PDA

View Full Version : More silly broken-ness?

Shnezz
2009-12-02, 11:11 AM
What happens if you break a portal ring EDIT: Ring Gate, and can they even be broken?

Some people I know think it would simply stop working, some think that you can't, and some people think that it would be a portable hole+bag of holding like rift effect.

Opinions?

Grommen
2009-12-02, 11:16 AM
What happens if you break a portal ring, and can they even be broken?

Some people I know think it would simply stop working, some think that you can't, and some people think that it would be a portable hole+bag of holding like rift effect.

Opinions?

mooooohahahahaha...

Prolly not any definite rules on this. So it depends on the kindness of your DM. Now me personally. Big explosions, lots of fire, most likely I would blow the special effects budget for the adventure right their.

Your millage may differ.

Shnezz
2009-12-02, 11:24 AM
I was wondering if you could bend the ring slightly, and then insert it through the other ring. :smalleek:

Duck and cover!

Cyclocone
2009-12-02, 11:29 AM
It creates a rift in reality that warps in a portable hole.

Inside the portable hole is a bag of holding.

Inside the bag of holding is a random BBEG who was trapped there by cunning players.

Roll for Inititative!

Shnezz
2009-12-02, 11:31 AM
It creates a rift in reality that warps in a portable hole.

Inside the portable hole is a bag of holding.

Inside the bag of holding is a random BBEG who was trapped there by cunning players.

Roll for Inititative!

The BBEG is already dead from the bag of holding being in the portable hole?

Melamoto
2009-12-02, 11:36 AM

The fact that he's still alive should give you an indication as to his power.

Cyclocone
2009-12-02, 11:43 AM

No that's the portable hole in the bag of holding.:smallbiggrin:

So if the BBEG is a lich, or something else that doesn't age and breathe, he would still be in there, driven to utter madness by countless eons of solitude and harboring an extreme hatred for all that yet lives (especially PC's ofcourse).

drengnikrafe
2009-12-02, 12:38 PM
He could. Or, maybe he cast some sort of extreme sleep on himself that allowed him to sleep until something found him, at which point contingency would wake him up.

But then, where's the fun in that?

erikun
2009-12-02, 03:15 PM
This is about the time you pull out one of those crazy Planescape monsters. :smallbiggrin: Trying to mess around with my multiverse, are you?

Jergmo
2009-12-02, 04:12 PM
This is about the time you pull out one of those crazy Planescape monsters. :smallbiggrin: Trying to mess around with my multiverse, are you?

The resulting rift spits out Ravel Puzzlewell.

Edit: Or, better yet, a portal to a Blood War battlefield!