PDA

View Full Version : Question about Warforged

Fluffles
2009-12-01, 01:53 PM
Can they use polymorph to transform into other constructs?

Person_Man
2009-12-01, 02:05 PM
No. IIRC, they are humanoids with the Living Construct subtype.

The Glyphstone
2009-12-01, 02:07 PM
Actually, they're Constructs with the Living Construct subtype. So I think they can...

arguskos
2009-12-01, 02:07 PM
No. IIRC, they are humanoids with the Living Construct subtype.
Nope! They're Constructs with the (Living Construct) subtype. DAMN YOU NINJAS!!

deuxhero
2009-12-01, 02:11 PM
fairly sure that I have heard the suggestion of a warforged picking up everything he can, using a wand of alter self to turn into an animated object (like a backpack) and the stuff melds into him (becoming weightless), thus allowing a party member to carry lots of stuff.

mikeejimbo
2009-12-01, 02:13 PM
You're trying to build a Transformer, aren't you?

I approve.

Zeta Kai
2009-12-01, 02:14 PM
fairly sure that I have heard the suggestion of a warforged picking up everything he can, using a wand of alter self to turn into an animated object (like a backpack) and the stuff melds into him (becoming weightless), thus allowing a party member to carry lots of stuff.

That's... just... whoa. :smalleek:

Fluffles
2009-12-01, 02:14 PM
NOTE: I'm using the ones from MM3, don't have the ECS/RoE.

EDIT: No, I'm not building a transformer :smalltongue: It's just that I'm a Wizard /Swordsage // Warblade / Master Transmogrifist. And I'll be getting all EX special qualities, and spell immunity is awesome :smallcool:

The Glyphstone
2009-12-01, 02:19 PM
I don't think the ECS Warforged is any different than the MM3 Warforged, is it?

Also, pretty sure that build should be Wizard/More Wizard//Warblade/Master Transmogrifist. If you're Gestalting, there is no reason ever to lose caster levels, since you can keep them coming on the opposite side of the progression.

Fluffles
2009-12-01, 02:19 PM
I don't know, I don't have the ECS :smalltongue:

Person_Man
2009-12-01, 02:25 PM
Just pulled up MMIII and Races of Eberron, and I was wrong. They are in fact Constructs with the Living Construct subtype. So yes, you can use Alter Self to turn them into other Constructs. But Polymorph limits the types of creatures that you can turn into, and Constructs isn't on the list. So if you want to go above 5 HD, you'll need Polymorph any Object. I think. I hate the Polymorph rules. Also, I apologize for my previous wrongness.

Edit: OK, you can do it. Problem solved.

Fluffles
2009-12-01, 02:29 PM
Polymorph lets you poly into others of your type. Which is why I was asking.

That's why people make sylphs, so they can poly into outsiders.