PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40,000 Week (January 17th-24th)

Emperor Ing
2009-12-04, 03:29 PM
In the 41st millenia there is only lulz

as part of the celebration of Giantitp's 40,000th member and as a request imported from the associated thread, I have personally take it upon myself to pull up the thread.

Basically, all that goes on is that for the week, you activate Warhammer 40k-themed avatars and we could possibly do some RPing in this thread. You can also make avatar requests to interested parties.

Questions? Comments? Critique?

EleventhHour
2009-12-04, 04:01 PM
Question!

...isn't ON FIRE week going on at the same time? :smalltongue:

Mr. Mud
2009-12-04, 04:03 PM
If so, I suggest we do WH40K week from Dec 17-24. Or something like that. Maybe even over Christmas?

Emperor Ing
2009-12-05, 04:10 PM
...isn't ON FIRE week going on at the same time? :smalltongue:

Well the thread seems to be buried in the 3-4th page, but our days are a day apart, therefore they are not going on at the same time! :smalltongue:

I can probably bump it up 2 or 3 weeks, but i'd like to gauge interest first.

starwoof
2009-12-05, 04:13 PM
I'm way ahead of ya. :smallwink: January 3rd seems so far away.

Icewalker
2009-12-05, 05:19 PM
Sounds good to me, but yeah, make sure it doesn't overlap with On Fire week.

I definitely know what I want for mine. Keeping in theme with my Aviary books. The Imperial Regiment are semi-inspired by Warhammer 40k, so I may need to get one of them. Or the Crow, he's probably the closest thing to a space marine you'll find in Aviary, which is remarkably close considering that it's Victorian science fiction.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-05, 05:27 PM
....or you can just request a steampunk space marine. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2009-12-05, 05:46 PM
Yeah, they're pretty much that. It's specific to my book though, which my current and hopefully most if not all future avatars will be from.

Solaris
2009-12-05, 05:48 PM
The Emperor approves.
Now I gotta rustle me up a WH40k avatar and to eradicate the Xeno.

Crimmy
2009-12-05, 06:09 PM
....or you can just request a steampunk space marine. :smalltongue:

I accept the motion of this avatar week, as long as Rand here makes me an avatar ('Cause I suck at Warhammer 40K avatars).

golentan
2009-12-05, 06:17 PM
Well, as a filthy Xeno, maybe I could warhammer myself up a bit. Standing over a pile of dead space marines, beating on some elder god.

It would be just like old times! I'll go get the crisco!

Emperor Ing
2009-12-05, 06:24 PM
I accept the motion of this avatar week, as long as Rand here makes me an avatar ('Cause I suck at Warhammer 40K avatars).

It's hard for me to take requests without details, so...details plz?

Crimmy
2009-12-05, 08:01 PM
Oooh, I'll find something suitable.
Just keep in mind it has to have something Magick-y, and something crimson-y too.

Well, I think I just found what I want...
I'd like the Keeper of Secrets, only with a crimson colour theme.

And the obligated reference pic:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1252374_99119915039_DaemonsGDSlaaneshMain_873x627 .jpg

Note: If you could add fire in there, it would be appreciated, but it's not necessary.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-05, 08:48 PM
ooh, a reference picture, even better! :smallbiggrin:

I should be able to do this, expect it sometime tomorrow.

Just FYI, you might find that taking over the known universe might not be as easy as you thought.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/randeus-1.png

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-05, 08:56 PM
Oooh! Good idea. I've never played Warhammer 40k, but I've recently gotten interested in it.

Well, I'm going to have to make an avvie, then.

And question! Can it be a Warhammer 40k Month instead of Week?

Selrahc
2009-12-05, 09:01 PM
Well I've had the same avatar my entire time here, but if someone was willing to do a winged juggernaut of Khorne I think I'd be willing to make a shift for 40k week. Possibly one that looks more like a hippo than a rhino? Riderless as well.

Reference pics
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammeronline/images/b/bb/Juggernaut_of_Khorne_ss.png
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/pics/2008/may/646718c.jpg
http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics10/img4485ce05b98e7.jpg

Vulkan
2009-12-05, 09:02 PM
I miss gamesworkshop D: (Mass resident)

:smallbiggrin: But that's why I have Vassal
Blood Angels rock! (Despite ...Kind of crappy codex)

Zincorium
2009-12-05, 11:24 PM
Oh, nifty.

I actually just played my first match last night. And lost horribly to someone who had also never played before. Of course, the differing point totals in the Assault on black reach set might explain that (why exactly do the orks have almost no weaponry usable against a dreadnought, while the marines get a flamer and rocket launcher? It's rather unbalanced).

