PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Ray

Tanaric
2009-12-04, 12:45 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, two torches are already lit, one hanging by each of the doors presumably leading out of the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1||||||||
2||||||||
3||||||||
4|||R|||||
5||||||||
6||||||||[/table]

There is a door at G-3, and another at F-6.

DM notes:3, 1, 14

Eguzki
2009-12-04, 11:42 AM
Ray bangs his great axe on the ground screaming "Who ever brought me here, Come face me like a man! I will spill your blood and dye my body with it. And wear your head on my belt!"

He then moves to A-1 wielding his bow and readies an action. He will shot the first person he sees.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

OoC: Hopefully this won't lead to my untimely demise.

EDIT: wow! I just missed my foot by a couple centimeters. haha

Tanaric
2009-12-04, 03:00 PM
You don't see anyone. The only thing you hear is echos of your own shouting.

Eguzki
2009-12-04, 03:46 PM
In that case, I will go to each door and poke them with my ten foot pole. I go in this order, G-3 then F-6

Tanaric
2009-12-04, 09:03 PM
Both doors release flares of bright blue light, which is revealed to have come from concealed copper wires strewn across the doors. They look burnt out now.

Eguzki
2009-12-04, 10:19 PM
Im gonna go and open door G-3. I'm weilding my great axe now by the way.

Tanaric
2009-12-06, 09:50 PM
Opening the door reveals an unlit hallway running to the north and south. You'll need a light source to see more.

Eguzki
2009-12-06, 10:13 PM
I light a torch and just walk in past the thresh hold of the door.

Tanaric
2009-12-06, 10:43 PM
Bringing the light into the hall reveals that it runs to the north for thirty feet before teeing to the east and west, and to the south for twenty feet before turning east.

Fifteen feet to the north, there is a door on the east face of the hall.

Ten feet to the south, the hall splits east.

There is a door on the south face of the eastern bend.

Eguzki
2009-12-06, 10:59 PM
Thanks for posting again.

I will do the following to each door starting with the north one then moving to the southern one:

Check the door with my ten foot pole. Check it agin just to be sure.
If nothing happens I will search for a trap
North door: [roll0]
South door: [roll1]

If I find a trap then I'll disable it
North Door: [roll2]
South Door: [roll3]

Finally I will listen at each door
North door: [roll4]
South door: [roll5]

And of course I am doing all this while trying to be silent
Move silently [roll6]

So after all that, if I don't find anytrap of Ive disabled them and i don't hear anything interesting I will peak in the north door and see what's inside.

Tanaric
2009-12-07, 08:19 PM
While moving toward the northern door, you trip over a tripwire five feet to the north of the room you just left. The sound of stone grinding on stone fills the air.

Eguzki
2009-12-07, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna go back into the room I just came out of. Im going to stand right at the threshold of the door and look to see what just happened.

Tanaric
2009-12-08, 02:39 PM
You don't see anything out of the ordinary. The grinding noise fades away after about a minute.

Eguzki
2009-12-08, 11:23 PM
ok lets try that again then. im gonna do everything i said i was going to do in the previous post but this time i'm going to check the area in front of me with the ten foot pole while also searching for traps. if i fibd anything i will disable it.

search check [roll0]
disable device [roll1]

do you want me to reroll all the other rolls or should we just use those still?

Tanaric
2009-12-10, 12:05 PM
(Sorry about the delay. I couldn't access my maps for a while.)

You don't find any traps on the door.

Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||R|R|
4|||R|R|
5|||H||
6|||||
7|||||[/table]

There is a door at A-3, which you are standing just outside of, another at D-1 on the north side, and a third at D-7, on the south side. There is a humanoid figure at C-5, wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword. He is standing next to what seems to be a large reptile with bright green scales and a forked tongue that flickers in and out of its gaping maw.

Eguzki
2009-12-10, 04:25 PM
Hmm this may prove to be interesting.

I'm going to adopt the Martial Spirit stance and charge the reptile creature during the surprise round (moving to B-3) and add my sneak attack damage to that. I may change my action depending on what maneuvers are granted.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak attack: [roll2]

Maneuvers granted:
1- crusader strike -Withheld-
2- Charging Minotaur -Withheld-
3- Stone Bones -Withheld-
4- Douse the Flame -Granted-
5- Vanguard Strike -Granted-

first two different
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

EDIT: That is so close the a ctritical! Still did a fair amount of damage definitely enough to anger it, hopefully enough to take down.
I'm not going to use any maneuvers this round.

Tanaric
2009-12-10, 10:23 PM
Your weapon passes harmlessly through the reptile's body. It disappears a moment later, and a wave of color passes over your vision.

Will save.

Eguzki
2009-12-11, 09:40 AM
o ****....

Will [roll0]

Tanaric
2009-12-12, 01:43 PM
And it's lights out for you.

Unconscious: [roll0]
Blind/stunned: [roll1]
Stunned: 1

Tanaric
2009-12-12, 01:44 PM
Well, I'm fairly certain you're dead now, but just in case...

CDGs x5: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

If you survive those, make a fort save against death for each one.

Eguzki
2009-12-12, 07:25 PM
Yea I'm dead. That was quick.

Can I try again with the same character?

Tanaric
2009-12-14, 03:10 PM
Sure. Whitetext.

Eguzki
2009-12-14, 03:53 PM
Actually I think I might change to factotum/barbarian. i'll have a sheet up latter in the week.

Edit: are we just going to use this thread for the new dungeon.