PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Enhancement that allows somatic components

MichielHagen
2009-12-03, 03:56 AM
I believe i once saw a weapon enhancement that allows a caster to use the hands he is holding the weapon in to also cast the spell with, or maybe it was a feat....

i cannot find it now...

Keld Denar
2009-12-03, 04:33 AM
Not a weapon enhancement, but there is a feat called Somantic Weaponry in Complete Mage, IIRC. If you are using a 2handed weapon though, you can easily take one hand off to cast and put it back on. Its only really a problem if you are duel wielding (since you can't take 1 hand off a 1 handed weapon) or using a heavy shield.

ghashxx
2009-12-03, 06:08 AM
Not a weapon enhancement, but there is a feat called Somantic Weaponry in Complete Mage, IIRC. If you are using a 2handed weapon though, you can easily take one hand off to cast and put it back on. Its only really a problem if you are duel wielding (since you can't take 1 hand off a 1 handed weapon) or using a heavy shield.

Yep, this was just covered in another thread yesterday or the day before. I can't remember ever seeing anything about a weapon enhancement for somatic use though.

Keld Denar
2009-12-03, 07:53 AM
Daggerspell Mage, the TWF themed gish class (that fails at this) also gives you the ability to cast spells without free hands, as long as you are holding appropriate weapons in both hands.

MichielHagen
2009-12-03, 07:59 AM
The Somatic Weaponry most likely was what i was looking for, and it will work for what i need. Thank you