PDA

View Full Version : Against the Dragon: An ECL 20 Mini-Adventure

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 12:31 AM
Backstory: The world is in danger. For whatever reasons, you have all decided that the end of the world is a bad thing. You've identified the creature responsible, a rather powerful lich. It seems that the lich has weaved the magic that will undo the world itself into his existence. Thus, nothing short of permanent destruction will end the threat. Unfortunately, you've not located his phylactery, and can only surmise that it is shielded from detection from spells more powerful than any you can cast to detect it.

Lore has spoken of an ancient creature that knew the Lich in his youth, before he spoke the words that transformed him. Little is known of the creature, save that it is a Dragon, and that by the best guess of small bits of information, is is near the towns of Balkhash and Alakol. The legends state that when the lich was turned, he ensorcelled the dragon, burying the knowledge deep within its mind, preventing it from divulging the information to any, and binding the phylatery's secrecy to the dragon's knowledge. As long as the dragon holds the secret, the phylactery can't be located by any means.

The spell that buried the knowledge only holds sway over the dragon in life. In theory, if it were killed, and spoken to from beyond the grave, it may be able to remember the phylactery's nature, and divulge it, breaking the spell.

Current State: This mini-adventure will begin in the town of Balkhash. It's a small port town, bordering the sea on one side, and a desert on the other. Typically used as a rest stop and trade route between traders willing to brave the desert to take 2 months off of their journeys, though it has seen a recent rise in activity from the mountain range to the north. The range borders the desert on one side, and a swampy marsh area on the other, and the latter creatures seem to be harrying travellers and sea vessels.

CAST:
Pharaoh's Fist (and Orran), playing Seto (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=27364)
Tehnar, playing Ghrem (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=169196)
Superglucose, playing Kagrenac (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=149954)
Toliudar, playing Theda (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=169168)
Mostlyharmful, playing Torvin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=143324)
PhoenixRivers, playing the dragon, and misc others.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 01:18 AM
"Let us gather and plan, men. We'll need to find this dragon's lair and break into it posthaste. Preliminary data indicates that it may be in the mountains to the northeast, but we'll hae to open up a can of diviniations t know for certain."

I can have my Imp Commune for 6 questions. That's all I can contribute in the realm of Diviniation.

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 02:39 AM
Theda

The compact, wild-haired woman next to Seto looks askance at him for a moment.

"'Men?' Let's take another look around, sir."

She leans back to consider the task at hand.

"I have a few divinations prepared as well. I'd like to suggest that we gather whatever information we can today, and if we feel that we've learned enough, prepare to travel to the dragon tomorrow.

"As I understand it, we have three goals:

Learn everything we can about this dragon and their powers
Learn the location and nature of its home
Learn the dragon's name, so as to be able to better scry it.

"I'll primarily be able to assist with the second of these. If the dragon is as old and dangerous as we think, then it or its servants must come out to acquire information, goods and food. Which leads to the possibility that it is known and seen around this city."

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 02:59 AM
"Then shall I try to gather information relating to its powers? I can ask six questions, which might work.

1. Is it metallic?
Assuming it is metallic chromatic, I continue with:
2. Is it Red?
3. Is it Black?
4. Is it White?
5. Is it Blue?
If no to all of those, it is obviously Green. Then I shall start to ask about its age so as to gauge its power. Hopefully I shall spring upon the answer before the fifth question so I have room for more than one inquiry about its age."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 03:19 AM
"Then shall I try to gather information relating to its powers? I can ask six questions, which might work.

1. Is it metallic?
Assuming it is metallic, I continue with:
2. Is it Red?
3. Is it Black?
4. Is it White?
5. Is it Blue?
If no to all of those, it is obviously Green. Then I shall start to ask about its age so as to gauge its power. Hopefully I shall spring upon the answer before the fifth question so I have room for more than one inquiry about its age."

OOC: Pointing out that for the answer to be meaningful, you must identify "it". Powerful agents of the lower planes still need some form of identifying information. Whether or not the spell gleans useful information will likely depend on how you attempt to identify the dragon.

EDIT: OOC2: If you have any buffs active that could influence your ability to detect and discern things, let me know, so that I can reveal such information, as it becomes appropriate.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 04:42 AM

1. Is it metallic?
Assuming it is metallic, I continue with:
2. Is it Red?
3. Is it Black?
4. Is it White?
5. Is it Blue?
Kagrenac

Kagrenac raises his eyebrows at the sorceror.

Now I must grant that I deal mostly in the creation of gods (remind me to tell you this funny story about how I almost killed off my entire species), but it seems to me that the metallic dragons would be, you know, metallic in color. As in, not red, black, white, or blue. We dwarves no quite a bit about metal, and I must say that I've never worked with a metal called "blue" before. Maybe you should instead ask if it is silver, gold, brass, or bronze, and if it is none of the above assume it is copper?

That being said, I think we should avoid asking if it is white or black, as even the mightiest of those dragons isn't an even match for one of us. Save those questions for something more... useful, perhaps. Such as where I put that Heart...

ooc: couldn't pass up poking fun at your typo.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:49 AM
OOC: Probably wise. I'd have taken them as listed.

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 08:44 AM
Ghrem leans back on his chair:

"I might be of more use tomorrow, when I ask mother nature for a spell that might let us know the lay of the land. Until then, perhaps it is best that I gather supplies for our journey, unless you men are already provisioned."

OOC: I assume we know each other for some time; thus I ask the druids to periodically cast Ironwood on my 60 arrows with wooden arrowheads. If that is not true,I will delete them from my inventory.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 08:46 AM
OOC: It can be reasonably assumed that you're a seasoned adventuring party, rather than 4 individuals that just happened to meet up.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 09:51 AM
ooc: couldn't pass up poking fun at your typo.

Damn your eyes! I bite my thumb at thee!

OOC: Pointing out that for the answer to be meaningful, you must identify "it". Powerful agents of the lower planes still need some form of identifying information. Whether or not the spell gleans useful information will likely depend on how you attempt to identify the dragon.

"The nearest dragon" should work, right?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 10:16 AM
Question 1: Is the nearest dragon metallic?

ANSWER: No; Not Who You Seek.

OOC: In cases where a one word answer would be misleading or contrary to the deity's interests, a 5 word or less answer may be used. A Simple "No", is thus either misleading or contrary to the interests of an agent of the lower planes.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 10:48 AM
Question 2: Does the dragon whom I seek (description of dragon and relation to lich follows if necessary) live within one day's flight of these two towns?

(I'm new to diviniating like this, so yeah...)

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 10:50 AM
Question 2: Does the dragon whom I seek (description of dragon and relation to lich follows if necessary) live within one day's flight of these two towns?

Answer: Unclear.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 10:52 AM
Hm. I suppose "one day's flight" is too imprecise, though that would imply it's not in the immediate vicinity...

Question 3: Is it's abode to the north of here?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 10:57 AM
Question 3: Is it's abode to the north of here?

Answer: Location Unclear.

(a properly warded home would be relatively difficult to detect via divinations. Lower Plane Agents would have the same difficulties you would via divination.)

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 11:04 AM
Theda murmurs quickly:

"Perhaps you can accelerate our learning by asking "Is there anyone in this city who has information about the dragon we seek?"

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 11:07 AM
Hm.

Question 4: Is there anyone in the city who has information as to the dragon we seek?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 11:08 AM
Question 4: Is there anyone in the city who has information as to the dragon we seek?

OOC: Give that man a cookie:

IC:

Answer: Yes. Most of them.

OOC2: The lower planar emissary seems rather chatty to yes or no questions. It seems something about this is definately in the creature's interests. Perhaps even the devils don't want to see their source of souls erased.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 11:15 AM
OOC: I figured we'd do that via Gather Information...

Question 5: May information be obtained from the swamp creatures that have been harassing people? (if I read the introductory post right)

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 11:16 AM
Question 5: May information be obtained from the swamp creatures that have been harassing people? (if I read the introductory post right)

Answer: Not much. Unrelated to Eolastrix.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 11:26 AM
Ok, is there anything any other party members want to know?

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 11:27 AM
Thank you, PR! The name was potentially a weird one to try to get.

Theda leans in, intrigued.

"You want to try for the nature of its home? Is it in a cavern? Is it aboveground? Does it live with other dragons - something like that?"

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 11:30 AM
"Finding the exact nature of its home would take time. i can ask one more question. Perhaps it should be about the presence of powerful minions? Though given the warding that is likely present on its home, I'm not sure how fruitful inquiries in this venue will be."

Question 6: Does the dragon have minions guarding its lair that are a significant threat to us (in the neighborhood of power level >CR 15 is what I'm trying to get at, but I don't know how to express that in character)

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 11:39 AM
Question 6: Does the dragon have minions guarding its lair that are a significant threat to us?

Answer: Unclear; likely.

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 12:03 PM
Theda smiles as the contact fades.

"That was GREAT, Seto. You got a lot out of a few questions. I'd suggest that we ask around a bit, learn what we can that way. Later today, I can try scrying this dragon - probably won't work, but it's worth a shot. If we can get a little closer, we might be able to scout the vicinity of its home today, cast a few more divinations, and come back more completely prepared tomorrow. Before we retire this evening, I can offer some long-term protections - protections that will be even more useful if we can learn more about the nature of the dragon.

Tehnar:
Happy to have been casting Ironwood on your arrows.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 12:07 PM
Well, now that we know that, it's time to go see what the townspeople have to say about this chromatic dragon Eolastrix. Also, I'm not a master of Divinations, but simply asking what color the dragon Eolastrix is would have resulted in a one-word answer.

In any case, I have a handful of divination tricks up my sleeve. If we can find an object or an artifact that may have once belonged to the dragon, I can find it for us.

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 01:09 PM
"We best be careful when asking around. The dragon may have revealed itself in disguise. They are tricky buggers. A red dragon could have shown himself as a white to trick us. Best take anything we hear with a grain of salt."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 02:00 PM
Well, for reference, the town is a small, but unusually well-stocked town, as it's a port stop on a trade route. A rough estimate is around 1,500 people in the town, but there's a lot of exotic items travelling in and out. For a theme, think desert tent town, surrounding a smaller permanent settlement, formed of boxy clay and mud dwellings.

(Translation: decent chance of finding items above the town's standard wealth limits.)

It's not certain exactly how many of the people in the town are residents, and how many are travellers, but there are two caravels in town, and one rather large caravan that appears to be preparing to set out across the desert.

If you need further information about any of the town's structures or inhabitants, inform me, and I'll provide any details you need.

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 03:38 PM
Ghrem will ask around the town about any recent events and about any threats to travelers/caravans.

Gather Information [roll0]
Time taken [roll1] hours

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 03:39 PM
Sure w/e, I'll do it too.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 03:41 PM
Seto will perform at a tavern to collect a crowd.

Perform: Singing [roll0]
Perform: Wind Instrument [roll1]
Perform: Magical tricks [roll2] (I would imagine being a Sorcerer gives a bonus to it, though.)

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 03:42 PM
Gather Info: [roll0]
Time: [roll1]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:16 PM
Tehnar and Kagrenac find out no more than you already knew. Basic information about caravan raids.

Seto, however, pulls up a rousing performance at The Random Encounter, drawing in quite the crowd.

The gather information check, however, doesn't reveal any information about Eolastrix. In fact, even bringing it up brings looks of suspicion. They're amiable enough about just about anything else... But the mention of the dragon's name, and about 3 out of 5 people deflect the question (rather poorly).

OOC: If anyone has special detection modes active during this time, let me know.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:20 PM
Hm. Well, the deflection is interesting. I shall have my (invisible) imp Detect Magic on them.

Incidentally, the great bard Seto demands his earnings! :smalltongue:

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:27 PM
[roll0] gp.

The imp detects lingering auras all around. Several areas of the bar actually radiate rather strong magic. Notably, the large windows out front, and many of the decorative pieces on the wall. One of the individuals has a lingering aura on him as well, but nothing currently active.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:30 PM
Spellcraft to identify schools of magic on the individual: [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:32 PM
Spellcraft to identify schools of magic on the individual: [roll0]

Conjuration.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 04:32 PM
Well my friends, I was unable to discover anything of interest, I think I'll go pray.

Gonna prep some non-combat spells now.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:37 PM
While performing magic, I mentally command the imp to go to the other part members and tell them that one of the individuals has a conjuration aura, and if they think we should investigate him. I, for example, could cast Greater Arcane Sight and find out exactly what the aura is, though I suspect it to be a magical item

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:42 PM
The imp does so.

Let me know any special sight modes you get, when you get them.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:43 PM
Well, I have Darkvision, though I doubt that's relevant...

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 04:49 PM
Lingering conjuration aura? Watch him and see how much longer it lasts... we can maybe get an idea of how powerful the aura was. I suggest following him, if possible. Maybe our Druid friend can turn himself into a housecat or something?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:56 PM
"If I may be so bold," the imp suggests, "I could follow him invisibly and all."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 04:57 PM
The aura persists for the better part of twenty minutes before it finally wanes.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:01 PM
I'm a cleric! How should I know anything about demons or devils, let alone what they're capable of?

After this information comes out, That, my friends, is a very powerful spellcaster. Follow this man, we will interrogate him if necessary. I even will have just the spell...

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 05:03 PM
No real need to tail him... He spends the time in the bar, enjoying music and drinking.

Let me know if you're waiting on him to leave, or somesuch.

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 05:06 PM
Ghrem will note the individual that Seto pointed out to him. He will observe him for a while, to see if he is acting strangely or if under a disguise. If he leaves the tavern Ghrem will shadow him around town, see where he goes and who he talks to.

Spot [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

Note: due to favored enemy bonuses if applicable increase the above rolls by 10 if the target is of the dragon type, or by 2 if he is a aberration, giant, undead or evil outsider.

If it becomes applicable Ghrems Hide and Move Silently modifiers are +32.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:07 PM
OOC: Very much. A high-level spellcaster cast a spell on him (he may be the spellcaster who cast it, but that's irrelevant) from one of the most powerful schools of magic. That makes him a person of interest since a) Dragons are high level casters, and b) high level casters often are Wizards which specialize in Knowledge: Arcana which involves information about Dragons. So there is a good chance that either he *is* a dragon (or working for a dragon) or he is someone who would know about dragons (or working for someone who knows about dragons).

Then again he could just be a noble who gets pissed off.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 05:09 PM
The man appears to be acting as normally as anyone. He seems to be another dockhand, blowing off steam at the bar... He seems rather good natured, and largely jovial.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:28 PM
Mhm! A cl 12 dockhand.

Or a dock hand with access to CL12 magics. I guess it could be a high level caster casting a heal spell...

Knowledge Religion:[roll0]
Is it likely that this person was simply injured earlier today and got a healing spell of some from from a high level Cleric? Or is the mundane healing generally handled by lower-level clerics?

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 05:29 PM
Ghrem will wait for him to leave and then follow him to see where he goes.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 05:33 PM
Knowledge religion doesn't really reveal anything new.

After the dockhand leaves, he staggers towards the tent town on the outskirts of the city, stopping twice to relieve his bowels of alcohol and food.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:33 PM
Can we get a cast list in the OP of this thread? I'm having a hard time remembering who is which character.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 05:35 PM
Idea: Have my imp slip its poison into his drink.

Problem: Need a substantial distraction. Knocking his stool over or destroying it, for example. Can our Druid or Ranger's AC help me in this?

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:41 PM
I vote we just follow him and keep watch on him. If necessary I'll summon something to help us, but I doubt it'll come to that.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 05:43 PM
The dockhand staggers into a tent. Shortly thereafter, you hear snoring.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 05:45 PM
"What now?"

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 05:47 PM
Theda sighs at Kagrenac's comment. She looks down at her admittedly sagging bosom. She confers briefly with the others.

"'Himself.' Great. It's catching. Look. It seems that you gentlemen have this bar covered, and Ghrem can take care of himself. I'm going to do a quick circuit of the city, see if there's anything else odd that I might pick up. Back in an hour."

Outside, she goes to the glade where Terry sleeps, concealed. after some preparatory spells, the two zip off for a quick reconnoiter.

Sharing spells with Terry her T-Rex, Theda will cast Shapechange, (Extended) Cloud Wings, (Extended) Blindsight and Detect magic. Changing into Pixies, that should give them greater invisibility and a fly speed of 90. She'll be zipping around the town's major structures, checking for things that are hidden from view, don't match what they look like via blindsight, or are highly magical.
Theda: Listen: [roll0] Spot [roll1]
Terry: Listen: [roll2] Spot [roll3]

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:48 PM
I may not be pretty but I am rather skilled in the arts of Diplomacy. Now I knock on his door and we talk to him.

If there are no objections, I cast Zone of Truth and Eagle's Splendor and prepare to rouse the man to question him.

EDIT: DC 24 will saves for those within 20ft of me if they want to be lying.

Tehnar
2009-12-02, 05:51 PM
Ghrem will wait about 1 hour after he hears snoring. Then he will sneak inside and look for anything that doesn't belong in a tent of a dockworker.

Search [roll0]

If needed: Hide [roll1]
Move Silently [roll2]

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 05:52 PM
I suggest we try a friendly approach first, since we may not be able to elect his help after we've rooted trhough his belongings.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 05:58 PM
@Toliudar: Several of the structures do have parts that radiate magic. Otherwise, nothing on blindsight fails to match up to normal vision modes.

@Superglucose: No need to knock. The tent doesn't have a sturdy door. Otherwise, spells are up, and man is confused.

@Ghrem: Nothing seems out of place.

@Myself only:Will:[roll0]

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 05:59 PM
"Mokuba, get back here and scan the auras on the windows and decor."

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2]
Spellcraft: [roll3]
Spellcraft: [roll4]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:01 PM
Strong Auras of Transmutation on all of them.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 06:04 PM
I shall discretely cast an Extended Greater Arcane Sight, if possible.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:05 PM
First, my will save:

[roll0]

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:09 PM
Well good, I can lie.

I am, shall we say, looking for a particular spellcaster, and couldn't help but notice that you have recently obtained the services of a spellcaster. I noticed that he or she is exceptionally gifted, and was wondering who it was that cast this particular spell? I assure you that my interest is purely academic, there are a few questions I would ask him that he would probably have a good answer to.

Diplo:[roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:10 PM
@Pharoah: All objects are the subject of Polymorph Any Object.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:11 PM
Well good, I can lie.

I am, shall we say, looking for a particular spellcaster, and couldn't help but notice that you have recently obtained the services of a spellcaster. I noticed that he or she is exceptionally gifted, and was wondering who it was that cast this particular spell? I assure you that my interest is purely academic, there are a few questions I would ask him that he would probably have a good answer to.

Diplo:[roll0]

**Ssshh... Oo' the hell 'r you?**

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:15 PM
Lord Kagrenac, high priest. I serve the god of travelers to the best of my ability. Might I inquire as to your name?

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 06:15 PM
At the end of the circuit, Theda and Terry transform into an attractive young human woman in travel clothes, and a staffordshire terrier. She approaches a person at random on the street.

"Excuse me. I'm told that there's a dragon living nearby. Could you tell me about that?"

Diplomacy attempt: [roll0]

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 06:16 PM
@Pharoah: All objects are the subject of Polymorph Any Object.

"Mokuba, I want you to tell the others that the windows and furniture of the bar has auras of Polymorph Any Object. I propose we break it with Break Enchantment. Find out if anyone has it."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:22 PM
The man looks at you, slightly confused.

**Arsher... Name'sh Arsher. Wut're ya doin' in my home?

Theda's entry doesn't seem to improve matters... On the bright side, it doesn't seem to hurt matters either. However, he seems to be focused (as much as is possible for a man in his apparent state) rather intently on Kagrenac, and doesn't seem to be paying much attention.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:23 PM
"Mokuba, I want you to tell the others that the windows and furniture of the bar has auras of Polymorph Any Object. I propose we break it with Break Enchantment. Find out if anyone has it."

Mokuba begins to travel towards the interrogatory group.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:26 PM
**Arsher... Name'sh Arsher. Wut're ya doin' in my home?

I am, as I may have previously stated, looking for information regarding magical creatures. Typically those who cast spells also know of these creatures, but I am woefully deficient in this knowledge, so I seek a powerful spellcaster who may answer my questions.

EDIT: Theda appears to be somewhere else.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:32 PM
I am, as I may have previously stated, looking for information regarding magical creatures. Typically those who cast spells also know of these creatures, but I am woefully deficient in this knowledge, so I seek a powerful spellcaster who may answer my questions.

The man focuses again, bleary eyed.

**No shpellcashters here. 'ave you schecked the mershants?**

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:33 PM
The man focuses again, bleary eyed.

**No shpellcashters here. 'ave you schecked the mershants?**
Do you know of any powerful spellcasters? Maybe sought the services of one recently? I have checked the merchants, and none of the ones I met seemed to be able to help me.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:33 PM
@Theda: The answer you get is a "No, sorry. The merchants travel out of the town more. They may know."

You're welcome to sense motive anything you hear in this town about the dragon. I can guarantee you, a decent amount of the rolls won't be wasted.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:36 PM
Do you know of any powerful spellcasters? Maybe sought the services of one recently? I have checked the merchants, and none of the ones I met seemed to be able to help me.

**Psh, like I'd talk abowt tha' with shum shtranger"

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 06:37 PM
And on that note: Sense Motive: [roll0]. Even cross-class, a worthwhile investment.

--

Theda will wander towards another tavern or gathering place, and see if someone else who looks either like a prominent merchant or a seasoned traveller can be plied with the same question:
Diplomacy: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:38 PM
And on that note: Sense Motive: [roll0]. Even cross-class, a worthwhile investment.

--

Theda will wander towards another tavern or gathering place, and see if someone else who looks either like a prominent merchant or a seasoned traveller can be plied with the same question:
Diplomacy: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

Both people tell you they know nothing. Both people are being evasive. Gut's telling you... Not trustworthy.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:40 PM
First, requisite sense motive of "Is this just general reluctance, or is there more behind it (such as a fear for his safety)?"
[roll0]

Second,

Perhaps I could make it worth your while? Kagrenac shifts slightly so that the sound of his coins jingle slightly.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:41 PM
First, requisite sense motive of "Is this just general reluctance, or is there more behind it (such as a fear for his safety)?"
[roll0]

Second,

Perhaps I could make it worth your while? Kagrenac shifts slightly so that the sound of his coins jingle slightly.

He doesn't seem afraid for his safety. You get the impression he's... protecting something?

**Shorry, buddy, Ah'm no rat

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 06:43 PM
Theda will follow up with the second person she's talking with. With a smile that doesn't make it north of her mouth.

"That's funny. A town of this size, a dragon of that scale. You'd have seen it many times, living here. What's it look like?"

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:46 PM
He doesn't seem afraid for his safety. You get the impression he's... protecting something?

**Shorry, buddy, Ah'm no rat
A... rat? So the spellcaster you're referring to is a criminal of some sort?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:47 PM
Theda will follow up with the second person she's talking with. With a smile that doesn't make it north of her mouth.

"That's funny. A town of this size, a dragon of that scale. You'd have seen it many times, living here. What's it look like?"

The merchant does seem a bit intimidated, but he seems to stick to his resolve.

"Sorry, stranger. I just got in here by ship. If there's a dragon near the town, I assure you, I'll be out shortly."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:49 PM
A... rat? So the spellcaster you're referring to is a criminal of some sort?

The drunk laughs at that, rather loudly. **Less a' one than any here, ah'd bet...

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 06:53 PM
The merchant does seem a bit intimidated, but he seems to stick to his resolve.

"Sorry, stranger. I just got in here by ship. If there's a dragon near the town, I assure you, I'll be out shortly."

Theda nods reassuringly, and pats Terry on the head.

"I'm sure that that makes perfect sense. Oh, who are you in town to do business with? I don't mean to be keeping you. Mind if I walk along?"

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 06:54 PM
The drunk laughs at that, rather loudly. **Less a' one than any here, ah'd bet...
Then I simply do not understand. I really do just wish to commission him for some research, and I'm even willing to pay you a finder's fee. Kagrenac sighs, I apologize if it is my vestments that are turning you off. I've been on a very long series of travels, and I find it is often best not to rely on occasional patrols to guarantee your safety along the roads. I just got in today and didn't have the need nor the ability to bring or change into a spare set of clothes.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 06:58 PM
Theda nods reassuringly, and pats Terry on the head.

"I'm sure that that makes perfect sense. Oh, who are you in town to do business with? I don't mean to be keeping you. Mind if I walk along?"

"Nobody. I'm passing through. I won't be doing business until I get to the end of the trade route."

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 06:58 PM
I'll perform in the meantime, so the DM doesn't have ten things going at once.

"Breaking rocks in the hot sun
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won."

Perform: Mad Air Guitar Solo [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 07:00 PM
Then I simply do not understand. I really do just wish to commission him for some research, and I'm even willing to pay you a finder's fee. Kagrenac sighs, I apologize if it is my vestments that are turning you off. I've been on a very long series of travels, and I find it is often best not to rely on occasional patrols to guarantee your safety along the roads. I just got in today and didn't have the need nor the ability to bring or change into a spare set of clothes.

