PDA

View Full Version : Str or Con instead of Will to Saves?

NekoJoker
2009-12-02, 09:08 PM
Maybe I'm just delussional or something but I believe I read somewhere about afeat that would allow you to use Strenght or COnstitution modifier instead or Wisdom for the Will saves? Am I correct? If so, can anyone tell me where this thing is?
Btw, this is D&D 3.5. Just in case
thx

erikun
2009-12-02, 09:12 PM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871590/X_stat_to_Y_bonus

Formatting is all weird, so perhaps it has been reprinted elsewhere. From what I'm seeing:

Channeled Rage (Races of Destiny p150) STR as Willpower Save
Perfected One (Dragons #297 p56 EPIC) CON for Willpower saves (while unarmoured)
Warforged Paladin sub 2 (Races of Eberron p132) Con bonus to Will save
Steadfast Determination (Players Handbook II) CON to Will saves
Moment of Perfect Mind (Tome of Battle p63) Concentration check instead of will save

Belobog
2009-12-02, 09:13 PM
Maybe I'm just delussional or something but I believe I read somewhere about afeat that would allow you to use Strenght or COnstitution modifier instead or Wisdom for the Will saves? Am I correct? If so, can anyone tell me where this thing is?
Btw, this is D&D 3.5. Just in case
thx

I can't recall the name, but the feat you're looking for is in the Player's Handbook II.

And ninja'd. Steadfast Determination was the feat, by the way.

NekoJoker
2009-12-02, 09:44 PM
Excelent! most Excelent!! MUA HA HA HA now my One-shot frenzied berserker won't be a TPK... so fast
hahaha
thxs for the advice guys. d(-.-)b

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 12:29 AM
Excelent! most Excelent!! MUA HA HA HA now my One-shot frenzied berserker won't be a TPK... so fast
hahaha
thxs for the advice guys. d(-.-)b

If you get a level of Warblade, you can also get Action Before Thought, which will let you do a Concentration instead of a Reflex Save. Now, you get Con to all three saves.

Douglas
2009-12-03, 07:25 AM
If you get a level of Warblade, you can also get Action Before Thought, which will let you do a Concentration instead of a Reflex Save. Now, you get Con to all three saves.
Can't use that while raging, though, so probably not that much use to his Frenzied Berserker. Rage prevents using the Concentration skill.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-03, 09:56 AM
Can't use that while raging, though, so probably not that much use to his Frenzied Berserker. Rage prevents using the Concentration skill.

But it's useful for when you're not raging. After all, when raging, you have deathless frenzy and increased Con. Pick up a heal at the end, and you're fine. When not raging, you have improved reflex save.

Douglas
2009-12-03, 10:49 AM
Formatting is all weird, so perhaps it has been reprinted elsewhere.
Take a look in the Notable Threads sticky in this forum and follow the link.