afraid you might have made a bit too much noise in the process though and you hurry crawling up the shaft a few meters.

Which is a good thing as you hear a yell and a spray of blaster bolts starts adding "ventilation" to your location as of several moments ago. Trusting your feelings (and they are mostly saying PANIC) you throw yourself down the duct, passing out of the hanger bay entirely and discovering a blockage as the ductwork comes to a T intersection. A defunct air fan seems to have gotten stuck on a collection of junk. Mesh and something oddly squishy and burnt smelling.

Outside the goons finish firing and seem to be having a discussion, either creeped out by their grizly work thinking you dead, or worried by the sounds of the Banshee as it continues to charge up it's systems, they seem to finally have enough fun and you hear their swoops leaving. A few moments later you hear Elias yelling from the ship to see if you are OK?

@Siren: The pathetic Neimodian continues spilling his guts with little prevocation, making you wonder how many drinks he had even before you got here.
"The Hutt, he says he can make everything alright.. signing over controlling interests in the company.. pharmalogicals interest Hutts apparently. Though he probably wants it for the shipping agreements we have.. But this Thug, probably the bastard that killed my father, he tells me he wants the interests himself, That I can't give it to the hutt or I'm dead, Doesn't he work for the Hutt? Why is the Gallaxy crazy?"

@Lyn: "Oh Honey I'm very good with directions, I might be able to suggest a few you wouldn't even think were POSS-IBLE!:smallwink:" The Zeltron flirts, ushering you to the table. As you get to the table, leaning over he whispers with no hint of his former outrageous accent. "That Rodian is the just promoted slaver captain for the local Hutt, someone with your looks should definately try to appear "off limits".
"SO HOW much are you here to pick up for your master DARLIN?!"The female Zeltron makes a show of digging around and moving several piles of unidentifiable chemicals toward you. She then mutters, eyes settled accross the room from you. "You want us to just kill you now, might be less dangerous then you getting out of here..."

Mando Knight
2011-05-16, 08:50 PM
Lyn speaks as discreetly as possible, given the new information. "Thanks for the tip. Actually, it's old slug-face that I'm looking for."

She shuffles around the "merchandise" while talking, trying to keep up appearances.

Liliedhe
2011-05-17, 01:30 AM
Curiosity is not a sin, though it killed more than one small furry animal... Irian can't help himself and pull out his Glow Rod and check out what exactly is blocking the vent there. Then he turns back and out of the shaft, to insure Elias that yes, he is ok.

Moofaa
2011-05-17, 02:46 PM
Siren considers the options before her.

What the Rodian is saying is probably true, and she was willing to bet this threatening thug is probably on the Hutt's payroll. Killing or driving off the hired assassin therefore would probably just anger the criminal lord, and in a place like this there was likely no shortage of replacement hitmen.

If the Rodian goes through with the deal, theres not much of a chance the Hutt would bother making good on his part of the bargain and calling off his men either.

Siren begins to consider a third option, one that would make for a rather dangerous situation.

If the Rodian were to sign over his controlling interest to her group, it would change the Hutt's focus away from the Rodian. They would have to establish that they aren't an easy target for the Hutt's intimidation tactics of course, which would probably involve some measure of violence.

Afterwards, the Hutt may be more open for negotiating and they could trade information for the shipping company. Who knows, if they play their cards right they could help the rodian, get the information, AND aquire a shipping company that could prove useful for the resistance.

This was too big a decision for her to make for the group alone, however, and she suddenly wished she wasn't dealing with the Rodian by herself, Tal and Sig were outside, Lyn was talking to someone else, and the others were back at the ship.

"I've got some ideas that could lead to us getting what we want and you keeping your head attached to your shoulders but I'll have to talk it over with my compatriots. I don't suppose you have some sort of specific deadline to work with?"

Graybacca
2011-05-17, 10:28 PM
Tal shakes his head after finishing the verbal programming check, Tal had to emit that some of what he learned was of concern but for now of no importance, Tal takes a quick look around and then decides that he should check on the others that entered the Cantina, Not sure SIG would be welcomed inside the Cantina but unwilling to leave SIG out side, Tal Says, follow me SIG i want to check on the others inside.

Perception outside Cantina [roll0]
Perception inside Cantina [roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-05-21, 05:22 PM
@Irian: Elias yells back. "You stuck up there, give us a minute we'll see what we can do.." as you look through the collection of small dead animals, burnt looking wiring and metal bits that may have once been a hydro-condenser.

Just as you have just about convinced yourself that there's nothing more sinister at work here than someone using too much pest control and having a very strange idea of where the garbage chute is.. you see what looks like a space suit's glove amidst the wreckage. Digging a little further to make sure that it isn't just a glove reveals that the space suit connected to the glove is still occupied, and that it looks like having a hydro-condenser dropped on you can apparently be both quite lethal and messy.

