PDA

View Full Version : Pomegranate 7-UP (And other seasonal flavors)

BizzaroStormy
2009-12-02, 10:02 PM
Recently I ent to my local Speedwy and saw something interesting on the shelf. Pomegranate flavored 7UP...needless to say, it is just shy of ambrosia. This of course resurfaced memories of the sour grape Mountain Dew that was released for halloween a few years back which, for some reason, never made a return.

Anywho, what does the playground think of these seasonal flavors of drinks that disappear after only a couple months?

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-02, 10:04 PM
Recently I ent to my local Speedwy and saw something interesting on the shelf. Pomegranate flavored 7UP...needless to say, it is just shy of ambrosia. This of course resurfaced memories of the sour grape Mountain Dew that was released for halloween a few years back which, for some reason, never made a return.

Anywho, what does the playground think of these seasonal flavors of drinks that disappear after only a couple months?

Often horrible, with a few gems that make me hate the company for discontinuing them.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-02, 10:05 PM
Cranberry Sierra Mist is so fantastic, it makes me happy to be alive.

And then it disappears in January D=

Mr. Mud
2009-12-02, 10:22 PM
Cranberry Sierra Mist is so fantastic, it makes me happy to be alive.

And then it disappears in January D=

Actually, the Sam's Club up here sells it year round... If it didn't, I'd buy 80 bottles in the winter :smalltongue:.

BizzaroStormy
2009-12-02, 10:25 PM
I just miss the discontinued Midnight Mountain Dew. I know many people who are fairly pissed about it being discontinued. Makes me wonder why they did it in the first place.

Kneenibble
2009-12-02, 10:48 PM
This smoothie and juice joint, Booster Juice, makes an apple crisp smoothie this time of year with red delicious apples, vanilla yogurt, and cinnamon. Sooo good and it tastes alarmingly like apple crisp which is one of my favourite desserts anyways.

But the pomegranate, the fruit itself, is one of the good lord's own seasonal flavours that defies your high-fructose mimicry! Would that those distant oriental groves bear them hence more often... :smallfrown: Man, I sure wish I could stain my mouth with one right now.

Jack Squat
2009-12-02, 10:56 PM
I just miss the discontinued Midnight Mountain Dew. I know many people who are fairly pissed about it being discontinued. Makes me wonder why they did it in the first place.

You mean Pitch Black (II)? That was among my favorite ones.

Found a can of it in the back of a friend's fridge about a year ago. Unfortunately, it had leaked :smallfrown:

Pocketa
2009-12-02, 11:49 PM
I like World of Warcraft Mountain Dew.

Do those count as seasonal?

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-02, 11:57 PM
I like World of Warcraft Mountain Dew.

Do those count as seasonal?

Depends. How does it taste?

Nomrom
2009-12-03, 12:06 AM
At first, I thought this was a joke. Are they seriously making pomegranate 7-up?

BizzaroStormy
2009-12-03, 12:08 AM
At first, I thought this was a joke. Are they seriously making pomegranate 7-up?

Yeah, its pretty good. Whats better is I can get it within 100 yards of my house for $1 per 2 liter bottle.

Nomrom
2009-12-03, 12:17 AM
Now, I have to try and find this stuff. It sounds pretty good, and kind of weird.

Quincunx
2009-12-03, 08:31 AM
What the--? That stuff was available around here last year, and then vanished! Now you're telling me it's turned up on the other side of the Atlantic? I knew it. We ARE a test market. The flavor's not much related to the actual taste of pomegranate, but for an artifical flavor, it's enjoyable, with little chemical taste. (World of Warcraft Mountain Dew: Chemical. Sits in the hierarchy of flavor thus: WoW Dew > Refreshing swig of H2SO4 > Other Novelty Mt. Dew > Dying of thirst > Regular Mt. Dew.)

BizzaroStormy
2009-12-03, 08:36 AM
You could always just have somebody send you some, though it would probably get shaken up a bit on the way there.

KuReshtin
2009-12-03, 09:03 AM
[mental note]
Need to go to IKEA and buy bottles and bottles of 'Julmust'.
[/mental note]

valadil
2009-12-03, 10:03 AM
This year's batch of Sam Adams Winter Lager is amazing. I'd always heard it rated highly, but this is the first time I took notice. Summer Ale was pretty decent, but nothing special and I didn't care for the Octoberfest one at all.

Starscream
2009-12-03, 10:09 AM
I love this weird seasonal stuff. Don't know if I'd drink it all year, but it makes a nice change from the normal stuff.

But there's no excuse for discontinuing the Shamrock Shake after March. How is it "Minty" is too seasonal for me to have it year round? Stores don't stop selling mint chocolate chip ice cream and it's the same stuff.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-03, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out where PirateJesus is from so I know whether to look for this Pomegranate 7-UP at my local supermarket...

I hope that it's the U.S. :smallfrown:

charl
2009-12-03, 03:17 PM
[mental note]
Need to go to IKEA and buy bottles and bottles of 'Julmust'.
[/mental note]

Best Christmas drink ever. Totally awesome. I think I'm gonna go to the store and get some right now, even!

EDIT: Ok, glögg is better. But still, julmust is awesome.

Perenelle
2009-12-03, 04:44 PM
Vanilla coke was pretty good. they stopped making it where I live a while ago.

I am extremely happy that Cherry Coke is still around. I love that stuff. :smallbiggrin: although black cherry soda tastes better, but its a bit hard to find. So I settle with the cherry coke most of the time.

Demonia
2009-12-03, 04:47 PM
if you want vanilla coke you can buy it over the net in bulk.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-03, 05:12 PM

I am extremely happy that Cherry Coke is still around. I love that stuff. :smallbiggrin: although black cherry soda tastes better, but its a bit hard to find. So I settle with the cherry coke most of the time.

*invites self over, shares your sodas* >.>

=3

I don't really drink sodas anymore. But they're fun once in a while.

raitalin
2009-12-03, 05:23 PM
Personally I've found all of the flavored Mt. Dews to be inferior to the original. Livewire (orange) is OK, the rest are barely drinkable.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest is one of the best things about autumn, along with chili.

Vanilla Coke is an excellent mixer with whiskey or rum.

zeratul
2009-12-03, 05:40 PM
Starbucks has some pretty awesome seasonal stuff. The Pumpkin Frappucinno is one of the best things in the history of ever, so it's annoying that they only have it for two months.

Personally I've found all of the flavored Mt. Dews to be inferior to the original. Livewire (orange) is OK, the rest are barely drinkable.
When it comes to mountain dew I'd say that the order of goodness goes

Code Red(best), Horde, original, alliance, voltage, live wire(worst).

Demonia
2009-12-03, 06:47 PM
theres a drink called LOL which is seasonal, realy good. (not kidding) it has a smily on the front too.:smallsmile:

starwoof
2009-12-03, 06:54 PM
When it comes to mountain dew I'd say that the order of goodness goes

Code Red(best), Horde, original, alliance, voltage, live wire(worst).

I have to agree, but I would switch Horde and Alliance around. I feel like such a traitor to the Warchief!:smallfrown:

Anuan
2009-12-03, 06:54 PM

I was about to say "You can still get vanilla coke easy here" but then I realised...I've only seen vanilla diet coke around for ages...I miss cherry coke, it was nice, I'd buy it when I had money and I don't really drink coke.

Demonia
2009-12-03, 06:59 PM
again why not buy it over the net, it's usaually cheaper too, goes for most things, clothes, ipods, computers etc.:smallamused:

Revanmal
2009-12-03, 07:03 PM
I really miss Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. It was only around for a short while around here, and it was pure awesome in a bottle.

Other than that?

Pepsi Blue.

starwoof
2009-12-03, 07:08 PM
I really miss Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. It was only around for a short while around here, and it was pure awesome in a bottle.

Cherry... Chocolate... Dr. Pepper? Why have I never heard of this?!?!?!:smalleek:

Partof1
2009-12-03, 07:11 PM
I miss Vanilla Coke so much! I hate the Coca-Cola company for discontinuing it (in my region), but love them for producing Original Coke. Best normal Cola around. Made by the worst people. The makers of...*snip stupid loop*

Quincunx
2009-12-04, 07:33 AM
again why not buy it over the net, it's usaually cheaper too, goes for most things, clothes, ipods, computers etc.:smallamused:

Maybe before shipping, but after. . .phew! Kinda sucks when you don't live in the country of distribution. (Also, it's fun to explain to the people at customs that yes, all of those snacks are for personal use, and suggesting we had intentions of re-selling them is silly, just you try to take a potato chip out of the bag--count your fingers afterwards!)

daggaz
2009-12-04, 10:56 AM
I bought a cranberry cider the other day from..sommerbies or whatever. It was cough syrup in a can.

Demonia
2009-12-04, 04:27 PM
has anyone tried that pomegranite extract drink in that wierd bolbus bottle?
its as thick as honey and tastes disgusting, :smallyuk:
thank godness they ditched that faliure :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-04, 04:42 PM
has anyone tried that pomegranite extract drink in that wierd bolbus bottle?
its as thick as honey and tastes disgusting, :smallyuk:
thank godness they ditched that faliure :smallbiggrin:

POM? Does it not still exist, then?

I will admit, I've gotten fond of pomegranate drinks lately, though.

Demonia
2009-12-04, 05:30 PM
No POM is ok, this is a realy weird one but i can't remember the name and POM is still being made. :smallbiggrin: