PDA

View Full Version : Kobolds Ate My Presents!

StoryKeeper
2009-12-05, 09:32 PM
Hello, guys. I'm thinking of running a Christmas special game of Kobolds Ate My Baby for my group this season. I want to make it really special, by which I mean, I want it to really be a Christmas game isntead of just a game of Kobolds. I come to you asking for:

*Christmas Death Charts (yuletide-flavored horrible kobold death chart ideas)
*Christmas Encounters (places and events they can run into and interact with)
*Christmas Objectives (Find King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!) a suitable Christmas Present, bring back gingerbread, eat babies, etc.)

And anything else you think might be a nice addition. Thanks in advance.

Rutskarn
2009-12-05, 09:41 PM
I was born for this moment.

Horrible deaths:

The Nutcracker Ballet: You come across a small human-shaped device on the ground. It's shiny and colorful, and appears hoilday themed, so your Kobold instincts tell you there's a 50-50 chance it's edible. Unfortunately, as soon as you pick it up, it reveals its true form, a small golem with incredibly sharp teeth and a penchant for...low strikes. After it finishes you off, it attacks the rest of the group.
Bad Nog: You come across a vial of eggnog. Humans will throw away anything, won't they? You uncork it and take a hearty swig. A moment later, you realize why it was thrown away--it's a tad sweet, a bit too chalky, and seems to have an unusually high Eggnog Ooze content. Your organs are liquefied, and you die a deliciously creamy death.

(More to come--gotta get some work done)

I have a few suggestions for missions, which I'll come to later. One of them is...uh...a bit religiously sensitive. I can PM it to you, but it really depends on how easygoing they are. It's irreverent enough that I'd probably be given pause before unleashing it on my group.

StoryKeeper
2009-12-05, 09:51 PM
@ above. Love it, keep 'em coming and go ahead and pm me the mission and I'll see if I think it's too offensive or not. I'm guessing it concerns a certain baby and a certain manger.

Rutskarn
2009-12-05, 09:58 PM
Maaaaaybe.

DMBlackhart
2009-12-05, 10:25 PM
Not to disrupt the thread, but what is "kolbolds ate my babies?"

From what I can gather, and changing your targetted holiday theme to a more common one, it would seem like a cool concept. But is it a seperate system, or a prefered play style, or what?

To be put simply I may not have any ideas (yet, I might post some as inspiration hits).

But I am more then enthusiatic about learning/ playing this when the time comes for you to run it.

Rutskarn
2009-12-05, 10:31 PM
Kobolds Ate My Baby! is a beer-and-pretzels RPG. Basically, it's a humor RPG with fun/light rules where you play a doomed, pathetic little moron creature called a kobold. A lot of your missions deal with your quest to steal babies (for your king to eat).

StoryKeeper
2009-12-05, 10:36 PM
Or for you to eat if you get hungry on the trip back to the caves.

http://www.koboldsatemybaby.com/KAMBindex.html

There's a link for you. It's a great game that naturally inspires humor and really knows its audience. As for playing it when I run it, feel free to, but I'm running it for my friends so I doubt you'll be in teh same game as the one I'm running XD

@ V
A fuzzy humanoid that steals things on sight and lives in a cave near a more civilized community? How about we just make it a green-skinned kobold? :D

TabletopNuke
2009-12-05, 11:55 PM
How about an encounter with the Grinch?

I suppose he'd have low Charisma. Would he be Humanoid (Grinch) or Monstrous Humanoid? What about his alignment, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral (in the beginning anyway)? He doesn't seem to be outright evil, just surly and belligerent. Mr. Grinch does pose a valid threat, though. After all, he did cripple Joe Swanson.

StoryKeeper
2009-12-06, 12:19 AM
How about making the grinch into more of a magic item. Something like this:

THE GRINCH CAP:
This festive hat is said to have been stolen from the fey long ago. It grants the use the ability to instantly enter any building and open any lock with the skill of an expert burglar. It also causes children and the inebriated to believe you to be teh famous fey Santa Clause (or whatever punny thing takes Santa's place.) The second ability activates automatically.

Any time one of the cap's abilities are activated, roll 2d6. If the total is greater than 10, the user's heart grows three sizes that day causing them to fall over dead as their heart explodes inside their rib cage.

Additionally, the cap changes any kobold wearing it's fur green. This effect does not cause you to roll 2d6.

TabletopNuke
2009-12-06, 12:28 AM
It also causes children and the inebriated to believe you to be teh famous fey Santa Clause (or whatever punny thing takes Santa's place.)

This is a mind-affecting enchantment effect. Elves have immunity to this effect, due to their frequent contact with Jolly Ol' St. Nick

StoryKeeper
2009-12-07, 12:06 AM
Keep the ideas coming, guys and girls. I'm creative, but I'm also busy with school and finals and whatnot. Suggest away and I'm sure I can probably work it in somehow. I especially need some Christmassy Horrible Death Charts.