PDA

View Full Version : How to get more feats

Rev.Scarecrow
2009-12-07, 11:57 PM
I'm working on a unarmed swordsage/assassin build. The problem is that I am out of feats just to get a prestige class called Telfammar shadowlord (unapproachable east) which I would only get at level 20. Is there anyway better than taking levels in fighter?

I thought I heard of a class that gets fighter extra feats that has some other nice things too. Is there such a class?

I am already a human and almost level 3 that feat must be intuitive attack because I'm doing a wisdom based build and only have 10 strength (enough to avoid a penalty). At level one I took able learner and adaptive style.

I need the feats; blindfight, dodge, mobility, spring attack for Shadowlord (none of which are bad really)

Glimbur
2009-12-08, 12:03 AM
Psychic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psychicWarrior.htm)gets two fighter feats in the first two levels. It's also a Wis based manifester. The only real drawback is that you'll need to learn a bit of Psionics and that it's 3/4 BAB.

SurlySeraph
2009-12-08, 12:23 AM
There's the Feat Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue) variant. Fighter 2/Psychic Warrior 2/ Feat Rogue 2 is a feat per level, though it doesn't give you much benefit other than that and would hold up your manuever progression. Psychic Warrior is likely to be the best option; Chameleon and either Compression or Distract are probably the best powers to take. Add two levels in Fighter if you need more feats, since more BAB will probably do more for you than more skill points.

HCL
2009-12-08, 12:33 AM
A dip in cleric can sometimes get you the feats you need if you pick the right domains

The darkness domain would give you blind fight, not sure if there is one for dodge.

Curmudgeon
2009-12-08, 12:39 AM
You can buy Mobility as an armor enhancement. You'll be able to afford that a lot earlier than level 20. Add it to Bracers of Armor.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-12-08, 12:54 AM
If your DM is willing to accept their usage, Flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingcharacters/characterflaws.htm) could help you out, assuming these feats are available at level one.

EDIT: WARNING: I do not personally advise in actually using this method. WARNING.

You could also use Imbrace/Shun the Dark Chaos spells to first trade away any feat you have (including a proficiency feat) to gain a Dark Chaos feat, then use the second feat to trade the Dark Chaos feat away for any feat you qualify.

BooNL
2009-12-08, 02:43 AM
Personally I don't like mixing too many splatbooks or systems into a single character. So while Psychic Warrior may be your best option, I recommend the Feat Rogue as well.

As long as you use fractional BaB, you're only losing a bit of initiator level (but you'd lose that anyway with assassin) and you gain trapfinding, a couple of feats and some extra skills.

Dimers
2009-12-08, 03:44 AM
Human and half-elf racial paragon classes from UA each get one extra feat. If you're a half-elf, you can take both paragon classes.

MichielHagen
2009-12-08, 03:45 AM
Warblade has Blindfight as one of it's bonus feats i think.

Darrin
2009-12-08, 06:31 AM
I'm working on a unarmed swordsage/assassin build. The problem is that I am out of feats just to get a prestige class called Telfammar shadowlord (unapproachable east) which I would only get at level 20. Is there anyway better than taking levels in fighter?

If you're building a Shadow-Pouncer, you might want to look at Crinti Shadow Marauder 5 (Shining South). It only requires two feats (Mounted Combat, Stealthy) rather than three. And you can pick up the Mounted Combat feat from a magic item: Battle Bridle (MIC p. 151, 9000 GP).

I need the feats; blindfight, dodge, mobility, spring attack for Shadowlord (none of which are bad really)

The last three are all pretty bad, or at least unlikely to be useful. Instead of Dodge, take Expeditious Dodge (Races of the Wild I think? Check if your DM will allow teleport effects to count as movement).