PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade: Obtain F. Vs. Leadership

Fastmover
2009-12-01, 01:19 PM
Hey guys,

I've read through the Duskblade Handbook a few times and was wondering why Obtain Familiar was mentioned as a great feat but not Leadership. Its really because I'm not too sure of the differences or pros and cons completely of both. Wouldn't Leadership have the same benefits as Obtain Familiar when used for the Duskblade, or any other class? What is the real differences?

Boci
2009-12-01, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

I've read through the Duskblade Handbook a few times and was wondering why Obtain Familiar was mentioned as a great feat but not Leadership. Its really because I'm not too sure of the differences or pros and cons completely of both. Wouldn't Leadership have the same benefits as Obtain Familiar when used for the Duskblade, or any other class? What is the real differences?

Most DM's do not allow leadership unless the party is under 4 in size. Also duskblade's don't have a high char.

Fastmover
2009-12-01, 01:31 PM
Ah. Makes sense.

So all in all they are pretty similar then?

Myrmex
2009-12-01, 01:34 PM
Ah. Makes sense.

So all in all they are pretty similar then?

No; it's that most Handbooks assume a certain level of cheese in play, and Leadership is considered too cheesy for the aim of many handbooks. CharOp tends to leave Leadership out of most builds, save for TO.

Ormagoden
2009-12-01, 01:36 PM
Because a familiar can deliver touch spells and because a duskblade has a large number of touch spells.

Blackfang108
2009-12-01, 01:42 PM
Because a familiar can deliver touch spells and because a duskblade has a large number of touch spells.

And also, a Duskblade has a high enough HD that the familiar holds a chance of actually surviving the delivery.