PDA

View Full Version : Item Slots for Unusual creatures.

Tavar
2009-12-03, 03:17 PM
Is there any official source that says what items non-humanoids could use? How about dragons in particular?

Zom B
2009-12-03, 03:22 PM
I've seen things like allowing for rings to be placed on two of a dragon's horns, along with tail slots, but those are not official, which is what you are asking for here.

I faced this exact problem when a druid player of mine had an Assassin Vine companion and wanted to give it magic items. I think I ultimately allowed it to wear one ring.

Edwin
2009-12-03, 03:29 PM
Is there any official source that says what items non-humanoids could use? How about dragons in particular?

I take it this is for the dragon game? :smallwink:

Dragons can wear any items humans can, as per draconomicon rules. Though most of the items need a slight refluff. (Collar of intellect +2, for example)

Tavar
2009-12-03, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it is, but I've seen the non-humanoid thing come up before. Do you know where it says that?

Edwin
2009-12-03, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it is, but I've seen the non-humanoid thing come up before. Do you know where it says that?

I can't remember specifically, but if you have it, flip through it. It's there somewhere.

Though, it might be in Dragon Magic instead.. Seems unlikely though. I'll see if I can find it for you.

zagan
2009-12-03, 03:43 PM
You can find some rule for corresponding slot betwen humanoide and monster in magic of incarnum it's for soulmeld but it apply to magic item too, i believe. It's at the begining of the chapter on monster.

Jergmo
2009-12-03, 03:44 PM
There's the Draconomicon deal, yeah, and Lords of Madness has rules for some of the major aberrations like Beholders. Not sure about anything else.

olentu
2009-12-03, 04:11 PM
I recall the rules compendium saying something about this but as I can not recall exactly what it all said they might not apply.