PDA

View Full Version : Hellbreakers

Baron Corm
2009-12-04, 06:22 PM
Alexis and Falazure walk nonchalantly down a dusty road, just leaving their patrol for the night and heading home. Out of nowhere, a rift opens underneath their feet. They fall.

Abdiel sits in his cell, contemplating his next move. A strange symbol appears on the blank wall in front of him, which expands into a dark cyclone. It beckons him forward, and he cautiously moves closer to examine it. He falls.

Fëdhros grudgingly agrees to the task set before him by Hüras. He closes his eyes and takes a step forward. He falls.

Hephistos curiously walks towards the prison where Abdiel was being held. He notices a cyclone of dark energy suddenly erupt from the outside of one of the walls. It draws him in with incontestable force. He falls.

As you fall into your respective portals, you feel a penetrating, freezing cold (1 cold damage to everyone, guinea pigs excluded). The fall is slow and light at first, but suddenly accelerates to high speed. The chilling sensation quickly turns to uncomfortable warmth.

The five of you land ungraciously in a pile of tangled bodies. Your minds are groggy and frantic, as if you just woke up from one nightmare into another. A few seconds later, a mangled centaur falls on top of the lot of you, twitching, but surprisingly not bleeding. Before any of you have time to look around or react, your pile is pushed down into a separate area by an unseen force, bodies toppling over one another, finally landing with *thuds* and *squelches*. As your minds start coming back into focus, you hear thunderous sounds, like those of bulldozers, and the occasional scream.

For those who look beneath them:
The pile of bodies you are on is comprised of all sorts of humanoid creatures. You can make out orcs, goblins, humans, gnomes, and centaurs, just from a surface glance. They all look pretty beat up, and quite a few are missing limbs. The pile is not as much of a "pile" any more; being thrown to wherever you are has spread it out. Most of the creatures are groaning and starting to move.

For those who look at their immediate surroundings:
You appear to be deep underground, in some sort of pit, though it is brightly illuminated by torchlight and bonfires. On one side of you is the mouth of a cavern. On the other side is a jagged fence with wicked-looking spokes tipping it off, barring you from going anywhere but into the cavern. There is no gate to it that you can see.

Athaniar
2009-12-04, 06:29 PM
Fëdhros quickly focuses, looks at his grim surrounding, and then notices the various other creatures around him. "Who are you?", he asks nobody in particular as he tries to grab his bow, only to discover it isn't with him. He then checks for his sword, which is also not with him. Fortunately, his totemic egg is present and safe.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-04, 06:47 PM
Abdiel steps quickly away from the tangle of bodies. He makes sure his body is properly concealed and examines his surroundings. "What in the hells happened to me?". He prepares to fight if one of the others approaches him.

Kroy
2009-12-04, 07:45 PM
Alexis looks around and fails a spot check. Abysmally. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7438470&postcount=4)

She, very confused by the scene she mis-sees before her (not that succeeding the spot check would have helped) she stumbles back, turns around and tries to help Falazure to his feet.

Temotei
2009-12-04, 10:38 PM
Falazure gladly accepts the help from Alexis, feeling embarrassed that his outfit has torn quite a bit from the fall, but it doesn't show on his pale face. He then proceeds to help up some of the nearby "bodies" while the others regain their composure. It's now that Falazure realizes he's lost his mother's sword. He frantically searches for it, but the blade is nowhere to be found. :smallmad: I can't believe whatever sent us here took my sword! Come on! Let's find out who...or what...did this. Perhaps...we can learn more as we go. He wracks his brain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7439714&posted=1#post7439714) for ideas as to what this place might be.

Hmm...well, I'm not sure what this place is yet, but I'm sure if we explore some more, we'll find out...these moving "bodies" aren't really bodies. They're alive, just like...us.

WVM2
2009-12-05, 03:28 AM
Waking, Hephastos finds himself on a sub-pile of bodies, and weakly gets up off the ground. Looking around (Spot Check) seeing (presumably, with a 12) and finds nothing but a small, horned guinea-pig like creature on the ground, Hephastos picks him up and puts him in a small pocket. he fells an odd connection towards this small creature, like neither of them belong here. Looking around, he starts heading off in the direction where he thought he saw other movement.

Athaniar
2009-12-05, 11:11 AM
Fëdhros spots (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7441458&postcount=8) what appears to be a human and a half-elf (i.e. Alexis and Falazure). He walks up to them.

"Who are you," he asks in a semi-threatening voice, "and where is my equipment?"

Temotei
2009-12-05, 03:57 PM
Falazure looks him up and down, trying to see (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7442719&postcount=9) if he had any concealed daggers or explosive potions. I would ask the same of you. But if you're not sure where your equipment is, I doubt you know where ours is, and if we're both missing our equipment...that means neither of us is responsible.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-05, 03:59 PM
Noting that Hephistos is a tiefling, Abdiel start up a telepathic conversation.

Hephistos:
Hello, please do not react to this voice, you are not going insane. You are a tiefling, correct?

Athaniar
2009-12-05, 05:27 PM
Fëdhros accepts this.

"So, what is your business here in Baator? Oh, forgive me, I have not yet introduced myself. My name is Fëdhros Dor... Dal'arin. Fëdhros Dal'arin."

Temotei
2009-12-05, 06:37 PM
Falazure is relieved to see no conflict has come up so far. Still, just to be safe, he uses his true strike ability. Then he searches (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7443882#post7443882) the ground beneath him for any signs of weapons, armor, or anything else he can use, while telling Fëdhros: I've no idea why or how we ended up here...my name is Falazure. The woman standing here next to me is Alexis.

Alexis is also relieved that Falazure could handle the situation, even without her help. She looks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7443626&postcount=10) at the wicked-looking fence, and then into the cave, trying to find anything she may have missed before.

Baron Corm
2009-12-05, 09:18 PM
Off to the side where Abdiel is lurking, a halfling which previously looked like it was one of the many beaten up creatures abruptly jumps up from the ground and attempts to claw his face off, but misses horribly and ends up falling back down (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7444473&postcount=12). Several other creatures nearby also leap up, hissing, and quickly head for the rest of you, some with crude weapons made of sharpened bone. They all look gaunt and scarred, and have an evil and twisted look in their eyes. Apparently they show little respect for icebreaking conversations.

