PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Fiddler's Metagame Campaign IC

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-02, 07:54 PM
Pedro
The lights around you slowly click on and grow in intensity. Despite the light, you are unable to make out anything around you. The lights continue to grow until you are surrounded completely by the brightest light you've seen in your life. It takes a few minutes, but it eventually dies down, and you find yourself sitting on a bench by a fountain in the center of a town square. The buildings seem to be of an old style, the type you'd see in cities trying to preserve their looks from a few centuries ago. Also by the fountain are four other people, everyone else you can see is walking around as if nothing strange had happened, seemingly oblivious to your presence.

Alan
"I wish I could be a mage," You think to yourself, as hard as you can. A nagging voice in the back of you mind tells you, "Be careful what you wish for." You feel yourself lurching forward in space, and your house is suddenly gone. You collapse, falling to the ground. When you look up, you find yourself in the center of a town styled as if it were from Shakespeare's time. You notice a fountain to your left, and four other people standing, sitting, and lying by the fountain. Everyone else is walking about the center, as if it were a perfectly normal day, and as if you hadn't just appeared out of nowhere.

RJ
Your thoughts on how you wish you could leave this world or painful emotions and happenings are interrupted as suddenly, you lurch forward. You feel a bit nauseous, but as it passes, you notice that everything around you has changed; you are now sitting by a fountain in the center of a town that looks like it's from medieval times. There are four other people around the fountain, but there are hundreds of people scurrying about as one would expect in a city, as if you hadn't just appeared and this was a perfectly normal day.

Nimaj
As you slowly regain your consciousness, you realize that your hand is in water of some type. You look over and notice that it's sitting in a fountain. The water is a bit warm from the sun, and oddly comforting, until you notice that you're in a brand new place. As you look around, you notice that this place is completely foreign, it looks to be both from a different time and place than you are. Four other people are around the fountain with you, while hundreds of people are running to and fro around you, completely oblivious to the fact that you appeared.

Matthew
The colors of the portal are nearly blinding, forcing you to shut your eyes. Even so, you feel nauseous, and as if you are traveling hundreds of miles per hour in an enclosed vehicle. Suddenly, it stops, and you drop to the ground, falling. As you open your eyes, you see a fountain, with four other people sitting around it. The fountain sits in the very center of a town square, with people hustling about as is to be expected. Strangely, the people and the town both look as if they are from centuries past.

All
This new locations is slightly disorienting, and you feel... disconnected from the world, as if you don't belong. Despite this, you all feel as though some strange potential has been awakened deep in your mind, as if you have powers at your fingertips that you never could have had before, but even this is disorienting and confusing. ((-1 to all mental checks until otherwise stated)).

As you gather your bearing, a woman walks up to the fountain, tosses a coin of some type into it, and walks off, ignoring you just as much as the hundreds of others are. The only people who aren't ignoring or completely ignorant of your existence are the four other around the fountain.

aje8
2009-12-02, 08:18 PM
(Physcial Description. I.E what the other players see) The youth before you is just over 6 feet tall and a little on the thin side. His clothes are practical and comfortable, though not particularly stylish. His hair is a sort of blondish brown, combed in a simple straight cut while his eyes are a dull shade of turquoise.

Alan gets up and brushes himself the dirt off his green sweat pants. Looking confused for a moment, Alan partaiily forms sentences"What? How? But that can only mean....." As his mouth catches up with his mind, a slight smile creeps over his face. Finally, Alan finishes a sentence, "Where am I?"

OOC: Can I make a knowledge(Earth) check to see if I reconize this fantasy world as the DnD world? (And possibly WHICH DnD world, if it's a standard one)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-02, 08:27 PM
((Sure. It'd probably be a bit higher of a DC, since you haven't experienced it, but because of the way you arrived, I suppose you deserve a circumstance modifier. Don't forget the penalty to mental checks though.))

aje8
2009-12-02, 08:35 PM
[roll0] <-That factors in Disorientation.

Masterclick
2009-12-02, 08:52 PM
A teenager about 6' tall and really skinny appears to be regaining consciousness. He has brown curly hard that is about a half an inch thick. Perched on his nose are a pair of glasses. The glasses quickly turn dark due to being transition lenses. He has a green and white striped polo shirt on and a pair of blue jeans. He has a blue jansport backpack and a trackbag in Germanic colors with one of the side pockets open.

"Well, at least I won't have to take that german test after all," Nimaj thinks to himself as he gains consciousness. "This is probably a dream. Hopefully it won't be as crazy as my last dream where my social teacher was a werewolf and the band teacher was a werewolf hunter. That was just plain freaky. Maybe this time I'll actually survive."

Nimaj looks around to notice the other four who seem just as disoriented as he is. Hoping that they might be able to help him figure out where he is, he says, ""Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Parlez vous francais? Espanol? Do you speak English?

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 08:54 PM
RJ sits quietly in shock, as his brain processes the fact that he has been suddenly whisked to an unfamiliar place.

"No way..." he finally manages to croak out.

Standing up, he angles his face upwards and shouts impotently at the sky, "Of all my wishes to grant, why the hell did you have to grant this one! I take it back! I take it back! Send me home!"

Seeing that nothing happens, his eyes narrow slightly.

"Okay," he mutters, "If that doesn't work, how about this?"

"I REALLY WISH I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS!" he shouts.

Hearing the teen next to him speak, RJ stops his futile attempts at convincing the powers that be to send him back. Turning to him, RJ extends a hand.

"I can't speak spanish for nuts, and trust me, you wouldn't want to hear my french. English is fine though. Nice to meet you, I'm RJ. Any chance you could tell me where this is?"

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:03 PM
Alan stares at RJ for a second, then turns to Nimaj. "I certainly speak English. Who are you? And do you know where we are?"

Masterclick
2009-12-02, 09:04 PM
Talking to the person who had screamed at the top of his lungs for a silly wish "Oh, thats good. You are able to speak a language that I can use for more than explaining that I can't speak it. I don't think a million dollars will do much for you in this land. The coin that person dropped into the fountain doesn't appear to be any currency that I'm familiar with. Well I'm Nimaj."

He turned to the one who had asked him were they were "I have no idea where we are. This is all probably just figments of my imagination in some weird dream I'm having."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-02, 09:07 PM
Pedro keeps to watch this with extreme easy. Something about his eyes tell he does not understand the full meaning of all this, or not even half of it.
He looks to the people around it, to the fountain, to the buildings, searching for signs or whatever could tell him what the f**k had happened.

"Tá. Que porra é essa? Sera que eu durmi? Po, eu nem tava bêbado! Que merda." He stands up and walk around with his backpack at his left shoulder.

"Hey." He calls out at the tall boy with brown hair. Pedro is tall by himself with his little less than 6 feet, but the guy was enormous. He was, however, broader and much more intimidating, that is for sure. "Que horas são?"

[Remember that my mother language is Portuguese, being from Brazil and all that? Yeah...]

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 09:07 PM
"Nice to meet you Nimaj. Well I don't know about you, but I was whisked here by some strange power halfway through an otherwise normal day, and I INTEND to get home."

Taking out his iPhone, he attempts to check the map service for a location.

Noticing the other two that have come up to Nimaj, he address them while waiting for his phone to turn on.

"I suppose you two are lost too?"

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:10 PM
"I'm Alan. Hum.... well if clothing is any indication, this is either some insane dream or..... a another world. Possibly a parralel universe. The people here are not dressed like Modern Americans. Yes, I'm certiantly lost. Or at least.... I don't know where here is."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 09:12 PM
"Americans?" RJ does a doubletake. "I take it you're from there? Me, I'm from Singapore. Whoa, this is some weird s**t. I don't suppose the rest of you are from far-flung countries round the globe too?"

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:15 PM
"Singapore? Well.... at least we're from the same planet. Wait..... unless your Earth is also Parrelel to mine and not identical. Einstien was a brilliant physicist/mathetmaician who discovored relativity on your Earth right?"

Masterclick
2009-12-02, 09:15 PM
"Ya, I'm an American. If this is a dream, if its mine then were probably going to all die in some horrible way just in time for my alarm to go off for seminary. Since we all seem to be acknowledging the weirdness, its probably not one of my dreams. Maybe we're being abducted for some alien zoo or something.
Um would you mind not swearing. I've grown up in a very conservative family and moral stance and I think that we would probably be just as productive without the colorful implementation of vocabulary.
Oh and yes, Einstein discovered the theory of relativity on my Earth too."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-02, 09:18 PM
Pedro gets inside the conversation, seeing anyone is really as freaked out as he is. "Com licensa." Damn, I did it again.

