PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 troubles

Omicroncubed
2009-12-02, 08:01 AM
I very rarely post around GITP, but I really need help with this one. Plus I DID notice the Steam thread, but I wasn't really sure if I should make a new thread or post in there. So sorry in advance if I did something wrong.

Ok, so over a year ago I bought Team Fortress 2, played it a while, but because my computer sucked so much and didn't want to run it so well back then I stopped playing it for a while. After our computer broke and got fixed for the third time or so, I was willing to bet that it'll run smoother and better now. So I finally decided to install it today.

Buuuut things didn't go as I planned them. When I first bought TF2 my brother and I shared this computer, so we also shared the same Steam account. But now my brother has his own computer and I had to make my own Steam account with which to install TF2. Get where I'm going with this? That's right. I forgot to uninstall TF2 before so I can't use the CD-key that came with the game. And I've been trying to figure out how to uninstall the game so I can use the same CD-key again (if it's even possible) but I have so little experience with Steam that I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. :smallsigh:

So I need help. Is it possible to uninstall a Steam game through Steam and then install it on to another account without having to buy a new copy of the game? And if so, how?

Please? Anyone?

ObadiahtheSlim
2009-12-02, 12:20 PM
The CD keys are used to register the game to a Steam Account. After you acctivate the key you cannot ever activate it on another account. What you must do is log in under the account you previously registered it as.

Bayar
2009-12-02, 01:10 PM
The CD keys are used to register the game to a Steam Account. After you acctivate the key you cannot ever activate it on another account. What you must do is log in under the account you previously registered it as.

Or buy the game for yourself while your brother has his game.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-12-02, 01:11 PM

This is, unfortunately, correct.

Omicroncubed
2009-12-02, 01:27 PM
Aww dang. :smallfrown:

Well I guess I can still halfly share his account... Hopefully.

Thanks anyway though. :smallsmile: