PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal

Olo Demonsbane
2009-12-03, 12:01 AM
Hey everyone.

Reading through Saph's and Kjones's campaign journals has inspired me to try DMing it myself. I'm trying to somehow approach their level of greatness. :smallsmile:

The first strange thing about this is that I am DMing for my brother. My groups are in the middle of other campaigns, so I only have one player. I let him be gestalt to help compensate for this. I play a DMPC as well (though not gestalt), for added support.

The CharactersMurrik: Halfling Warlock 6//Rouge 3/Scout 3; Swift ambusher build, focuses on dealing massive amounts of damage in one strike per round...deals 8d6 if he gets SA. He is very hard to hit and very good at hitting.
Cael: Human Druid 6. I play my druid like a fighter that casts some buff spells and occasionally some AoE BC spells. Not too optimized (I haven't even chosen all of my feats yet), but provides good support and tanking.
The Wolverine: My animal companion.

We currently are just wrapping up chapter 1. I'll try to catch up and then keep updating whenever we play.

The adventure begins in the next post.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-12-03, 12:18 AM
Should I use first person or third person narration? I'm in a unique position of being able to offer both...I've tried both out below.

Ambush!We traveled along, heading to Drellin's Ferry under a commission from the Lord of Brindol to find out why trade had stopped from that direction. The journey was going fine until we neared the town.

Suddenly, I spotted a glint of steel out of the corner of my eye: Goblins! Murrik was flying above me obliviously, so I yelled at him while changing into a wolverine. My companion and I leaped to the attack while the goblins peppered my small companion with arrows. He--the little pathetic-looking halfling--then just pointed at one and blew off its head without saying a word. Shows how much you can trust appearances.

While I was in the forest chewing hobgoblin, I saw another threat: two hell hounds and a hobgoblin had emerged from farther down the road. I tried to immobilize them with a spell, but they burned their way out. A few bites from my friend and I quickly took out the hounds, while the hobgoblin flailed ineffectively at us. Stupid hobgoblin. Barely hit me once, and that was just a glancing blow. And Murrik kept blasting hobgoblin.

He did seem to be healing though, as fast as we were hurting him. My wolverine lifted up its nose, then dived into open air before I could tell it to stop. Apparently, it had smelled a goblin caster there. Huh. They went down quickly after that.

NegotiationsMurrik and Cael, after looting the bodies, continued on to town. After being stopped by a pair of suspicious guards, Murrik quickly convinced them that yes, the fact that we were covered in blood did infact mean that we had fought with hobgoblins on our way here.

While hunting around town for a buyer, Cael was stopped by a rather imposing woman and a timid looking man. Norro and Soranna offered to pay us to investigate Vrath Keep...something we were planning to do anyway. Murrik, however, thought that they were trying to stiff us by offering only 500 gp each. He got into a yelling match with Soranna, but Cael and Norro calmed them both down.