PDA

View Full Version : Skateboards

Gaelbert
2009-12-03, 12:33 AM
I've decided I'm probably going to get one. I need help deciding what model, as I am completely ignorant.

Qualifications:
I'm not going to use it for tricks and the like, so it doesn't have to be incredibly sturdy. I'm mainly hoping to use it as a method of transportation when I leave for college. I'm hoping that since I won't be using it for tricks, I could be able to find a moderately inexpensive one. Anybody here able to help me?

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-03, 12:42 AM
first piece of advice - GET A BIKE INSTEAD. But if you must have a boardthen read on...

if you're using it for riding rather than 'skating' then you'll probably want to look at a long board instead of a traditional street board - they're much more stable and transport friendly (a longer wheel base and bigger/wider wheels) and much more akin to surfing than a traditional board feels like

cost wise... guess you could look 2nd hand?

if you do go 2nd hand i'd advise you get some new bearings for the wheels (run you around $30 i guess? probably a lot less) just to make your ride as smooth as possible

Shyftir
2009-12-03, 12:48 AM
i know little about skateboards, but sounds like you want a longboard-style one.

The Longboard Store (http://www.thelongboardstore.com/)

I have no clue about this site's quality or pricing, but it seemed it might be helpful to you.

slightly ninja'd!