PDA

View Full Version : Drag Me To Hell - Recommended!

Harr
2009-12-02, 11:32 PM
So I just finished watching Drag Me To Hell with my brother and girlfriend, and we all had such a good time with it I just want to recommend it to anybody who's looking for a straight-up campy, scary, yet also hilarious romp of a horror movie.

It's not gonna win any awards for anything and the twists are completely predictable, yet it manages to be so much fun and so uninhibited that we just never stopped yelling and laughing at the screen (alcohol may have played some small part in this, but still).

Next week I plan on having some other friends and going for a back-to-back of Zombieland and DMTH... I anticipate a bit of a fun night :smallsmile:

Myatar_Panwar
2009-12-03, 12:44 AM
I watched it a few weeks ago, and I agree.

Voldecanter
2009-12-03, 08:26 AM
I watched it in theatres , and Drag me to Hell , Is a really well done Horror story , and with a plot too !:smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2009-12-03, 12:26 PM
Conan O'Brian suggests Leprechaun in the hood and Leprechaun back 2 the hood. These actually look kind of funny judging by the parts shown on his show.

Exactly how violent is drag me to hell?

Serpentine
2009-12-03, 11:44 PM
Exactly how violent is drag me to hell?Not very, from memory. Slightly... gruesome, I suppose, but not in a blood-and-guts way, and lots of jump moments. There's only (again, from memory) one real fight, per se, which is admittedly pretty brutal. Creepy old lady v. scared young lady...

I semi-agree about the twists. It's obvious that there will be some sort of twist, and I spotted pretty easily that
it was the coin, not the buttonbut there were several likely twist options, and you don't know which it'll be 'til the very end. I was tossing up between she gives the button to a random, she gives it to her boyfriend/he nobly saves the day by taking her place, or she gets dragged to Hell, and, possibly because I'm dumb, wasn't completely sure which one it'd be almost until the credits were rolling. My boyfriend, on the other hand, was really surprised about the ending, because he was positive it was going to be the bloke what got it.

Boo
2009-12-04, 02:17 AM
Yeah, the scene in the car really made it obvious.

I'll agree that it was funny, but I probably wouldn't watch it again without a group of friends to have a laugh with. Better to watch it the first time with buddies than with yourself otherwise you might go cynical on it's arse.

It's not really violent, but there's a lot of disgusting scenes involving vomit and dead people. Those were also funny in their grossness.

Myshlaevsky
2009-12-04, 03:24 AM
I really enjoyed Drag Me to Hell and found it very entertaining. A few of my friends didn't 'get' the campy nature of it and complained a lot though, which kind of brought me down while watching. Milosh was some dancer, nevertheless.