One of these days I'll actually finish assembling and painting the fairly large Chaos space marine and much smaller Tau armies I've collected and I can stop messing about with the unpainted black reach set. Fortunately, I've already found another friend who hasn't played, and the orks interest him...

SurlySeraph
2009-12-05, 11:54 PM
Well, I'd love to have an Inquisitor avatar based on my Old Surly avatar.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/drKarling/OotS/SurlySeraph.png

Combined with

http://www.ironhalo.net/Images/40k/gideon01.jpg

I'd say keeping the axe in his off-hand, keeping relatively simple armor, but gaining the awesome hat would be best.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-06, 02:03 AM
@ Above - Inquisitor... By any chance do you know The Inquisitor? :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-06, 12:35 PM
'ey! Crimmy! I'm done, took me like over 2 hours but damnit its done.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/slaaneshi.png

Questions? Comments? Critique? Changes?

Crimmy
2009-12-06, 12:58 PM
It's awesome.
The only thing could be thicker lines. Not much, just a bit.
Other than that, it's great!

charl
2009-12-06, 01:04 PM
Already there, but we absolutely need a week for the theme.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-06, 01:28 PM
Thicker lines? K, done. Took me about 30 seconds. :smalltongue:
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/slaaneshi-1.png

Crimmy
2009-12-06, 02:13 PM
No changes, just awesomeness in the rough.
Questions are not needed for such a sight.
And this is, indeed, something I would use on the Warhammer 40K Week.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-06, 05:32 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of my Space Marine Kitteh? :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-06, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of my Space Marine Kitteh? :smalltongue:

HERESY!! *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Ninja Chocobo
2009-12-06, 08:51 PM

I shouldn't think so. There's already the established Space Wolves chapter.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-06, 08:56 PM

*BLAM BLAM*

Dreadnought!

*BLAMABLAMABLAM* :smallamused:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-06, 08:58 PM
Your steel cage is no match for me!
*tips over*

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-06, 09:40 PM
:smalltongue:

But honestly, there's nothing wrong with the Adeptus Felinus!

Emperor Ing
2009-12-06, 09:50 PM
Suffer not the furry to live. :P
This could turn into a flame war fast
But onto a different topic, hey look! I'm dual wielding storm bolters AND chainfists! :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-06, 10:12 PM
I'm not a furry though. I was thinking of a way to make my avvie more Warhammer 40k-like, and this is how it turned out. :P

Duuuuuuuuude!!!!

Awesome! But how would you use the gun? Hand-shaped chainfists? Telekinesis? Mutant Cheese?

Booze Marines!

arguskos
2009-12-06, 10:16 PM
I am totally down for this, but I'd need my Graz'zt/Iggwilv avatar to be 40k'd. Perhaps if Graz'zt was given the C'Tan treatment, and Iggwilv was a Farseer or somesuch?

Ninja Chocobo
2009-12-06, 10:50 PM
Suffer not the furry to live. :P

Again, Space Wolves.

charl
2009-12-07, 12:42 AM
Again, Space Wolves.

Which my avatar has absolutely nothing to do with, at all. No siree, no violation of intellectual property here. None at all.

golentan
2009-12-07, 01:24 AM
So, got my avy ready.

Don't let them know, the knowledge would only depress them.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-07, 03:53 PM
Again, Space Wolves.
The Space Wolves legion tends to be more characteristic of Vikings, so in essence, they are more like Space Vikings (with wolf fangs) than Space Furries, which they have turned out to not be at all. :P

Emperor Ing
2009-12-07, 05:12 PM
Anyways, I made this for myself.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/Chainfisted-1.png
I added a chainsword bayonet to my storm bolters just to prove that I ain't messin' around here.

golentan
2009-12-07, 05:53 PM
Here's a blown up version of what I've got.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/340/9/a/40K_avy_by_golentan.png

I've also got a space marine template from the waste up that I used here, if anyone wants. It's not that good, but for my second work in under an hour, I'm satisfied.

Edit: Never mind, evidently I managed to delete the template right after completion. So, I don't have it. I am now sad.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-07, 07:38 PM
UPDATE: 40k week has been bumped up 2 weeks to make room for ON FIRE!! week. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131389) See thread title for new date.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-07, 07:40 PM
Okay, then.:smallmad::smalltongue:

Icewalker
2009-12-07, 08:43 PM
Alright, well let me throw together a full description of the Crow, plus each of the four soldier-castes of the Imperial Regiment.

I would love to get the Crow done. If somebody wants to do a member of the Regiment instead, or more than one in banner form, or, if you want to be crazy awesome, a banner of the Crow fighting a unit of the Imperial Regiment (one of each of the soldier-castes).

All equipment is black plus some measure of motif (OPTIONAL, because the equipment will be small in avatar form). For example, the storm pistols are heavy black pistols with a lightning bolt motif running along the barrel, or however else you care to express it, it's quite open to interpretation.

The Crow:
A very tall man completely covered by black full plate armor, and with a large black cloak/cape pinned to the center of the chest. His helmet/mask is rather birdlike. Attached to his belt are a couple of grenades (flame-motif). In hand is one huge pistol with a lightning motif. Long barrel and heavy, but still a one-handed pistol. In the other hand is a vicious sledgehammer with a stone motif.

The Imperial Regiment:

The Earthquake: Full black plate rather jagged looking (pointy, but like stone crags, not evil curving spikes) plate armor with seams running throughout. He is wielding in both hands a vicious sledgehammer with a stone motif.

The Wildfire: Full black plate with a small amount of smoke rising from it in spots, especially the hands. A couple of fire-motif grenades, and a pair of fire-motif short swords with sheaths. A heavy flame-motif gatling gun in hand.

The Thunderstorm: Extremely heavy and thick black full plate, basically power armor, albeit perhaps a little less huge than WH40K's. Hooked up into the armor on the side is a legitimate cannon, like a ship's 9-pounder cannon barrel (http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/17604309.jpg) (it can be smaller than that). In hand is a huge pistol with a lightning motif, heavy with a long barrel.

The Hurricane: Slightly thinner but still black full plate, with streaks of some lighter gray metal running through it. Heavy sniper crossbow with wind/hurricane motif and a spear slung over the back.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-07, 08:44 PM
...or, if you want to be crazy awesome, a banner of the Crow fighting a unit of the Imperial Regiment (one of each of the soldier-castes).

Called it! :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2009-12-07, 08:54 PM
As in you're going to do it, or just that it's awesome? Regardless, thank you very much, especially if it's the first one. :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-07, 09:00 PM
Crow sounds like a Deathwatch marine with beakie helmet. :smalltongue:

Gorgondantess
2009-12-07, 09:01 PM
Hmmm... now this one is interesting. I've always thought my Dread Cthulhu avatar needed to be a bit more... grimdark. Any takers?:smallcool:

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-07, 09:02 PM
Done.
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2760/noisemarineur7.png
:smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-07, 09:05 PM
Hmmm... now this one is interesting. I've always thought my Dread Cthulhu avatar needed to be a bit more... grimdark. Any takers?:smallcool:

Cthulhu, with a few mods, would work quite well as a slaaneshi daemon. Lemme have a crack at it.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-07, 09:05 PM
As in you're going to do it, or just that it's awesome? Regardless, thank you very much, especially if it's the first one. :smallbiggrin:

Meaning, I'm going to do it. :smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2009-12-07, 09:07 PM
Cthulhu, with a few mods, would work quite well as a slaaneshi daemon. Lemme have a crack at it.

Sure! Surprise me.:smallcool:

Icewalker
2009-12-07, 09:54 PM
Meaning, I'm going to do it. :smallbiggrin:

Awesome! :smallbiggrin: Thanks!

KilltheToy
2009-12-07, 10:05 PM
And now I away to GIMP to figure out how to make my dignified Victorian gentleman into a worshipper of the great Chaos Gods. Or possibly an Inquisitor.

golentan
2009-12-07, 11:45 PM
And now I away to GIMP to figure out how to make my dignified Victorian gentleman into a worshipper of the great Chaos Gods. Or possibly an Inquisitor.

You should totally make him an inquisitor, but keep the victorian feel, and give him a pipe. "Elementary."

Sorry, I'll stop giving bad literary advice now.

largertyler
2009-12-08, 12:00 AM
I'd like to join in this 40k theme. Ultra Marine steam jack, or jump pack librarian with eternal mights and machine curse! I'm not really creative on this...but do have an ultra marines company. i just need to pick what company and paint the emblems and shoulder bars accordingly. I think i just stick to the second company.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-12-08, 02:48 AM
The Space Wolves legion tends to be more characteristic of Vikings, so in essence, they are more like Space Vikings (with wolf fangs) than Space Furries, which they have turned out to not be at all. :P

They ride wolves around, they wear wolf pelts, they have wolf-shaped helmets and they call each other "Wolf". I'd call this pretty conclusive evidence.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-08, 09:58 AM
They ride wolves around, they wear wolf pelts, they have wolf-shaped helmets and they call each other "Wolf". I'd call this pretty conclusive evidence.

