PDA

View Full Version : Ever had someone do something weird to you on the bus or train?

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 09:13 PM
I've had my hair sniffed by some girl who then told me i smell like coconuts.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-12-01, 09:14 PM
This is. . . odd, to say the least.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-02, 08:09 AM
Once, I sniffed a guys hair on the bus, and told him it smelt like coconuts.

In reality, it was like almonds. I trolled him good.

Ilena
2009-12-02, 08:24 AM
Once, I sniffed a guys hair on the bus, and told him it smelt like coconuts.

In reality, it was like almonds. I trolled him good.

Lol weirdo :P I myself have never been on a bus. :P

loopy
2009-12-02, 08:48 AM

That happens to me rather frequently. Of course my hair *does* smell like coconuts, due to the hair stuff I use.

Haven
2009-12-02, 08:51 AM
A few months ago a Russian woman told me that I'm the doppelganger of an old friend of hers.

Starscream
2009-12-02, 10:03 AM
One time a young lady was reading the paper across from me. Without warning as we approached her stop she folded the paper into one of those Napoleon hats, handed it to me, and left.

Scorpina
2009-12-02, 10:38 AM
Not technically on topic, but a guy once told me he wanted me to marry his son, gave me a picture (I presume of said son) then got off the tube at the next stop. Odd.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-02, 10:42 AM
Not technically on topic, but a guy once told me he wanted me to marry his son, gave me a picture (I presume of said son) then got off the tube at the next stop. Odd.

Huh. Well, it'd be an interesting story about how you met, at least. >.>

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-02, 03:24 PM
I remember on a University bus I'd been staring blankly at some person holding a 5-foot inflatable alligator for almost the whole ride until I laughed. Not at the guy with the alligator. I was laughing at the college atmosphere, where a 5-foot alligator on a bus does not seem to be even the slightest bit out of the ordinary.

I also recall sitting on a plane, preparing for takeoff. The guy sitting next to me was some sort of businessman; middle-aged, balding, somewhat obese, and loved talking about himself. The young attractive flight attendant walked down the aisle glancing at each passenger. As she passed, he leaned over to me and whispered, "Did you see that? She was checking out my crotch!" I whispered back, "I think she was checking to see that your seatbelt was fastened." He shut up after that. :smalltongue:

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-02, 04:21 PM
ok this just happened.
some guy who looks EXACTLY like Morgan Freeman (the guy from the bruce almighty movie) was sitting next to me on the bus, only he seemed younger.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-12-02, 04:23 PM
Y'know, that would not have creeped me out at all? Yet if guys do like that to girls we're like dangerous potential pervs. Life isn't fair...

Btw, never been on a bus or train so can't contribute anything.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-02, 04:30 PM
Y'know, that would not have creeped me out at all? Yet if guys do like that to girls we're like dangerous potential pervs. Life isn't fair...

I probably would have minded less if my girkfriend wan't sitting next to me.
we had such a fight afta...

TheThan
2009-12-02, 04:31 PM

that's why you just mention that you smell coconuts or whatever tropical fruit they happen to rub in their hair and see what happens. chances are they'll just say its something they put in their hair.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-12-02, 04:32 PM
I probably would have minded less if my girkfriend wan't sitting next to me.
we had such a fight afta...
Ok, that is jussssst a little different then. I'd've looked over at my GF and gone, 'Up to you to defend my honor, darlin' :smallwink:

Lupy
2009-12-02, 08:26 PM
I had a guy take about half of my Fritos, play my game boy and read my comic books while I was sleeping on a bus. We got off at the same stop and went into the same hotel. He was all like "What room are you, man?" Then later at the hotel pool he threw a water-football at me and hit me in the side of the head. Then, when I went to Busche gardens he got on the bus and went too! And he kept trying to sit next to me on the rides!

