PDA

View Full Version : Divine Melee

Fastmover
2009-12-04, 02:17 PM
Hey guys/gals,

Are there any PRCs out there that can be taken by an evil Favored Soul/Ordaned Champion character that also have a full BAB while still increasing the existing Spells known? Also I don't really want to deform his looks.

Sorta like what the Abjurant Champion is to the Arcane.

Mongoose87
2009-12-04, 02:20 PM
You could always just cast Divine Favor.

Fastmover
2009-12-04, 02:26 PM
True, but if I can raise my Spell casting as well as my BAB then he would be much more effective, especially if someone tries to dispel. I don't want him to neccesarily rely fully on his spells. I want his physical prowess to be able to hold firm if something happens to his spells.

erikun
2009-12-04, 02:28 PM
Full BAB and full divine casting would be kind of absurd, especially considering that you can buff yourself to much higher than what a fighter can achieve.

The Hospitaler (Complete Divine) gains full BAB and 7/10 spellcasting. Divine Fist also has full BAB and 8/10 spellcasting, but is probably even further from what you're going for. Beyond that, everything else in Complete Divine is either 5/10, has their own spell list, or less than full BAB.

Other sources you could try are Book of Exalted Deeds, Planar Handbook, or some of the Forgotten Realm sourcebooks.

Fastmover
2009-12-04, 02:35 PM
Cool, I'll take a look at those. Thanks friends.

Eldariel
2009-12-04, 02:37 PM
Fist of Raziel [BoED] has 9/10 and full BAB, as does Knight of the Raven [EtCRavenloft] and Bone Knight [5Nations]. I don't remember other such off-hand, and none full BAB + full casting divinists. Though with Divine Power, you can achieve the full BAB with just one persistent buff.

Optimystik
2009-12-04, 02:41 PM
By RAW, Sacred Fist is 10/10 casting actually - text trumps table.

"When a new sacred fist level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class in which he could cast divine spells before adding the prestige class."

It is also full BAB. Good luck getting your DM to agree though :smalltongue:

Navigator
2009-12-04, 08:37 PM
By RAW, Sacred Fist is 10/10 casting actually - text trumps table.
This is very interesting. I looked through Complete Divine, and there's at least one other class, Seeker of the Misty Isle, that has different text than table.

At any rate, see if you can get your DM to hand wave the strict deity requirements on Ordained Champion simply to one with the War domain. Otherwise, Fist of Raziel is really your best option. I personally played an Ordained Champion/Fist of Raziel and it is extremely satisfying, even without Divine Metamagic Cheese.

Pluto
2009-12-04, 08:50 PM
Most of these are good-specific.

You could refluff them, but you could just as reasonably also swap full BA arcane and psionic class to divine. (Actually, doesn't Abjurant Champ specifically list a divine conversion in its adaption section?)

Try Ruby Knight Vindicator (ToB). Counting a Crusader level for entry, it's 8/11 casting, full BA, extra Swift actions and a handful of manuevers from some of the best schools. Might also take a Cleric dip to join, though.

Edit: Deity issues. :smallyuk:

KellKheraptis
2009-12-04, 08:56 PM
Also, Abjurant Champion even works just fine for Divine casters, thanks to the adaptation section. You might also look at Defenders of the Faith, as IIRC it has a wind based class that is full BAB/full casting. For Favored Soul though I would have just suggested to the DM that they get access to the "Battle" variant the sorcs get, then sit back and enjoy being a dragon (FS of Bahamut) with Full BAB/all good saves/d12 hd/arcane and divine magic :)

Pluto
2009-12-04, 08:58 PM
I almost forgot the Hexer from Masters of the Wild:

You need to be vaguely monstrous and need to learn Lightning bolt somehow, but the class delivers 10/10 casting, full BA, 5 Sorcerer spells to add to your spell list, Charisma-based Hex abilities and good saves IIRC.

KellKheraptis
2009-12-04, 09:00 PM
I almost forgot the Hexer from Masters of the Wild:

You need to be vaguely monstrous and need to learn Lightning bolt somehow, but the class delivers full casting, full BA, 5 Sorcerer spells to add to your spell list, Charisma-based Hex abilities and good saves IIRC.

Omfg yes. Also, style points for being the class that breaks the archivist :) Heck, combine that with some save debuffs and then unleash the Wailing. Good luck with that DC 30 save when you've got a -12 to the check :D