**Lishen, Kaggena... Ah'll bet you're a good guy. You sheem arrite. But she ashkd ush not to talk abowt her, and there'sh nobody that knowsh her that'd tell'er no.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:07 PM
**Lishen, Kaggena... Ah'll bet you're a good guy. You sheem arrite. But she ashkd ush not to talk abowt her, and there'sh nobody that knowsh her that'd tell'er no.
Well, I guess I've got to apologize for my intrusion and express a certain amount of disappointment that I couldn't find someone who could answer my questions.
Kagrenac takes out a gold piece and passes it to the drunk.

If you ever need any help over the next week or so, I'll be in town. Just ask for a Kagrenac the Dwarf.

After that I leave to go speak with Seto.

I believe I have discovered something very interesting indeed. I believe that our friend may be living within this very town.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:14 PM
"I take it, however, that burning the town to the ground will not be an option. Incidentally... the windows and furniture in here reek of Polymorph Any Object." Seto states, in Dwarven. "I can try to dispel it, or use my True Seeing to attempt to see past it...."

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:18 PM
I'm afraid I must take a stand against burning the whole town burning thing, for at least as long as I'm in the town. Fire and beards do not mix well, you see. So what is this about a Break Enchantment spell? It happens that I have two prepared.

Kagrenac shrugged. I, as well, have a True Seeing spell, but I suggest we don't both waste it. I also have a plan for discovering if our friend is in town or not.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:19 PM
"My gem of True Seeing is good for 30 minutes a day. I can spare a few seconds to look at the things in here."

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:22 PM
Excellent. Doing so would be a brilliant idea.

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 07:27 PM
Theda's face brightens.

"Even better! I was just passing through as well, and looking for a group to join up with for mutual protection on my way out. When do you leave? Where are you staying in the meantime?"

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 07:36 PM
Theda's face brightens.

"Even better! I was just passing through as well, and looking for a group to join up with for mutual protection on my way out. When do you leave? Where are you staying in the meantime?"

No offense intended sir, but we've got protection... And it's not too uncommon for brigands to join a caravan to scout it out. If you'll excuse me, I have somewhere I'd rather be.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:38 PM
No offense intended sir, but we've got protection... And it's not too uncommon for brigands to join a caravan to scout it out. If you'll excuse me, I have somewhere I'd rather be.

... sir? Oh dear... oh dear indeed.

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 07:39 PM
"Sir"? Ah ha! Clearly, the man is distracted!

Theda nods pleasantly, and stops to allow the man to proceed to his destination. She follows at a leisurely pace.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:39 PM
:smalleek:

Don't kill him Theda!

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:43 PM
Don't get linked to his bloody and gruesome demise, Theda!

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 07:44 PM
Hmmm. The possibilities, when you have an animal companion with the swallow whole ability.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:46 PM
Urgh. Rule 34...

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:47 PM
Urgh. Rule 34...
LOL that's totally where my brain went too!

Toliudar
2009-12-02, 07:47 PM
Don't know that list. Can you enlighten me?

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:48 PM
Rule 34: if it exists, there is porn of it.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:51 PM
I never thought I'd look forward to a deadly combat encounter, but this thread has changed my opinion.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 07:52 PM
What are we boring you? Turn on your true seeing already!

PhoenixRivers
The merchant heads to one of the larger mud/clay structures, knocks, heads in when the door opens, and closes the door behind him.

Try not to remind me of Rule 34. I've seen a Matt Stone/Trey Parker movie featuring Tina Rex.

Toliudar
Ah. :smallfrown:

*Goes to rinse out brain.*

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:54 PM
PR: Who's with us as of right now? Some players have been AFK for a bit and I'd like to know if their characters are back or not.

If there's sufficient numbers, I'll go ahead without Theeda.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 07:57 PM
PR: Who's with us as of right now? Some players have been AFK for a bit and I'd like to know if their characters are back or not.

If there's sufficient numbers, I'll go ahead without Theeda.

I believe it's you, the imp, and Kagrenac near The Random Encounter...

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 07:59 PM
"Prepare for trouble," Seto mutters, raising the Gem of True Seeing to eye level...

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 08:01 PM
Make it double?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 08:03 PM
The window, when viewed through the gem, appears slightly windowish... but through it, you can also see a thick cluster of vines and brambles.

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 08:05 PM
Assuming Seto passes this information along,

Well, that's certainly odd.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-02, 08:07 PM
Yup. Vines, PaO'd into a window.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 08:07 PM
"Ok, so either the outside is a forest, or it's a portal to somewhere else.

Incidentally, how ok are you with a forest fire?"

Seto pauses for a moment and adjusts his pants.

"Did the guy you followed turn up anything useful?

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 08:23 PM
Much like with towns, I'd prefer not to light a forest on fire while I'm still in it. Also the guy I followed makes me suspect that our... friend... which we are searching for may reside in this town. Apparently there's a powerful spellcaster who prefers if people don't talk about her. Slightly unusual in parts of the world where magic is perfectly legal.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 10:55 PM
"How do you want me to handle the vines? Disintegration?"

Superglucose
2009-12-02, 11:07 PM
Kagrenac smiled. So long as I don't get hurt you can do whatever you want! I'm not sure how they're hurting anything though. How do we intend to find the dragon, assuming he is in this town?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 11:11 PM
"Force its hand?"

How many people are around, PR? I'd like to MM the vines to see if they're live or not.

Incidentally, team, why isn't this dragon hiding? Perhaps this whole town is a trap?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 12:17 AM
"Force its hand?"

How many people are around, PR? I'd like to MM the vines to see if they're live or not.

Incidentally, team, why isn't this dragon hiding? Perhaps this whole town is a trap?

A tavern, after close?
Nobody's around.

But there are no vines. You're seeing the true form of the window. It's vines, that have been polymorphed. So while you see what it really is underneath the magic, the magic's still on it. As long as Polymorph Any Object is on the window, it's a window, not vines.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 12:18 AM
Hm. I see. Can I tell if Dispel Magic or Break Enchantment would be more suitable?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 12:26 AM
Hm. I see. Can I tell if Dispel Magic or Break Enchantment would be more suitable?

Dispel magic has a shot at dispelling the effect, based on the roll versus caster level. If successful, the window (and, in an area version, any other such effects) would revert to their previous state.

Break enchantment only functions on creatures, so it wouldn't be of any use here.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 12:33 AM
Can I take that to mean it's not one of those assassin vines I hear so much about?
"Ok, I could examine the vines and see what they are made of, but I have no way of returning them to window form. Might just be regular vines that... hm. Were made into building materials? Why would anyone do that? Is this the only building like that around here?"

I use Greater Arcane Sight to look up and down the street at the other buildings.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 12:37 AM
Can I take that to mean it's not one of those assassin vines I hear so much about?
"Ok, I could examine the vines and see what they are made of, but I have no way of returning them to window form. Might just be regular vines that... hm. Were made into building materials? Why would anyone do that? Is this the only building like that around here?"

I use Greater Arcane Sight to look up and down the street at the other buildings.

Here and there, there appear to be PaO's on different parts of the permanent buildings.

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 12:39 AM
What is up with this town? I know you humans are... eccentric... when it comes to architecture, but random objects polymorphed into other things? I guess my only thought is that it must have been cheaper to polymorph the vines into glass than anything else.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 12:40 AM
Here and there, there appear to be PaO's on different parts of the permanent buildings.

Vines too?

What is up with this town? I know you humans are... eccentric... when it comes to architecture, but random objects polymorphed into other things? I guess my only thought is that it must have been cheaper to polymorph the vines into glass than anything else.

But the cost of hiring a high level spellcaster to do it is prohibitively expensive, and most have better things to do. So it would seem that the dragon wanted to build up the town, and maintain a presence here. Why do you think that is?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 12:42 AM

Windows are worth a few gold, at best. The PaO is pushin 600-700gp in value.

Also, it's not all windows. A section of wall, a piece of roof. A door here, a window there.

EDIT: And yes, in all cases, it's vines, weeds, or other plant matter.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 12:49 AM
"Would allow for a way in without going through the regular orifices, I suppose."

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 12:54 AM
Not to mention plant matter is important for some of the most useful spells, such as Entangle. I knew a druid who kept large ferns hanging from his ceiling just so he could Entangle anyone who attacked him.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 01:00 AM
"We could convince some of the swamp creatures to attack the town, thereby drawing the dragon out."

