PDA

View Full Version : Until It Sleeps IC Thread

Neon Knight
2009-12-08, 09:04 AM
OOC Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134127)

The sun rises over the city in yet another day, warming the earth and calling all living thins to wake. People begin to rise and go about their daily lives, and aside from a spark here and there of disruption, everything is peaceful.

The news isn't pleasant, though. More fires. The police suspect arson in most cases, but everyday it seems like another building is burned down and there are no clues as to the supposed culprits.

An ordinary morning inevitably leads to school, for most people, anyway. For them, the walk to school seems normal, and they might even bump into a person or two that they know.

Like Tomomi, who is walking to school slowly, looking rather preoccupied with something. Or the ever cheery Yasu, who has stopped beneath a tree near the school to look up at a bird's nest, where a mother tends to her hatchlings.

In the school yard, Yori and Tarou are speaking to one another, Yori leaning against the wall while Tarou paces a bit.

___

Apate

For other sorts, of course, it is a much different morning...

Apate has received a signal to arrive in the park for a meeting. Someone wants to talk to her. Someone important...

AmberVael
2009-12-08, 09:57 AM
Apate

Of course. Someone important... but not someone who was willing to give away information about themselves. Apate gives a cynical little smirk- but only for an instant. Her expression soon fades back to its typical, almost bored, impassive standard. Fine, she'd go.

Apate rises and moves from her apartment, squinting a little at the sunlight. She gives a dark glance at the sky. It would be nice if it were just a little darker. Cloud cover would be nice; it would be dreary to match her mood, and maybe some drizzling would put out all these nasty fires.

Hah. Not likely.

The sunlight beats down mercilessly on Apate's pale skin and dark clothing as she drags herself out to the park. Every line of her speaks of apathy and uncaring contempt of action. She looks like a very stereotypical goth girl: disdainful of the world around her, having angst over nothing in particular.

However, her eyes indicate something a little different. Though her mood, thoughts, and actions all point towards one picture, her eyes are vivid. They are not glazed over and shuffling along with the rest of her- they are alive. Something about them pierced everything she looks at, examining and knowing it, weighing it and contemplating it from every possible angle. On top of that, though one never quite sees it happen, their color shifts continually. One moment, they seemed blue, the next, violet. After that, they might be brown, grey, or even black. Perhaps it was a trick of the light, but in combination with the rest of their qualities, it was highly unnerving.

Apate makes her way into the park, turning her head idly, while her eyes dart around, looking for whoever wanted to see her.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-08, 06:53 PM
Mariko

Mariko wasn't waking up this morning. She had an early morning shift at the restaurant. She quickly stuffed her apron into her schoolbag and shook off her drowsiness. The morning shift wasn't usually that busy, no one really wanted any of the stale muffins that they served at the fast food place, but she was still forced to remain there for two hours every morning, seriously cutting down on her sleep time. She took the two lunches that she kept in the fridge of the restaurant and put them in her bag as well.

Mariko put her bag on over her shoulder and left the restaurant, walking to the run-down apartment building that she and her sister lived in. She unlocked the door and walked in. "You awake yet?" She asks to the room, putting her sister's bag together.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-08, 07:46 PM
Shuji (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7454400&postcount=6)

Shuji woke up and shivered off her thin blanket. Yes Mariko. she called back to her sister. She took a quick shower, put on her cleanest clothes, which were not very clean.

She walks over to the dinner table. How was work? She smiles kindly to her older sister.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-08, 08:20 PM
Mariko

Mariko let out a yawn which soon became a sigh as she packed her sister's lunch into the bag. "It was okay. Slow as usual." She sat down at the table and began brushing her hair. She checked her watch, it turned out that she took her sweet time coming back to the apartment. "We're gonna be late. Eat along the way." She said, taking some of the leftover noodles from last night from the fridge and handing it to her sister.

Robert Frost
2009-12-08, 08:29 PM
Yamada

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The sound of the blaring alarm clock always frustrated Isamu in the mornings, especially mornings where he didn't have to wake up at 5 AM for Soccer Practice. His hand was quick when it pressed the snooze to give him another five minutes of time...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Isamu! You don't want to be late!"

Cried his mother, as the alarm clock started up again after taking a five minute break. With a yawn, Isamu pulled himself out of bed, blinked the sleep out of his eyes, and stretched out his arms. It was the start of another good day. He thumped out of the bed, stumbling about his room as he found the rather fastidiously cleaned uniform his mother had been kind enough to clean for him, and pulled it on.

"Isamu-kun! Hurry up!"

He yawned again, and smiled slightly as his cat Clover purred softly and pressed her black-haired body against his legs, nimbly moving between them.

"At least you aren't in a hurry."

"Isamu-kun!"

With a sigh, Isamu Yamada stretched his right leg a little, then his left, and then smiled again before he dashed down the stairs, startling his mother as he grabbed the small box of food for his lunch, and hurriedly put on his shoes; he was halfway around the block when he heard a shout again.

"Isamu-kun! You forgot your bag!"

Cursing inwardly, he rushed back to the house, his athletic prowess coming in handy once again as he grabbed the bag and began to run to the High School; he was running late and if he wasn't quick he might be locked out today...

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 01:07 AM

Shuji takes the cold bowl of noodles, slips her bag over one shoulder, and follows Mariko out the door, almost forgetting to lock it. Wait! I forgot to lock the door. Not that there was anything worth stealing, when the two of them were gone at least.

Shuji turns back. She starts to lock the door, but instead opens it and waits a moment, as if letting someone out.

Then she locks it and catches up to Mariko. And how are you doing Mister Dawkins? She asks no one Mariko can see.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-09, 03:00 PM
Mariko

Mariko just went along with whatever Shuji was talking about as usual. She had gotten used to her sister talking to herself. She could hardly pay for Psychological help anyway, and it didn't really seem to be affecting her negatively. Still, she hurried along, picking up the pace. She waved to Isamu as she saw him running to school.

Neon Knight
2009-12-09, 05:11 PM
[Shuji, Mariko, Ismau, and Everyone Else on the Way to School]

Shuji and Mariko would come upon on Tomomi, walking slowly towards school. The wind gently played with her raven hair as she walked, obviously deep in thought. She was one of the prettier girls in her year, and she didn't notice that one or two of her classmen were walking to match her pace across the street, obviously watching her.

Isamu would run past this scene, turn the corner...

And probably run right into Yasu, standing underneath the tree, looking up at the birds, not noticing that she was blocking the way. If they did collide, Isamu would most likely knock the first year to the ground.

___
Apate

She didn't recognize anyone in the park... which was odd. Bad. Usually these affairs were prompt and brief. She rarely was in this place for more than 5 minutes before she was approached. The people she dealt with didn't have time to waste, usually.

Something was wrong, it seemed.

Sirens wail in the distance. Another fire? And perhaps close...

Maybe her contact had found something else to attract his attention?

Robert Frost
2009-12-09, 05:51 PM
((OOC Note: Just for reference, my character's first name IS Isamu, but most people would address him as Yamada-kun, not probably Isamu. Japanese culture doesn't usually call people their first name unless they're close friends, or family, which is why my "mom" called him Isamu-kun. Just so you know ;)))

Yamada

Isamu wasn't paying a great deal of attention to where he was going, rushing toward the gates at the high school as quick as he could, not paying attention where he was going or who might be in his path when a small~ish first year girl moved slightly from her position underneath the tree (which was beside his path) to a little bit away from the tree, (which was directly in his path) and BAM!

THUD!

"Ouch."

Isamu said as he rubbed his head a little bit, feeling peculiar as he had figured the ground was harder than that, opening his eyes to gain a better bearing...

And staring directly into the eyes of the first year who had been standing underneath the tree Yasu, whom he was now on top of.

AmberVael
2009-12-09, 07:33 PM
Apate

Maybe something had attracted her contact's attention. Like getting set on fire, Apate muses cynically. Then the implications of that thought hit her. What if that really was the case? That would imply some very dangerous things...

There's a bit more urgency in her step and liveliness to her as she walks in the direction of the sirens. She had no reason to believe that was the case, but if it was, that would be a huge concern. But no, she was probably just being paranoid. Maybe her contact was distracted or held up by it, that's all. Still, she moves as quickly as she can in that direction without flat out running.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 07:36 PM

Shuji jumps to one side as Yamada-kun runs past. Hey watch it!! You just ran through Mister Dawkins!

Dumb boy. I'm sorry Mister Dawkins, you were saying something about flowers?

OH, that's nice Mister Dawkins. I'm sure Missus will like them. Shuji smiles at Mister Dawkins.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-09, 07:41 PM
Mariko

She blinked as Yamada ran past her... and apparently through Mr. Dawkins. "... Hello to you too..." She mumbled, how rude! Mariko cast an offhand glance at her sister, before shaking the drowsiness out of her head and turning to face Tomomi. She waved to her classmate and gestured for her to come over.

Neon Knight
2009-12-09, 08:13 PM
Apate

The fire is still going when Apate arrives on the scene. Smoke is in the sky as a small apartment block sits ablaze. The city's fire department and the police are already on hand to deal with the situation.

___

Yamada

Yasu looks dazedly up at Yamada, her copper colored hair slightly disheveled from the ungraceful fall. "Y-yamada-kun? O-oh, I-I'm so sorry!" The younger and smaller girl was pinned under him; her bag had been knocked aside, and her books and papers were all over the path.

___

Mariko

Tomomi glances and catches the movement from Mariko's hand, moving to fall in step with her and Shuji. "Good morning Mariko. Good morning, Shuji. I hope you're well?"

Robert Frost
2009-12-09, 08:28 PM
Yamada

Imasu's red hair soon matched his red face, as he looked at the girl and began to stutter out a response as well...

"I-i-t was an acc-i-dent. I swear!"

Realizing he was still sitting on top of her, he immediately sprung off her and grabbed her hands to pull her upright, before going on his hands and knees to begin picking up papers and the bag.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you, I just was in a hurry so I wasn't late again this year. Are you alright?"

He couldn't remember the first year's name, so he ran through the names of people who he did know in the first year, before finally settling on what he *thought* was her name.

"You're... Yasu, a first year? I'm Yamada, I'm in the Soccer club..."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 08:28 PM

Shuji opens her mouth to answer, but decides to let Mariko speak for them. She wouldn't wish to ruin any of her stories.

She lowers her head. Hi Tomomi. I'm doing good.

AmberVael
2009-12-09, 09:02 PM
Apate

Hm.
Apate looks over the fire department and policemen for a moment, then at the burning building. After quickly assessing them, she looks around for any odd bystanders or someone she recognizes.

Wiz
2009-12-10, 02:57 AM
Apate notices Tanaka Ichiro, a second year transfer student, standing nearby. He is mote of quiet in the middle of the action of the firemen. He's smoking a cigarette as he watches the burning building with a curious look in his eyes.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 10:28 AM
Yamada

Yasu stood up with Yamada's help and brushed at the hem of her uniform skirt. "I'm alright, thank you." She smiles slightly when he recalls her name. "Yes, I'm Yasu. I know who you are. I mean, everyone knows who you are!"

___

On the Way to School

Tomomi smiles warmly at Shuji. "Doing well in your classes, I hope?"

___

We Didn't Start The Fire

Apate's eyes see... hmmm.

A man is approaching Tanka Ichiro for the rear, a man she recognizes. A foreigner, simply called by his nationality. The American. A sometime contact of hers, but recently he'd been busy with other things. She'd heard that he'd been promoted to an overseer in his organization.

What that organization was... well, they called themselves the Thule Society. Whether that name had any significance or not was unknown.

He was looking at the fire, looking distinctly unhappy.

AmberVael
2009-12-11, 10:47 AM
Apate

Oh. There he is. Behind that school kid. Shouldn't that kid be in school?
Thule Society... hm. She couldn't recall anything of significance that she'd done for them, but then again, she didn't always remember what she did. They always assumed she remembered though...

She brushes past the kid (not that she looked much older, but appearances were deceiving like that) and sidles up to the American.

"Hey."
She says simply, feeling no need for any further greeting.
"Still wanna talk?"

Apate bounces one of her knees a little in an idle tic as she glances at the fire. It frankly made her a little nervous, not that it showed too much. Everything was burning down these days, and she just knew it wasn't coincidence... and that little feeling in her head said it wasn't typical arson either. Then again, that little feeling in her head said a lot of disturbing things.

Sanguine
2009-12-11, 12:03 PM
Haruhi

Walking past the bumbling figure of Yamada and the nocked over Yasu Haruhi rolls her eyes and mumbles, "Have fun you to." then continues on her way to school.

Robert Frost
2009-12-11, 01:48 PM
Yamada

Yamada was embarrassed. Well, for a few seconds anyway, before his lips curled upward into a smile. Everyone knew his name? Well, apparently Soccer was a fairly effective means to popularity. He had known that he was sort of well-liked by the Soccer club, he did after all win them the championship last year, and people he didn't know seemed to address him frequently...

Yes, he supposed, he must indeed be popular. His eyes looked over the slightly shorter first year, and wondered why she had been standing underneath the tree.

"I'm sure not everyone knows me, just mostly everyone."

He said nonchalantly, voicing his realizations to the world.

"So why were you beneath the tree?"

Though interested in finding out, his mind stayed focused on the bell, he couldn't afford being late again.

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 09:33 AM
Haruhi

Walking past those two clumsy fools, Haruhi will note that two boys are in the front yard talking. Tarou and Yori, two people who aren't friends and in fact are commonly considered to dislike one another strongly.

