PDA

View Full Version : Best AXE?

Lerky
2009-12-04, 08:10 PM
Hey all, my girlfriend has been urging me to buy AXE Touch but I personally like Phoenix. So I decided to look up the best axe online, but I only got threads talking about chopping axes:smallannoyed:

So I figured I'd create my own thread, to wonder about what the playground favourite AXE body spray is

Jack Squat
2009-12-04, 08:16 PM
Personally, I think all of it smells rank - probably mostly from teenagers overapplicating it and axe/tag bombs in the locker bays/hallways. Though it does make cool colors when you put it to flame.

IMO, stick to a good deodorant (I personally prefer unscented and not antiperspirant), bathe regularly, and you don't need anything more.

Flickerdart
2009-12-04, 08:35 PM
http://supermorelia.com/cinemorelia/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Gimli_With_Axe.jpg

And you shall have my AXE.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-04, 08:53 PM
Best AXE is no AXE.

AXE sucks epically, it smells horrible, and tends to irritate my nose/throat. I don't have a very sensitive (compared to others) nose or throat.

Worira
2009-12-04, 10:03 PM
Well, I was going to suggest a splitting maul, but apparently this topic is about perfume. So whatever.

raitalin
2009-12-04, 10:07 PM
I never much cared, just stuck to stick deodorant. Then my Ex picked out AXE "Essence" as something she liked, so I switched to that. I still get compliments on it, but then I apply it like a reasonable human being.

I've also worn "Dark Temptation" and gotten positive feedback on it.

Falgorn
2009-12-04, 10:09 PM
Smell-wise, I've loved chocolate.

Commercial-wise, however, I liked Instinct the best. Because I look good in leather...:smallamused:

Lupy
2009-12-04, 10:10 PM
You don't need that stuff man.

Deodorant and soap is all you need.

AshDesert
2009-12-04, 10:27 PM
Most of the time I just prefer to smell like nothing (i.e. soap and normal deodorant), but when applied reasonably, I think AXE chocolate is the best. It doesn't really smell like chocolate IMO, but in small amounts, it has a nice sweet scent without being overpowering.

TheThan
2009-12-04, 10:30 PM
Well, I was going to suggest a splitting maul, but apparently this topic is about perfume. So whatever.

i thought it was about electric guitars...

Flickerdart
2009-12-04, 10:32 PM
Actually, I remember those Lovecraftian perfumes, get one of those for epic win.

Shraik
2009-12-04, 10:36 PM
False Advertising. I tried axe deodorant and unlike the commercial I did not get raped by large amounts of considerably attractive women. Damn TV lies.

Any way, they make stick deodorant axe, just use that. It works fine. I wish I had more but all I have left is the spray, which isn't that bad cause I put it under my arms. Its not meant to be sprayed onto your clothing like fa breeze.

Perenelle
2009-12-04, 10:39 PM
You don't need that stuff man.

Deodorant and soap is all you need.

I second that. Why should you have to smell unnatural? I'd rather date a guy that smells normal as apposed to smelling like Axe.

I mean, if you really wanted to smell nicer than just get scented soap or something. I know some guys that tried to use Axe and they just ended up using too much and smelling disgusting.

If you have to wear Axe, then dont load yourself up with it. small amounts go far. If I had to pick an Axe that smells best it'd probably be that Chocolate stuff. Old spice smells good too, even though thats not Axe.

alchemyprime
2009-12-04, 10:44 PM
Do we need to stick to the brand? If so, Dark Temptation.

If not... I like switching between Old Spice (for casual dates), Grey Flannel (for fancy dates or first dates or special occasions. Drives the girls I've used it one WILD) or just good old unscented Speed Stick for when I'm just around the house or at work.

Though I do carry a can of Dark Temptation on me when I wanna smell fancy... like raspberries.

Or turn into a chocolate golem. Either one.

Now, off to whistle the Old Spice tune!

Eon
2009-12-04, 10:52 PM
Anyone who goes into a locker room/crowded locker bay/place with people and sprays axe should be banned from buying it. It makes it hard to breath.

Also, don't it's not needed.
@ unscented deoderants.... why does mine have a smell?

Jack Squat
2009-12-04, 11:17 PM
Anyone who goes into a locker room/crowded locker bay/place with people and sprays axe should be banned from buying it. It makes it hard to breath.

Agreed. Or at least they should be shoved in a broom closet with a busted one tossed in.

@ unscented deoderants.... why does mine have a smell?

Because unscented doesn't mean that it doesn't have a scent, it means that scents weren't added, because we're manly enough we don't need to cover up our natural odor with some frilly "ocean breeze" or whatever. :smallwink:

Scent-Free would mean it doesn't have a smell to it. As it is, I think most of the unscented ones smell like soap, so I don't give it much thought.

scsimodem
2009-12-04, 11:31 PM
http://supermorelia.com/cinemorelia/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Gimli_With_Axe.jpg

And you shall have my AXE.

When I read the subject, I honestly thought this was the kind of AXE the guy meant. I actually prefer this kind of axe.

Fawkes
2009-12-04, 11:36 PM
Hey all, my girlfriend has been urging me to buy AXE Touch but I personally like Phoenix.

Then use Touch.

Why are we still talking about this?

the geekish one
2009-12-04, 11:56 PM
Actually, I remember those Lovecraftian perfumes, get one of those for epic win.
I remember those too. If you're lucky using it will rupture the void between this realm and the forgotten abyss. :smallwink: They far surpass any AXE deodorant.

skywalker
2009-12-05, 01:01 AM

Yeah, I clicked thinking "hey, maybe it will have some discussion of guitars I've actually heard of, and not just a bunch of triple-necked metal guitars."*

I think all the "stay the hell away from AXE" advice is too late. OP is already an AXE user.

*Disclaimer: I am well aware that there are no "triple-necked metal guitars." It was a joke.

I second that. Why should you have to smell unnatural? I'd rather date a guy that smells normal as apposed to smelling like Axe.

Are we taking issue with all perfumes? Because I disagree with that. But AXE? Sure, hate on AXE all you want to.

Funny story involving AXE: My friend's brother tried to open a door with a full cup of vodka in one hand, and a full beer in the other. He dropped both, and after cleaning up the hall, decided it would be a good idea to cover up the heinous smell by spraying AXE everywhere. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Temotei
2009-12-05, 01:06 AM

I second that.

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-05, 02:29 AM
seriously... don't use axe

use an anti perspirant

if you want to smell nice, wear aftershave - but not too much of it

WarBrute
2009-12-05, 02:36 AM
I think the best use for axe is to tape down the trigger and toss it into the locker room. Though I would only advise this if you can run fast. Well faster than football players anyway.

Ah high school...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-12-05, 03:58 AM
Possible uses of Axe:
1. AXE people, that means, chop them up to little bitses. If not people, then trees or something.
2. Flamethrower.

Pauwel
2009-12-05, 06:29 AM
*Disclaimer: I am well aware that there are no "triple-necked metal guitars." It was a joke.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5479/317265-steve_vai_super.jpg

The Rose Dragon
2009-12-05, 06:35 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5479/317265-steve_vai_super.jpg

Dude. That's for wussies. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A)

Perenelle
2009-12-05, 07:38 AM
Are we taking issue with all perfumes? Because I disagree with that. But AXE? Sure, hate on AXE all you want to.

I was referring just to AXE, which smells horrid. light smells are fine, with AXE its like you walk by someone wearing it and get whammed in the face with the smell. :smallyuk:

Hadessniper
2009-12-05, 08:46 AM
Unscented deodorant and a very conservative amount of a good musk or cologne. Skip all axe products.

Linkavitch
2009-12-05, 09:12 AM
I actually thought this was another thread about guitars. Then I thought, "Oh. right.":smallwink:

Boo
2009-12-05, 09:19 AM
Try a few in a store (make sure you're not noticed) and see which your girlfriend likes better. Dark Temptation seems like the optimal.

I agree with Mechafox, why is this still a conversation? No one seems to realise that it's not up to them as to whether or not he buys AXE. His girlfriend likes it, and he seems to like it too, thus buying it makes sense.

(my ex went almost commercial crazy when I put AXE on... >> yeah.... I'm an Old Spice type of guy, however. Oh Neil Patrick Harris, I'll buy anything you want me to.)

I do agree on the locker room bit. In my school, whenever I go near the HALL with the boys' locker room I nearly pass out from the excess of AXE in the air. But that's thirty guys using it, so yeah. Remember to only put a small amount on.

Oh, and AXE is a deodorant (for those saying/implying it isn't). Yes. It is. Don't argue.

Gaelbert
2009-12-05, 12:40 PM
Personally, I think I smell the best after I rub myself down with my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Rutskarn
2009-12-06, 12:15 AM
It's all a conspiracy. The only thing you need to smell good is raw force of willpower.

Take me, for example. I don't bathe, use product, or change my clothing, and I smell like a 5-course meal cooked by master chef Gordon Ramsay.

This is fact.

Perenelle
2009-12-06, 09:38 AM
It's all a conspiracy. The only thing you need to smell good is raw force of willpower.

Take me, for example. I don't bathe, use product, or change my clothing, and I smell like a 5-course meal cooked by master chef Gordon Ramsay.

This is fact.

.... >.>
*backs away slowly*

I knew I smelled something. :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-12-06, 12:28 PM
You smelled something. You smelled your own shame.

BizzaroStormy
2009-12-06, 12:47 PM
I think they should make an AXE 3-pack with the scnets being, My Axe, My Bow, and My Shield.

OverdrivePrime
2009-12-06, 02:56 PM
Axe must be one of those scents that affects adults differently than teens. Anyone I know who's at least 20 reacts to the stuff like they're smelling a twelve-day-old rotted fish. My wife's students, however, douse themselves in it like they're actually trying to get their skin wet. And some of the girls seem to go for it, though I don't know if that's because they like the stench, or they just don't know any better.

Alteran
2009-12-06, 03:05 PM
Oh, and AXE is a deodorant (for those saying/implying it isn't). Yes. It is. Don't argue.

The issue is that it deodorizes, and then immediately reodorizes. With something terrible.

Mr. Mud
2009-12-06, 05:54 PM
Axe smells worse than cheap deodorant...

... Wait.

The Exception is the Chocolate Axe, which can be rather pleasing.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-06, 07:32 PM
I used to like Phoenix, but... I've been clean for 3 years and intend to stay that way. Hi, my name is Don Julio and I'm a recovering Axoholic :tongue:

Now it's Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Much more classy and all the cool kids are doing it.

Actually they're not, I honestly have no idea what colognes or deodorants or whatnot people are using because my sense of smell is almost non-existent, I just wanted to say that. And frankly I value my masculinity too much to ask.

Rutskarn
2009-12-06, 07:34 PM
Axe smells worse than cheap deodorant...

... Wait.

The Exception is the Chocolate Axe, which can be rather pleasing.

Chocolate Axe?

Chocolate...Axe.

...those bastards are muscling in on my territory!

Right, that's it. Time to assemble my crack team of salesman mercenaries for hire.

Lupy
2009-12-06, 10:01 PM
Chocolate Axe?

Chocolate...Axe.

...those bastards are muscling in on my territory!

Right, that's it. Time to assemble my crack team of salesman mercenaries for hire.

Those fools down at AXE HQ don't even know what they've brought upon themselves. :smalltongue:

Alteran
2009-12-06, 10:21 PM
Those fools down at AXE HQ don't even know what they've brought upon themselves. :smalltongue:

They are going to get a very sternly worded letter of condemnation. Oh, yes they will. And on the back? A very creepy drawing of Rustkarn, holding a sign that says "You Guys Suck".

Also something about an airstrike or whatever.

skywalker
2009-12-06, 11:40 PM
Now it's Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Much more classy and all the cool kids are doing it.

:smallyuk:

No offense, but, from my perspective?

Thajocoth
2009-12-07, 01:27 AM
I've got Axe: Touch and have occasionally used Axe: Vice. Someone recommended Touch to me and Vice happened to use the exact same colors on the can... I only apply a little. I'm occasionally complimented on how I smell by women who're close enough to smell me. Though, my mom, grandma and a couple of my aunts are among those who've complimented me, which is a bit creepy, really. When my mom had bronchitis, it really bothered her though. That's the only time anyone seemed to have a problem with it.

Don Julio Anejo
2009-12-07, 01:32 AM

No offense, but, from my perspective?

Huh? Sorry, me no comprendo what you mean by the smileys :smallfrown: Do you mean yuk as in you hate the smell or yuk as in you hate the idea of using nice cologne in principle?

skywalker
2009-12-07, 05:14 PM
Huh? Sorry, me no comprendo what you mean by the smileys :smallfrown: Do you mean yuk as in you hate the smell or yuk as in you hate the idea of using nice cologne in principle?

I hate the smell. The female version is ok, but the male version, IMO, is terrible. The idea of using nice cologne in principle? Of this, I am definitely in favor.

Dracomorph
2009-12-07, 05:50 PM

This is fact.

...Which meal? The one where the primary ingredient was durian soaked in cheap whiskey?

@Boo: Neil Patrick Harris couldn't sell me money, but Bruce Campbell could advertise cosmetic amputation and I'd just ask "how much?"

Lerky
2009-12-10, 06:39 PM
Do we need to stick to the brand? If so, Dark Temptation.

If not... I like switching between Old Spice (for casual dates), Grey Flannel (for fancy dates or first dates or special occasions. Drives the girls I've used it one WILD) or just good old unscented Speed Stick for when I'm just around the house or at work.

Though I do carry a can of Dark Temptation on me when I wanna smell fancy... like raspberries.

Or turn into a chocolate golem. Either one.

Now, off to whistle the Old Spice tune!

haha, wow that was well thought out. I might actually try some Grey Flannel and Old Spice.

and it might effect teens diffrent from adults, since most people I know (teens) love it. And I'm guessing people saying it's awful are at least over 20...just a guess...

Jack Squat
2009-12-10, 07:21 PM
and it might effect teens diffrent from adults, since most people I know (teens) love it. And I'm guessing people saying it's awful are at least over 20...just a guess...

Well, I'm 20, but I've never liked AXE. However, I'm not really too fond of cologne or perfume either, so I'm clearly not the target market.

skywalker
2009-12-10, 08:09 PM
haha, wow that was well thought out. I might actually try some Grey Flannel and Old Spice.

I've never liked AXE either...

I know a lot of athletes who used it because they didn't have time to shower after morning practice, but that only made them smell less bad, not good.

Knaight
2009-12-10, 08:30 PM
I've hated the scent since I first smelled it, and am a teenager.

Pocketa
2009-12-10, 10:13 PM
http://www.theaxeeffect.com/responsibleuse.html

Take the girlfriend to the store, have her smell'm all. I personally hate the peppery ones, and the ones that smell like food, or the ones that mix scents that don't mix right.

Mr. Mud
2009-12-10, 10:14 PM
I personally hate the peppery ones, and the ones that smell like food, or the ones that mix scents that don't mix right.

You mean... all of them? :smalltongue:

Pocketa
2009-12-10, 10:16 PM
No, there are a few I like, I just don't remember which ones, and none of my friends wear it. Also, guys apply it incorrectly. Spray from 6-9 inches away, mist it onto yourself! Don't graffiti it on. That's terrible.

Mr. Mud
2009-12-10, 10:21 PM
*shurgs* I'm an Old Spice man myself. In general, I find the idea of body sprays you can smell from more than 2 feet away kind of obnoxious. I'll stick to my stick deodorant, thanks :smalltongue:.

skywalker
2009-12-11, 04:11 AM
No, there are a few I like, I just don't remember which ones, and none of my friends wear it. Also, guys apply it incorrectly. Spray from 6-9 inches away, mist it onto yourself! Don't graffiti it on. That's terrible.

Aw, no double pits to chesty?

Archonic Energy
2009-12-11, 05:05 AM

This is fact.

yeah... shame it was cooked sometime last year :smalltongue:

also what is this AXE?
is it like Lynx? :smallwink:

Pocketa
2009-12-11, 08:11 PM
Axe = Lynx. Same brand, same stuff, different name.

Also, sticks *are* best. Better coverage, gets to the source of the "problem", and if the girl really likes the scene, she feels special because really, how many other people get to get that close to you?

Shikton
2009-12-12, 03:27 AM
Hmm... There's no such thing as "best AXE", they're all bad =P Odorless deodorant and either no perfume or something subtle is Teh Win. Using Hot Water from Davidoff myself, but I'm also a fan of mostly any perfume from Lacoste. Lacoste smells like summer. I like summer.

Pocketa
2009-12-12, 11:25 PM
Lacoste smells like success.

daggaz
2009-12-13, 06:58 AM
The only possible reason that transnational industry could have for marketing a caustic aerosol to the general population for direct application of chemical agents to the skin as well as the blood through absorption in the lungs, when a perfectly suitable solution to body odor has already existed for many decades, is a concerted effort to lower global fertility rates in an effort to control and limit population growth. The kicker is that people actually pay for the "service" as well.

Careful what you rub all over your body, you know.. For all we know, it lowers your life expectancy, too.