PDA

View Full Version : Effective Scorpion (animal) Build Help 3.5

AzureDistress
2009-12-04, 08:38 PM
I am in need of assistance in making a character that focuses on 'becoming' a scorpion. Rp wise she wants to be more intone with her god, the eberron drow god. I am not exactly sure how this would work out and I can only think of a couple of different things that would work. I was thinking of either becoming A scorpion somehow, or settle with a TWFer that impovises and attacks with feints and Maybe poison.

Any ideas? anything scorpion related items, prcs, template, items, e.t.c related is welcome. Anything else is fine, I just need help

pffh
2009-12-04, 08:41 PM
polymorph self, change shape, wild shape etc to a scorpion.

AzureDistress
2009-12-04, 08:44 PM
true, but how effective would that be? from what I remember monstrous scorpions aren't very strong.

awa
2009-12-04, 08:49 PM
i don't think you can wild shape into a scorpion because scorpions are not animals their vermin (according to dnd)

Scoot
2009-12-04, 08:52 PM
There's the Scorpion Heritor PrC from Sandstorm.

Can turn into a scorpion for a limited amount of time per day, the ability to envenom weapons, and can eventually grow a tail that delivers a sting attack.

olentu
2009-12-04, 08:52 PM
I recall a scorpion heritor class and some scorpion themed feats in sandstorm I believe. I do not remember much more than that so it may be a bad class. Also there are some way to get wildshape for vermin. Some sort of vestments of vermin shape from a source I can not recall comes to mind.

AzureDistress
2009-12-04, 09:07 PM
Scorpion heritor is so-so, gaining scorpion feats and sneak attack and can turn into a tiny scorpion. The feats are ok, not really worth it though. The thing you are probably thining about is vermin shape from the eberron campaign setting.

what do people think about the tauric and incectine templates? are they worth taking?

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-04, 09:12 PM
There is a template for were-insects (arachnids in this case) somewhere in the WotC website, let me look for a link

olentu
2009-12-04, 09:16 PM
Is it this. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a

Pluto
2009-12-04, 09:17 PM
Insectile's fun if you can buy it off. Not particularly powerful, but fun.
I don't remember how Tauric works, but I remember thinking that it wasn't worth it. Add it to a creature with a couple natural attacks, refluff as you need to and you've got a character.

Or buy 2 castings of Polymorph Any Object and you're done around level 6 or 7.

A Totemist (MoI) with a bit of fluff help could do this. Bind a Wormtail Belt and get a pair of claw attacks somehow (Web Enhancement Kobold (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)? Druid or Psychic Warrior dip?) and you should have it down pat. Add some Spirit Bear Totem Barbarian (CChamp) or the Scorpion's grasp feat (Sand) and you should be golden.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-04, 09:27 PM
Is it this. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a

Yep thats the one

HCL
2009-12-04, 09:59 PM
Urban druid I believe gets vermin wild shape. THe tail is not the huge deal with scorpions, what you want to do is grapple things smaller than you in each hand.

AzureDistress
2009-12-05, 12:34 AM
I actually like that idea >.>

How about this: an awakened Effigy Huge Monstrous Scorpion that focuses on grappling.

Or: Monstrous Scorpion (any size) Monster of Legend