The corpse has a broken datapad and several pouches and pockets that seem to be bulging with tools and an extra e-clip for a blaster pistol.

@Tal: You take careful note of everyone inside and outside the cantina. SIG no sooner agrees to aid you when he slips from your field of vision and you suddenly don't see the large droid anywhere...

The new girls seem to have disappeared into booths, though another glance shows you their locations. You notice several of the thugs and toughs inside note your entrance with appraising glances. The cantina is otherwise as described earlier.

@Siren and Lyn: You note Tal finally making an entrance to the cantina. He is particularly notable as something of a silence falls over the room for a brief moment before conversations continue.

@Siren: The nervous Neimodian just nods offhandedly. "Somebody random offering to help, probably another ploy to get me dead but hey I'm already as good as.. so what do I have to lose... besides a lot of money heheh ugh.:smallfrown:"

@Lyn: The Male Zeltron continues to flirt with you in loud and obvious fashion. You'd be a little embarassed if not for the distraction of the female Zeltron slipping you a note as she continues the facade of discussing pleasure spices and their effects, the note reads..

"If you are looking for the Hutt, he keeps his location very secret, only some of his top level lackeys know his current location. So who do you work for?"

Mando Knight
2011-05-21, 10:49 PM
Lyn reads the note, then mentally reaches out to try to read the room.
Use the Force check to Search Your Feelings. Trying to see if the Zeltrons would react positively towards revealing that the group is working for Organa.

[roll0] vs DC 15

Liliedhe
2011-05-22, 09:23 AM
"I'm not stuck. I found something, I'll be out in a minute."

Irian takes the corpse's things and tries to identify at least the species of hte person, before crawling out of the duct again. He shows them to Elias. "This is not a friendly place."

Graybacca
2011-05-22, 02:15 PM
Tal has to admit the SIG had some very impressive stealth routines, once he notes the girls positions Tal heads for the bar to apposition that's puts himself half way between the to the girls so if there's any trouble he could easily render aid to either or both if need, once at the bar Tal say to the Barkeep, Could i get a Black Ale on the rocks with a Corellian twist

Moofaa
2011-05-23, 07:39 PM
Siren wonders how much longer Lyn's conversation with the Zeltron is going to take. Seeing Tal entering the room brings her some relief.

"Another one of my friends is here now. I'm going to have a word with him, If everythings good I'll signal you to follow us out when we leave."
Assuming the Rodian agrees...

... a bit more loudly "No thanks, I'm really not into that, I've got my limits."
Siren gets up from the table, and meanders her way towards Tal, trying NOT to look like she's going straight for him.

Putting an hand on Tals shoulder and leaning in.. "Heya handsome, order a drink for a girl would you?"

Once any listeners appear satsified Siren will relate her conversation with the Rodian and the plan she was forming.

Graybacca
2011-05-24, 11:08 AM
Tal smiles broadly at Siren, and answer in the same way she approached him, certainly beautiful!, Tal signal the Barkeep and say, One Corellian sweet ale for my beautiful companion.

Tal look around to make some there not being observed before finding out whats going on.
Perception [roll0]

Moofaa
2011-05-30, 08:47 PM
"So, the rodian I've been talking to seems to be in a bind. He owns controlling interest in a local shipping company, and the local Hutt seems to want it. He's being threatened by a thug supposedly hired by someone he owes money to and the Hutt conveniently says he can make it all go away."
Siren pauses for a drink.

"Anyway, I was thinking we could get him to sign his stakes over to us, and maybe we could trade it for the information we need."

Graybacca
2011-05-30, 09:54 PM
Tal sips his drinks as he listens to Siren, trying to keep up appearance's Tal puts his arm over Siren's shoulder as he leans into answer, Tal says, that's not a bad plan and it would make the Hutt come to us, do you think we could convince the rodian to sign over his stakes over to us.

Mando Knight
2011-05-30, 11:03 PM
Once again, it's the Neimoidian. The Rodian is the thug.

Moofaa
2011-05-31, 03:38 PM
(Whatever, they all look the same!)

"It shouldn't be too hard, he's scared out of his mind."

Graybacca
2011-05-31, 07:55 PM
OK then give it a try or do you want me to come with you.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-06-04, 11:40 AM
@Tal, Siren and Lyn: The cantina seems to be buzzing in a variety of languages again, the ambient noise returned to normal as the patrons return to their drinking and other nefarious activities. The Zeltrons are now more than moderately watching the three of you as is the armored mercenary in the corner. The Rodian is giving you but a passing glance and the Neimodian is again hiding in his booth.

