PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Extra Actions...

Zovc
2009-12-02, 04:00 PM
How can I get extra actions? Standard Actions, Move Actions, Swift Actions, any of them! At what level can I get those actions?

Now, I'd like to be able to cast more spells, so I mostly care about standard and swift actions at the cost of the fewest levels, but I'm open to anything.

BRC
2009-12-02, 04:02 PM
once you can cast 9th level spells there is always Time Stop.
Factotums get the ability Cunning Surge, which gives them an additional standard action at the cost of 4 inspiration points, but I'm pretty sure it's out of dip range, especially for a caster.

SaintRidley
2009-12-02, 04:06 PM
The Celerity family of spells is good.

I believe there are feats in epic to increase the number of Quickened spells you can cast per turn (or is this a salient Divine Ability? Have to check.).

Incantatrix won't let you get extra actions, but Instant metamagic lets you freely boost power, theoretically reducing your needed actions.

There are more, but those are three I can think of.

Zovc
2009-12-02, 04:08 PM
Factotums get the ability Cunning Surge, which gives them an additional standard action at the cost of 4 inspiration points, but I'm pretty sure it's out of dip range, especially for a caster.

Time Stop tends to happen around level 17, a bit later on than I was hoping to break the action economy.
Indeed, Factotum 8(?) is a bit too far out of dipping range, as cool as the class is.

sofawall
2009-12-02, 04:09 PM

It costs three, and is at level 8.

ex cathedra
2009-12-02, 04:11 PM
Wow, okay, so...

Cunning Surge [Factotum 8] - Standard
Island in Time [Eternal Blade 10] - Full Round
Divine Impetus [Ruby Knight Vindicator 7] - Swift
Perpetual Options [Swiftblade 9] - Standard
Innervated Speed [Swiftblade 10] - Multiple rounds

Schism [Telepath 4] - Mental-only Standards
Celerity [Sorc/Wiz, various levels] - Various
Temporal Acceleration [Psion/Wilder 6, Time Mantle, boots] - Multiple Rounds
Time Stop [Sorc/Wiz 9, others] - Multiple Rounds
Anticipatory Strike [Psion/Wilder 5?] - Full Roundish.
White Raven Tactics [White Raven 3] - Full Round
Stance of Alacrity [Diamond Mind 8] - Swift, in a way.

Belt of Battle [MiC, 12k] - Various

Glimbur
2009-12-02, 04:12 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicators (or Windicators, if you prefer) can spend Turn Attempts to get extra Swift Actions. It is a PrC from Tome of Battle.

Swift actions can be nicer than you think... Travel Devotion means you can move using them, Quickened Spells can be fun, and there are exactly a bajillion other uses for Swift Actions.

Ryuuk
2009-12-02, 04:21 PM
There's also Hustle (Psychic Warrior 2), you spend you Swift Action to get a Move Action.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-12-02, 04:48 PM
i would say
using magic psionic transparency...

Cleric3/psion3/mystic thurge 9/cleric x
taking the time or celerity domain
Picking up the spontanius casting of a domain spell feat, and divine metamagic.

you will get timestop hustle, schism,haste, and Anticipatory Strike. at higher levels mind you.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-02, 04:53 PM
Chronotyrn and Chokers.

Person_Man
2009-12-02, 05:10 PM
This list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358) includes all the ways to get Extra Actions that I am aware of.

herrhauptmann
2009-12-02, 05:22 PM
Swiftblade gives you a few options:
Swift 3-You cast haste as a free action (like quickened, but without using higher slot)

Swift 9- You get an extra standard action while under effect of your own haste spell. So 3 move actions, 2 standards and a move, 1full round and a standard.

Swift 10- Put haste into a 6th level slot, then when you cast it, instead of getting a haste spell, you turn it into a timestop. Longer timestop for a higher spell slot used.
edit: Don't forget, that timestop effect was done as a quickened spell. So you still have a full round action you can use on the turn where you caused time to stop. And then there's the actual 1-3 rounds of your timestop :)

jiriku
2009-12-02, 06:36 PM
Telflammar shadowloard 4 grants free full attacks, which are normally full-round actions. Heavy investment though.

Multispell is the epic feat granting an extra quickened spell per round.

Magnor Criol
2009-12-02, 06:43 PM
I'd like to second the recommendation of the Belt of Battle. It's relatively cheap, and can net you your choice of move, standard, or full-round actions. It's got charges/day that will run out pretty fast, so it doesn't have as much endurance as many of the other options tossed out here, but for 12k it's a great investment. It also gives a static +2 to initiative, which is always a good thing.

Thurbane
2009-12-02, 07:58 PM
You might want to add the Vestigial Twin trait from DMG II to that list. :smallwink: