PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Confusion

Perenelle
2009-12-05, 01:34 PM
When replying to other peoples posts by quoting them (using the button below the post that says quote), when you end up posting it puts the username of the person in bold and then a link the the post along with what they said. When you're quoting multiple people's posts, how do you get the second or third ones to have the user's name in bold along with a link to their post? Is there an easy way to do this?

Hopefully I didn't make that sound too confusing. >.>

Kroy
2009-12-05, 01:42 PM
When replying to other peoples posts by quoting them (using the button below the post that says quote), when you end up posting it puts the username of the person in bold and then a link the the post along with what they said. When you're quoting multiple people's posts, how do you get the second or third ones to have the user's name in bold along with a link to their post? Is there an easy way to do this?

Hopefully I didn't make that sound too confusing. >.>

Open up quote in a new tab, copy paste the quote into another quote. You can quote as many people as possible this way.

Douglas
2009-12-05, 01:44 PM
Quote my post and take a careful look inside the opening quote tag. The "=douglas" part is responsible for the username in bold. The number after the semicolon is where the link to the quoted post comes from.

The easiest way to get this is to right click on the "quote" link and open it in a new window or tab, then copy the quote to where you're actually writing up your post.

Perenelle
2009-12-05, 02:04 PM
Okay, Thanks guys. :smallsmile:

Neftren
2009-12-05, 03:09 PM
Quote my post and take a careful look inside the opening quote tag. The "=douglas" part is responsible for the username in bold. The number after the semicolon is where the link to the quoted post comes from.

The easiest way to get this is to right click on the "quote" link and open it in a new window or tab, then copy the quote to where you're actually writing up your post.

Also, the green box link comes from the post number, so my quote heading is actually [QUOTE=douglas;7442102] where 7442102 links to that specific post.