PDA

View Full Version : Class for 2 pc campaign?

darkblust
2009-12-07, 03:42 PM
Well,i'm playing in a 2 pc campaign.My friend is playing warlock.The only thing i can think of (if we want to make it through a couple of adventures) is a druid.We are lvl 3.Any suggestions for what can play?

Edit:Any books,except for psionics.

Toliudar
2009-12-07, 03:44 PM
Druid's great for a 2 player campaign. Melee, scouting, utility casting, healing. Your problem will be making sure the warlock feels like they're an equal partner.

Eldariel
2009-12-07, 03:46 PM
Druid is a fine companion for a Warlock. You can do everything and he can sit back doing...well, something. If he could at least handle Trapfinding, you'd be split pretty well.

Overall, any caster with melee ability is fine. (Cloistered) Cleric (especially DMM: Persist), Ruby Knight Vindicator, Swiftblade, Incantatrix, Archivist, etc. works. But yeah, Druid is by far the best at that point. You could add Trapfinding and some skill monkeying with feats (Planar Touchstone) or a level dip (though on level 3, that hurts you horribly).

mabriss lethe
2009-12-07, 03:49 PM
A Gestalt game is a pretty good option if you're only running a two pc campaign. but to answer your actual question instead of foisting off unsolicited advice...

Druid or Cleric will probably be the best bet. but for all around party filler? Factotum with martial study/martial stance? a good bit of skill monkey and damage dealing.

Zovc
2009-12-07, 03:53 PM
If both of you have access to Use Magic Device, you can pass back and forth wands containing Cure and Vigor spells.

Trapfinding may or may not be important to you guys, but it's something to consider that one of you may want. Also keep in mind that neither of you have to put all of your levels in one class. One level in a number of classes is enough to get trapfinding.

Your Warlock friend might benefit from a level of Scout, it'll give him Trapfinding and Skirmish +1d6. Now, I don't know what a Warlock gets at level 3, so I don't know what he'll miss out for taking the level of Scout, but still.

Healing may seem like a priority, but, like I said, wands can cover that base. The Tome of Battle classes have a respectable amount of endurance, but none of them offer Use Magic Device.

Classes that have a finite number of abilities in a day may or may not end up falling short depending on your DM. A Wizard, for example, will be powerful if you guys get to rest in between every other encounter, but if you have to face eight encounters in a day, you'll probably be toast.

weenie
2009-12-07, 03:54 PM
You could maybe play a melee character, so you don't completely outshine the poor guy.. Warlocks tend to be weak.