Battlefield Map:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8061/battlefieldt.jpg

Initiative count, should you choose to use it:

1. Falazure
2. Alexis
3. Fëdhros
4. Bad guys (2 halflings, 1 goblin, 1 elf)
5. Abdiel
6. Hephistos

Temotei
2009-12-05, 11:35 PM
Falazure heaves himself towards the halfling to his left and attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7445234&postcount=14) with his bare fists, knowing that if any of these people are lost, they could be done for--especially being where they were.

Alexis takes a defensive stance, getting ready for whatever these enemies can throw at them (rage use: +4 Con, +1 AC, +2 saves).

Baron Corm
2009-12-06, 03:28 AM
Falazure beats upon the poor, scrawny little halfling with unholy strength, leaving it barely standing with a single punch. The punch connects with a sickening *crack*, but strangely enough, no blood comes out of the halfling's mouth. It looks like it just might collapse.

Fëdhros is up.

Athaniar
2009-12-06, 01:42 PM
Once, Fëdhros would not have struck a fellow elf. That was the past. Rushing into action, he delivers a heavy punch (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7447709&posted=1#post7447709) to the elf's face.

Baron Corm
2009-12-06, 02:47 PM
The elf draws back in shock as the blow strikes his scarred face. He lets out a hiss.

The halfling next to Abdiel quickly stands up and gathers himself again, resuming his mission of clawing off Abdiel's face. One of his filed fingernails nearly penetrates one of Abdiel's eyes, but the tiefling moves aside at the last moment, taking just a scratch. (1 nonlethal damage)

The elf shouts out to his comrades, "They're lost! Take them down!"

The elf takes up a boxer's stance, and retaliates against Fëdhros with a decisive punch to the gut. He just barely connects against the swift Fëdhros, but nearly drops him with the single hit. (3 lethal damage)

The goblin rushes to rescue his halfling friend being attacked by Falazure, holding a shard of bone aloft, but in his haste misses his running stab completely.

Said halfling almost makes an effort to take revenge on Falazure, but the exertion causes him to do nothing but fall flat on his face, and lie very still. A sharpened bone he was holding rolls away.

Abdiel is up.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-06, 02:50 PM
Use Hex on the elf that hit Fëdhros.
"As if you could stand up to my dark forces."

Baron Corm
2009-12-06, 03:01 PM
Right before the elf hits Fëdhros, he stumbles on a pebble. However, this just propels his punch closer to its intended target.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-06, 03:02 PM
"If only I had a knife!"
Punch the halfling next to me.

Baron Corm
2009-12-06, 03:21 PM
Abdiel manages to hit the mangy little thing square in the nose, causing it to hiss and recoil.

Hephistos is up.

WVM2
2009-12-07, 09:25 PM
Hephistos summons his armor, now noticing all the commotion and the other around. He saw the halfling attack the others and goes to help them.

Hephistos summons soul armor then runs into the fray.

Temotei
2009-12-07, 10:14 PM
Falazure continues to beat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7457640&postcount=25) the halfling. He takes a moment to see how Alexis is doing, and yells to her, It's alright! They're petitioners! Evil beings. Don't hold back!

Baron Corm
2009-12-08, 12:55 PM
Falazure's continuous beating on the unconcious halfling roughs it up a great deal more. Even more bruises swell up on its broken face, but still no blood.

Alexis is up.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 06:39 PM
Alexis notices the piece of bone that rolled away from the halfling when Falazure beat down the halfling. She rushes over to the goblin (charge) and attempts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7469529&postcount=26) to smash its face in.

EDIT (OoC): Sorry. I messed up on damage twice. Apparently, when I tried to re-post damage correctly, the waiting period error changed it to [roll0]. So, I roll again.

Baron Corm
2009-12-09, 07:25 PM
Alexis, not paying much attention to the thread, misses her target completely.

Fëdhros is up.

Athaniar
2009-12-10, 02:28 PM
Praying to Sildarois for swift retribution, Fëdhros aims his fist at the elven petitioner once again, striking true (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133863).

Baron Corm
2009-12-10, 04:07 PM
Swift retribution is had, as the petitioners' elven leader is brought from fighting to the floor in a single punch.

The weakened halfling relentlessly claws at Abdiel.

The healthy goblin takes stock of its situation, then makes a run for it into the cavern (withdraw action).

Abdiel is up.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-10, 05:59 PM
Hex the halfling "Get away from me!"

Punch the halfling in the stomach, then 5 foot step directly away.

Baron Corm
2009-12-10, 11:30 PM
As the halfling goes in for the scratch, he is temporarily distracted by a random burst of flame in the distance, and misses.

Abdiel's untrained punch misses its target as well.

Hephistos is up.

WVM2
2009-12-12, 12:24 PM
[Sorry for taking so long guys, previous obligations]

Hephistos swings at the goblin, and misses horribly...

Temotei
2009-12-12, 02:00 PM
Falazure takes a 5-foot step over to the bone the halfling dropped, and picks it up. Gah...I wonder what creature this is from. He then uses true strike, readying himself.

Baron Corm
2009-12-14, 03:25 PM
Alexis suffers a bout of heatstroke and collapses. She then appears as if she's about to make a swift recovery, but them promptly faints again.

Fëdhros is up.

Athaniar
2009-12-18, 12:35 PM
Wishing for this to end as quickly as possible, Fëdhros charges (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133863&page=2) the still standing halfling with all his remaining power.

Baron Corm
2009-12-19, 02:06 AM
The halfling ceases its frantic scratching and falls to the floor.

Combat is over.

Temotei
2009-12-19, 02:49 AM
Well then...the halfling gets lucky...and so do I. I would hate to kill the souls.

Falazure notices Alexis on the ground, hauling the unconscious halfling nearby to her so he can tend to her, still holding the sharpened bone in a throwing-ready position.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-19, 01:00 PM
Send a Telepathic message to Falazure:
Say nothing about my heritage, to anyone.
Abdiel walks forward, towards the rest of the party.

Temotei
2009-12-19, 03:18 PM
Falazure, familiar with the voice, but unfamiliar with the communication, crinkles his face up in confusion and slight disdain. He quickly recovers however. Looking over at the halfling, he's sure the little guy is going to be out cold for a while. Falazure continues to try and help Alexis, but with his mind on other things, looking at the approaching "allies."

Athaniar
2009-12-21, 09:26 AM
Trying to appear strong despite his serious injuries, Fëdhros inspects the group, remaining silent.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-22, 12:36 PM
Abdiel stops when he is fifteen feet away from Falazure.
He sends a telepathic message to Falazure again.
You tried to kill me, you sucked my blood. How can I trust you, Vampire.

He glares at Falazure.

Temotei
2009-12-22, 05:01 PM
Falazure gets up slowly, clearly showing the sharpened bone he's still holding. He walks closer to Abdiel (close enough to hear a whisper), and uses true strike.

Whisper to Abdiel:
I don't believe you can trust me--nor can I trust you, tiefling...but I saw what you did back there. You tried helping the elf instead of yourself. There's got to be a shred of honor in you somewhere, no matter how deep it's buried. Perhaps combat brings it out in you. As for the...incident...I didn't mean to--how do I say it...--drain you. In fact, I had meant to only bring you back to Al...my friend. I am truly sorry for it, and I have regretted the blood spilled ever since. But if there's one thing I can tell about you, it's that you won't forgive easily. I don't want to fight you, though. If we plan on getting out of here--which I sincerely hope you plan on doing--then we'll need to help each other. We don't have to trust each other. General respect is all that is required.

Now...let's get out of this place before any more of those petitioners rise.

Falazure picks up the knocked out halfling and Alexis, and walks towards Fëdhros, not once turning his back to Abdiel.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-22, 05:43 PM
Abdiel nods, speaking to Falazure's mind.
Fair enough. We may as well try to survive down here and we can't do it on our own. As for the incident, try not to let it happen again, it was not pleasant.

Abdiel does as Falazure did, grabing a bone from one of the corpses. He faces, in turn, Fëdhros and Hephistos, addressing them.
I am Abdiel, and you are?

Athaniar
2009-12-24, 11:38 AM
"My name is Fëdhros Dal'arin,", Fëdhros replies to Abdiel.

Temotei
2009-12-26, 08:45 PM
Falazure sets down the halfling and Alexis for a moment to rest, then tears off some of the excess clothing on some of the nearby bodies and makes a makeshift bond to hold the halfling's hands and feet, then lifts him over his shoulder. He then puts the bone into the folds of Alexis' clothing and picks her up as well.

Falazure calls to everyone: Hey! I'm done with this place. I'm moving forward...

Falazure moves cautiously towards the cave. He prepares to throw down the halfling if anything comes out of the dark area.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-27, 12:56 AM
Abdiel follows, keeping to the shadows.

Baron Corm
2009-12-27, 01:52 AM
As you approach the cavern, a gigantic creature calmly lumbers out. It is humanoid in shape, but unlike any humanoid you might find on the Material. It is scaly and fat, like the unholy pairing of a crocodile and a toad, and at least twice as large as the centaur which fell on you earlier. It wears an extremely large, toothy grin. It begins to approach the nearest unconscious petitioner lying on the ground, and seems to pay no attention to Falazure, Abdiel, or Fëdhros.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-27, 01:58 AM
Abdiel raises his bone warily, stepping backwards.

Temotei
2009-12-27, 02:13 AM
Falazure moves as quickly as he can without making a huge noise or alerting it, almost tripping over himself with the extra weight on his shoulders. He doesn't drop the halfling, for fear that the beast will eat the little guy, or maybe take him away.

He does, however, crouch and move fairly slowly (medium load -- 20 ft, plus half speed for hiding = 10 ft.), trying to be as inconspicuous as possible (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7577332&postcount=41).

Athaniar
2009-12-27, 08:02 AM
Fëdhros steps as far away from the creature and the petitioner as he can, while still keeping his gaze on the fiend.

Baron Corm
2009-12-27, 11:41 AM
The creature scoops up the petitioner, a goblin, with its clawed hands, and deposits it in its mouth. It then moves to the next closest creature, which happens to be human. The human is just now rousing. He looks terrified and seems like he's about to run.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-27, 01:01 PM
Abdiel moves into the shadows, doing his best not to be noticed. He then sends a telepathic message to the creature:
Who, or what are you, just speak loudy, I will hear you.

Temotei
2009-12-27, 02:18 PM
Falazure sees what's about to happen to the human and drops both Alexis and the halfling in a rush, making sure to grab the bone from Alexis' clothing before sprinting towards the human to try and retrieve them and keep going, completely forgoing stealth.

Falazure's thoughts:I'm stupid. I really shouldn't be doing this. But...I can't let a human die...again.

He gives pause at that thought for a split second, but continues on his way to help the poor man.

Falazure's inner strength wells up inside, giving new purpose and new clarity. (True strike preparation)

Baron Corm
2009-12-28, 12:05 PM
The creature swiftly lets loose its tongue in a frog-like manner to catch the fleeing human. Unlike a frog, the creature's tongue is covered in spikes the size of a halfling, and looks more suited for impaling than sticking to things.

However, before the lightning-fast mace-tongue can reach its target, the creature is momentarily distracted and confused by strange noises in its head. This gives Falazure the time to pick up the human petitioner and narrowly get him out of there, as the tongue hits the ground with a BOOM, and is then retracted into the creature's mouth. The vibrations of the impact are felt throughout the penned-in area.

The relaxed demeanor of the creature does not change as it goes on to the next nearest petitioner on the ground, another human.

Temotei
2009-12-28, 02:11 PM
Falazure runs away from the beast, knowing that the rescue was stupid, and realizing that if he was hit by that tongue, he'd probably be dead.

No...

Falazure's brain takes over his heart. While dropping the human, he decides to stay back and hide and observe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7584091&postcount=46).

Mythestopheles
2009-12-29, 11:30 PM
Abdiel watches, amused by Falazure's dash to save the human. Despite himself, he also is a bit impressed with the success.

