PDA

View Full Version : 4ed readied actios question

incubus5075
2009-12-07, 03:29 PM
I DM a group and I have noticed a little something. The wizard is the low AC weak HP pc as usual and since he puts up a lot of conditions that monsters don't like he gets attacked often. He is usally far away but He gets hurt alot. Since he only moves to get away (and he often is already 8 or more squares away) he often does not use his move action. Can't he just ready a shift that if he is attacked he moves away? Would this be like an immediat interrupt? If this is legit should I probably not tell him?

Thajocoth
2009-12-07, 03:30 PM
I DM a group and I have noticed a little something. The wizard is the low AC weak HP pc as usual and since he puts up a lot of conditions that monsters don't like he gets attacked often. He is usally far away but He gets hurt alot. Since he only moves to get away (and he often is already 8 or more squares away) he often does not use his move action. Can't he just ready a shift that if he is attacked he moves away? Would this be like an immediat interrupt? If this is legit should I probably not tell him?

Readying an action is a standard action. When the condition is met, you get a standard action to do what you want with. You can choose to use this standard action as a move action to shift, but you had to spend your standard on your turn to ready.

incubus5075
2009-12-07, 03:44 PM
oh, ok thanks question answered

Mando Knight
2009-12-07, 03:48 PM
If the Wizard is getting attacked repeatedly by the same monsters, the Defender isn't doing his job. It's the Wizard's job then to complain to his Defender that he's getting hurt too much, and the Defender's job to make sure he's the center of the monsters' attention. Luigi is not a good Defender.