PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Left 4 Dead Stories

X2
2009-12-01, 09:20 PM
Truly there is no game that can instill as many lols and T_Ts as Left 4 Dead (and its sequel). So I'm sure all of us who have logged in for some co-op have had at least one story to share.

Here is mine:

The safe room was just so close Francis and Louis (I dont remember the players names) had already gone inside, however Zoey and I we're left to fight a tank. A raging, bloodthirsty tank.

"A little help here...!?"

That was optimistic. After a few lucky shotgun hits we managed to down it. Zoey started for the safe room but I needed to down some pain pills quick!

Following close behind her was a bad spot for me, as a sizeable group of the undead had pinpointed our location. And just as Zoey ran through the door to safety.

SLAM

Francis slammed the door on my face like the overeager little @#$% he is...

Suffice it to say, as the safe room door closed the Zombie buffet had just opened. Their specials today? Bill...

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 09:23 PM
I randomly shouted "surprize buttsex" into the microphone after pouncing a survivor as a hunter, I'm proud to say people laughed a lot and kept giggling after:smallbiggrin:

Pie Guy
2009-12-01, 09:23 PM
I was playing splitscreen with my friend, and I said "Be careful, wouldn't want to fall off a building. It's an instant kill."

30 seconds later, I was punched off by a tank.

Vitruviansquid
2009-12-01, 09:45 PM
In my first game ever, which I played on a friend's computer, I smoker grabbed a survivor as they were trying to climb up a ladder and it ended up getting the whole group killed. :D

Shnezz
2009-12-02, 08:47 AM
I was walking through No Mercy, just before the sewers there's the dark room on the left? Anyway, there's sometimes pain pills... in the dark... dark... room...
I had my flashlight off since there was a witch, and faced the darkness. Silence.

*Click on*
Tank was standing riiight in front of me, didn't do anything yet.
*Click off* :smalleek:
Roooooooar-punch!!
Downed and beaten to death. :smallsigh:

Winthur
2009-12-02, 09:12 AM
I didn't make it to the APC at Blood Harvest and I was overwhelmed with zombies. There were two bots and my friend, but the bots have stayed in the APC while my friend decided foolishly to help me out. Of course, we were both slaughtered, and therefore the only survivors were the bots.

On the same APC, I managed to make it and my brother soon jumped in while I covered him with fire from the APC. The other two survivors (human-controlled) have fought outside. The third one finally jumped into the APC, and the fourth kept on fightning with a huge swarm. My brother just yelled: "YOU KNOW WHERE DO YOU ALL BELONG? IN MY ********! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" and he shot the fourth player until he got incapacitated and we rode off without him. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Kzickas
2009-12-02, 09:42 AM
In versus I once pounced someone for 19 damage

when he had less than 19 hp left

and was in black-and-white

It was awsome

Dienekes
2009-12-02, 10:02 AM
Playing 2.

I was fighting zombies in the front, being badass, when a Smoker gets me and starts to drag me away through a group of zombies I get badly dinged up but I get saved by my allies. As I got up I didn't even have the chance to shoot anything before a hunter pounced on me, again I managed to be saved. As I was getting up, however within a second of me getting up a Charger pushed me back toward the other zombies were a Boomer finally splashed me.

After all this I was dead, and me and my friends couldn't stop laughing.

onasuma
2009-12-02, 10:42 AM
Any reason this couldnt just go in the steam thread? We've got dozens of these in there if you just have a look.

X2
2009-12-04, 04:39 AM
Any reason this couldnt just go in the steam thread? We've got dozens of these in there if you just have a look.

What am I gonna do? Rock up on the thread and say "Screw whatever you guys were talking about! Let's here some Left 4 Dead stories"?

Survery says: You'd better not

potatocubed
2009-12-04, 06:31 AM
Actually, the Steam thread kind of exists for this sort of thing.

Ilena
2009-12-04, 08:46 AM
My best ever smoker was no mercy 4th chapter, the survivors were getting into the elevator, door was just closing when i smokered the last guy, pulled him out before anyone could do anything and the other 3 started going up with the now closed elevator.

Another is no mercy chapter 5, on the roof as the survivors were jumping down, bill took a run and a jump and while in midair was smokered back, he stopped and just fell but being tied to the smoker fell backwards into the building, pretty cool :P

Hmmm Those are the two main ones that i remember off the top of my head, other then that some pretty ordinary kills and whatnots.

Optimystik
2009-12-04, 09:12 AM
Actually, the Steam thread kind of exists for this sort of thing.

You do realize Left 4 Dead is on consoles too, right? Not all of us use or care about Steam.

Mine: Playing the L4D2 demo with a friend, I come across that new zombie the Jockey. I wondered why it was called that (the characters yelled "Jockey!") but found out very quickly when it leaped onto me and piloted me right into a Witch. Rape Pain Hilarity ensued.

Jahkaivah
2009-12-04, 09:49 AM
What am I gonna do? Rock up on the thread and say "Screw whatever you guys were talking about! Let's here some Left 4 Dead stories"?

I don't see why the hell not! Look I'll start it for you (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7435408#post7435408) :smallbiggrin:

You do realize Left 4 Dead is on consoles too, right? Not all of us use or care about Steam.

Steam? Why would we dedicate a thread to evaporated water? It's the chocolate thread! Didn't you read the title? :smalltongue:

Optimystik
2009-12-04, 10:13 AM
Steam? Why would we dedicate a thread to evaporated water? It's the chocolate thread! Didn't you read the title? :smalltongue:

I appreciate the recruitment effort, really, but I don't see why I need to head to the Valve thread to talk about just one of their games.

I don't see the value in [Company] threads in general, actually. What if I just want to talk about the one game I've played? Should I make a [Bioware] thread for Dragon Age and Mass Effect? Or a [Blizzard] thread for Starcraft and WoW? A [2K] thread for Bioshock and Borderlands? I haven't played every Valve game yet, and they're bound to be discussing a game I don't want spoiled if I just pop into a clusterf- melting pot without knowing what the current topic is. The other solution is for everyone else to communicate entirely in spoiler blocks, which is asinine.

And sometimes, I may like some of a company's games without being gung-ho about the others. I like Left 4 Dead and Portal, but I'm not a big fan of Half-Life or Counterstrike and I've never played TF2. I'd rather just discuss the first two.

I'm not saying company threads are useless - there are people who DO like everything a company makes, after all, and care about the company's policies, projects etc. - but for me, Valve is not one of the companies on my list.

Jibar
2009-12-04, 10:18 AM
It isn't a Valve thread.
It's not really a Steam Thread either. It's more a PC gaming thread, kinda the Random Banter of Gaming Other. We talk about any game that becomes available via Steam (i.e. every PC game ever), any Valve games that have console equivalents, anything else that pops up along the line.
It's just Left 4 Dead chat now since that's the latest big PC release and it's what we're all playing.