Baron Corm
2009-12-30, 10:46 AM
The human lies limp as the creature picks her up effortlessly, and puts her into its mouth. The creature then uses its tongue to impale a nearby goblin, and retract the poor thing back into its mouth. It then picks up a centaur with one hand, and carries it back into the cave.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-30, 11:45 AM
Abdiel waits until he can't hear any trace of the creature, then he carefully stepps out into the open.

Temotei
2009-12-30, 03:22 PM
Falazure looks down at the human petitioner, who is obviously stricken with a paralyzing fear. He lays him down on the ground and walks over to where he had set Alexis and the unconscious halfling. Making sure the halfling is still bound tightly, he lifts them both up onto his shoulders, then walks slowly--cautiously--over to Abdiel's side, with the bone still in his hand.

We have to get moving before another one of those show up, or something worse! Let's go. Fëdhros! Get over here! We're leaving.

Falazure knows the risk in yelling, but he also knows that without support from allies, they could all perish in the depths of Baator.

Mythestopheles
2009-12-30, 03:35 PM
Abdiel aproaches, speaking to Falazure and Fëdhros directly to their minds. Falazure's right, we need to go. If we don't keep moving we will most likely die In agony.

Athaniar
2009-12-30, 06:00 PM
Fëdhros decides that following the others is the wisest thing to do. He follows.

Temotei
2009-12-30, 06:22 PM
Falazure steps behind the others--I'm vulnerable while holding these two. I'm not leaving Alexis behind, and the halfling may come in handy later.

For those succeeding on a Spot check of DC 15:
He casts an involuntary glance towards Abdiel, then quickly tears his gaze from him. Falazure's head doesn't turn, making it difficult to notice.
Lead the way.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-02, 12:48 AM
Very well, lets go.

Abdiel walks into the mouth of the cavern. Moving cautiously and sticking to the shadows.

Temotei
2010-01-02, 01:32 AM
Falazure notes Abdiel's tactics, and stays back to allow him to scout ahead a little. He follows some distance behind, also trying to stick to the shadows (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7611752&postcount=48), but not expecting to.

Baron Corm
2010-01-02, 09:43 AM
The cavern is rather shallower than one might expect. It quickly opens up into a large room. Against the wall are six structures which look like gigantic spiked toilets. In the corner is a cracked stone slab. There is a large, blood-soaked carpet in the middle of the room. It is dimly lit by torches on the walls.

The creature is by the "toilets". It appears to be vomiting into one of them.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-02, 10:46 AM
Abdiel explains telepathicaly to the others what he is seeing.
"There appears to be six strange structures, they appear to be some form of oversized chamber pots. I also see the creature from before vomiting into one. What are your opinions on what to do?"

Temotei
2010-01-02, 04:37 PM
As long as the creature is apparently distracted, perhaps we can go by it...

Falazure moves up to look himself and notices the cracked slab.

Maybe we can use that.

He slowly inches forward, to take a better look (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7618443&postcount=49) at the chamber.

Baron Corm
2010-01-03, 02:32 PM
Falazure gets farther in, nearly on top of the carpet in the center of the chamber, and looks around. The cavern is brightly light by torches, and mostly bare, so there isn't much else to see. The only sounds that can be heard are the wretching of the creature, and the echoes of Fëdhros, Falazure, and Abdiel's steps and whispered voices.

After a few minutes, the creature stops doing whatever it was doing, and heads back outside.

Temotei
2010-01-03, 05:10 PM
Falazure turns back towards Abdiel and Fëdhros and says, The room's mostly empty. Just the bloodstained carpet and that creature we saw before. He's turning away from where he was retching. I can hear voices as well. Tread carefully.

He steps back a little bit to allow Abdiel or Fëdhros to lead.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-03, 05:13 PM
Abdiel moves into the room cautiously, in case the monster is nearby. Abdiel looks more closely at the bloodstained carpet.

Temotei
2010-01-03, 05:20 PM
Falazure hops up, suddenly gaining a burst of energy! He sprints out into the room, forgoing stealth altogether, while still holding his charges. He does, however, use true strike.

Come on! Let's get out of here. That monster could come back at any time.

Athaniar
2010-01-08, 08:48 AM
Fëdhros also decides that it is wise to stay away.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-08, 10:36 AM
Abdiel nodds, moving swiftly behind Falazure.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 01:44 AM
Taking a quick survey of the room, Falazure decides to go into the closest opening to him. He slows slightly, to let the others get closer in case something attacks.

Hopefully, we'll get lucky and we won't encounter a deadly devil or that thing with the mace-like tongue that could rip our heads off. Logic says we will, though, so prepare yourselves.

Falazure enters a more focused state. His eyes appear to glaze over a little. Then, a certain air of resolve goes off him. He steps forward, prepared for anything.

OoC:
That means he used true strike.

Baron Corm
2010-01-10, 01:09 PM
Falazure hears the sound of some very heavy footsteps coming towards him. Before he can react to them, the creature impales Falazure with its spiked tongue, and swallows him whole.

The creature then proceeds to approach the hellish structures at the back of the cave. It ends its turn adjacent to them, facing them.

Abdiel does not hear the footsteps. All he sees is Falazure abruptly snapped up from the middle of the room, in the direction of the cave entrance, and then the creature walking past.

Combat is essentially over for now.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-10, 01:21 PM
Abdiel blinks, startled. What in the hells could that have been. Perhaps I should follow it at a distance. I would die in hell alone after all. Abdiel waits until the creature's footsteps are faint. He then cautiously follows it.

Baron Corm
2010-01-10, 02:50 PM
The creature throws a human it was carrying into one of the vats. It regurgitates multiple humanoids into another. At this close distance, you can make out that one of them is Falazure. You also notice a red flash as each humanoid is put in. The creature then turns and walks out of the cave once more.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-10, 02:52 PM
Continue following it at a distance. "I shouldn't be risking my life. Not for someone who tried to kill me." Abdiel thinks for a bit. "But if I don't I will probably die. He is stronger than me, I'll think of it as protection."

Mythestopheles
2010-01-10, 04:30 PM
Once the demon is gone, Abdiel approaches the toilet Falazure was dropped into. He looks into it.

Baron Corm
2010-01-11, 01:31 PM
His head barely reaching the top of the large vessel, Abdiel sees a swirling red vortex, with no sign of any lifeforms.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-11, 01:32 PM
Abdiel drops his bone into the vortex, examining the effects.

OOC: thats the bone I picked up, not one of my bones.:smalleek:

Baron Corm
2010-01-11, 06:14 PM
The bone appears to lose its shape, almost become liquid, as it swirls along with the vortex. Over the span of a few seconds, it fades, until no trace of it can be found.

Athaniar
2010-01-12, 06:08 AM
Fëdhros doesn't like the look of this, but he continues to stand perfectly still and alert in his current position.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-13, 11:16 AM
Abdiel sits down and thinks for a moment. “I shouldn’t help him.” He looks at the portal once more. “This portal looks similar to the one we went through to get here.” He jumps up. “That’s it! Its an exit.” Abdiel doesn’t sound very convinced. In a burst of movement, Abdiel jumps in the toilet-portal.

Baron Corm
2010-01-13, 11:45 AM
You leap into the maw of the infernal toilet seat. A wave of fire flares up around you. After what could be minutes, could be years, you fall (once again) onto a hard floor. You appear to be indoors, in what looks like a castle. You can see the bottom of a blood-stained staircase in one of the two corridors in front of you. Screams echo from that direction. Down the other corridor is the top of a staircase, which seems mostly clean.

Around you, in the small room you are in, you can see the unconscious bodies of Falazure and Abdiel, as well as various other unconscious bodies, such as the halfling petitioner Falazure brought along, and, notably, a minotaur which appears wide awake, yet chained up.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-13, 02:54 PM
Abdiel sits up shakily. "Oww, that was not a good idea." He looks over at Falazure, thinking. "He was not worth the effort. So why did I jump?" Shaking himself, he examines the miotaur mentaly speaking.

Telepathic message to minotaur.
"Do you pose danger to anyone in this room? Speak your answer aloud."

Lyndworm
2010-01-14, 01:10 PM
A twisted smile creeps onto the minotaurs broken face as his eyes search for the voice in his head. "Not while I'm chained up, I don't." His rumbling voice is hoarse with disuse, and has a strange accent to it, reminiscent of a time long past. As his eyes snap to Abdiel's appraising gaze, the great beast roars a warning "Should you come any closer, I'll shove these accursed horns through your heart!" Spittle flies from his gaping maw as his cry reverberates through your bones.

Athaniar
2010-01-14, 02:23 PM
Starting to hear troubling noises approaching him ((the noises are fake, a slight telepathic urging by the Eldritch Abomination)), Fëdhros decides it's worth the risk and jumps down the hellmaw ((I refuse to call it a toilet)) after Abdiel.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-14, 05:55 PM
Abdiel looks over at the minotaur, a smirk crossing his face.
Telepathic message to Minotaur:
"As if. You're chained up, so unless you're strong enough to break those chains - which I dought. You won't be hurting anyone for quite a while. That is, unless we have a reason to help you."

He sits down, looking at the minotaur, Making sure the chain looks secure.

Temotei
2010-01-14, 05:59 PM
Falazure twitches.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-14, 06:10 PM
Abdiel looks over at Falazure.
Telepathic to Falazure:
What? Do you expect me to help you? You've already gotten me into so much trouble.
He looks down at himself, only then noticing the extent of his own wounds. "After all, look at me." He whispers to himself

Lyndworm
2010-01-14, 07:11 PM
"So it is you in my head." rumbles the Minotaur. "If intimidation won't work, then why don't we try civility on for a change? I do so rarely, as of late... Tell me your name, little one, and you will learn mine."

Mythestopheles
2010-01-14, 07:24 PM
Abdiel smiles. "Very well, I am Abdiel"

Baron Corm
2010-01-14, 08:35 PM
Fëdhros lands in the same building as Abdiel, in the same location, with a *croomph*. Luckily for Abdiel that he moved.

Falazure twitches on the floor, with puncture wounds going clean through him. Strangely, there is no blood, and he seems to be alive and breathing. But he is definitely out like a light.

Lyndworm
2010-01-15, 02:00 PM
"And I am Pizme Thisskul, third son of Arnell, first son of Thorle, second son of Zimell. Release me and I will be indebted to you, Abdiel." If it weren't for the crazed look in his eye, the Minotaur's attitude might be described as dignified.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-15, 03:19 PM
Abdiel appears interested. "Indebted you say? Sounds interesting." Abdiel stands up, walks towards the minotaur and examines the chains, looking for any breaks.

Athaniar
2010-01-15, 05:22 PM
Fëdhros rises to his feet and remains silent while inspecting his surroundings, including the minotaur.

Baron Corm
2010-01-17, 03:17 PM
Abdiel finds that, near the top of the chains, they have become rather corroded with time. Not quite brittle; they would still require quite a bit of strength, or a tool, to break.

Lyndworm
2010-01-17, 03:31 PM
"Are you going to get me out of these wretched chains or not, Abdiel?"

Mythestopheles
2010-01-17, 03:41 PM
Very well. Abdiel steps up to the chains, attempting to break the corroded parts.

Baron Corm
2010-01-18, 12:54 AM
Abdiel pulls on the chains, but they don't even budge.

Lyndworm
2010-01-18, 03:38 AM
Switching his attention to Fëdhros, Pizme snarls an order at him. "You there, Elf! Help the demonspawn with these chains and earn my gratitude." As the minotaur speaks, he begins straining at the chains with all his might.

Athaniar
2010-01-20, 11:07 AM
Fëdhros sighs, not quite overwhelmed with joy at the idea. Nevertheless, he realizes that they are going to need all the help they can get.

"I do not possess great physical strength, but I will try my best."

Fëdhros goes to help release the minotaur.

Baron Corm
2010-01-20, 07:52 PM
The combined efforts of Fëdhros and Pizme rip the chains off of their foundation easily.

Lyndworm
2010-01-20, 08:08 PM
As the chain link snaps, Pizme roars in triumph. "Thank you for your effort, my friends. Seeing as I am now indebted to you, what is my first task towards freedom?"

Mythestopheles
2010-01-20, 10:10 PM
"As of now, nothing. I would prefer if you simply owe me a favor. To be redeemed later."