Yes, because Vikings, Germanic Barbarians, and Hinjo are/were all furries. :smalltongue:
As for the titles, I guess it is more well known that our words are the Canon Law of the Universe than I thought.
[/sarcasm]

Serpentine
2009-12-08, 10:05 AM
I'm kinda iffy about there only being 1 week between the two Weeks... Personally, I prefer more like 2, or 3 to keep it to one a month. But eh. This isn't one I'll be involved in anyway :smallcool: :smalltongue:

Gullara
2009-12-08, 10:23 AM
I have only one response to this week... orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Gorgondantess
2009-12-08, 10:32 AM
I have only one response to this week... orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but....
You misspelled 'waagh'. There's a 'g' in it.:smalltongue:

Gullara
2009-12-08, 10:36 AM
:smalleek:Woops

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

The error has been corrected

Ninja Chocobo
2009-12-08, 10:36 AM
I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but....
You misspelled 'waagh'. There's a 'g' in it.:smalltongue:

Three 'a's, and at least one exclamation mark.

Gullara
2009-12-08, 10:39 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Everybody happy now? :smallannoyed::smallwink:

Icewalker
2009-12-08, 12:10 PM
Everybody happy now? :smallannoyed::smallwink:

Yes. Yes we are. :smallbiggrin:

KilltheToy
2009-12-08, 02:08 PM
You should totally make him an inquisitor, but keep the victorian feel, and give him a pipe. "Elementary."

Sorry, I'll stop giving bad literary advice now.

That really wouldn't be too hard. Replace his revolver with a power rapier or something and put a nice =][= pendant on him.

Inquisitor Holmes of the Ordo Xenos, perhaps?

golentan
2009-12-08, 03:03 PM
That really wouldn't be too hard. Replace his revolver with a power rapier or something and put a nice =][= pendant on him.

Inquisitor Holmes of the Ordo Xenos, perhaps?

Exactly, or a bolter, or something, for the weapon.

Etcetera
2009-12-08, 03:15 PM
Would someone be prepared to draw me a warlock? But an Eldar one this time. With Runey Armour and a witchblade and physic and stuff. Colours and appearance are up to you, mon-keigh.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-08, 03:26 PM
exactly how many 40k avatars am I gonna have to draw? :smalltongue:

onasuma
2009-12-08, 03:31 PM
As many as I draw (i.e. anything Nids, Nurgle or darkeldary along with anything else that makes me excited) subrtracted from as many as there are people who wish to have 40k avatars who are unable/unwilling to draw themselves.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-08, 06:28 PM
Heh, currently I have only one request I'm working on. :smalltongue:

KilltheToy
2009-12-08, 08:44 PM
Exactly, or a bolter, or something, for the weapon.

Or I could just be lazy and say he's holding an antique stub pistol :smalltongue:.

I was thinking about just making it a laspistol or something. I dunno.

chiasaur11
2009-12-08, 10:52 PM
Hey, my picture is already of a power armored psychic psychotic alien hunter. I am on top of this one!

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-08, 11:14 PM
Hey, my picture is already of a power armored psychic psychotic alien hunter. I am on top of this one!

Needs moar chainsword.

KilltheToy
2009-12-10, 06:59 PM
Needs moar chainsword.

Also needs moar dakka.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-10, 07:00 PM
Also needs moar dakka.

Not NEVER enuff Dakka!

Lycan 01
2009-12-10, 08:47 PM
Not NEVER enuff Dakka!

QFT...

Is WH40K week this week? I hope I haven't missed it... :smallfrown: If not, when is it?

Also, would anybody be interested in making an avatar for me? I've been considering getting a new one, possibly of a Commissar (Gaunt, Cain, or generic...) in a heroic pose. But now this actually gives me a fun excuse to get a new one! :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-10, 08:55 PM
Look at the title. :smalltongue:

charl
2009-12-10, 09:28 PM
WH40k week is not a time or place. It's a state of mind.

Gullara
2009-12-11, 10:20 AM
Not NEVER enuff Dakka!

MORE DAKKA!!!!!!!! WAAAGH!

Sorry I really like orcs:smallbiggrin:

Fan
2009-12-11, 10:36 AM
Since this seems the appropriate place to ask, would anyone mind making me a avatar of this Blood Angel Terminator?

http://www.davidzieglmeier.com/images/digi/GW/term.png

Emperor Ing
2009-12-11, 10:50 AM
I might do it (pending another request i've been putting off) but that is no Terminator.

However it does do me good to know that someone wishes to be my Brother in Battle. :smallsmile:

Fan
2009-12-11, 02:47 PM
I might do it (pending another request i've been putting off) but that is no Terminator.

However it does do me good to know that someone wishes to be my Brother in Battle. :smallsmile:

Google said it was to me, and I had figured his Crux Terminatus might have just been on the other side, and him in a lighter recon armor or some such.

