PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Flight and Dive attacks

Ryuuk
2009-12-01, 08:58 PM
On page 68 of Races of the Wild, when it lists the Raptoran's racial benefits, the book states that a Raptoran can make a Dive attack, which works like a charge except that: you must move at least 30ft horizontally and descend 10ft vertically, you must use a piercing weapon and you deal double damage.

Now, since I read that, I figured that it worked like that for an creature with a fly speed, but I've just realized that I can't find te ruling for dives outside of Races of the Wild. Is this actually a unique Raptoran trait?

Edit: In retrospect, this probably should have gone into the Simple Q&A

Kylarra
2009-12-01, 09:08 PM
Negatory.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fly

A creature that flies can make dive attacks. A dive attack works just like a charge, but the diving creature must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. It can make only claw or talon attacks, but these deal double damage. A creature can use the run action while flying, provided it flies in a straight line.

Starbuck_II
2009-12-01, 09:15 PM
On page 68 of Races of the Wild, when it lists the Raptoran's racial benefits, the book states that a Raptoran can make a Dive attack, which works like a charge except that: you must move at least 30ft horizontally and descend 10ft vertically, you must use a piercing weapon and you deal double damage.

Now, since I read that, I figured that it worked like that for an creature with a fly speed, but I've just realized that I can't find te ruling for dives outside of Races of the Wild. Is this actually a unique Raptoran trait?

Edit: In retrospect, this probably should have gone into the Simple Q&A

Only uniquer feature is it can use a piercing weapon instead of a natural one.