"Hey, anh.. 'scuse me. Do yu knou what time is it?" [Trying to emulate my sotaque]
"My cellphone is not working." He points to a little red cellphone that could also be a brick.

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:19 PM
"Oh so he does speak English. Was whatever you were speaking before the native launage here? Or just something from Earth somewhere that I haven't heard before? My cellphone says: 12: 02 AM." Alan adds, flipping open a small, black cell phone.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 09:20 PM
RJ bows in apology.

"I'm sorry", he says. "Just pretty disoriented from the weird time skip/whatever. I'll watch my language. And yeah, Einstein and E=mc^2 work in my world too."

"Tell you what, let's ask one of these locals."

Putting on his most charming smile, he accosts one of the locals milling about the square.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where I am?"

(OOC: Diplomacy roll, if required [roll0])

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:23 PM
"Ok, then I thing it's reasonable to assume that all 5 of us, I don't know, 'Outsiders' are from the same Earth."

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-02, 09:24 PM
{roll} <-That factors in Disorientation.

As you talk with the others, it slowly dawns on you that the people walking around the square aren't all human. There are some tall, elegant human-like creatures that seem to be elves, and shorter creatures that seem to be the stereotypical dwarf. It's obvious that you're in some sort of fantasy setting, but it's difficult to tell what kind.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where I am?"

The person you approach seems to be a perfectly normal human, aside from their clothing, obviously. "Why, you're in the city of Pline, of course!" Smiling, he walks off without waiting for you to respond.

((You guys are posting fast. :smalltongue:))

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-02, 09:24 PM
He turns to face the tall guy with browish hair. His beard of a face coil with disbelief as his chin falls down.

"WHAT? What the facking shet ar you tauking about?" He turns to look around one more time, finally things start to sort out in his head.
"Ahh puta merda. Para com isso cara, porra. Hey, eeh.. big fella. I supose it is nowhere close to midnight, is it?"

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:28 PM
"Yeah, I don't think it's midnight here, but the world-travel thing has obviously screwed up my cell phones clock big time. We're definatley not in Brazil. I'm from America, but this is neither."
Looking around the square something slowly dawns on Alan. "Uh... Outsiders? Some of the people here have Pointed Ears?! Short stout beared men?! I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. This world obviously has some elements of our mythology in it. That implies..... a staggering amount about the interaction between the two worlds."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 09:31 PM
RJ hurries back to the group.

"Okay, I can confirm two things."

"1. They speak English and are not hostile."

"2. We're in this place called Pline, which, if I recall correctly, does not exist on our normal plane of existence."

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:35 PM
"Pline? No city I've heard of. So..... we're in a world of what appear to be Elves and Dwarfs in a city called Pline. Yeah.... this definatley isn't our world. However, the fact that we can communicate and that they're not trying to kill us is a certified Good Thing." Alan looks a bit worried, his eyebrows knitted toghether as he contemplates this.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-02, 09:36 PM
Pedro is still looking to the big fella in astonishment. "Big words. Do not want."
He walks around, aimlessly, still adrssing his words to Alan and the others. "Hey.. do you guys think this is Brazil?" His face is completely taken by an ugly grimace as he starts to realize he was probably kidnaped.

[I am that slow]

Masterclick
2009-12-02, 09:38 PM
"English is always good. I've never heard of any city called Pline. Sounds like something someone would come up with if they were grasping for names for a book and couldn't come up with anything."

OOCI'm going to be gone for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I just had a case of, "oh ya, I said I was going to do something right about now didn't I?

aje8
2009-12-02, 09:38 PM
OOC: "Stout Party?" Who do you mean or are you reffering to the whole group? You can as the Narrator use names you know, even if your character doesn't know them yet.

EDIT:
Looking at Pedro, "Did you not hear me before? This isn't Brazil. I'm pretty sure." (Italisized text is louder and slower)

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-02, 09:59 PM
"How..." He turns to the sky, looking for something, anything, to prove Alan is wrong.

"Bosta. Deixa pra lá. Nevermind." He corrects himself. "What kind of.. WOW!" Pedro noticed the slender elven folk and the smaller broadish dwarven people.

"Best. Costume. EVER! Of all times!" He darted in the direction of a 'dwarf' to greet, and question, him for his personal love of costumes. "Já vi galera assim antes, mas pra deixar a barba crescer tanto tem de ser Foda*."

[*I saw people like that, but to have a beard like that must be Awesome. Translations, for you guys. Also, not going to end well.]

lostlittlebear
2009-12-02, 10:21 PM
Oh no oh no oh nonononononononono....

RJ hurriedly runs up to the dwarf Pedro is harassing.

"Don't mind him!" he says pleasantly, "He's just had a bit too much to drink."

Clapping Pedro round the shoulders, he steers him back in the direction of the fountain. "C'mon Willy, we need to get you home to your wife."

Whispering in his ear, he says, "Rule 1: Don't anger the locals. Let's try and find our way out of here without ending up on the wrong end of a spear, eh?"

(OOC: Diplomancy! Again! [roll0])

Milskidasith
2009-12-02, 10:43 PM
What the hell? Ugh... don't tell me I'm having one of those lucid dream things. The last time that happened, I was in math class and the filing cabinets turned into a giant bird. Blargh. What the hell is going on?

The boy in front of you slowly stands up after being prone in front of the fountain. He has light brown hair, somewhat greasy (OOC: It gets greasy in about a day, it'll be jet black by tomorrow), and piercing blue eyes. He's very thin, but looks athletic. He's carrying a massive blue backpack and a smaller purple soccer bag.

He turns towards the others. Hey, uh... who are you guys? Anybody have a clue where the hell we are?

aje8
2009-12-02, 11:28 PM
OOC: I'll just assume that you not being meant you were unconcious/in transit for a minute longer than the rest of us.

"Let me get you up to speed. We all appeared here a few mintues ago. We're all from Earth, probably the same Earth you know, though from a vareity of different countries. This place.... well it's called Pline and there are what appear to be Dwarves and Elves walking around, I have no idea what that means or why. None of these strange creatures appear hostile as of now. I'm Alan by the way."

Milskidasith
2009-12-03, 06:42 PM
Well that's lovely then. Hmm... elves, dwarves, etc. Ok, I'm having a lucid dream. Let's see... how about I test this out. Hmm... Ok, I'll give myself wings.

Matthew puts his right hand up to his forehead, concentrating slightly. He then jumps into the air, and promptly lands back on the ground.

Well OK, that didn't work. This is... well, this is seriously messed up.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-03, 06:52 PM
Pedro looks to Mat and give a pat on his shoulder. "Are yu okay?.." He amuses more to himself.

"I am not buying this up too, something is fishy. We are alien here and yet anyone regard us as strangers." The latino boy looks around, trying to think of something. "Maybe this is some convention?... World-wide convention? I still don't remember how I got here, but anything is... possible... right?"

"Ahhh cara, isso é mó palhaçada.*" he whines while looking around, kinda lost(er).

[*Oh man, this must be a joke.]

Milskidasith
2009-12-03, 07:05 PM
OOC: I just landed on my feet, I didn't fall.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-03, 09:00 PM
RJ addresses the confused members of the group.

"The way I see it," he says, "We have somehow been transported to a typical swords and sorcery fantasy world or a very very good imitation of one. I am not discounting the possibility that this is some elaborate hallucination on my part or on one of ours, but with no way of proving that short of waking up, I propose we all work and function as if we were really situated in a world of fantasy."

"Which, I think, gives us a few things we need to do."

"First and foremost, is to find food and lodging. If you have any skills that could potentially bring in an income or be bartered for a night at an inn, please tell us now. I for one can spin a good tale, which if I remember correctly would be a way of gaining income in these psuedo-medieval times."

"Second, is to find a way of getting home, which I trust all of you want to do. I have no idea if magic exists in this world, but if it does, I presume it must be to blame for our sudden transportation."

"So we first find a place to stay the night and set up camp, then make inquiries into magical activities that might have brought us here."

"How does that sound?"

aje8
2009-12-03, 09:16 PM
Alan looks directly at RJ and says, "Sounds like a plan, RJ. Though I'm afraid I have no useful skills for surviving in such a time. Investigating the magic (or lack there of) in this world may allow us to figure out how we got here. I think that's the next step after finding lodging." Alan looks thoughful for a moment then contiues, "We could attempt to make money by putting on some sort of show using modern technology. Demonstrate Cell Phones or Calculators and call them magical artifacts."

OOC: Dark Fiddler? What's in this square exactly. I know we're near a fountain in a pseudo-medevil world, but what's actually around us? Shops, alleys, roads?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-03, 09:32 PM
OOC: Dark Fiddler? What's in this square exactly. I know we're near a fountain in a pseudo-medevil world, but what's actually around us? Shops, alleys, roads?

Surprisingly, most of the building surrounding the square are homes. There are some food stalls set up inside the square, but most are closed at the moment.

There are four roads leading out from the square, one north, one east, one south, and one west.

Milskidasith
2009-12-03, 11:40 PM
Well, I have a solar powered calculator, which could be useful. I also have my laptop, but it won't last that long. Still, let's try to find an inn first.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-03, 11:44 PM
RJ nods, and heads towards the closest inn. Once inside, he will ask the innkeeper how much lodging costs, and whether he/she is willing to let the travelers work for their stay.

(OOC: Do I roll anything?)

Masterclick
2009-12-04, 12:58 AM
Nimaj looks at the two proffering suggestions for making money. Using gadgetry from our day and age may not be the wisest thing. Ever heard of the Salem Witch trials? I don't want to do a reenactment of that. I had enough fun reenacting the civil war in 8th grade. I'd suggest only using those if absolutely necessary.
I could read and tell the Enchanter's endgame as a bard if I need to. It's a good book and I could probably describe the books that come before it as well. I can also come up with stories,
I'm pretty creative and I'm really good at coming up with stuff. I can also sing a lot of random songs from Earth, however my singing is pretty bad.
We could also offer work to nearby towns. I can't do really heavy lifting but I have a good endurance.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-04, 01:06 AM
Pedro talk to the others, still a little distrustful that this is just a joke. "I believe the last fella here is right. We can't go assuming nothing, even if it is safe... Our best bet is to do what we know how to do. I worked in a farm once and I pretty much can do some work..."

He stops for a moment and curse in his mother language once more. "Porra. What am I saying. We don't even know if there is a way back right here and now! The natives don't appear to mind us not even a little. Why don't we ask first? That seems the best place to start before we assume crazy things..."

aje8
2009-12-04, 01:08 PM
Alan will walk with RJ to the Inn as he fully supports that plan.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-04, 07:59 PM
Alan and RJ walk into the nearest inn, up to the counter, and ask how much lodgings would cost.

"Well, depending on how good of a room you want, it's anywhere between 2 silver and 5 gold." The person at the counter smiles at you, in an obvious attempt to get you to buy a room.

aje8
2009-12-04, 08:02 PM
RJ nods, and heads towards the closest inn. Once inside, he will ask the innkeeper how much lodging costs, and whether he/she is willing to let the travelers work for their stay.
Any response to that part?

lostlittlebear
2009-12-04, 08:05 PM
RJ smiles back.

"Well," he says, "We'd love to get rooms from you, but the thing is we have only recently arrived in the city, and used up all our money travelling. Would we be able to work for our lodging? I am something of a renowned tale-spinner from where I come from, and my other friend knows plenty of epics from his ancient land. And if it's hard labour you require all of us are fit and in good shape."

(OOC: Diplomancy! [roll0]
Bluff (if required for the "renowned tale-spinner" and "epics" thing) [roll1])

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-04, 08:25 PM
"You could certainly work for your stay. Not quite sure what needs doing around here, but there's always something. Anything you're particularly good at?" He stops for a second, before adding, "Physically, I mean. We've got plenty of tale tellers."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-04, 08:49 PM
(OOC: meh, heavy lifting it is.)

RJ shrugs. Turning to the rest of the group, he asks, "YOu guys got any particular skills? Me, I can lift a heavy load and that's about it."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-04, 09:00 PM
"I am concerned that you 'require' my assistance without asking for my 'opinion' first. Yes, I could put down this entire establishment with a hammer, including everyone inside, but that's not the point. I would like to be asked if I am willing to. I am not a mindless NPC and this is not a game, its our life we are talking about here."

Being in shock and absorbing it for the first time, Pedro starts to shake, a state most uncalled for but yet predictable in a strange situation like this one. "You can be taking this fine or whatever, I won't. I want to go home and I want to go now!" He screams in a rude way waving his hands to the entire city to hear him, god, the entire world, for what could be the difference.

[Thought it would do us good to ROLEPLAY a little. And yeah, I meant it, or we roleplay ourselves or there is no point in this game.]

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-04, 09:52 PM
The person at the counter turns to Pedro, a confused look on his face. "What is an 'En Pee See'?"

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-04, 09:57 PM
He turns all shades of red. Not used to talking to strangers, the young boy just realized he'd exposed his feelings to half a world of fairytales.
"It's just a concept my people use. It means I have free will and I am not a device to evolve plot, the history of things."
Now, all out, he dares to ask; "Do you receive many strange visitors like us? I mean, you don't seem startled about my accent nor our clothes and strange belongings... Had you seen people like us before?"

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-05, 07:16 PM
The man smiles at you, and laughs lightly. "When you run an inn, you end up seeing all types of people."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-05, 10:40 PM
RJ decides to take a gamble upon hearing this piece of news.

Removing his IPhone from his bag, he turns it on and shows it to the man.

"Have you seen anything resembling this before?"

aje8
2009-12-05, 11:15 PM
Alan subtly steps on RJ's foot. The odds of that working are preposterous, Alan thinks to himself, and it risks getting us all killed.

Milskidasith
2009-12-06, 01:50 AM
Matthew, following the rest of the group, whispers to all of them so the inkeeper can't hear.

Well this has worked out brilliantly; we've managed to convince him we are probably insane and still have no place to stay or way to earn money.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-06, 09:23 AM
The innkeeper looks strangely at the group, confused by their reactions to RJ. "Yeah, I've seen something like that... it was a bit bigger though." He chuckles. "I told him should have used that bit of adamantine to make a weapon, or sell it or something, but he just kept it as a good luck charm."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-06, 10:20 AM
"Who was this he?" Pedro asks impatiently. "And where is he now?"

lostlittlebear
2009-12-06, 10:37 AM
RJ heaves a sigh of relief, and apologizes to Alan.

"Sorry for taking such a risk, I promise I won't do it again. Still, it paid off, didn't it?"

Presenting the Iphone to the innkeeper, he says, "How many days worth of food or lodging would you be prepared to give us in return for the adamant in this item?"

aje8
2009-12-06, 04:27 PM
"True, but don't be so results oriented. If I accept a deal that gives us a 99% chance of death and a 1% of making a million dollars, and I win a million dollars it doesn't make it a good deal. However, you've gained so very useful information. So I'm not upset or anything."

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-07, 08:26 PM
"Oh, he died. Wouldn't you know that he should have listened to me? Got killed by a creature weak to adamantine." He turns to RJ, "It depends on how good of a quality it is." He takes it from your hands, and begins examining it. It only takes him a few seconds to hand it back to you. "Ah, this isn't adamantine. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it doesn't look particularly strong or durable, or useful in any way. If you bought this from someone expecting adamantine, I'd suggest you go get a refund."

Milskidasith
2009-12-07, 08:36 PM
How does the D&D world know about plastics? The first plastic was made in the 1850s.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-07, 08:54 PM
RJ starts slightly at the mention of monsters.

"Are these parts dangerous then?"

Masterclick
2009-12-07, 10:17 PM
Nimaj comes out of the back of the group to ask the innkeeper, "If that is not enough to barter for a night stay, could this area use a messenger service? I can travel on foot pretty quickly across areas and I could easily copy down messages that people would want to send. Do you know of anyone that could use such a thing?"

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-08, 03:22 PM
"Oh no, the city itself isn't dangerous. He was an adventurer, those things happen, you know?" He turns to Nimaj. "I dunno, we've mostly got magic to take care of that, you know? And when the magic's too expensive, we've always got post..." He thinks for a few seconds. "But, if you offer me competitive prices..."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-08, 09:40 PM
"And how much would you consider "competitive"?"

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-08, 09:43 PM
"I'll tell you what, if you each deliver three packages, I'll let you stay for tonight. It won't be a great room, but it'll be something, at least."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-08, 10:10 PM
"Fine with me."

"What about you guys?"

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-09, 12:03 AM
"I think it is a good deal. I say we take it." Pedro stares suspicious at the innkeeper. "We can learn more about this whole mess while we attend to it."

aje8
2009-12-09, 12:40 AM
"I see no better solution. I agree."

Masterclick
2009-12-09, 01:16 AM
"Would it also include food to sate our hunger as well?"

Milskidasith
2009-12-09, 02:43 PM
I'm fine with delivering packages. If you wouldn't mind, though, could I put my stuff in my room before I go? A lot of it is pretty heavy, and I'd rather not carry it around.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-09, 06:22 PM
"Yeah, you'll get some food too. It'll likely just be some bread or something, nothing too fancy, though." He looks at you all quickly and notices that your possessions might get in the way. "Here's I'll show you to your rooms." He walks off, not bothering to check if you're actually following, taking a set of stairs down.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-09, 07:19 PM
RJ follows the innkeeper, eager to divest himself of his load.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-09, 07:24 PM
The South American boyo follows right behind. It would be bad to be lost in a strange place, worse yet to miss his only chance to sleep inside a roof.