Stupid google, and it's LIES.

Actually, I think I'd much rather have a avatar of this guy below.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/colrouphobic/Commissioned%20Work/f85a9292.jpg

happyturtle
2009-12-12, 06:54 AM
I thought the consensus was to have avatar themes occur 6 weeks apart, to avoid stressing out the avatarists. I mean, there was a vote and everything. :smallconfused:

Emperor Ing
2009-12-12, 07:12 AM
I thought the consensus was to have avatar themes occur 6 weeks apart, to avoid stressing out the avatarists. I mean, there was a vote and everything. :smallconfused:

Nobody got the memo. :smalltongue:

And Night Surgeon, that looks like Sanguinius. Although wings are...not my speciality, i'll see what I can do.

Serpentine
2009-12-12, 07:17 AM
I thought the consensus was to have avatar themes occur 6 weeks apart, to avoid stressing out the avatarists. I mean, there was a vote and everything. :smallconfused:Yeah, that's right. And a good idea it was too! Yet crushed so swiftly :smallsigh:

happyturtle
2009-12-12, 08:17 AM
Maybe there should be a dedicated 'Avatar Theme Week' thread, that restarts every 50 pages, rather than a separate thread for each week, to keep everyone on the same page.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-12, 08:19 AM
That'd cause confusion due to the previous 35 pages being not <Insert theme week>.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-12, 01:14 PM
Hey! Gorgondantesss! You know who you are, I are finally finished with Slaaneshi Daemon Prince Cthulhu.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/DPcthulhu.png

Pyrian
2009-12-12, 03:39 PM
...Is it just my dirty mind, or is your avatar holding mistletoe over her chest? :smallredface:

Falgorn
2009-12-12, 03:42 PM
Hey! Gorgondantesss! You know who you are, I are finally finished with Slaaneshi Daemon Prince Cthulhu.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/DPcthulhu.png

Epic. Win.
Cthulhu is the embodiment of awesome, and so is 40k.
Add the two together and you get...
http://p7.xanga.com/7c/c9/7cc9158e73a92bf0fe68675855bfc0651855865.jpg

Gorgondantess
2009-12-12, 03:45 PM
Epic. Win.
Cthulhu is the embodiment of awesome, and so is 40k.
Add the two together and you get...
http://p7.xanga.com/7c/c9/7cc9158e73a92bf0fe68675855bfc0651855865.jpg

Well, that's what I was thinking when I asked for that.:smallcool:

Lycan 01
2009-12-12, 03:51 PM
So... Would anyone be nice enough to offer to make me an avatar? Please? :smalltongue:

I just can't decide on what exactly I want... Nothing too complicated - just a Commissar of some sort. I just can't decide on what weapons or situation I want him to be in. :smallconfused:

Icewalker
2009-12-12, 03:51 PM
I think the six week rule was missed because people didn't notice it had been made. Theme weeks are so universally thought of and executed that a voted on decision about them will be missed by a third of the people who may end up making a week. I didn't see it (although I'm more of the 'joining in' type in this kind of scenario). Do people think the date should be moved?

Falgorn
2009-12-12, 03:54 PM
Well, that's what I was thinking when I asked for that.:smallcool:

Wait, we have a CthulhuitP? Never knew that.
But yeah, good job Rand.

Fan
2009-12-12, 05:19 PM
Nobody got the memo. :smalltongue:

And Night Surgeon, that looks like Sanguinius. Although wings are...not my speciality, i'll see what I can do.

Well, Sanguninius is the Primarch of the Blood Angels, and he's damn awesome, so do what you can, and know that I'll be grateful no matter how it comes out!

Solaris
2009-12-12, 07:25 PM
If someone gets me a template to work from, I can fill out some of the SM requests.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-13, 08:52 AM
...and...I am done.

Mephiston was starting to get tired of me saying that the firestorms and Lasers-from-the-skies are just uncontrolled manifestations of his powers by being around me, so I agreed to resurrect Sanguinius if he agreed to STFU.

Now all i gotta do is see if Mephiston is willing to uphold his end of the deal.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/sanguinius.png

charl
2009-12-13, 09:02 AM
Well, apart from the armour being the wrong colour (it should be blood red, of course) it looks nice.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-13, 09:05 AM
Sanguinius (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=sanguinius&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10) and Chapter Master Dante (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dante) are both depicted in golden armor.

charl
2009-12-13, 09:08 AM
Sanguinius (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=sanguinius&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10) and Chapter Master Dante (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dante) are both depicted in golden armor.

Didn't know that.

Fan
2009-12-13, 04:58 PM
...and...I am done.

