PDA

View Full Version : advice for a Bloodstorm thrower

dougch
2009-12-06, 04:34 PM
so i have this cool build with bloodstorm blade that i am thinking of. got my armor and shield done but, i know what i want on my weapon... but not what i want my weapon to be.

i'de take the big freaking hammer from planar handbook, but it seems from the writing that its bonus gets overwritten from improved bullrush so meh.

im thinking of a thematically awesome weapon for a large half celestial goliath to huck around at people.

any suggestions?

deuxhero
2009-12-06, 04:37 PM
You said large?

Their allys *insert pothole to preview with hurking hurler here*

AslanCross
2009-12-06, 04:44 PM
Get a greatsword with the Morphing property. That way you can make it any weapon you want it to be. I'd go for Spiked Chain, but some people consider that cheesy, so a Heavy Flail could work too. If you're taking Warblade anyway, you can change your weapon-specific feats, so that's not really a problem.

dougch
2009-12-06, 04:45 PM
my dm is disgusted by the hulking hurler so i cant even think of using it sadly.

broke his mind when i made a guy with psionic fighter and hulking hurler throwing around a few k of dice without any actual work on the guy

but im just at odds on what weapon to use

deuxhero
2009-12-06, 04:51 PM
Then bounce your weapon off every blade of grass/brick/grain of sand via bloodstorm blade, THEN he'll no longer think Hurking Hurler is broken

Deuxhero takes no responsibility for the use of sharp corners resulting from his advice.