"Ah cara, ficar falando em inglês o dia inteiro... Que merda, por acaso eu tenho cara de Jack Cham?"* he speaks to no ears besides his, obviously.

["Oh man, to speak in inglish all day long... What a chit, do I look like Jack Cham by any chance?" Obviously a reference to Jack Cham and his movies, which 50% are in inglish, a language he barely understands well enough.]

aje8
2009-12-09, 07:48 PM
Alan also follows the innkeeper. He walks in his signature very brisk, but relaxed walk.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-09, 08:25 PM
((Should any of you NOT want to follow him, just... I dunno, still feel free to say that.))

As you follow the inkeeper down, you notice that this area of the inn isn't quite that well kept. It's obvious that the lower quality rooms are down here. He leads you down several floors, only one floor up from the bottom. It's a bit chilly here. He opens up two doors, neither are locked and one is lacking a knob of any kind. One has two mattresses on the floor, and two blankets, and the other has three. "Like I said, not that great, but they should do. Feel free to put your stuff down. When you're ready, come see me." He turns around and walks back upstairs

lostlittlebear
2009-12-10, 12:27 AM
RJ gratefully dumps his load on the floor. Taking his phone and waterbottle with him, he follows the innkeeper upstairs

Masterclick
2009-12-10, 01:35 AM
Nimaj too drops his stuff, grabs his water bottle, 2 pieces of paper, and a pencil and returns back upstairs to the innkeeper.

aje8
2009-12-10, 02:28 PM
Alan drops the majority of himself as well, keeping his calcuulator, some pencils and other small objects in his pocket.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-10, 09:22 PM
Pedro watches everyone taking what they value and leaving what they might find a burden. He doesn't. He doesn't put down his pack, nor anything in his possession, but throws in one bed a strange magazine. "Dibs on this bed. Let's go." he says.

Milskidasith
2009-12-14, 12:24 AM
Matt drops his backpack, which hits the floor with a thud, and his soccer bag. He takes out a bottle of powerade, and returns with the rest of the people, ready to deliver packages.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-14, 03:05 PM
When you return to the keeper, you he has 25 variously shaped packages, broken into 5 piles of roughly the same sizes. "Since you're new in town, I wouldn't suggest taking more that one or two at a time; its easy to get lost in this town." He hands you each a package and gives you instructions on where to deliver them.

((Unless there's something specific you want to say to him or do while you're out (rob a bank or something, I dunno) then post that. If not, you next post should be you returning after delivering the packages.))

lostlittlebear
2009-12-14, 07:17 PM
RJ returns after a long day running around delivering packages, tired and sore but happy that they are finally doing something useful.

"I swear, I'm never going to laugh at postmen again - what they do isn't easy."

Masterclick
2009-12-14, 08:47 PM
Those who have already made it back, hear from a distance a wierd lyrical noice that are in sporadic bursts and not particularly of key coming from the direction that Nimaj had went. "...Isabella, Bring a Torch and swiftly run, Christ is born tell the folks of the Vineyard," The sound seems to stop right outside the inn's door. A sweaty Nimaj bursts through the room, and exclaims to those who have already returned, "Nothing like a rejuvinating run while singing Christmas Carols to put a positive spin on life."

aje8
2009-12-14, 09:03 PM
Alan returns, again at a pace somewhere between a walk and a run. He looks tired and a little sweaty, but doesn't complain.

OOC:

In the interest of getting my character to figure out that this is an RPG, I have a question: Did I see any specifically RPG related stuff on my walk? Magic Item shops, taverns with traditional parties in it, old grey cloaked mystery men? An arcane university? Anything like that.

Milskidasith
2009-12-15, 01:06 PM
Matt jogs in after delivering the final two of his packages, sweating a bit. Well, that was a bit boring, but I'm done now. I wonder if there's anything else to do in this town.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-17, 12:30 PM
Pedro is the last one to come back, sweating and panting. His packages weren't all that of a burden, but his stubbornness to rest the backpack had lent him an extra load to take in consideration. Nothing the boy was unused to do. "I hope they have showers here... Oh man, and to think I'd bought a new shower just last week. Era tão bom, parecia uma cachoeira.*"

The brazilian turns to talk to the innkeeper about their food and to ask one more question; "Please, tell me there is a bathroom somewhere nearby."

[*It was so good, like a waterfall. - Translations work in a strange way...]

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-17, 07:21 PM
In the interest of getting my character to figure out that this is an RPG, I have a question: Did I see any specifically RPG related stuff on my walk? Magic Item shops, taverns with traditional parties in it, old grey cloaked mystery men? An arcane university? Anything like that.

((Everybody did, but they may choose to delay the realization of what they saw until dramatically appropriate, if they wish. They can choose exactly what they saw, as well. As long as it's reasonable.))

The innkeeper nods to Pedro. "Around the back." He turns to address the entire rest of the group (and Pedro if he hasn't yet left). What great timing for you all to have arrived at the same time! I'll have somebody bring you your food, and thanks for delivering those packages." He returns to his book keeping, assuming* you all leave to return to your rooms.

((*What is this anachronism you speak of? I'm gonna let magic handwave this one.

*Him assuming, not me.))

lostlittlebear
2009-12-17, 09:57 PM
RJ gratefully heads back towards the rooms, chatting with the rest all the while.

"It's strange you know. Only my way back I heard someone cursing halflings. Almost like a D&D game."

aje8
2009-12-17, 11:34 PM
As they walk to the rooms:

"Yeah... I saw something indicating something similar. A party of burly heavily armed people drinking ale. Their weapons glowed with magic and one of them levitated the drink to his lips."

Masterclick
2009-12-19, 02:47 AM
I concur that this is appearing to be a dnd game. Although it looks like we are a stereotypical fantasy setting, I still suggest we treat it as a complete foreign experience due to all the different places we could have been placed.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-19, 01:37 PM
Pedro slightly ignore the others. Things are just too weird. He is probably the oldest of them all and yet he's the one who realizes what all this means; They are actually dead.

"To not see our friends and family again... it is just..." he doesn't finish his sentence and just take out his jacket and shirt, throwing it over the bed he chose before-hand. He takes his backpack with him, however.* He just walk straight to the bathroom, ignoring what is bubbling in the others mind.

[*I believe no one will want the description of a half-nude 19 years-old brazilian farm-boy with 14 str. :smallyuk: So, I will just bath. Enter only if you dare. :smallcool:]

aje8
2009-12-19, 11:48 PM
In character quote:

I concur that this is appearing to be a dnd game. Although it looks like we are a stereotypical fantasy setting, I still suggest we treat it as a complete foreign experience due to all the different places we could have been placed.
"Agreed. We still need to tread with extreme caution, though we've garnered an incredibly useful piece of data: We've been somehow transported into an RPG-like or possibly DnD-like realm. We could perhaps test this theory further by investigating the laws of the physics here. For example, in DnD, it is possible to move an object innumerable distance given enough people."

Milskidasith
2009-12-20, 12:53 AM
If this is D&D, we should probably find a way to start taking class levels... I have no doubt we're all squishy commoners or experts.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-20, 01:43 AM
"Wait wait wait. Hang on! It's one thing to see like random stereo-typical fantasy stuff, and another thing to be actually in a RPG. I don't see any hitpoints floating over my head, and I don't see anyone rolling dice. Looking LIKE a D&D world doesn't mean we actually are in one."

"For goodness sake man, surely you can't think our actions are being governed by DICE."

Masterclick
2009-12-20, 01:46 PM
No our actions are not governed by dice, but using the laws of statistics you can pretty well recreate the effects of dice. Ever see the TV show Numbers? It shows really well how math can be used to judge the human factor in life.
I'm not saying that we don't have free will, I believe we have the right to choose. But looking at past choices that a person has made, you can normally statistically decide what decisions someone is going to make when faced with a certain variable.

aje8
2009-12-20, 01:56 PM
"My point exactly. Life is statistics. Well, if we work on the assumption that this in fact an RPG World, then there is basically but one way to gain strength. Combat..... So, we track down some monster, team up on it, gain some levels and hope to survive."

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-21, 05:24 PM
As you talk amongst yourself, a young woman walks down the stairs and approaches you. She is carrying five glasses of water and a fairly large loaf of bread, along with a small bit of butter. "Here's your food, please enjoy!" She smiles cheerfully at you.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-21, 11:00 PM
RJ returns her smile.

"My dear," he says, addressing her,"My friends seem to be labouring under the supposition that your entire world is full of blood-thirsty warriors and dice. I hardly believe that it's possible that you have people here who go out and kill monsters for FUN, is it? Or that a person's health is governed a series of numbers which only they know."

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-22, 06:31 PM
The woman gets a strange look on her face. "Right... well then... have a nice day..." She walks away slowly, obviously a bit confused and disturbed.

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-22, 06:50 PM
[I am in a bathtub. ¬¬ Don't eat my food, you!]

Milskidasith
2009-12-22, 07:30 PM
No our actions are not governed by dice, but using the laws of statistics you can pretty well recreate the effects of dice. Ever see the TV show Numbers? It shows really well how math can be used to judge the human factor in life.
I'm not saying that we don't have free will, I believe we have the right to choose. But looking at past choices that a person has made, you can normally statistically decide what decisions someone is going to make when faced with a certain variable.

((as a response to this))

Actually, Numbers is significantly exaggerated, much like how Scrubs isn't a good view of an actual hospital or how House manages to avoid being fired or imprisoned for his actions at the hospital. Psychologial profiling only manages to make significant progress, let alone decide the outcome of the case, in around 1% of all crimes it's attempted in. It just doesn't work. However, if this is D&D, there are easy enough ways to test it... for example, we can just inquire about the prices of various goods. If the prices all match, we can assume it is D&D, and if that isn't enough, we can test other axioms, like the fact that I could probably break down a wooden door around 50% of the time by D&D rules.

Masterclick
2009-12-23, 12:30 AM
Yes, Numbers is extremely exaggerated, however that is assuming that we follow the same rules of logics that apply to the universe we have all grown up in. Who knows what rules of logic follow here. Things so far assume to follow the same rules of physics and other properties, but many properties are too minute too properly observe without proper scientific study as well as lab procedures that do not appear to exist in this town. Prices can often vary from place to place (I'll change prices depending on where my PC's are when I create a game, the only time they can buy stuff for the base amount is when creating a character or in a big city), also for 50% of the chance to knock down a door would take a lot of experiments to get an exact reading and it would require each of us to know what our strength would be. Who knows how the stats would be decided. Maybe someone rolled for us. Maybe some being used point buy. Maybe a group of forum goers decided arbitrarily what would make good stats for us. Who knows.
Without further evidence, I say we have to go with the assumption that we know absolutely nothing about our environment except for the fact it resembles a high fantasy setting with characteristics resembling the stereotypical high fantasy dungeon and dragons game.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-23, 11:06 AM
"Agreed. But you know what, what does it matter?"

"If we stand here blathering all day we're not going to get anything done. I propose we follow the lead of our friend Pedro, get a bath and turn in for the night."

"Tomorrow we can start looking for a way out of here."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-23, 12:00 PM
Pedro comes back from his bath using only underwear and shirt. ""Look, guys. All you gotta do is keep your clothes clean and dry and your belly full. So, I will just grab this bread and go to bed. If I am lucky I'm just going to wake up..."

He jumps on the bed he previously chose. "Also, they are out of any kind of hot water... I am going to make some changes here by tomorrow. And don't touch my clothes, they are drying there on the bathroom. If any of you got a towel you are lucky. I actually used a sheet I found, not sure what it was for." Sitting up he eat and drank his share of the rations, the bread was hard and old, the milk wasn't that good, but he eat with voracious hunger.

"Keep it simple, guys. If we think too much, we will get carried away. Also, good night. Don't make too much noise." The Brazilian turns his back to the rest and covers himself with the blanket, completely flea infested. He didn't stop to think about it. In a moment he was snoring silently.

[Three things I always do; 1- keep my backpack close. At all times. 2- sleep in light clothing, except for completely frozen nights. 3- bathing and eating before sleeping. So you can always assume I will do those things even if I don't mention them, TDF.]

aje8
2009-12-24, 07:30 PM
"Ok....... I'll take this bed." Said Alan, throwing his stuff on a bed at random. He then pulled a small paper back book out of his back-pack and began to read. The book was obviously relativley new and the cover was yellow and black. Across the front of the book "Small Favor" was written.

(If it's too dark to read, I'll retcon that. But if it's only partially dark, Alan will just deal with reading in limited light.)

Masterclick
2009-12-24, 08:11 PM
"I'll probably go to bed as well, nothing like a good night sleep to rejuvinate the soul. I'm going to go outside or to an empty table to read my scriptures. I always feel better reading in a secluded spot and this is pretty crowed. If you need me I'll either be near the front of the inn or in the tavern."
Nimaj then procedes to grab a black book with the words: "The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and walks out of the room. He then goes into the main part of the inn and sits down to read. Assuming nothing happens he come back in 30 minutes. If there isn't a open table (or no places to read) at the front of the inn, he goes outside and sits down with his back against the sides of one of the inn's walls.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-27, 04:38 PM
Your rest is uneventful, if a bit uneasy.

((Since I don't really know how you tend to wake up, this is for the first person/people to wake up. Not you, obviously, if you don't wake up early.))

You walk upstairs to meet the innkeeper. When you arrive, you find the innkeeper and an assistant tending to a bruised and bloody man. "I told ya not to fight him, son," says the innkeeper.

"But he deserved it, father," the bloodied man replies.

"Listen, he may be a jerk, but he hasn't done anything illegal, like you accuse him of. You need to learn to control your temper, until he finally does something illegal. I'm not gonna help you if you break your skull fighting him."

lostlittlebear
2009-12-27, 07:36 PM
(OOC: I wake up pretty early so I guess I'll post, though if anyone usually wakes up around 8ish too you're welcome to join.)

"Whoa," says RJ, looking over the scene through bleary eyes.

"Must've been some barfight. You okay?"

aje8
2009-12-27, 10:36 PM
(I sleep till noon unless my alarm clock wakes me for school or some such. so I won't post anything now)

Masterclick
2009-12-28, 12:35 AM
(OOC)
I can never sleep well the first time I go any where new. I'd probably wake up around 6, go to the bathroom, go back to bed and stare at the ceiling until someone else wakes up. I'm going to go along with RJ just for the sake of flow.

At seeing the bloodied man, Nimaj flinches a bit and looks a little grossed out. However, out of boredom he follows RJ over to the bloodied man. He mutters under his breath, "That's why violence isn't the answer."

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-29, 09:35 AM
The bloodied man nods at RJ. "I'm fine, just a bit beat up."

The innkeeper replies to Nimaj. "I told him not to fight. You think he'd listen to me, his father, but apparently he can't resist getting in a fight with someone who's saved his behind several times!"" The bloodied man scoffs.

"But father, he was threatening to walk out without paying!"

"He does that all the time, but he never goes through with it. You should have known better."

BavetteOfAgony
2009-12-29, 01:59 PM
(ooc: I will sleep like a tock until noon or someone else wakes me up, sooo... I will have to catch up with you guys later)

lostlittlebear
2009-12-29, 07:39 PM
"Who's this guy you're talking of? He seems to be some local town ruffian or something. Anyone we should watch out for?"

Milskidasith
2009-12-29, 10:12 PM
(I sleep until about 10).

Masterclick
2009-12-30, 12:30 AM
Commenting to the bloody man, Nimaj comments along with the innkeeper, "A singular loss of a paying customer is greater than the the cost that is derived from treating the injury and potential tavern brawl that results from a confronting someone about it. Also, if he has saved your life, one can assume you two are friends or compatriots. Does a bar tab have more worth than a friend?"

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-30, 08:13 AM
The innkeeper turns to RJ. "A ruffian? Dear gods no! He's a hero, he's fended off attacks on the city and assisted the town guard many times when needed! He just has a rough personality, is all!"

The bloodied man scoffs at Nimaj. "He's no friend of mine! He's a fraud, that's what he is, taking credit for what others have done! And then he has the nerve to even imply he might not pay?"

lostlittlebear
2009-12-30, 08:55 AM
RJ chuckles.

"Sounds like some of the guys I know back home."

Maybe this man can help us with our problems... After all, if he's so 'heroic' surely he can't turn away people in distress?

"Where could I find this man? We have some problems we could use some help with."

Masterclick
2009-12-31, 03:17 AM
"I've met some men like who you are describing, Nimaj calmly replies to the bloody guy, "they often only do what they do to spark a reaction out of those who they are interacting with. Ignore outbursts like this and soon he shall stop doing large and flamboyant actions."
"So anyways, what is your name, I'm tired of using the bloody guy in my description you appear to be a passionate guy who would make a valuable friend in this town which I have only recently entered."

OOC
Expect me to start talking in more and more of a mixture of some old english and some new english. I already mix them up a bit in my speech, and when I am not surrounded by a lot of technology, I mix them up more and more.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-31, 09:30 AM
The bloodied man glares at RJ. "He's gone to the tavern, no doubt to try and find some job he can take credit for!" His father simply sighs and walks back to his desk. The man continues talking, not noticing his father's action, and motions to Nimaj. "Your friend here is very intelligent! If you need assistance with something, simply ask me, Lloyd!"

Milskidasith
2010-01-01, 01:56 PM
((What time is it ingame?))

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-01, 03:09 PM
((What time is it ingame?))

Around 8:30.

Milskidasith
2010-01-01, 09:53 PM
*doesn't snore, but still stays asleep.*

lostlittlebear
2010-01-01, 10:21 PM
Addresing Nimaj, RJ says, "Perhaps we should head to the tavern and check this man out. He might be able to help us with our problems."

Masterclick
2010-01-02, 03:18 AM
Nimaj pauses a moment to think about RJ's question. "I'm not sure that a local hero would be able to aid us find our way home. However, it probably won't hurt to find out. We probably should make sure that the other know where we are going, I can leave a note for them, I have paper in my backpack. We probably should also make sure we are able to produce a place to sleep tonight before we go off on some wild errand to return home. I don't know what it will take, but I'm confident that returning home will take much longer than one day's time."

lostlittlebear
2010-01-02, 05:10 AM
"True."

Turning to the innkeeper, Rj asks, "Would you let us stay another night if we delivered more messages for you again?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-04, 10:14 PM
Lloyd interrupts his father, replying directly to RJ. "If you don't have money to stay, I would gladly pay for your rooms until you find a reliable source of income!" He stands up straight and strikes an overly proud pose.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-05, 05:40 AM
RJ bows floridly.

"Really? Why thank you! I can't tell you how much this means to us. I promise we'll find some way of repaying you, once we work our way around here."

Heh, sucker...

BavetteOfAgony
2010-01-06, 12:26 PM
*Sleeping like a demon*

Masterclick
2010-01-06, 09:00 PM
"Thanks" Nimaj thanks Lloyd

OOC
Sorry about slow responce and bad update. This week has been really crappy and I haven't had much time.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-09, 02:50 AM
Beckoning to Nimaj, RJ heads out of the inn, in search of the tavern and this "local hero".

Masterclick
2010-01-10, 07:30 PM
Nimaj follows RJ

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-10, 08:12 PM
It is roughly a half an hour before you find the tavern ((it's now about 9:10)). When you enter, it's more or less empty. There's one small group of three huddled around a table, speaking quietly, and one man, dressed in armor with a sword slung over his back speaking proudly to the barkeep, who is obviously uninterested.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-10, 11:53 PM
Taking a seat, RJ motions for Nimaj to do the same. Making a mock sigh, he speaks loudly and in a troubled tone.

"What are we going to do, Nimaj? We'll never get home at this rate and there's no one who can help us."

(OOC: Do I make Rolls?)

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-12, 05:57 PM
The man stands up from his seat and turns to you. "Need help getting home, eh? I've done more difficult deeds than that! It should be no trouble for someone of my caliber! I am Riku, and I shall assist you!" He speaks in a loud, overly dramatic voice, obviously trying to get attention from all 4 other people in the bar.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-13, 07:12 AM
RJ stands up, bowing floridly.

"Thank you for your offer of assistance, kind sir, but I fear that helping us might be beyond your means."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-13, 07:11 PM
"Bah! Even if it were, which I severely doubt, there can't be any harm in trying! Please, and I won't take no for an answer, allow me to assist you! Why don't you buy a few drinks and tell me your problems?"

Masterclick
2010-01-13, 09:15 PM
Nimaj will let RJ do most of the talking to Riku and probably won't start talking unless talked to directly or if he has something he really wants to say.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-14, 12:39 AM
"I know this may sound rather silly, but my friends and I come from another world - maybe even another plane of existence. All of us were suddenly transported here, by magic presumably, and we can't figure out how to get home."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-14, 08:55 PM
"Another plane of existence, eh? What kind of world do you come from? Perhaps from the World of Flames? Or maybe the Mirror World? If you describe it, it might be easier to figure out how to get you home!"

lostlittlebear
2010-01-15, 12:15 AM
"It's a world much like this place, but only a world with only humans - no dwarves, elves or other races. There's no magic in this world either, only machines and technology. I'm not sure how the geography differs from this world, but in our language we call it 'Earth', if you've heard of it."

"What's this Mirror World you describe? Perhaps that might be where we come from. It does in many ways seem like a reflection of this one."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-16, 04:22 PM
Riku shakes his head. "I've not heard of such a world, it certainly isn't the Mirror World. Worry not though, although I do have not inconsiderable knowledge from my adventures, I do not know everything! Perhaps your world has simply escaped my knowledge? And even if nobody knows of it yet, new planes of existence are being discovered every day, so fret not!"

lostlittlebear
2010-01-19, 06:39 AM
RJ smiles, thanking the man.

"So how would we go around finding our way back to our plane? I know nothing of extraplanar travel."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-20, 09:00 PM
"Unfortunately, it seems that you'll need to wait until somebody discovers your home plane. I'm not quite sure how long this could take, if it ever happens, so you should likely get ready for a long wait." He waits a second, before adding, "Don't worry though! I'm sure somebody will discover it eventually!"

aje8
2010-01-20, 10:57 PM
(I've randomly decided to get up now. Sleeping is getting boring.)

Alan awakened to a loud bird call outside his window. Rapidly, he pulled on his clothes, realizing with disgust that he had no change of clothing. He walks directly to the lobby-typa-room of the inn and (assuming he's not interrupted by any strange people, events or sights) will ask the innkeeper a casual question, "Is there a mage's guild or anything of that sort in this town?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-21, 08:03 PM
"I'm not sure if it's a guild, but I know there's a group of mages at the end of this road. Just take a left as soon as you leave." The innkeeper is silent for a moment, before speaking again. "You know, it hadn't struck me until just know, but those are some pretty strange clothes. Where did you say you were from?"

aje8
2010-01-21, 10:27 PM
"Oh, we're forgeiners from a country far across the sea called Earth. Where I come from, this is considered pretty standard clothing." Alan says all of this with an absolutely straight face, but he's becoming a bit nervous.

OOC:

At this point, Alan will leave for the mages guild unless the Innkeeper says anything else. If the Innkeeper has anything else to say, we'll continue this conversation.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-21, 11:53 PM
"Gah! That sucks."

RJ slumps into his chair.

"I don't suppose there's any way we can speed up the process?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-24, 07:49 PM
"Oh, we're forgeiners from a country far across the sea called Earth. Where I come from, this is considered pretty standard clothing." Alan says all of this with an absolutely straight face, but he's becoming a bit nervous.

OOC:

At this point, Alan will leave for the mages guild unless the Innkeeper says anything else. If the Innkeeper has anything else to say, we'll continue this conversation.

The innkeeper looks strangely at you for a moment, but says nothing.

You find a tall tower at the directions given to you by the innkeeper. You aren't quite sure how you didn't notice it before, as it stretches far into the sky. There is a sign on the door stating "Knock twice and enter" in elegant writing. There is a strange inscription around the doorway.

(If you speak Latin or Draconic, now establishing that Latin = Draconic)
"The Magical Research Tower"

"Gah! That sucks."

RJ slumps into his chair.

"I don't suppose there's any way we can speed up the process?"

"Not unless you take up inter-planar adventuring, and, no offense meant, you don't seem to be the type for that!"

aje8
2010-01-24, 08:55 PM
(I don't speak Latin..... just a bit of Spanish)
Alan does, in fact, knock twice on the door and walk inside.

Milskidasith
2010-01-24, 09:19 PM
((Does knowing Latin stems count as partial latin? For instance, I could understand that any word containing "Port" would involve carrying, "tele" would mean far, "ambul" involves walking, "hyper" means under, etc. Basically, if I saw Latin IRL, I could partially figure out what the words meant, or get a general meaning, due to English vocabulary.))

Anyway, Matthew wakes up due to the conversation going on, wearing his soccer uniform. He turns at the innkeeper and begins to speak.

((Typing in purple now, I forgot my old one.))

Well, I'm at a loss for things to do, but if this is a land with magic, I might as well take up a bit of it myself. Do you have directions to a place with... I'm not sure what the word would be, but Telepaths? Psychics? Psions? Any people who could do things with their mind only... it seems like it would be a useful skill to pick up.

Masterclick
2010-01-25, 12:25 AM
Deciding that Riku may not be able to help them out, Nimaj hopes that maybe he could get directions to someone who could, "Well, I can positively tell you I'm already not big on interplanar travel with how its turned out for me so far, but if it could get me back home I would be up for it. Do you know of anyone I could talk to about interplaner travel? Maybe not to participate in it, but to ask about their experiences while traveling?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-25, 07:05 PM
Alan

The door opens, and a voice calls from within, "Enter." There is a man standing there, in robes. "I expected you to come."

(Since Matthew woke up because of the conversation, I'd say he's only a bit behind you so would be walking up any second.)

Matthew

(Use what you think you'd be able to draw from it. Obviously, this leads a lot up to you. I trust you all not to abuse this.)

"The Mages might have somebody... sounds like what they do. Take a left, the tower at the end of the road." He thinks for a moment. "This "Earth" you come from... where exactly is it?"

Nimaj

"The Mages at the tower might be able to help you if you ask them. They're involved quite a bit in this type of thing!"

Milskidasith
2010-01-25, 08:48 PM
Earth is... huh. Relative to here, I'm not really sure. It's a round planet, most of the surface is covered in water. A lot of things that would probably be done with magic here are done with technology; we can burn oil to power machines that can let us travel at massive speeds, or dig into the ground, or do other things. It's hard to explain.

lostlittlebear
2010-01-25, 08:59 PM
"I guess we'll have to head there then. Thank you so much for your help!"

RJ stands up, beckoning to Nimaj.

Shall we?

aje8
2010-01-25, 09:07 PM
"Expected me to come? Through some form of divination or some such? Also, who are you? Regardless, I have several inquiries to make regarding magic."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-26, 10:06 PM
Matthew

"...alright then... have fun with the mages..." It's obvious that the innkeeper doesn't quite believe you.

Alan
"Not as such, no. I've always had a knack for sensing those with power... I can tell that you and your friends have untapped potential... but ask your questions. I'll do my best to answer them."

aje8
2010-01-27, 04:23 PM
Alan gives the mage a contemplative look when he speaks of their potential. Then his face returns to normal and he speaks in a measured and respectful tone. "First is a bit down to earth. Do you take apprentices and for what cost? My second question is aside from the tremendous work and study, is there any physical or mental cost to working magic. Finally, has anyone worked any large works of magic recently?"

My thoughts on the last one being that some powerful spell could have accidently or intentionally grabbed us from our world and flung us here. My thoughts on the first should be obvious. The 2nd is my character trying to figure out if there's any physcial exertion or other sideffect to using magic this world, ala Eragon.

Masterclick
2010-01-27, 11:11 PM
Follow RJ, Nimaj says, Sure, lets go.

Milskidasith
2010-01-28, 06:27 PM
Matthew jogs in behind Alan, standing behind him. He manages to pick up on the questions he asked, and waits for an answer to them, figuring they were about what he wanted to know anyway.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-01, 09:05 PM
The man chortles. "I can tell you know exactly what you want. I cannot remember any large works of magic being enacted recently, but it is a large world and there are many things I know not. As for costs to magic, not for most magics. Only for the old and powerful magics are there costs. And apprentices... it is not in my nature... but you and your friends intrigue me... perhaps I shall break from my normal behavior..."

aje8
2010-02-03, 05:20 PM
"What would I or we I guess have to do to earn such an apprenticeship?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-06, 06:37 PM
"...I'm not sure. Perhaps I teach you for an amount of time and we see what to do then? But you must make sure your other friends also wish this. I shall help you all, or I shan't help any of you. And there are two of your friends now." Nimaj and RJ arrive at this time.

((Everyone check the OOC))

Milskidasith
2010-02-22, 10:48 PM
Looks like everybody is here, now. This man is offering to teach us, but it's an all or nothing deal. I say we take him up on his offer; it's not like we have anything to lose but time.

Matthew drops his soccer bag and takes out a red powerade, sipping on it while he waits for the others to respond.

aje8
2010-02-23, 07:05 PM
"As is likley implied by my requesting it in the first place, I'm in."

Masterclick
2010-02-23, 09:31 PM
It's not like I've anything else to do while I'm here. Its good to fill up your time with stuff. I'm in.

lostlittlebear
2010-02-26, 09:57 AM
RJ nods.

"I'm not sure if magic will work for us too - but if it does, I've always had a dream of being a mage."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-27, 03:19 PM
"Good. As you are all in agreement, I shall teach you. Unfortunately... I cannot teach you as you are. I am not sure why, but you all are... different... you have the potential for great power, but it is locked deep within. I will need time to prepare a spell... two hours will suffice."

((You all have an hour to do anything you want, if there even is anything. I dunno, explore the city or something? If I receive no reply by tomorrow, I'll assume you have nothing you wish to do and will just move on.))

Masterclick
2010-02-27, 08:43 PM
Nimaj tries to get the other guys to join an intense game of red rover and/or capture the flag.

lostlittlebear
2010-02-27, 11:49 PM
"Red rover? How do you play that?"

aje8
2010-02-28, 12:11 AM
"I'm a fan of capture the flag."

(Also, I assume we're not in the Wizard's tower right now.)

Masterclick
2010-02-28, 01:23 AM
Nimaj looks at Alan and RJ, Hmm, since RJ doesn't play Red Rover, lets just play capture the flag. Maybe we can get some of town members to get a game going. Sound good to you Matthew?

Milskidasith
2010-03-02, 10:41 PM
Fair enough. I'm fine with trying capture the flag. Now... what will the teams be?

aje8
2010-03-03, 04:18 PM
"Random decision I guess?"

Perhaps we should skip the two hours and get back to that Wizard..... the capture the flag game is not super revelant IMO

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-03, 08:35 PM
After your rather impromptu game of capture the flag, you all return to the wizard. He smiles at you. "What wonderful timing, I have just finished... I must cast the spell immediately, less the magical energies be wasted. Be warned that this may hurt a bit, but it shall pass quickly and is absolutely necessary." He makes a quick, intricate movement with his hands, which glow blue. Tendrils extend from his hand, one for each of you, and they approach you. Nimaj, Alan, and Matthew, the tendrils move to your forehead, and RJ, the tendril moves to your heart. Quickly, they move through your body, as your brains and heart are wracked with pain. Before the end of the minute, the pain is gone, and you feel as if you can harness powers you could not before.

((Nimaj, increase your Intelligence to 16. Everybody gets +2 to any stat (or +1 to any two stats, I suppose, Nimaj gets this as well.) Everyone gain the first level of their chosen class (RJ, know that I houserule spontaneous casters getting extra known spells equal to their extra spells per day). Unfortunately for Matthew and Nimaj, you don't have (spell/prayer)books at the moment, but I'll fix this quickly.))

aje8
2010-03-03, 11:00 PM
(It's unfortunate for the resident Wizard here as well. So...... do we get skill points, hp, ect. just as though we're level Expert 1/Whatever 1s now? Or do we REPLACE our Expert 1 level with a whatever 1 level? Regardless, I choose +2 Int.)

"Woah......" Said Alan as knowledge flooded into his brain. "That was different." Reviewing his own mind, Alan realizes there are things in there.... that are unfamiliar, strange. It is an extremely weird sensation to remember something and be confused as to why you can remember it. "I suddenly know things..... about magic. What?" Quickly, Alan returns to his old inquisitive self however. "Was that knowledge transfer thing a one time deal or can you transmit any knowledge at any time? If it's repeatable, such a thing would be extremely useful. Tele-communication, instant learning, reform of criminals by literally putting a conscience into the head..... the implications would be tremendous."

lostlittlebear
2010-03-04, 08:30 AM
(I choose +2 Cha)

RJ stands up violently, grabbing the wizard by his lapel.

"I'll let it go this time, because I consented to it - but NEVER EVER do that to me again."

Shivering, RJ heads to find some clean water to wash the feeling of violation away from his skin.

Milskidasith
2010-03-04, 02:00 PM
((Nimaj, increase your Intelligence to 16. Everybody gets +2 to any stat (or +1 to any two stats, I suppose, Nimaj gets this as well.) Everyone gain the first level of their chosen class (RJ, know that I houserule spontaneous casters getting extra known spells equal to their extra spells per day). Unfortunately for Matthew and Nimaj, you don't have (spell/prayer)books at the moment, but I'll fix this quickly.))[/QUOTE]

((Psions don't use spellbooks. I pick +2 int, BTW. Speaking of spontaneous casters getting bonus spells known, do psions get bonus powers known? How would it work, anyway? Same bonus spells as a normal caster, just divided over powers instead?))

Matthew holds his head between his hands. The pain was... bad. He'd had migranes like that, but far less severe. But now... he felt like he could do things he couldn't do before. Incredible things.

He thought, "This is going to be fun."

Masterclick
2010-03-06, 07:37 PM
(Net increase of Int to 18; I second aje's question on hp/skills)

A surge of knowledge rushed through Nimaj's brain, ideas that, although he grasped pretty well before, his understanding of them was unbounded. Possibilities and ideas of many things sprang up. Nimaj offered a silent prayer of thanks in return for granting him the opportunity to meet one who could open up the world.

"Thank you, for this great knowledge you have bestowed upon me," Nimaj thanked the wizard after having his thoughts cleared.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-06, 09:13 PM
((Ah, I guess my mind wasn't quite as clear as I thought it was. I meant to put Wizard's name, not Psion's. Oh well. This level is just as if you were gaining your second class level, completely normal.

Also, I don't think Psions should get extra powers known. The reason Sorcs get them is mostly because they're supposed to be so versatile, but... only get 1 spell when they get a new level, and don't end up with too many anyway. Not to mention Sorcs are stuck to a strict spells-per-day while Psions can manifest whatever power as many times as they want (within power point reserve), and that Psions can take feats to expand their powers known and power point reserve, and yeah. If you want to argue a case though, I'm always open for a discussion.))

The man says nothing as RJ grabs him; he's obviously exhausted from casting the spell. He drops to his knees when RJ lets go, breathing heavily. "Not a transfer... I had to unlock... your inherit abilities. You've always... had these powers... deep down."

aje8
2010-03-06, 10:54 PM
"Thank you....... time to try it out." Alan concentrates, focusing his entire being on a single rock just outside. He feels the forces of the universe converging on that rock as his inherent magical potential binds them to his will. Alan opens his eyes hoping to see a rock floating in mid-air. Nothing of the sort happens. "I'm sorry to pester after you've been such a large help to us, but what is the nature of magic here? Do I need to see some arcane words or wave a channelling device or some such?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-09, 05:45 PM
"It depends largely on the spell you wish to cast... some require complex movements to unleash the magic, while others do not. Some require mystical words be spoken, others do not. However, you will not be able to case spells at this time... the powers I unlocked for you are not functional immediately. You will most likely need to... 'half-cast', if you will, any spells you will wish to cast during the day, and will likely need a book for reference. I will supply said book for you when I begin teacher you all..." The man thinks for a moment, before adding, "Unless, of course you do not wish further help from me, and would rather learn your abilities by yourself. I do not advise this path, but do not allow my warnings to keep you from doing what you wish."

aje8
2010-03-10, 08:09 PM
"Hum.... interesting. I would be delighted to learn from the man who unlocked my abilities. Assuming my comrades agree, do you need time to recuperate or are you ready to begin such teaching now?"

lostlittlebear
2010-03-11, 07:51 AM
Stalking back from his wash, RJ stares at the wizard sullenly.

"So what did you do to me? The tentacles went to my heart, not my brain."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-11, 03:51 PM
"I would require a few minutes to prepare, but I should be able to teach you without much of a delay." When RJ re-enters, the man turns to him. "Merely a matter of where your power lie. You friends have their powers in their mind, and yours is in your heart... so to speak."

lostlittlebear
2010-03-12, 03:07 AM
"Yea gods, you mean I'm like that wimpy guy from Captain Planet with the power of HEART?"

Chuckling, RJ sits down, putting his discomfort behind him.

"Oh well, it can't hurt to learn how to use whatever it is you've 'unlocked'."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-18, 06:24 PM
The man reacts strangely when you mention Captain Planet. Mostly like you would expect, as if he has no clue what you're talking about, but also a bit as if he were reacting to a very lame joke. Before you can say anything about this, however, he speaks, "Right, I shall be back in a few minutes and I shall teach you how to use your powers. Allow me to gather a few things. Stay here." He leaves, and assuming you do nothing of great importance for the few minutes he is gone for, he comes back several minutes later carrying a book under his arms. "Right then... RJ, Alan, Matthew... who wants to learn how to use their powers first? A mere... 'crash course' so to speak, for now, but it should not take long for you all to grasp the basics."

Milskidasith
2010-03-19, 10:40 PM
I'd be fine with learning how to use my powers first. There's not too much else to do here.

lostlittlebear
2010-03-20, 02:40 AM
"I'll settle for second place."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-20, 04:26 PM
"Alright then. I will attempt to be as simple as possible with my explanations, as controlling new powers is difficult, even for those who already have them. You, Matthew, have direct access to the power of your mind. The mind is an incredibly powerful tool, but most fail to grasp even a fraction of its power. Although you are nowhere near grasping its full power (something which I believe is impossible) you now can utilize it far much more that the average person. You must concentrate, feel deep into the confines of your mind for your power. Once you can feel it, you must picture yourself pulling some of the power and manifesting it into the intended effect. This may be difficult at first, as your new powers are sure to be utterly foreign to you. I want you to try it now."

aje8
2010-03-20, 10:06 PM
Alan stands at the sidelines, watching closely, as the Mage explains Mathew's powers. He is annoyed to go last, but such is life. Obviously, he needs to concentrate on the situation at hand. He can pour over the details of the knowledge in his head later.

EDIT: Fix'd. Have I mentioned I'm terrible with names IRL? Apparently that carried over to my character's thoughts in game.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-21, 07:23 AM
...Mage explains Nimaj's powers...

Matthew's powers.

Milskidasith
2010-03-23, 12:36 AM
((Sorry for the delays, school, soccer, etc.))

Matthew concentrates, his brow furrowing. He places his hands to his temples, and begins to concentrate, attempting to move a nearby paperweight. Slowly, the paperweight begins to wobble, and Matthew seems to focus more intently.

Suddenly, the paperweight shatters, and a spray of glass shoots forward, bouncing off the wall. As the glass tinkles down, Matthew notices the wall is slightly scratched from the impact, and the glass seems to be unusually sharpened and in medium sized chunks, rather than the random arrangement usually created by broken glass.

That wasn't exactly what I planned... but it seems like I can do something, anyway. Glass doesn't normally explode like this, either. I'd test it again, but... you know, destroying other peoples property on purpose probably isn't a good idea. Come to think of it, I should probably clean this mess up.

((Out of context: I took a generic magic ability, levitating objects, and screwed it up... and wound up basically manifesting crystal shard.))

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-23, 06:17 PM
The man shakes his head and dismissively waves his hand at you. The same motion appears to activate a spell, gathering all the shards of glass and reforming it, putting it back to its original spot. "Your powers are new, I do not blame you. I should note now that more specific and potent uses of your new powers are likely to be much more difficult to manifest than more general, 'worthless', if you will, uses." He looks as though he is about to move on, but he quickly adds one last thing, "Also, you may find that, early on at least, you will only be able to muster small amounts of energy. This is to be expected. As you practice more, you will have more energy and be more skilled at using it." With this, his introduction to you is truly done, and he turns to RJ.

"I must admit, I am not quite as versed in knowledge of the powers I have unlocked in you than in those of your compatriots, but I shall do my best to convey my knowledge." He pauses for a few moments to gather his thoughts. "On the surface, some of your powers may seem similar to those of Matthew's... you too have a store of energy, but yours is stored in your heart. If I am correct, you will be able to manifest this energy in two ways; as simple spells and as a motivator. I want you to try the first, which should be almost identical to how Matthew can manifest his powers."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-28, 09:51 AM
((Derp de derp, moving on... we'll just assume RJ did whatever and succeeded.))

"Like that, yes. Good job. As I said before, I am not quite familiar with those who wield the arcane powers in your manner, so I may not be the greatest help. Still, I hope I can help somewhat." With RJ's introduction now essentially done, he turns to Alan and hands him the book. "Your powers... will be a bit more complicated. Although you did have a talent allowing you to wield the arcane magics, you can't quite summon them yourself. That book contains some basic arcane writings for you to study, they should help you. Essentially... you must 'half cast' spells, keeping them readied in your mind, and finish them when you wish to full unleash them. It will obviously be more difficult for you to practice right now, because of the way you need to wield the energies, but I hope my explanation has helped somewhat. Take a look through the book."

aje8
2010-03-28, 11:46 AM
Alan begins looking through the spell book, "Unreal" he mutters to himself as he turns the pages excitedly.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-15, 06:38 PM
The man nods. "Surely this magical knowledge will be a bit confusing, so I am here if you have an questions. I do hope I have not made it too confusing."

aje8
2010-04-21, 03:20 PM
To the teacher, "That would be excellent. Are we safe to return to where we're staying or would you suggest we stay here until we learn to control our powers better?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-22, 05:29 PM
"You should be fine to leave for now. As long as you are very careful, you should not have any mishaps with the powers."