Mephiston was starting to get tired of me saying that the firestorms and Lasers-from-the-skies are just uncontrolled manifestations of his powers by being around me, so I agreed to resurrect Sanguinius if he agreed to STFU.

Now all i gotta do is see if Mephiston is willing to uphold his end of the deal.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/sanguinius.png

Looks pretty good. Thank you very much! :smallsmile:

onasuma
2009-12-13, 05:56 PM
All the Primachs wore gold armour (bar Mortarions which was a sort of pale bronzey thing, but still could be called gold if needed).

Fan
2009-12-13, 06:37 PM
All the Primachs wore gold armour (bar Mortarions which was a sort of pale bronzey thing, but still could be called gold if needed).

Primarch Lion El Johnson would like to disagree with you in his Black, and green armor.

Lycan 01
2009-12-13, 08:24 PM
Hey, which do you guys think would be cooler? :smallconfused:

Commissar Gaunt as he was on the cover of "First and Only," looking like he's running forward with a Power Sword over his head and a Bolt Pistol? Or a generic Commissar with a Chainsword out to the side and a Plasma Pistol pointed at the sky in a dramatic pose?

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-21, 08:50 PM
I'd say the latter. With the sun peeking out of grey clouds behind him and hundreds of dead soldiers at his feet.

Lycan 01
2009-12-23, 05:29 PM
I dunno if I want it to be that detailed. I'm content with simple, as long as it looks cool. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, I found an awesome pic of Ciaphas Cain last night. I might end up seeing if somebody can do that for me... So yeah, its between:
-Commissar Gaunt from the cover of the first Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus
-Ciaphas Cain from the cover of the 2nd CC omnibus
-A generic commissar with a chainsword revved up over his head and a steaming plasma pistol held out to the side.

Yeah, I think I'll probably end up sticking with these after WH40K week, so I want to make sure it'll be something I like. :smalleek:

onasuma
2009-12-23, 06:04 PM
Primarch Lion El Johnson would like to disagree with you in his Black, and green armor.

Well, he was never done in the card format which most people see as the official one (if you dont know what I mean, heres the angron: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Angron_puzzle.jpg), and the only other GW rendering on him has him in green and gold. Who knows.

Lycan 01
2009-12-24, 03:18 PM
Ah, here we go...

So yeah, what should it be? :smallconfused:

Gaunt (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1150141&prodId=prod1170069)?
Cain (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2CJ2DgXAD9Q/Syee3rohlNI/AAAAAAAAAHs/XogyRWi7s-0/s1600-h/Defender+%28Cain+Omni2%29.jpg)?
Or the generic Commissar?

C'mon guys, anybody want to share some feedback?

Etcetera
2009-12-24, 04:00 PM
CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! Just cos' his books have a character in called Iyor DeDonki.

onasuma
2009-12-24, 05:43 PM
Not a commissar. Commissars are rubbish.

If you do insist, any commissar from the Death Korps - they have gas masks and are therefore cool.

Emperor Ing
2009-12-24, 06:01 PM
Sorry, not taking requests at the moment

As for Primarch armor color, I recall hearing Alpharius and Omegon wore generic Alpha Legion armor (I believe the gene seed flaw in the Alpha Legion makes all its members look identical, so I have a theory that Guilliman killed a regular Alpha Legion dude :smallcool:) and i've seen pictures of Guilliman wearing Gold, Blue+Green, and White+Blue armor.

loopy
2009-12-24, 06:11 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Let me join! :D

Anyone interested in making the Joker into a 40k character? (I believe that it is the only thing that could turn up his grimdarkness)

Emperor Ing
2009-12-24, 06:25 PM
The Joker seems to me like he'd be Dark Eldar, but as I said before i'm not taking requests at the moment.

Still, he qualifies to be Dark Eldar.

Dragonus45
2009-12-26, 01:49 PM
I would love to join in on the 40k fun, if someone could get my current avatar dressed as a commissar. Also if whoever does this could set him up with a chain sword guitar i would love you for ever and ever.

Gamerlord
2009-12-26, 03:19 PM
I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of all of you :smalltongue: .

Comet
2010-01-10, 07:12 AM
Since I'm all out of imagination juice, how about I simply ask someone to add some 40K accessories to my fremen avatar here?
A chainsword instead of his crys-knife, maybe a cyber implant over one eye, some kind of symbol on his belt. Or a nifty hat. Maybe recolour it a bit if necessary.

If anyone gets any ideas, go wild.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-10, 06:37 PM
I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of all of you :smalltongue: .

1) I still have mine up, you can't say the same thing. :smalltongue:
2) This guy's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=18174) been ahead of you for a VERRY long time. :smallbiggrin:

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-10, 07:10 PM
1) I still have mine up, you can't say the same thing. :smalltongue:
2) This guy's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=18174) been ahead of you for a VERRY long time. :smallbiggrin:

Same here. You aren't the first gamerkid. :smallamused::smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-01-10, 07:41 PM
Hey, just because I never use my 40K avatars...
http://i35.tinypic.com/257oakw.jpg

Silverraptor
2010-01-10, 09:39 PM
Alright. I'll try to enter this, if my inkscape works that is...:smallannoyed:

Lord of Rapture
2010-01-11, 05:03 AM
I don't understand this thread...

Isn't EVERY week WH40K week?

At least it is for me...

Emperor Ing
2010-01-11, 06:19 AM
I don't understand this thread...

Isn't EVERY week WH40K week?

At least it is for me...

Tell that to the over 9000 dudes who use girl avatars even though their gender is clearly labeled as "Male" on their profile and Gender Bender Week. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-01-11, 07:38 AM
Tell that to the over 9000 dudes who use girl avatars even though their gender is clearly labeled as "Male" on their profile and Gender Bender Week. :smalltongue:

Hey, the chaos symbol is gender-neutral...

Emperor Ing
2010-01-11, 10:04 AM
Hey, the chaos symbol is gender-neutral...
Your avatar is not of the chaos symbol. :smalltongue: [/captainobvious]

Silverraptor
2010-01-16, 03:42 PM
Ok, I know that it's late, but would there be anyone willing to make an avatar for me? Here are some refernce pictures:

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/Reference3.jpg
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/Reference2.jpg
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/Reference1.jpg

What I want is the giant gun with my miner guy firing it and the raptor reloading the gun. Give the miner guy the guard outfit and helmet while the raptor just gets a helmet that's not straped. Have the raptor holding the clip while looking into the direction the gun is firing. Also, give the miner guy a somewhat angry face as he's firing the gun.

Thanks in advance to all who would do this.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-16, 05:58 PM
For Warhammer 40k week, I got a few new 40k avatars for anyone interested.

Tau Crisis Suit
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5741/crisis2.png
Tau Hammerhead
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8486/hammerhead.png
Planet Killer
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/908/planetkiller.png
Ursarkar Creed
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3929/creedi.png
Abaddon the Despoiler
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6758/abaddon.png
Failbaddon
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8763/failbaddon.png

chiasaur11
2010-01-16, 06:24 PM
That is one nice crisis suit. If nobody else wants it I'd be honored to be able to use it.

charl
2010-01-17, 01:57 AM
I like the Planet Killer. Would you mind if I...?

Silverraptor
2010-01-17, 02:03 AM
Hey randomizer, want to try my request? Pretty please!:frown: Why isn't there a bamby eyes smiley?

Emperor Ing
2010-01-17, 07:59 AM
The avatars posted here are based on templates I already have, so sadly due to time I can't make anything at this moment. :smallfrown:

But for those who wanna take what I posted, go ahead, just give credit on signature.

Silverraptor
2010-01-17, 01:57 PM
*Sigh* I guess I got to skip this one. Can we maybe do this again sometime?:smallconfused:

Recaiden
2010-01-17, 07:38 PM
Okay, I've gotten a 40K avatar variation done. But I feel too much detail has been lost. The writing on the pauldrons and strips, the fact that the mace is a skull, the trim of the sash. Perhaps if I cut out most of the top of the flames...

And I've some 40K avatars others can use.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2n906e.jpg http://i35.tinypic.com/257oakw.jpg Various highly repetitive Necrons.

Mattarias, King.
2010-01-17, 08:37 PM
:smallbiggrin: Ooooh, Recaiden, I'm digging that avatar. My Sisters have fire feet too. And fire hair. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, dang, 40k week already? Guess I gotta hurry up on making an avatar. :smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-01-17, 09:33 PM
There's an explanation. It's a previously on fire avatar:
http://i36.tinypic.com/aob8xt.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/2hdzk35.jpg
Made a Sister of Battle
http://i48.tinypic.com/4kd0d0.jpg
The hair may have had something to do with this picture. (http://www.thq-games.com/resources/conceptart/large/98fe022896b1b0033e622aa099f56eca.jpg)

KilltheToy
2010-01-18, 12:34 AM
Ladies, Gentlemen, and androgynous xenos, I give you Inquisitor Shylok Holems of the Ordo Xenos, now with bionic eye, purity seal, and oddly undersized plasma pistol. Isn't the Mechanicus great? :smallwink:

This is what happens when I mess around a bit in Fireworks. I'm a long way from anything good. Ah well, practice makes perfect. It's just kinda hard to practice when you can't afford the software you want to practice with.

golentan
2010-01-18, 12:39 AM
I just want to double check that my avatar is visible in my avatar.

