PDA

View Full Version : 4ed socerer build help

incubus5075
2009-12-03, 10:25 AM
I've been DMing for the past 6 months for my group and we are now lvl 12 and one of the players has decided to take up the mantle of DM so that I can get a chance to play. I almost always play a rogue but decided to switch it up and play a sneaky drow storm socerer instead. I am torn between multiclassing to rogue for the daggermaster feat or staying with full on storm PP from Arcane power book. Suggestions? I have the luskan background so i already have stealth/thievery as class skills, and i took bluff also. (All the players will not know i'm a drow, i have a mask of disguise and choose to look human)

I was thinking daggermaster with a bloodiron dagger, to up my critical damage. Suggestions along this route?

incubus5075
2009-12-03, 10:45 AM
Also, when is a famiiar worth a feat? Is there any familiars out there worth it?

The Glyphstone
2009-12-03, 10:50 AM
Probably not so much for a StormSorc, but as a Dragon Sorcerer, the Dragonling familiar is made of win, gold, and awesome due to how many Close Blast powers I have.

Kurald Galain
2009-12-03, 10:53 AM
I almost always play a rogue but decided to switch it up and play a sneaky drow storm socerer instead. I am torn between multiclassing to rogue for the daggermaster feat or staying with full on storm PP from Arcane power book.
Daggermaster is one of the most powerful PPs in the book, especially combined with bloodiron or crit-fishing in general. That said, "powerful" doesn't necessarily mean "interesting"; the PP doesn't really do a whole lot except Moar Damaeg. It depends on the optimization level of the rest of the party whether this would be fun.

Also, when is a famiiar worth a feat? Is there any familiars out there worth it?
Generally, yes. Among others, they can get you a nice resistance, as well as the ability to swap wielded items as a free action.

incubus5075
2009-12-03, 11:31 AM
Well we have a Ranger archer who does massive damage. I was kinda thinking the same thing, from a RP percpective i was leaning more toward the storm socerer specific PP and just using a jagged dagger. My static bonuses are up to +23 and I picked mainly area spells so I should be doing decent damage to multiple enemies without the extra 5% on criticals. Plus the daggermaster encounter and utility are kinda pointless for me....

incubus5075
2009-12-03, 11:32 AM
ok, so if i don't spend my feat to multiclass I may pick up a familiar. Any suggestions for my drow storm socerer build? Looking for cool RP factors or helpful in combat factors.

Tiki Snakes
2009-12-03, 11:35 AM

When it makes the Character more amusing, or engaging in some way. It is a great roleplay accessory, especially with DM collusion.

Some of them even give you mechanical benefits, apparently. :smallwink:

Jack_Banzai
2009-12-03, 02:14 PM
When it makes the Character more amusing, or engaging in some way. It is a great roleplay accessory, especially with DM collusion.

Some of them even give you mechanical benefits, apparently. :smallwink:

The White-Eyed Crow in this morning's Dragon article was pretty awesome.

mikeejimbo
2009-12-03, 02:21 PM
Wintertouched + Lasting Frost + Frost Dagger is always a nice combination.

incubus5075
2009-12-03, 02:45 PM
Actually that combo brings up a point. I am at +15 to hit usually reflex at lvl 12. I have noticed that I have to roll at least 10 or higher. Is there another way to increase my to hit? I already have focused expertise (dagger), a +3 weapon, stat bonus, etc...any other feat worth looking into?

Mando Knight
2009-12-03, 03:10 PM
Distant Advantage to take advantage of anyone flanking things. Arcane Spellfury to boost attack rolls after using an At-Will.

Yakk
2009-12-03, 03:47 PM
Coordinated Explosion (MC wizard?) for +1 to hit if an ally is in the burst.