PDA

View Full Version : [D20 Modern] Rules confusion

Vorpalbob
2009-12-01, 02:40 PM
I am currently making a lvl 8 (Strong hero 3/ Martial Artist 5) Character as a bodyguard for my BBEG. He is a Moderate Bear Moreau, and as such has claws that deal 1d6 points of damage. My question is, does the Living Weapon ability of the Martial Artist apply to the claws?

If it did, he would do 1d8+5 with his claws. Technically, his normal unarmed attack would deal the same damage, but having attacks that deal Slashing or Bludgeoning would make him a bit more versatile.

Starbuck_II
2009-12-01, 02:44 PM
What is text of living weapon?
Summarize what it says.

Vorpalbob
2009-12-01, 03:07 PM
The following is the exact text from the core rule rulebook

A Martial Artist is a highly trained unarmed fighter who recieves considerable advantages in unarmed combat. The Martial Artist attacks with either fist interchangably, or even with elbows, knees, and feet. This means that the Martial Artist may make unarmed strikes even when her hands are full, and there is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a Martial Artist striking unarmed. The Martial Artist also deals more damage with her unarmed strikes. At first level, she deals 1d6 points of damage with an unarmed strike. At 4th level, this increases to 1d8. At 8th level, it increases to 1d10.

Whaddaya think?

Starbuck_II
2009-12-01, 03:26 PM
It says unarmed combat... natural attacks are not unarmed. They are armed.

So no.

Vorpalbob
2009-12-01, 04:47 PM
oh. okay. good to know.

Dervag
2009-12-01, 04:58 PM
It is so confusing reading a conversation by two people with the same avatar...

Vorpalbob
2009-12-01, 07:51 PM
I know. I have GOT to get an original one..