P.S. I say, Holems. That's amazing. How ever did you deduce that the Xeno had infiltrated the Astartes?

Emperor Ing
2010-01-18, 07:02 AM
P.S. I say, Holems. That's amazing. How ever did you deduce that the Xeno had infiltrated the Astartes?

I told 'em. Now all they gotta do is bunker down and pray the Grey Knights don't find 'em.

KilltheToy
2010-01-18, 07:10 PM

Well, he (http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Xeno) doesn't make much effort at not being obvious :smalltongue:.

On a side note, I thought purity seals weren't limited to the Astartes, but were present in the Guard and the Sister too.

Crimmy
2010-01-18, 07:18 PM
I've been silly not to show my Rand-atar.

Silverraptor
2010-01-19, 05:38 PM
And I've some 40K avatars others can use.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2n906e.jpg

I'm going to grab this one for the time being. I like it!:smallcool:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-19, 05:57 PM
On a side note, I thought purity seals weren't limited to the Astartes, but were present in the Guard and the Sister too.

Indeed. However, there's no shortage of them. As a running joke, Brother Arimham lines his pauldrons with purity seals and the rest of the company pretends to worship him as some sort of pinnacle of freedom from daemonhood. The reactions of the other Blood Angels is hilarious, you should've seen the look on Chapter Master Dante's face. :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 07:30 PM
Hm. Anybody want to make a 40K BR?

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 07:34 PM

Indeed. I believe I'm wearing three at the moment.

@BR: I'd try, but I have no ideas as to what to make him.

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 07:42 PM
Hmm. Maybe a 40K Brendan, then?

*knows nothing about 40K and thus can't make too many suggestions* =/

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 07:43 PM
Um...that's slightly more possible.

Though...what's your most evil character? They'd probably fit in best.

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 07:51 PM
Hm...that'd be Arina:
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0908/d14/1133/606d361.png
(there's red eyes under those glasses o.o)

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-19, 08:25 PM
Hey Icewalker.

*Hums Starwars Theme*
Da, da, dadada DAA, da, dadada DAA, da dadada daaaa...

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt165/Zorosuke/TheCrow.png?t=1263950360
Remember teh creditz. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2010-01-19, 09:35 PM
That is awesome. Thank you! Just one request: is it possible to make the contrast between the parts (helmet, hammer, cloak, etc) a little clearer? The whole thing is dark, which is good, but it makes it hard to see what it is and what's what. Thank you so much though!

I intend to keep a spoiler in my sig of all my Aviary avvies once I've gathered a few. The Crow makes an excellent addition. :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 10:11 PM
Yay! Thanks Recaiden! ^_^

http://i49.tinypic.com/123qps6.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/14w7x2r.jpg

Icewalker
2010-01-19, 10:16 PM
Oh, also, Maximum Zersk: you sized it at 121x121, where the forum max is 120x120, so it resizes it and it gets fuzzy. I can always cut off the pixel in paint or the like, it's not hard, just felt it was worth pointing out when you're putting them together in the future.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-20, 06:19 AM
I don't get it, what is it? It dun look like Black Legion.

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-21, 06:44 PM
Oh, also, Maximum Zersk: you sized it at 121x121, where the forum max is 120x120, so it resizes it and it gets fuzzy. I can always cut off the pixel in paint or the like, it's not hard, just felt it was worth pointing out when you're putting them together in the future.

Whoops, sorry 'bout that. :smallredface:

Usually I'm extremely careful with things like that. I get frusterated if I cant get it exactly 120X120.

By the way, nobody noticed that it's already 40k week?

Gamerlord
2010-01-21, 07:18 PM
Woops, I forgot about this week!
Better get my warhammer avvie on!

Ninja Chocobo
2010-01-21, 08:33 PM
I'm the grim darkness of the far future!

Mattarias, King.
2010-01-21, 11:13 PM
By the way, nobody noticed that it's already 40k week?

I did. Just haven't been able to throw something together, due to my tablet AND imaging software going all herpsderps on me. :smallsigh:

Pretend like I'm from a planet stuck in a warpstorm or sommin'. >.>;; I'm totally secretly one of you. Blame Creed. Wizards. Pixie dust. The moon!

Maximum Zersk
2010-01-22, 09:01 PM
Hey, Assassin's Creed has something to do with 40k...

...Somehow. :smalltongue:

I might make a drawing for 40k week.

Interestingly, today I got the rulebook, so I'm finally going to be able to play 40k soon. YAY!