PDA

View Full Version : A Blackberry-Friendly Skin Would Be Nice...

Aron Times
2009-12-01, 10:39 PM
I went to The Tangled Web (http://www.thetangledweb.net) on this Blackberry for the first time yesterday, and I noticed that it showed a mobile-friendly skin. I didn't have to scrol down through the "huge" images that come with most forums like this one. Before I can get to the posts, I have to scroll down past the massive, jumbled GitP banner and sidebar.

So, any plans for a Blackberry-friendly skin for the forums? I offer a night of pleasure to the admins to motivate them.

D&D is pleasurable.

Quincunx
2009-12-02, 07:53 AM
Have you tried browsing with the plain-text Archive link at the bottom of this and every page? (Disclaimer: advice-giver does not own web-ready mobile.)

Rawhide
2009-12-05, 09:53 AM
Have you tried browsing with the plain-text Archive link at the bottom of this and every page? (Disclaimer: advice-giver does not own web-ready mobile.)

What Quincunx said. And I'm not interested in your so called "night of pleasure"...

Aron Times
2009-12-15, 07:52 PM
The archive lets me view a text-only version of the boards, but it doesn't let me do anything else, i.e. I can't post or PM or anything other than read threads. So yeah, this is a feature that would be nice, but I can live without it.

Zeb The Troll
2009-12-16, 12:23 AM
While I can see the merit of doing it, I direct you to the gamut of other "nice but not necessary" things that people would like to see but can't be done at this point in time because of the fact that the forums are hellishly understaffed right now.

We know that the forum staff is minimal right now, and we know that they and The Giant know this. The Giant has also mentioned in another thread (I'll have to go find the post) that there are things in the works to correct this in the foreseeable future. Maybe once this is rectified, the mods and admins can afford to direct their attentions back to "wouldn't this be nice" things on the already extensive task list.

In the meantime, I'm willing to bide my time until some of the more critical issues can get resolved.

EDIT: Here's the quote (emphasis mine)...

What you all have to understand is that this is a stopgap measure, not a permanent state of being. Which is not to say that Roland will lose his newly-gained Admin status, but rather we are actively pursuing adding more moderators specifically so that Roland can step back from being the board's primary policeman. It is not a quick process, however, and frankly we're all trying to squeeze it in around the five billion other things we need to do. At some point, though, we will return to a crew of five or six mods as the first line of defense, with appeals going up to Roland.