PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Duskblade spell list?

Choco
2009-12-03, 12:11 PM
K, I must be overlooking something. The Duskblade class (in PHB2) apparently uses the Duskblade spell list, according to the text in the class, which is rather small and limited. However, the Duskblade entry in the "recommended spells" section of the book uses sorc/wiz spells as well. So does the Duskblade have access to the sorc/wiz spell list in addition to its own? Or is there something I am overlooking?

BRC
2009-12-03, 12:14 PM
K, I must be overlooking something. The Duskblade class (in PHB2) apparently uses the Duskblade spell list, according to the text in the class, which is rather small and limited. However, the Duskblade entry in the "recommended spells" section of the book uses sorc/wiz spells as well. So does the Duskblade have access to the sorc/wiz spell list in addition to its own? Or is there something I am overlooking?
The Duskblade gets access to alot of Sorc/Wiz Spells from the PHB 1 as well. Look for the complete Spell List on Page 24. If you just look in the Spells section of the PHBII under Duskblade, you'll only see the Duskblade spells they are adding in PHBII.

Choco
2009-12-03, 12:18 PM
Ah I see it now, thanks!

The book threw me off when it points out in the class description that it uses spells drawn from the Duskblade spell list on PAGE 98.

I didn't even notice the almost sidenote real spell list way at the back of the Duskblade section..

Thurbane
2009-12-03, 08:01 PM
Yeah, this a pretty common question (along with the Beguiler spell list). The formatting in the PHB II was not very good on this front.