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 01:07 AM
I was considering summoning a handful of flying creatures that had the ability to see past polymorph spells. They'd only be here for about two minutes, though. Perhaps our Druid friend could shapechange into something that can both be invisible and able to see everything? I could then use a Silence spell to make him virtually undetectable.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 01:08 AM
We'd see more polymorphing, certainly. Is it your goal to track down every instance in the town, then plot it on map?

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 01:26 AM
If there's an obvious pattern, yes. More importantly, if the dragon is masquerading as one of the townsfolk we'll be able to tell which one, won't we?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 01:37 AM
"I can probably walk around spotting with Greater Arcane Sight then, if that's the plan."

Let's do this.

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 01:44 AM
Making note of the building for future reference, Theda and Terry head back to the inn. When she discovers that her companions had not yet returned, she headed out again. As she and Terry walked around to the back of the inn, they transformed in a blink into tiny fae dragons, and settled onto the roof of the building across the street from the inn.

Searching telepathically for an occupant in that building, Theda settles into the roof as best she can (Hide [roll0]). If she finds minds inside, she tells the nearest one: "It's urgent. Eolastrix needs to see you right away."

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 01:49 AM
Kagrenac casts Shield Other on Seto, saying Just in case we run into any trouble, I'd rather heal myself than have to heal you.

Tehnar
2009-12-03, 07:13 AM
"It is as if a spellcaster found this town abandoned, in ruins and decided to rebuild it. Could it not be that the residual conjuration effect we noticed on one of the residents is from a summoning/teleportation that the spellcaster uses to staff this town with people."

Based on the description of plants does Ghrem think they are native to this region or are they from somewhere else? Can he tell if they have been shaped by magic perhaps?

Knowledge Nature [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 09:51 AM
@Theda: After a few minutes, a middle-aged human lady leaves the inn, travelling down the road at a brisk pace.

@Ghrem: The Vines seem to have been formed by magic, but the plants used are not native to the area.

@Seto, Kagrenac: There's no apparent pattern to the Polymorph effects. however. It's as if different areas of the town were repaired via Polymorph. It's quality work though, right down to the the repairs looking equally weathered as the pre-existing construction.

EDIT: Incidentally, Toliudar, clever. I look forward to see how this one pans out.

Tehnar
2009-12-03, 10:44 AM
If he is aware what Theda is doing, Ghrem will stealthly follow the middle aged human lady at a discreet distance (say 100 ft).

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 10:47 AM
Once the middle aged lady is about half a block away, one of two things happens:

If Theda knows where the others are (at the docks, I think), she buzzes past and gives them a quick telepathic update. She ends with the message "Anyone who can be invisible and discreet, follow me. I'll get close enough to the woman for you to identify her, and then change to an invisible form."
If Theda doesn't know where the others are, she and Terry change back into pixies and follow the woman, at a height of about 50'

PR, you're making me wish this was a real campaign. Good, mysterious setup!

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 11:55 AM
Theda does not happen to cross within range of telepathy for the group, unfortunately. As Seto, Kagrenac, and Ghrem are investigating the PaO effects across the entirety of the settled area, their exact location isn't easily discerned. You could likely find them with a couple minutes of searching, but there's no telling where your mark would travel in the meanwhile.

The woman continues down the road to the outskirts of town, to one of the many tents. She glances left and right, then ducks under the tent flap, letting it fall behind her as she enters.

If you have a means of both searching for your allies and tailing the woman simultaneously (I discount nothing at level 20. I've had someone animate a simulacrum of themself once in a campaign, for a similar purpose), you could likely alert them by the time the lady reaches the tent.

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 01:26 PM
So there are also no significant magical auras on any people?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 01:34 PM
So there are also no significant magical auras on any people?

Nope. About 98% of this town looks perfectly normal for a small, but important, port town.

The other 2% seems like a mage's practical joke gone wrong, apparently (PaO, etc).

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 01:54 PM
I'm sure that something could be done with shapechange shenanigans to simultaneously follow her and track her companions, but Toliudar isn't thinking of it right now. Since Theda doesn't think - or at least isn't sure - that the tents would be where the dragon is staying, she's content to watch for now.

Seeing the woman enter the tent, Theda and Terry settle into a holding pattern about 300' away, 50' up and 100' off the path to see what happens next.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 02:08 PM
... and it's quiet.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-03, 02:09 PM
If you have a means of both searching for your allies and tailing the woman simultaneously (I discount nothing at level 20. I've had someone animate a simulacrum of themself once in a campaign, for a similar purpose), you could likely alert them by the time the lady reaches the tent.
I delegate the task of searching for allies to my familiar!

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 02:33 PM
I delegate the task of searching for allies to my familiar!

Yes, you do. However, with Theda and Terry's stealth skills, and invisibility to boot, the only way the Imp could possibly locate them is through Telepathy, or possibly a lot of time with detect magic. Both will eventually do it, barring anti-divination/anti-mind effects up, but the down side about hiding is that you do, in fact, become hard to find.

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 02:48 PM
By "it's quiet", do you mean that no one comes out of that tent, or do you mean there's no one around at all?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 03:02 PM
By "it's quiet", do you mean that no one comes out of that tent, or do you mean there's no one around at all?

There are occasional people, but they're rather rare, and sparse. It's quite late, after all.

No, the tent is quiet, and nobody's left it. It's rather a small tent. Barely big enough for perhaps 4 people to sleep in, though it's about 5-6 feet tall.

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 03:12 PM
Theda takes Terry's hand, and descends to a spot behind the tent. If there's an obviously empty tent nearby, they'll step in. Otherwise, she simply waits until there's no one around and then changes into a Rakshasa. She then uses her Detect Thoughts ability to try to learn how many minds there are in the tent. She is NOT proceeding to the second round of scanning.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 03:18 PM
Theda takes Terry's hand, and descends to a spot behind the tent. If there's an obviously empty tent nearby, they'll step in. Otherwise, she simply waits until there's no one around and then changes into a Rakshasa. She then uses her Detect Thoughts ability to try to learn how many minds there are in the tent. She is NOT proceeding to the second round of scanning.

Detect Thoughts isn't incredibly precise. How are you limiting the area to just the tent? From the air, it'd be relatively easy (get fairly close, and detect in a cone downward). From the ground, things are a bit more problematic.

mostlyharmful
2009-12-03, 03:30 PM
singing to himself quietly Torvin flys down to land in the town square before begining to look around with the help of his arcane vision for anything bizarre or out of the ordinary.

Oh the hills are big and green
and soooo is the fairest orc that eeeevvveeeer you did see
her hair hung in ringlets, her axe it waaaassss bllaaaackkk...

dum de dum de dum....

OOC: Hello, sorry I'm late but you turn your back for a day and its six pages long... anywho, I figure Torvin'll pick up the gist of the PAO vines fairly quickly and it might take a while dependant on how stealthy they are before he links up with the rest of the team.. so if PR is ok with it the Wizard can just stay in the background until they make themselves obvious.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 03:32 PM
Sure, there's room for 1 more. We'll enter you near the shapechange effect (Theda/Terry).

Party of 5.

Wizard, Sorceror, Cleric, Druid, Ranger.

Assuming Torvin's spellcraft is high enough to ID the effect on a 1, you'll pick up a shapechange via Arcane Sight.

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 04:42 PM
Yay, company!

In the meantime...good point about detect thoughts. Terry will turn into an invisible stalker, and hold Rakshasa Theda just over the tent, so she can send the detection downward. Mostly, just making sure that the tent has someone in it, and isn't a portal, covering a tunnel, something like that.

Tehnar
2009-12-03, 04:47 PM
Hmm Ghrem feels kind of special, and not in a good way. Too bad TOB is not allowed or I would have tried out my harpoon thrower.

Ghrem will scour the ground around town looking if there are any odd tracks (ie those not belonging to humans, camels, cats....). Just generally mope around town, periodically checking tracks in places where its conceivable such might be found.

Survival [roll0]; FA bonuses may apply.

OOC: Its a long shot, but maybe there is something walking around covered by a illusion or invisibility spell; though given the presence of PAO used so often it seems unlikely.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 05:00 PM
@Theda: 1 life form inside.

@Ghrem: Any sense modes other than standard vision? Standard sense modes reveal nothing (examples scent, see invis, detect X, true seeing, etc)

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 05:08 PM
Oh, what the heck.

Theda shifts swiftly back to pseudodragon form, still held by Terry. At her instruction, he pulls her back in over the tent. She reaches out telepathically to the lifeform in the tent: "There is word of strangers in town, asking about a dragon. Report."

Tehnar
2009-12-03, 05:18 PM
No, no other detection modes. But I am looking just for any suspicious tracks, not the eventual creatures that left them.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 07:46 PM
Oh, what the heck.

Theda shifts swiftly back to pseudodragon form, still held by Terry. At her instruction, he pulls her back in over the tent. She reaches out telepathically to the lifeform in the tent: "There is word of strangers in town, asking about a dragon. Report."

@Theda: You receive no telepathic answer. Do you have the ability to read thoughts, in the event your target is not capable of telepathy?

Toliudar
2009-12-03, 08:25 PM
From the SRD description of telepathy (emphasis mine):

A creature with this ability can communicate telepathically with any other creature within a certain range (specified in the creature’s entry, usually 100 feet) that has a language. It is possible to address multiple creatures at once telepathically, although maintaining a telepathic conversation with more than one creature at a time is just as difficult as simultaneously speaking and listening to multiple people at the same time.

Communicating with someone implies the two-way flow of information, and conversation is definitely two way. There is no stated requirement that the other creature be telepathic, simply that they have a language. I've always pictured the non-telepath's side of the conversation as being like messages put into a drop box - thoughts left briefly in a part of the brain that the telepath can receive if they're looking for them there.

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 08:32 PM
I'm hardly impartial but I agree. I always figured the way Telepathy worked was I send a thought into your mind, then you send a thought into your mind and I can take it from your mind.

GM's call though :smallsmile:

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 10:11 PM
A creature with this ability can communicate telepathically with any other creature within a certain range (specified in the creature’s entry, usually 100 feet) that has a language. It is possible to address multiple creatures at once telepathically, although maintaining a telepathic conversation with more than one creature at a time is just as difficult as simultaneously speaking and listening to multiple people at the same time.

A creature with the telepathy ability can communicate with other creatures within the specified range for the ability.

A creature without the ability, therefore, cannot.

I can see where it's open to interpretation, but communication is not necessarily conversation. Communication is imparting an idea or message to another. It is not necessarily mutual exchange. The ability, as stated, does not confer the ability to read minds (for that, you would need an ability to Detect Thoughts), nor does it establish a limit on what can and cannot be read from the creatures you deal with.

The ability does provide the ability to (1) communicate, and (2) address multiple subjects at once. It does not automatically grant the ability to have a full conversation. Remove the above text on mental image, and the same could be said of talking. It won't make a mute man able to answer you, however. To have a conversation, you must have two creatures, able to communicate, same as any other form of conversation.

Sources: SRD, Dictionary Definition (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/communicate)

ruling reversal, below.

Superglucose
2009-12-03, 11:30 PM
Communication is generally considered a two-way process though.

In any case it's your call, and you said no, he can't hear the thoughts.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 11:51 PM
Communication is generally considered a two-way process though.

In any case it's your call, and you said no, he can't hear the thoughts.
Ruling:
Tell you what, it's level 20, so it's not as big an issue.

Return communication is allowed, under the following guidelines:
(1) A creature with telepathy may only hear thoughts that the subject intentionally wishes heard.

(2) A creature without telepathy may only respond to telepathic messages sent within 1 round. It may not initiate conversation by trying to perform unsolicited mental 'talk'.

In other words, the creature with telepathy must establish the connection, and it only lasts for as long as the telepath is maintaining it.

Result:
Under these guidelines, you receive no response from the target. It does not choose to send any response.

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 01:31 AM
I'm completely comfortable with those restrictions. Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm going to hang out here for a few minutes, game time, in case mostlyharmful wants to come join me. After that, she and Terry will head back to town and use the tracking ability to try to figure out where the others have gotten to. Spot: [roll0] to track them.

After it becomes clear that there is no answer forthcoming, Theda also turns into an invisible stalker. They take up a new holding position above and to one side of the tent.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 01:43 AM
The woman doesn't exit the tent in this time.

In the event that you do leave, you'll be able to find the others in short order. They've travelled by land, haven't covered tracks...

The only difficult thing you have to overcome is high traffic in the area... I'd say you've done that.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 01:45 AM
Perhaps we can all meet up somewhere?

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 01:54 AM
Given that the woman came out of the inn, and Jahanne has no way to know what she might have been able to communicate back to them, Jahanne Theda will suggest that the five of us gather in a secluded area outside of town. She'll describe what she's done and seen.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 01:56 AM
Excellent. I approve.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 01:59 AM
Given that the woman came out of the inn, and Jahanne has no way to know what she might have been able to communicate back to them, Jahanne will suggest that the five of us gather in a secluded area outside of town. She'll describe what she's done and seen.

Jahanne? Mean Theda?

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 02:08 AM
Hilarious. She's now been misidentified by her own player. No wonder there's a chip on her shoulder.

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 02:12 AM
Kagrenac gives his theory that the Dragon lives somewhere in town.

In addition, I'd like to point out that if I can find something that belonged to this Dragon, I can find it. Perhaps tomorrow we can begin looking for artifacts of historical significance in the area? Did anyone happen to brush up on local history before we arrived?

C'mon wizard, you have ranks in Kowledges, right?!?!

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 02:14 AM
You know, if the dragon "ownes" the vines...

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 02:17 AM
Theda nods. "That'd be worth a shot. If you like, I can also try scrying the dragon now."

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 02:17 AM
"Ok... but who are you?"

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 02:42 AM
Let me know if any actions other than 'game-plan-hashing-out' occur. ;)

Tehnar
2009-12-04, 03:04 AM
"I am out of any ideas. Until tomorrow that is."

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 03:52 AM
The vines are worth a shot. What do you think, Dispel Magic or Break Enchantment?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 04:47 AM
Break Enchantment only targets creatures.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 09:48 AM
Dispel check on nearest vines: [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 02:23 PM
One more roll: [roll0], mistyped, but +20 yields 26.

You have a tangled mess of vines. Arcane Sight reveals that they also have a conjuration aura. Major Creation, specifically.

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 03:14 PM
Well let me see these vines for a second...

Locate Object, trying to find Eloastrisk (the Dragon, I forget his name)

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 03:27 PM
The spell is blocked by even a thin sheet of lead. Creatures cannot be found by this spell. Polymorph any object fools it.
Perhaps you meant another spell?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 03:47 PM
You have a tangled mess of vines. Arcane Sight reveals that they also have a conjuration aura. Major Creation, specifically.

"These vines were conjured here by magic. How curious. Why not just conjure up the actual building material?"

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 03:53 PM
"These vines were conjured here by magic. How curious. Why not just conjure up the actual building material?"

The real question is: Why is it still here? Major Creation isn't permanent.

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 03:58 PM
Theda examines the vines. She is especially interested in knowing if they're native to this part of the world, or if the come from a specific kind of environment (jungle, coastline, rainforest, etc) [roll0]

She muses aloud. "Well, remember when we goofed around for a week on the Plane of Air? The djinni there were able pull wooden platforms and stuff like that out of nothing, and that stuff lasted forever. Maybe whoever it is that made this happen had a pet genie?"

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 04:10 PM
The real question is: Why is it still here? Major Creation isn't permanent.
Either way, the following applies

"This seems very temporary. It's like someone tried to patch this place up in a hurry... which would imply that something happened here to cause damage recently... perhaps some sort of fight? An attack? But surely they wouldn't want to protect the dragon after that. None of the people were charmed. That leaves intimidation, but I don't think the drunk we interrogated was scared..."

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 04:15 PM
Theda glances up at the vines.

"Intimidation - or partnership. The people here could be working with the dragon in some way. It offers protection, they act as its eyes and ears, and perhaps its hands. I'm still not sure what to make of the woman leaving the inn and going to the tent outside of town. I could have sworn that she was heading towards the dragon, but then...there was only one person in that tent.

"Perhaps it has a way to communicate directly with the dragon. Perhaps the dragon WAS in there, and teleported away when she spoke with it. Perhaps the dragon is in some way completely shielded from my mental probing. Or perhaps the woman simply changed her mind, decided to disregard the summons, and went to bed. There's too little we know yet."

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 04:18 PM
"It sounds like we may need to eliminate a few witnesses. Or inconvenience them, as the case may be."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 04:46 PM
Theda examines the vines. She is especially interested in knowing if they're native to this part of the world, or if the come from a specific kind of environment (jungle, coastline, rainforest, etc) [roll0]

Not native to the area, though they do come from arid climate...

In fact, not native to the material plane.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 05:16 PM
"So where are these things from? Theeda? Torvin?"

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 05:18 PM
The appropriate check for that would be Knowledge: The Planes.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 05:20 PM
"Mokuba, I believe this is more your field than mine."

Familiar K. Planes: [roll0]

(We'll definitely need the wizard for this one.)

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 06:10 PM
Perhaps you meant another spell?
Discern Location, my bad.

It's very possible that there's a spellcaster here doing battle with the Dragon, and that the plot runs significantly thicker than I, or any of us, have guessed so far.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 06:37 PM
Discern Location, my bad.

It's very possible that there's a spellcaster here doing battle with the Dragon, and that the plot runs significantly thicker than I, or any of us, have guessed so far.

How to determine owner... Hmm. I'll go with an interpretation that does include Eolestrix as an owner of the vines.

Spell Result: Error 404: Creature not found. Please verify your divine connection, and try again.

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 06:42 PM
Theda sets down the vines.

"Not from this world at all. The smell's all wrong. Pfeh."

She dusts off her hands.

"Well, shall I take a stab at the scrying now, then? Or do we have something else we'd like to try first?"

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 07:21 PM
Back where I come from, a lack of information can be as useful as certain pieces of information. Our draconic friend has Mind Blank up, we won't be able to scry him or her.

Toliudar
2009-12-04, 07:38 PM
Theda nods at the wisdom of Kagrenac's assessment. She looks speculatively over at the Hiesenberg Wizard who either was or was not with the rest of them.

"Hey, Torvin. I've seen you make friends with other critters really quickly and easily. You got any of those charms prepped today? If ordinary persuasion isn't getting anything out of these people, why not..."

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 10:16 PM
In the event that Torvin does not, if you wish to fast forward to day 2, just let me know where everyone is sleeping. If you don't intend to, and aren't memorizing spells, then let me know what you're doing during the evening.

After that, I'll fast forward anything that can be, adjudicate any late night encounters, and we can advance to late morning, also known as Spell-prep time.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 10:19 PM
I want Torvin to make a knowledge check... perhaps the DM could take his knowledge modifier and use it to make the check, since he seems to be a tad absent?

Also, Seto proposes that he plane shift the team to the Shadow Realm to rest and prep spells.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 11:00 PM
I want Torvin to make a knowledge check... perhaps the DM could take his knowledge modifier and use it to make the check, since he seems to be a tad absent?

Also, Seto proposes that he plane shift the team to the Shadow Realm to rest and prep spells.

Please note: Plane shift is horrendously inaccurate. Also, the Plane of Shadow is an inhabited plane. Which means there is the possibility of random encounters. Unlike town encounters, the plane of shadow encounters would have a much higher chance of the encounter being hostile.

That said, it would likely avoid any non-random encounters.

Superglucose
2009-12-04, 11:41 PM
No Rope Trick?

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-04, 11:52 PM
No Rope Trick?

Advantage: Safe resting place, moderate protection versus divination.

Disadvantage: If you're seen entering, people will know just where to go to find you when you leave. Occasionally creates an "entering a hot zone" scenario. Granted, you have a bit more foreknowledge than they do.

Disadvantageous: Not for those with Bags of Holding, Handy Haversacks, or the like. Extradimensional spaces don't play well with each other, per the text of the spell.

(these are designed not as hints, but as pieces of information that 20th level characters would be expected to be familiar with)

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-04, 11:57 PM
Could just teleport somewhere else...

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 12:04 AM
Could just teleport somewhere else...

More secure than plane shift, less secure than rope trick.

Allows you to select a relatively safe location, and accurately arrive.

Only down side is the use of a spell slot to get back... Which is what the plane shift had anyway.

Well, that, and more divinations can protect you, but a private sanctum or somesuch before resting could fix that.

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 12:15 AM
I vote for teleport.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 01:17 AM
I vote for burrying our haversacks, etc. and using a rope trick.

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 01:31 AM
Actually, Miracle could be used to create a Magnificent Mansion right here. We fly half a mile out to sea before we cast it, and it's virtually unfindable.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 01:35 AM
Actually, Miracle could be used to create a Magnificent Mansion right here. We fly half a mile out to sea before we cast it, and it's virtually unfindable.

OOC: Do you really think I'm THAT devious? That's a lot of paranoia, lol. Heck, at first, I figured you'd split a room or two at the inn.

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 01:56 AM
We're facing an opponent who's hundreds of years old, with an entire town working for him or scared of him, and access to eighth level spells and genies. I think everything short of "personal demiplane" is pretty reasonable.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 02:09 AM
We're facing an opponent who's hundreds of years old, with an entire town working for him or scared of him, and access to eighth level spells and genies. I think everything short of "personal demiplane" is pretty reasonable.

Hey, don't let me stop you. I'm enjoying this on so many levels.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 03:50 AM
Seriously let's rope trick and if you have Handy Haversacks or something just burry them and alarm them.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 04:19 AM
Seriously let's rope trick and if you have Handy Haversacks or something just burry them and alarm them.

OOC:Alarm doesn't function across planar boundaries. Greater Alarm will, to an extent, but not to a Rope Trick. That's what protects you from most divinations, but it also stops many other forms of magic.

On a side note, during the discussion, it's noted that you're being watched from an upstairs window outside the tavern. It appears to be a middle aged man, and it's pretty obvious he just arrived.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 04:44 AM
Meh, Rope Trick and one person on watch.

Don't look now, but I think we've acquired a fan.

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 04:46 AM
What ho good travellers.. my divinations informed me of the possiblity of worthy comrades in arms at this locality, should the potent eminations of your auric harmonies be correct in identifying you as those self same heroic potentates of nobility may I present myself forthwith and henceforth. torvin the mage, nice to meet you.
If I correctly deduce from your actions an attempt to ascertain pertinent intelligence lets see what I can drag from the depths of my prodigious intellect...

Lore check on the Dragon [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana [roll1]
Knowledge History [roll2]

I can also prepare a magnificant abode for us all with but a quarter hours reading if the group would wish to wait

If it's a positive then use the seventh level slot kept empty for a MMM. I suggest those of us that can fly carry those as can't and we rest out to sea or at altitude.

My suggestion would be to retire to a safe place since initial forays have been abundantly absent from the realms of sucess in the aquisition of information. Those amongst our small band with a particular familiarity with those matters arcane and divine as leaves them informed to the course of the world may wish to turn to their trusty implements after a few hours diligent study to divine all they are able to from the ether.

If the dragon's so good at being weird and covering up from us lets throw divinations at it for a while, rest and reprep.

Edit: And the guy at the window could be important. Why don't some of the team look into him while Torvin preps the mansion. I've also got a teleport if we get properly paranoid.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 04:56 AM
Lore: The name Eolestrix is notable in a few obscure legends, and is in reference to a Brass dragon with the strength of a giant and the spirit of a rogue. The legend in question came to be over 600 years ago.

Knowledge (Arcana): 2 relevant pieces of information on Brass dragons:
- Vulnerable to Ice
- 9th level spell caster, with access to many spells considered divine.

Knowledge (history): No relevant information.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 05:01 AM
Seto breaks out into a burst of abrupt breakdancing.

Perform: [roll0]

His familiar will try to cast Suggestion (CD 15) on the man.

Suggestion: It is all a dream, so why not just go to sleep? Being up and about while dreaming tires one out, and makes it hard to work the morning after. So leave this dream for the quiet bliss of dreamless sleep.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 05:14 AM
Will: [roll0] (-1 penalty for reasonable suggestion)

And the man departs to go to sleep.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 05:23 AM
"Any other matters that need attending to? If not, I say we rest. I have enough Fly spells for everyone who can't fly under their own power, and teleporation as well, though it'd be a damn sight simpler to teleport to the mountains and set up camp there."

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 05:32 AM
That sounds fine. Seto please teleport us as I only have the one casting prepped. Now, let us retire to safety and comfort to return once we are better informed as to our opponents perculiarities...

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 05:33 AM
"Let us all join hands, and move in a counterclockwise direction... Come on, it's just a jump to the left..."

Seto casts Teleport.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 05:36 AM
Lorkhan gifts me with the ability to fly. I will be able to join you under my own power.

So, should we prepare for combat tomorrow, or are we looking to continue our investigation?

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 06:00 AM
We know almost nothing whatsoever about our opponent. The OP set up seems critical but not so time sensitive that we can't take a few days getting ready. Half the power of a high level team is the ability to cut down on stuff that they don't know about. I for one vote for a few days of communes and CoPs first. I want to know this things favourite colour and prefered brand of toothpaste before we meet it rather than just its name and type.

So. after resting Torvin can prepare a whole slew of scrying and Contact other plane for us...

What are the questions we're wanting exactly?

Possible selection.
1. Where is the lair of the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix?
2. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite minion?
3. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite offensive spell?
4. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's fvourite defensive spell?
5. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's lairs most powerful protection?
6. Who, other than Eolestrix, knows most about his tactics and protections?
7. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite escape tactic when cournered?
8. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's most powerful spells known?
9. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix know we're hunting him?
10. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix regularly leave his lair?
11. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix have any powerful allies that are able to come to his defense instantly or within moments of him being attacked?
12. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix use the spell Contingency?
13. If he does then what is it's activation condition?
14. What is the effect tied to his Contingency?
more always welcome....

Tehnar
2009-12-05, 08:22 AM
"I will fly by myself to your magnificent abode, however my fly time is limited to 5 minutes, thus I wish it is not too far. I would prefer if we just made camp and kept watch either in the inn or outside of town."

Once we are inside the mansion/campsite, Ghrem will ask:

"What are in general the abilities of Brass Dragons? I must confess that Ive spent a lifetime hunting dragons, though I learned nothing about them during that time. If they were not color coded, I would not be able to tell them apart."

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 11:19 AM
Theda and Terry turn into a pair of female humans - neither of which look like Theda. She takes Seto's hand, and Terry's. She looks over at Kagrenac and Ghrem.

"Um. We're teleporting. Might as well stick together. I'm sure Seto's got a very good place picked out in his head, but I don't know how far it is, and if we go off course at all, you'll have trouble finding us while flying. Why don't we all head off together?"

--

I agree that spending some more time in divination is not a bad thing, although divinations directly on Eolestrix are likely to fail. I was thinking that, come morning, I might spend some time scrying one of the people we met, to see if there's anything they do differently when we're not around.

Also, note that commune is yes/no only, & contact other plane is normally restricted to one-word answers.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 02:06 PM
Oh I figured Kagrenac mentioned that he could fly and the shrugged and joined the circle.

Hold on, before we go...
Kagrenac lets do of the hand he was holding.

Well he clearly has Mind Blank up and will almost certainly have it up tomorrow. I suppose if anyone had any tricks we could use his name to scry on his lair. In any case, we can be reasonably sure that he knows, or at least has access to, Major Creation and Polymorph Any Object, which means our toughness will be a great asset. Also means at least 8th level spells. More importantly, there's something fishy about this town.

Maybe we should sit down and let the Wizard use the True Lore ability from Loremaster? Collect the legends, etc., of this town. If characters about 11th level are legends, this dragon should be beyond a legend.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 02:29 PM
"Ask questions about the town! The town!"

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 02:32 PM
I'm really, really glad I remembered that. Unfortunately I think doing it on the dragon will take weeks. May be worth it though...

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 02:41 PM
True Lore says it duplicates the 'effect' of the spell once a day so I think it's down to DM ruling whether it still takes the time of a ledgend lore which would be weeks or if it's just a standerd action since it only duplicates the effect.

That being said once Seto's teleported us Torvin can prep a Contact Other Plane to get some initial clues with the blank sixth level slot and we can get the answers to 12 questions with reasonable reliable chances of them being good intel. Mindblank doesn't stop it due to it being a question asked of a deity and not targeted on the critter in question.

So, unless anyone gets a brain wave I'll start off with:

1. Where is the lair of the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix?
2. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite minion?
3. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite offensive spell?
4. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's fvourite defensive spell?
5. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's lairs most powerful protection?
6. Who, other than Eolestrix, knows most about his tactics and protections?
7. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's favourite escape tactic when cournered?
8. What is the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix's most powerful spells known?
9. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix know we're hunting him?
10. Does the Brass Wyrm Eolestrix use the spell Contingency?
11. If he does then what is it's activation condition?
12. What is the effect tied to his Contingency?

contacting a greater deity who presumably knows why we're doing this and is fairly ok about dropping us helpful hints in return for all their worshippers continuing to exist and breed and such. Torvin automakes the Int check due to luckstone and ioun stone giving a +1 each.

The town can be the target of the Greater Lore effect if the casting time on the dragon's too great although in that case I'd better pop back there to do it, if the dragons a no-go Torvin can shapechange into a genie and planeshift a couple times to within a few miles of the town and then use Phantom Steed to get there in negligable time. after that it's probably a good idea to rest up in comfort and prepare about twenty CoPs. seriously guys, what questions are we wanting asked?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 02:43 PM
"I'd still like to know something of the town itself."

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 02:51 PM
Then start off with my crystal ball, scan the town for anywhere you can't see clearly and make sure to check out all the underground bits you can.

hands Seto Crystal Ball.

Other than that what spells would you like one or two word answers to about the town and I'll modify the list before casting it.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 02:58 PM
"Just figure out what has been going on with this town if certain veins of inquiry, such as the ones about favorite minions or whatnot, don't yield results. By the way, what kind of crystal ball is it?"

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 03:02 PM
The Crystal kind.... it's got a nice burnished finish. Made by me during my 'Goth' phase of adolescence so it's possessed of something of a moody nature. Given your propensity for extroverted extravagence I thought that possibly it would respond well to your particular brand of mystical manner.

It's a bog standerd one so don't expect to see through any illusions but at the moment I'm thinking of Seto as something of a ADHD teenager that needs a destraction. And really what better distraction than a tv with limitless voyeuristic capability?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 03:07 PM
"How does one, um, scan for underground areas if you can only focus on people with the scrying?"

I'll scry on the man at the window, along with the drunk, but I don't see how this is going to help find hidden areas.

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 03:14 PM
Again, we need to focus on questions with one word answers, and questions that don't have answers that will be meaningless to us. A lot of the questions you've listed are fantastic. I've suggested a couple of alterations to bring it down to short answers, but ultimately, of course, your call.

1. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix sleep above ground?
2. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix sleep within 5 miles of Balkhash?
3. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix usually sleep east of Balkhash?
4. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix usually sleep south of Balkhash?
5. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix usually sleep west of Balkhash?
6. Who is the Brass Dragon Eolestrix's favourite minion?
7. What is the Brass Dragon Eolestrix's favourite offensive spell?
8. What is the Brass Dragon Eolestrix's fvourite defensive spell?
9. What is the Brass Dragon Eolestrix's lairs most powerful protection?
10. Who, other than Eolestrix, knows most about his tactics and protections?
11. What is the Brass Dragon Eolestrix's most powerful spells known?
12. Does the Brass Dragon Eolestrix know we're hunting him?

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 03:15 PM
"Actually, if you don't mind me trying the ball...I'd like to see what the woman who I followed to the tent is doing."

If Seto doesn't mind, Theda will focus on the woman and see if something can be pulled up using the ball.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 03:16 PM
"Keep it in your pants. This is not the time for that sort of thing."

Seto hands the ball over to Theeda with a dirty look at him.

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 03:25 PM
Theda's a chick.

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 03:26 PM

Sounds expedient to myself, I shall procede to initiate a tete a tete with the divine wills that exist beyound our own palty frame of reference.

Ok Toliuder, I'm usually expectant of a little more flexibility from the answers than you it seems but we can slow things down if you like.

Torvin preps and casts with these questions please nice mr DM.:smallsmile:

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-05, 03:30 PM
Theda's a chick.

Did you miss the running gag? :smalltongue:

Superglucose
2009-12-05, 03:43 PM
Did you miss the running gag? :smalltongue:
No, I'm just contributing my part: the one of us that points it out :smallwink:

Toliudar
2009-12-05, 03:44 PM
Theda takes advantage of the continuing shapechange effect to assume the form of a satyr, and takes a moment to wiggle her priapus at the pretty boy sorcerer, before snapping into the backward handed form of a Rakshasa. Then she settles in to scry on the woman.

mostlyharmful
2009-12-05, 03:50 PM
Oh good. Teenagers. Just how I like to spend several days cooped up in a confined space:smallfrown:

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-05, 04:13 PM
ANSWER: Rarely.
ANSWER: Rarely.
ANSWER: No
Answer: No
Answer: No
Answer: Djinni
Answer: Wraithstrike
Answer: Mind...
Answer: Elementals
Answer: Gods
Answer: Miracle
Answer: Unknown

@ Woman scrying: She appears to be going about her business within the town. However periodically, her hand goes to a pocket on the inside of her jacket, as if she's feeling something, or verifying its there. Otherwise, it's a bit of tea, and various card games in the tavern.

EDIT: Wow, a veritable treasure trove of 88% accurate information, and no comments.

Tehnar
2009-12-05, 08:37 PM
"Maybe we should go back and see what that woman has. I can teleport us to town and back if needed."