He was my friend of course, but still, my Fritos? :smalltongue:

CasESenSITItiVE
2009-12-03, 03:11 PM
i have the habit of falling asleep on the buss sometimes. one time, on the way to my girlfriend's, i had fallen asleep, and some random guy shook me awake (single hand on the shoulder) as he was getting off.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-03, 08:26 PM
i have the habit of falling asleep on the buss sometimes. one time, on the way to my girlfriend's, i had fallen asleep, and some random guy shook me awake (single hand on the shoulder) as he was getting off.

what's weird about that?

Pinnacle
2009-12-03, 09:40 PM
On a bus once some woman asked me if I was Johnny Cash. Note that, not only do we look nothing alike, but he had died several years earlier at the age of 71. I was about 20.

On a train once I was in a car with a drunken old woman who spent the ride shouting to herself, drinking, and complaining that she wasn't allowed to smoke in the car and they made her wait for stops and get out. I don't know how she managed to keep finding nothing to shout about for so many hours or how she didn't lose her voice doing it. At maybe 1:30 am someone asked her nicely to stfu (not his exact words, obviously since he was nice) and she spent the next few hours ranting loudly about how rude people were to ask an old woman to be quiet. Nobody said anything else about it.

On a plane once I opened the luggage rack at the end of the flight and my shoe fell out of my bag (no idea how that happened...) and walloped a guy on top of the head. I started apologizing, but he waved me off dismissively while explaining to the person on the other end of his cell phone conversation "Sorry for yelling 'Ow!' at you, some guy just dropped a shoe on my head."

At an airport once (so not actually on the plane) I grabbed a quick dinner at a McDonald's and was reading a book. Some guy asked me if I minded if he sat at the table with me. I didn't really mind, especially since there were no empty tables so he had to pick a stranger to sit with. He kept trying to talk to me, but I'm not a fan of small talk and I was already reading a book when he got there, so... I wasn't trying to be rude, but I wasn't really paying much attention to him; I did respond to his questions and such. When he discovered I was only recently out of high school, he asked how old I was. "18." "Only 18!" he said, "sorry!" He kinda turned red, got up, and left at top speed.
It took me a minute to figure out what had happened. I really had absolutely no idea that he was trying to flirt with me prior to that. I thought he was just annoying.

thorgrim29
2009-12-03, 09:57 PM
Didn't happen to me, but I was chatting with the bus driver one morning (I was more then a bit hungover) and he told me that when people vomit in his bus he brakes and turns hard so they fall in it. Not sure if that counts....

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-03, 10:18 PM
one time when I was visiting family in Canada, some girl asked me if I was rastafarian, I asked her why she'd think that, and she said:
"well you're black and you have dreadlocks, aren't dreadlockes holy for rastafarians?"

Dancing_Zephyr
2009-12-04, 06:11 PM
I was once complemented on my pants. Thats pretty strange for me because I wear ordinary jeans, no specials cuts or anything.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-04, 08:00 PM
one time when I was visiting family in Canada, some girl asked me if I was rastafarian, I asked her why she'd think that, and she said:
"well you're black and you have dreadlocks, aren't dreadlockes holy for rastafarians?"
In her defence, I've yet to meet a black person with dreadlocks around these parts that isn't high 24/7. They also claim Canadian weed is better then Jamaican weed. However, out of the three people I'm thinking about, not one of them has ever been to Jamaica nor are they rastafarian, so it makes me doubt their statements.

Shraik
2009-12-04, 10:42 PM
A small kid fell asleep on me once. And once I leaped across the isle of the bus into the seat that was across from me.

Also someone brought a firecracker onto the bus. Someone who had a reputation for getting kicked off transit buses for being obnoxious and doing crap he shouldn't.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-04, 11:17 PM
In her defence, I've yet to meet a black person with dreadlocks around these parts that isn't high 24/7. They also claim Canadian weed is better then Jamaican weed. However, out of the three people I'm thinking about, not one of them has ever been to Jamaica nor are they rastafarian, so it makes me doubt their statements.

we've been given a weak media image...
black+ dreadlocks+rastafarian= crack smoking
I admit a lot of people DO actually smoke crack, but It's mainly the dropouts.

Dienekes
2009-12-04, 11:19 PM
Homeless guy came up and rubbed by belly, completely out of nowhere. Of course I backed away, unfortunately standing on a metro leaves you with very little room to do this. As I took my step back he shouted "NO!! I WANT TO SEE THE HALLOWEEN SHIRT!"

A moment earlier I had taken off my jacket cause I was getting hot and revealed that I was wearing a comic book variant Joker shirt.

Lupy
2009-12-05, 10:24 PM
Homeless guy came up and rubbed by belly, completely out of nowhere. Of course I backed away, unfortunately standing on a metro leaves you with very little room to do this. As I took my step back he shouted "NO!! I WANT TO SEE THE HALLOWEEN SHIRT!"

A moment earlier I had taken off my jacket cause I was getting hot and revealed that I was wearing a comic book variant Joker shirt.

I feel bad for people like that. :smallfrown:

Escef
2009-12-05, 10:41 PM
The closest I've ever come on this is being on one of the street cars in Germany shortly after getting into the country. I don't speak German, and Ii knew even less of the language then than I do now.. So, I'm sitting in the back, and this young couple comes in, sits down, and starts having a conversation. The only word I can pick out and understand gets said over and over. "Kartoffel". It means "potato". It was just weird hearing a conversation where the only word I understood was "potato". Even weirder that it got said at least a half dozen times.

Demonia
2009-12-07, 12:32 AM
i've got an afro right and i was on a bus with this guy sitting right behind who me started playing with it and twirling it, before getting off.
i also had these two school kids try and see how many pens and pecils they could stick in it before i notice i heared them, but played allong because for some reason both of these are common ocurrances! (not so much the latter)

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-07, 01:33 AM
i also had these two school kids try and see how many pens and pecils they could stick in it
Ooohh! Can I go next? :smallamused:

fireinthehole
2009-12-07, 02:48 AM
i had this guy put his hand on my leg and start rubbing it...i jumped a mile!!!! :smalleek:

Demonia
2009-12-07, 02:52 AM
Ooohh! Can I go next? :smallamused:

Maybe! :smallamused:

hey Fireinthehole... did you like it?

fireinthehole
2009-12-07, 02:54 AM
Maybe! :smallamused:

hey Fireinthehole... did you like it?

>>
<<
Yeah suuurrre :smallannoyed:
*said sarcastically*

Douglas
2009-12-07, 09:41 AM
i also had these two school kids try and see how many pens and pecils they could stick in it before i notice i heared them, but played allong because for some reason both of these are common ocurrances! (not so much the latter)
Heh, that could be an amusing way to get free pens and pencils. Just play along while they stuff your hair increasingly full of them, then get off the vehicle with the whole lot still there, still pretending not to notice. Then walk away and when you're out of sight count your loot.:smallbiggrin::smallamused:

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-07, 10:03 AM
i've got an afro right and i was on a bus with this guy sitting right behind who me started playing with it and twirling it, before getting off.

haha I used to do that when I had an afro, out of boredom

Supagoof
2009-12-07, 02:37 PM
I once watched someone turn to the apparent stranger next to them and begin to recite Macbeth.

The conversation started like this.

Do you like Shakespeare? I love Shakespeare!

Er um...

My favorite is the following sonnet from Macbeth. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts! unsex me here...

Continue for 5 minutes.

Now aside from that, the man quoting Shakespeare was Asian and clearly in his 30s. The kid next to him was in high school.

And this happened on a bus that served as a courier for people who canoe down the St. Croix river.

How do I know the two people had never met? Well the Asian man was in fact my friend Andrew who just happened to get the last open seat next to the high schooler and decided to just have some fun with him.

The Rose Dragon
2009-12-07, 02:42 PM
ok this just happened.
some guy who looks EXACTLY like Morgan Freeman (the guy from the bruce almighty movie) was sitting next to me on the bus, only he seemed younger.