The normal flow of conversations is inturupted again by the entrance of a group of four colorful swoop gangers of near human disposition. Heavy blaster pistols at their hips, they look to be in the mood for trouble. Individuals and groups seem to form up defensively, quietly muttering to each other. They saunter their way into the cantina and seem to be searching for someone.

@Irian: You see a line thrown up into the newly ventilated exposed portion of the ductwork. Having finished the grizzly work of searching the corpse, you note the climbers clip at the end of the line...

Liliedhe
2011-06-05, 01:16 PM
"Give me another minute."

He climbs over the body, and then tries to go up the rope...

Moofaa
2011-06-06, 04:37 PM
"Something tells me things are about to get a lot more interesting."

Siren heads towards the Neimodians table.

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-06-18, 01:03 PM
@Irian: You pull on the rope and are not exactly encouraged by the give. Trusting your own legs and back more you scoot up the shaft a ways. You can dimmly see the top of the shaft, a horizontal exit hatch that appears closed. It would be a bit of a climb but you think you could make it up there with a bit of effort. (roll a climb check) Incidentally you doubt anyone larger than you could make it past the obstruction. In fact if you had a large meal you doubt you would make it again.:smallwink:

@Everyone in the Cantina: The Swoop thugs (the ones who just came in) pull weapons and something is said in Huttese Everyone out of our way! We're just here for that putz and the apparent leader gestures to the booth with the now cringing out of sight Neimodian.

The bounty hunter at the end of the bar pulls a blaster rifle like it was a quickdraw pistol and fires a shot that narrowly misses the group. With a leap the Rodian also pulls a pistol, though he also follows that leap immeadiatly with a dive and rolls for cover in acrobatic fashion, leaving his groupies in an unprepared mess. The Zeltrons duck further into their booth along with most of the patrons.

That would be initiative.:smallbiggrin:

Graybacca
2011-06-19, 12:27 AM
Tal Quickly asses the the situation and Say, Frack!! almost as fast as the eye can see Tal draws and fires his heavy blaster pistol at the The apparent leader of Swoop gang thugs.

Initiative [roll0]
heavy blaster pistol [roll1] ([roll2])

((Tal uses Lightning Draw [SAV p.23] witch allows you to draw and fire as a standard action once per encounter))

Liliedhe
2011-06-20, 12:25 PM
[roll0]

Irian tries to manoeuver his slight body up the crawlspace...

Mando Knight
2011-06-20, 01:16 PM
Lyn cautiously draws her blaster pistol, mostly acting cautiously, trying to not make herself a primary target in the ensuing firefight.
[roll0]
Fighting defensively this round.

Moofaa
2011-06-20, 03:27 PM
Siren pauses as the thugs shout out and all hell breaks loose. The sound of blaster fire reminding her that this was no scene in a movie, and these guns were real.

Snapping into action, she draws her blaster pistol and points it at the leader, forcing herself to not look away as she pulls the trigger.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack:[roll1]

DMfromTheAbyss
2011-06-23, 01:35 PM
@Irian: You manage to get to the top. Investigating the top of the ventilation shaft you see it opens up into a much smaller concealed landing bay. You can see where most of the wreckage below is from, as it was apparently torn from next to the shaft leaving bent metal and scuff marks where once some sort hydro compressor was adjacent to the ventilation shaft.

Inside the hangar there is a menacing stooped looking vulture like transport shuttle of non imperial make. The readily visable Laser and ion canons explain it's concealed docking bay's neccessity. The nameplate reads "Ophidian 1"

There's no one around, and it looks like the bay is sealed, awaiting the return of the menacing ships owner no doubt. You get a definate sense that the owner is neither friendly nor forgiving, and likely killed the poor fellow in the shaft to hide something.

@Everyone in the bar-fight:
Initiative is
Mysterious bounty hunter: 18
Swooper thugs: 14
Tal: 12
Lyn:10
Siren:4

After the first few moments of surprise, and a lot of poorly aimed blaster fire, not a single hit for either side round 1the Thugs have their weapons out, and are between the bounty hunter body guard of the Neimodian and the party. A good percentage of the clientele also has blasters at the ready, but haven't chosen a side as they watch, ready to loot any nearby fallen apparently.

As the fight settles in the Bounty hunter starts walking fearlessly towards the swooper thugs. Calmly placing a pair of shots into one of the swoopers who goes down with a hole burned through his shoulder.

The smell of cooking human flesh actually manages to push back the miasma of illicit scents and funk the bar regularly possesses.

The Swoopers respond with several of them firing at the oncoming bounty hunter. A few shots seem to deflect off the Mercenaries heavy armor, and don't slow it down much.

One of them turns and fires at Tal, and manages a hit. 10 damage feel free to describe the effect yourself ;)

Next round