Lyndworm
2010-01-20, 11:47 PM
"So it shall be, Abdiel." Turning to Fëdhros, the minotaur speaks again. "What is it you wish of me, Elf?"

Athaniar
2010-01-21, 04:37 PM
"I agree, there is nothing that needs to be done right now. However, we might need your skill later."

Mythestopheles
2010-01-23, 06:48 PM
Abdiel twiches as if proded by some unseen force. "We should get going." He approaches the upwards stairs, sticking to the shadows.

Baron Corm
2010-01-24, 10:58 AM
The sounds of screaming get louder the closer he gets to the stairs.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-24, 12:06 PM
Abdiel listens closely, trying to make out the screams.

Baron Corm
2010-01-24, 03:56 PM
It's not very hard to discern the screams. They say things like "AHHHHHHHHH!" and "PLEASE, NO, AHHHHHHHH!"

Mythestopheles
2010-01-24, 04:06 PM
Abdiel takes a bit of time to enjoy the screams. Then remembering where he is, he aproaches the other staircase.

Baron Corm
2010-01-24, 04:27 PM
There are no sounds or notable sights coming out of this staircase. It is stone, and bordered by stone brick walls, just like the rest of the building. The stairs seem to spiral downward, and not much else can be seen beyond the first turn.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-24, 09:48 PM
Abdiel looks back to his allies. "So, which way should we go?"

Temotei
2010-01-24, 09:51 PM
Falazure twitches.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-25, 08:13 PM
Abdiel sighs, then grins. "Should I take that for upstairs?"

Baron Corm
2010-01-28, 08:28 PM
Pizme and Fëdhros, overcome by the excitement of finally breaking the chains, fall unconcious, leaving Abdiel suddenly alone in a rather hostile location.

Mythestopheles
2010-01-28, 09:06 PM
Abdiel suddenly becomes almost scared. He looks around then grabs Falazure. "You've caused me so much trouble so far..." He then begins to take the non-bloody staicase.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-29, 03:26 PM
As he walks, a small form comes into view. It carried a large Axe, and could be heard talking to nothing in particular.

Goblin
"Crk not like this place. Stupid stairway, stupid building, stupid everything. Crk want go home. Want kill Clerics."

Crk wheeled about, and stood there, taking in the Tiefling for a moment. He quickly surmised that the fellow probably wasn't a Devil. Not that he was altogether sure what a Devil was, but they all seemed to try to hurt him the moment he saw him. So Crk went with the easiest solution.

"You thing that belong here? Or you like Crk. Not belong."

Crk hefted the Axe, looking at the Tiefling.

"Crk help thing that not belong. Crk kill thing that belong. Which you?"

Mythestopheles
2010-01-31, 11:57 AM
Abdiel looks tiredly at the goblin. "A simpleton, I see. Like you, I am not a native. If you can't understand that. I don't belong here."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-31, 01:33 PM
Crk shrugged, not really sure what that meant.

"You help Crk, Crk help you?"

Mythestopheles
2010-01-31, 01:57 PM
Abdiel sighs. "Very well."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-31, 08:54 PM
Crk looked about, and shrugged.

"Crk need help get out. Crk lost."

Athaniar
2010-02-01, 06:01 AM
Fëdhros, who has quickly recovered, is sceptical.

"Lots of people who want to help us here. Just know this: you will not earn the trust of Fëdhros Dal'arin unless you prove your good intentions and worthiness."

Lyndworm
2010-02-01, 04:29 PM
After suddenly regaining consciousness, Pizme strides toward the voices of his masters. "Do you mean to imply that you doubt my word, Elf? I have pledged my allegiance to you and Abdiel, and I meant it with every fiber of my being. Until my debt is repaid, your goals are my goals and your life is my life. I am a man of honor, and I shan't break my oath." Turning to the small being in his presence, Pizme speaks to his dimwitted new ally. "Greetings. Your name is Crk, yes? I think we could make use of one another. Provided my compatriots have no objections, I would like you to travel with us.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-01, 06:00 PM
Abdiel nods "Very well, he may accompany us."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-01, 06:05 PM
Crk nodded. He had no idea what had just happened, but at the end of the day, it appeared that they had reached a decision.

"Crk help. But Crk not good at directions. Crk lost. Building big, staircase long, Crk no know how get out. You know how get out?"

Lyndworm
2010-02-01, 06:12 PM
The grizzled minotaur ponders a bit before answering. "No, Crk, I do not. I think our first order of business should be to determine whether we are nearer the top or bottom of this structure. From there, we can extrapolate in which direction we must travel. With any luck, we can find a window soon. That would certainly help some in this matter."

Mythestopheles
2010-02-03, 10:14 AM
Abdiel looks back. "Seems we aren't making any progress." Abdiel walks back to the main room. Cursing at Falazure's unconsious body all the while. Yet he continues to carry him.

Athaniar
2010-02-03, 02:33 PM
"I have good reason to doubt the word of just about everyone. But I will accept your good intentions for now, all of you. However, if any of you do attempt to in any way prevent me from accomplishing my objective, you will find me prepared."

Mythestopheles
2010-02-03, 02:47 PM
Abdiel completely ignores Fëdhros, seeing as he had just stated the obvious (in Abdiel's mind). He approaches the other stairway, not actually going up.

Baron Corm
2010-02-03, 09:33 PM
The stairway is steep and long enough that Abdiel can just barely not make out the top of it. He can still hear screams, but they seem to be more sporadic, and shorter in length.

Lyndworm
2010-02-03, 10:35 PM
"Shall I go ahead of you, Abdiel? To better absorb the brunt of an attack."

Mythestopheles
2010-02-03, 11:31 PM
Abdeil nodds gravely. "Very well."

Lyndworm
2010-02-04, 12:17 AM
The great beast nods once, shakes himself, and summons his Soul Weapons. "It shall be done, then. Be ready to fight, companions." Cautiously, Pizme makes his way up the stairs.

Baron Corm
2010-02-04, 06:13 PM
Pizme sees a section of a labyrinthine room. Directly ahead of him is a solid wall. To the left and right, the wall becomes see-through grates, almost like jail bars. Pizme can see that the left and right corridors both extend about 40 feet, and then turn a corner. A thin pool of blood makes a soft *gloop* sound as Pizme gets to the top of the stairs. It appears to coat the entire floor.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9141/75824120.png

Lyndworm
2010-02-05, 05:28 AM
Pizme recoils at the metallic scent and turns back to the group. "It seems clear, gentleman, but it's not pretty. I'll go a little further." He makes good on his word and moves towards the left wall, trying to see anything unusual beyond the grate.

OOC:
If Pizme finds nothing beyond the left grate, it can be assumed that he checks beyond the right, and then investigates the drip. It depends on how much time he has before something else happens.

Baron Corm
2010-02-05, 07:49 PM
Pizme can see only faint outlines of shapes in the darkness beyond the grates. However, as he gets closer, he begins to hear loud, clanking metallic noises. Straining his ears, he also hears barely audible music being played, like that of a harmonica, down the left corridor.

Lyndworm
2010-02-06, 07:33 AM
"I can see nothing, but there are most definitely others up here." Softly shouts the minotaur. "I'm going to move forward." Pizme heads down the hall, and towards the music.

Sliver
2010-02-07, 01:31 PM
Next to a closed door sits an man on the floor, leaning on the wall. Around his forehead is a thin green headband that is wrapped behind his ears, which you notice are sharpened. The man wears fancy and colorful clothes and holds his hands close to his mouth, and it sounds like he is playing on a harmonica. As he hears the minotaur walking, he stops playing and turns. Lowering his arms, you see that there is no instrument. "Hello?" He asks, sounding unsure if you are hostile or not.

Temotei
2010-02-08, 12:48 AM
Falazure opens his eyes and twitches on Abdiel's shoulder.

Err...I'm up.

Getting down from his perch, he notices the goblin following closely behind.

...I imagine you're coming with us. And...the minotaur scouting up ahead?

Falazure reaches for his bone weapon.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-08, 10:12 AM
Abdiel rolls his eyes towards Falazure. "Took you long enough."

Lyndworm
2010-02-08, 10:36 PM
"Greetings, fellow." Says the minotaur to the sharp-eared musician. "I mean you no harm or slight at this time. Tell me, how is it you've come to be in a place such as this?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-08, 10:40 PM
Crk nodded at the question directed toward him.

"Crk Help! Crk want out. Out building, out place, go back. Crk help you, you help Crk!"

Temotei
2010-02-08, 11:31 PM
In answer to the goblin, Falazure smiles and bows a little.

Of course...now, where are we?

Lyndworm
2010-02-08, 11:45 PM
OOC:
Sorry for the confusion, Temotei, but Pizme was speaking to Headbandman, not Falazure. My post will be edited slightly to show my intentions more clearly.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-09, 12:04 AM
The Goblin smiled, his crooked sharpened teeth showing clearly.

"In building."

Sliver
2010-02-09, 01:49 AM
"I'm not sure.." Says the man and stands up. He looks a bit more relaxed by encountering the not hostile minotaur "One moment I was walking in the forest, I saw some strange object in a clearing.. Then, I was here. What is here?"

Mythestopheles
2010-02-09, 10:10 AM
Abdiel shrugs. I'm not quite sure, though I suspect we're not on the material plane any more.

Athaniar
2010-02-09, 04:43 PM
Fëdhros, who has appeared on the scene, chuckles grimly.

"Material plane? This is Baator. This is Hell."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-09, 04:50 PM
Crk finally got what they were talking about.

"Point-Ears right. Crk dead. Crk have head chopped off. With Crk Axe."

Crk shrugged.

"Not hurt bad. More make Crk angry. Axe not like either. Axe Crk's friend."

Temotei
2010-02-09, 06:51 PM
You're dead? Interesting...I don't think...any of us are dead.

Falazure shuffles a little, but walks a bit closer to the goblin, searching for signs of injuries from an axe.

Sliver
2010-02-10, 12:09 AM
"Hell.." Anson repeats "My name is Anson by the way, I understand this-" He motions at the goblin "-is.. Crk.. What about you?"

Temotei
2010-02-10, 12:17 AM
My name is Falazure. I'm not dead.

Thinking himself somewhat clever, he smiles slightly, despite their situation.

Yes...we've already encountered petitioners. They weren't very happy to see us.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-10, 10:09 AM
Abdiel nodds to the newcomer. "I am Abdiel."

Athaniar
2010-02-10, 11:15 AM
"Fëdhros Dal'arin. Also alive, so far."

Lyndworm
2010-02-11, 12:28 AM
"I am Pizme Thisskul, third son of Arnell, first son of Thorle, second son of Zimell. I owe my life-debt to the ones called Abdiel and Fëdhros, and will travel with them until such time as they deem it unnecessary."

Sliver
2010-02-11, 01:11 AM
Anson nods "I will not hide this, as I have no chance of survival on my own, and wish to join you. Unfortunately, the travel this way must end, unless one of you knows how to talk a door into opening. I tried.."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-11, 01:22 AM
Crk motioned with his hand, the vicious Executioners Axe appearing from where ever it went when he didn't need it.

"Axe talk to door? Axe very convincing."

Sliver
2010-02-11, 01:29 AM
"What did the axe talk to your throat about?" Anson asks jokingly, wondering if this is the first time Crk didn't say his name in a sentence.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-11, 01:31 AM
Crk looked over at Anson, his eyes narrowed and dangerous for a moment.

"Axe Crk's friend. Said sorry. Axe make it up though. Crk call, Axe come. Now Axe break door or not?"

Mythestopheles
2010-02-11, 11:40 AM
Abdiel shrugs. "No disadvantage from trying, though I doubt he'll succeed."

Temotei
2010-02-11, 05:01 PM
We'll all try after Crk has entertained himself. If we can't do it together...with a minotaur...then it probably won't open for anything, with the clear exception being a true devil.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 06:20 PM
Crk shrugged, the conclusion appearing to be that he should attack.

[roll0] +[roll1]

22 Damage

Temotei
2010-02-15, 06:36 PM
If the door breaks: Falazure steps back, a bit surprised that the little goblin could break such a sturdy looking door, but smiles, remembering that appearances aren't everything. He chooses to hang behind most of the party as they advance.

If the door doesn't break: Falazure nods slightly, then steps forward to hit it as hard as his poor weapon will allow.

Baron Corm
2010-02-15, 11:49 PM
The door is reduced to splinters with a single swipe of Crk's axe. The moment the door is destroyed, all lights go out in the hallway, leaving it pitch black. A metal clanking sound is heard, like that of a latch or grate being moved.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-16, 12:25 AM
Crk patted the Axe, not really bothered by the dark. He couldn't see, but other things couldn't see him. He liked it that way. He dismissed the Axe with a shrug, and turned to where he remembered his new companions being.

"Crk tell you Axe convincing."

Sliver
2010-02-16, 01:31 AM
"Yes, real convincing.. Anyone got light? Sounds like soon we will have company.."

Temotei
2010-02-16, 01:56 AM
The rest of the group hears a sigh from Falazure.

Perhaps we should move forward.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-16, 12:07 PM
Interesting. Yes let us move forward before some horror ends up finding and eating us..

Lyndworm
2010-02-16, 01:58 PM
"I concur with Falazure and Abdiel; we must move. Did you not hear the enemies approaching from behind?" Pizme moves into the darkness ahead, wary of the danger closing in.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 02:01 PM
"You sure it's from behind?" Anson asks unsure and starts moving slowly behind one of the others, in arms reach.

Lyndworm
2010-02-16, 02:09 PM
Pizme stops to speak to the newcomer. "Can one be sure of anything in times such as these? Never-the-less, I'm betting my life on it. Do you not remember the grated walls in the last corridor?" He then continues into the darkness.

Temotei
2010-02-16, 02:58 PM
I'm err...injured, but I can see slightly...my eyes have adjusted. I'll take near the middle.

Baron Corm
2010-02-17, 12:32 AM
The group advances forward until they reach a cold, hard barrier of some sort. It has a rough surface. They still can't see anything at all in the pitch blackness (excepting Falazure). There are no sounds any more at all, except for the echo of their steps down the hallways.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-17, 12:33 AM
Crk padded along with the group. He just followed the sounds of their voices, perfectly content. Compared to what he gone through previously, this was heaven.

Temotei
2010-02-17, 01:00 AM
There's a fork going right and left. Both ways show nothing really visible from this range...which way should we go? I vote left.

Athaniar
2010-02-17, 03:47 AM
Fëdhros picks up a splinter of the demolished door, intending to use it as a weapon (in lack of a better one), and then follows the others, staying close.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-17, 10:39 AM
Well, I don't have a coin, so this will have to do.
Abdiel throws his bone up in the air, catches it and decides based off how he caught it.
Looks like I'm voting right.

Lyndworm
2010-02-17, 03:36 PM
"We do not have time for votes, people!" the minotaur bellows. "Never-the-less, I vote that we head right, as has my liege before me." With that, Pizme starts heading right, but stops before he gets too far away from Abdiel.

Sliver
2010-02-17, 03:44 PM
"I.. Don't care where we go. Unless you know something about either of these options, it's not really a meaningful option as it is quite random where we find ourselves next."

Mythestopheles
2010-02-17, 03:55 PM
Abdiel follows behind prime.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-17, 05:14 PM
Crk just followed along again. At some point, something would happen. Hopefully it would involve some light.

Temotei
2010-02-17, 11:04 PM
Right it is then. Off we go...quickly.

Falazure scans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7912170&postcount=68) the area to where his vision extends.

Hmm...considering you can't see, I would say leaving without me would be a bad idea. That's just me though. Do what you will.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-17, 11:18 PM
Abdiel shrugs. I suppose, if deem it necessary.

Baron Corm
2010-02-18, 12:06 AM
The party takes the right fork, and another metal sliding sound is heard, ending in a thunderous BOOM. If they keep progressing forward, they hit another wall.

Temotei
2010-02-18, 12:15 AM
We're trapped. That crash closed us off to our way back. I'll look around for a way out.

Falazure creeps off to search (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7912711&postcount=70) the room.

Lyndworm
2010-02-18, 04:54 AM
"Hurry back, compatriot. I dislike being deprived of my sight very much."

Temotei
2010-02-20, 11:38 PM
There's a lot of...death. Group together. I see some sort of knob as well...

Falazure taps the knob with his fingernail, but keeps the rest of his body as far away as possible.

Athaniar
2010-02-21, 03:38 PM
Fëdhros readies himself, holding his "club" in attack position.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-22, 02:00 AM
Crk held out his hand, and the Axe appeared again.

"What mean lot of death? Crk kill lot of people, never see death. Just dead people."

Temotei
2010-02-22, 02:06 AM
Falazure chuckles.

Skeletons are on the floor, Crk. All over. Bones.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-22, 02:08 AM
Crk cocked his head.

"How old bones? Bones have marrow. Make stew. Crk like Marrow Stew."

Temotei
2010-02-22, 09:16 PM
Err...well...it looks like there's a bit of marrow...it's a leg.

Falazure picks up the leg and tosses it to Crk.

Catch!

He turns back to the knob in the wall and tries pushing and pulling it.

Lyndworm
2010-02-22, 10:58 PM
"If you two are about done gossiping, can we get to the part where we escape Baator?"

Baron Corm
2010-02-24, 10:58 PM
Falazure pushes and pulls to no avail.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-24, 11:08 PM
Abdiel turns around and whispers to himself. "Hmm, indeed? Very well, I will see what he has to offer." Abdiel then begins to speak in infernal to himself.

Almost immediately after he finishes speaking, a small Yugoloth appears (a Brutal minion).

Temotei
2010-02-24, 11:17 PM
Hey! Good thinking.

Falazure steps back from the knob for the yugoloth to try if it chooses. Surely, Falazure thinks, an outsider creature will know more of this kind of thing.

Athaniar
2010-02-25, 09:30 AM
Fëdhros almost strikes the creature before realizing it is on his side. Still wary, he steps back, ever prepared for combat.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-25, 09:48 AM
Crk was busy feeling around in the Darkness for the Leg Bone, after it had hit him in the Forehead. After all, it was dark, and he couldn't see it. His other hand still firmly held the Axe.

Mythestopheles
2010-02-25, 03:38 PM
Abdiel smiles amusedly at the reactions from his compatriotes.