It's a sad day when you have to explain who Morgan Freeman is to an online community.

It's a sadder day when you say he's the guy from the Bruce Almighty movie, rather than, say, the guy from The Shawshank Redemption.

Thajocoth
2009-12-07, 02:52 PM
I was on the subway when this very drunk hobo woman started trying to hit on me. By hit on, I mean tell me that I wanted to sleep with her, but in less board-safe wording. I had headphones on so I ignored her. Though, she did kick me at one point.

On another subway, some guy drew a picture of me and gave it to me.

Ikialev
2009-12-07, 02:58 PM
It's a sad day when you have to explain who Morgan Freeman is to an online community.
Isn' he Eli Vance from HL2?

Thanatos 51-50
2009-12-07, 03:04 PM
I'm a white guy living in Japan.
I often run into the following.
<Random Elderly Nihon-jin>
"Hello. I wish to practice my English on you in conversation."

Cue about three minuetes of awkward dialogue with me quickly trying to, say, end the conversation, because, really, their English is quite good already.
Apparantly, this happens to some friends I have who are actually English teachers, but THEY get to say "I'm off the clock and you're not paying me, so no."
/grumblegrumble
Stupid "You are an Ambassador" liberty policy.

Isn' he Eli Vance from HL2?

Morgan Freeman is God. Blasphemer.

Demonia
2009-12-07, 03:38 PM
Heh, that could be an amusing way to get free pens and pencils. Just play along while they stuff your hair increasingly full of them, then get off the vehicle with the whole lot still there, still pretending not to notice. Then walk away and when you're out of sight count your loot.:smallbiggrin::smallamused:

Hmmmm...intreaging :smallbiggrin::smallamused:

Ilena
2009-12-07, 03:42 PM

yes but ... ewww who knows where those have been!

imp_fireball
2009-12-08, 04:12 AM

Lucky bastard. :O

He must of thought you were pretty hawt. :smallwink:

The Rose Dragon
2009-12-08, 06:10 AM
He must of thought you were pretty hawt. :smallwink:

Have you seen her pictures? Honestly, it's pretty hard not to think that. :smalltongue:

Yarram
2009-12-08, 06:33 AM
As she passed, he leaned over to me and whispered, "Did you see that? She was checking out my crotch!"

I would say something like that, just for the lulz... Telling people to stop flirting with you is fun too.

reorith
2009-12-09, 01:49 AM
i was on the metro one day and i was attired in a black t-shirt and camouflage pants, minding my own business and waiting for my stop. three stations from my destination, a guy dressed in a similar manner with a similar build and similar complexion to to mine gets on and plunks down into a seat. like this guy could be me. so i consider how to best deal with this doppelganger, only i realized, he lacks a goatee... which means i'm him from an evil alternate dimension because i have a fun goatee i've been cultivating since 8th grade. so i yelled across the train "hey scrubber, i'm the evil version of you." and he replied "prove it scrubbag." so i exposed my buttocks to an elderly couple which caused him to laugh. he came over to my row and we chatted about this and that. he said his name was billy, so i lied and told him i was called thomas, like riker's twin because it was the perfect set up for that reference. it turned out we are both capricorns, and visited the same internet hive of scum and villainy. his parting words were "in a different reality, i could have called you friend." and he tried to hug me but i bobbed out of the way and ran for it because i don't like hugs. part of me kinda wishes i hadn't :smallfrown:

Lioness
2009-12-10, 07:39 AM
Today I had a drunk woman sit down next to me, and then fall asleep. She didn't move when I had to get off, and there was no room to slide out, so I sort of had to do an awkward hop over the barrier to the door.

Mr White
2009-12-10, 08:22 AM
Ah, public transport, the source of great entertainment. Be it drunks, flirtatious people, crazies or just people having a laugh.

I once dosed of in a train and when I woke up someone else was sleeping on my belly.

I also hadsome schoolgirls follow behind me very closly, giggling. I just had to stop very suddenly.