___

Apate/Tanka Ichiro

The American glances at Apate, looking at her carefully.

Then he sneers. "I'm not here to talk to you in the first place."

And then he walks straight past her towards the kid.

Tanka Ichiro will hear a voice call to him. "Hey, kid, got a light?" A man in a leather jacket is walking towards him, black hair somewhat disheveled, blue eyes lit up with merriment.

___

[Yamada]

Yasu wrings her hands a bit nervously. "Oh, um, I was looking at the birds." There is indeed a bird's nest in the tree, a mother tending to her chicks.

AmberVael
2009-12-13, 10:16 AM
Apate

A muscle in Apate's jaw flexes. Yeah right. If he was this nearby, it wasn't coincidence. If he had gotten promoted, then he would be someone important- he fit the bill all too well.
Yeah yeah, I'm sure you just came by for your daily giggles, American.
Her mental voice projects to him in a scathing tone with a hint of rage underlying it.

Apate's eyes hold on him, drawing everything around them like a whirlpool.
You'll crawl back to me soon enough.
There are many things implied there- and none of them flattering for him.

With that, she looks around once more, and then will head back to the park, just in case someone actually did show up there.

Dirk Kris
2009-12-13, 11:42 AM
Tsuke

Tsuke wakes, squinting at the bright light streaming in through her window. Bright light?! Eyes widening with surprise, she looks over at her digital clock. She was late - oh no. Murmuring her morning prayers, rushing them a bit, she slips on her school uniform and hurries out the door, not bothering to brush her hair. As she slings her bag over her shoulder, she uses the fingers of one hand to smoothe down her messy 'do and hurries along the sidewalk to school.

((Sorry for my late arrival.))

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 12:11 PM
Apate

The park is quiet and still when she returns.

___

Tsuke

"Hey, wait up!" Somone calls from behind Tsuke. A slightly older girl with black hair tied up in a pony tail comes up behind Tsuke, her uniform matching Tsuke's.

"Late too? Don't worry, it can happen to the best of us." She gives Tsuke an encouraging smile. "I'm Sumiko."

Dirk Kris
2009-12-13, 12:25 PM
Tsuke

"Tsuke. Most people call me Sooky because of my dad." It's pretty clear her dad must be an American, from her accent and appearance. She smiles up at the older girl, adjusting her glasses. She isn't used to people being nice to her! "I...it's my first day. They just promoted me into the high school." She waits for Sumiko to catch up, then resumes her hurried pace.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-13, 01:09 PM
On the Way to School

Tomomi smiles warmly at Shuji. "Doing well in your classes, I hope?"

Mariko

Mariko shrugs. "I'm doing okay. I think I'm almost failing English, but everything else is fine." In reality, English was likely one of the only course she was passing.

Sanguine
2009-12-13, 02:03 PM
Haruhi

Haruhi walks past the two boys making a mental note of the incident while keeping an eye out for any other strange behavior on there part.

Robert Frost
2009-12-13, 02:07 PM
Yamada

Isamu looked at Yasu curiously, then looked up to confirm the existence of the birds nest. Yes, there was a bird's nest up in that tree, and two baby chicks chirping demandingly of their mother bird. If Isamu had to deal with chirping like that all the time he would push the little chicks out of their mothers nest himself, so he now understood why mother birds did that to their chicks.

"Oh, that's.... interesting?"

He said slowly, not sure of the actual interest he would have in that particular activity. Sports or video games were much more fun in his book than watching animals, although that trip to the zoo in middle school where they saw that lion was pretty cool...

"Well I better be off to class... Nice meeting you Yasu, talk to you again sometime."

And with that he darted off toward the school building proper, with the speed and endurance only a star Soccer Athlete could embody.

Neon Knight
2009-12-14, 08:05 AM
Tsuke

"Oh, really?" Sumiko smiles at Tsuke again. "You must be nervous, but don't worry. If you give it your best, things should turn out fine."

___

Shuji/Mariko

Tomomi nods. "If you need some help, maybe I could go over if with you sometime?"

Tomomi glances around, and then steps a bit closer to Shuji and Mariko. "Hey, um... could I meet with you guys afterschool? I need to ask for a favor..."

They're about 1 or 2 posts of time away form the school. They'll make it on time.

___

Haruhi

They don't seem to be doing anything odd, just talking. In fact...

Hold it! The hairs on the back of Haruhi's neck prick up. Her training and keen senses smell spirits about, and we're not talking about liquor here.

What kind of training could one take to be able to supernaturally detect alcohol, anyway?

___

Yamada

"Oh, bye!" Yasu waves after him, and stands watching him for a few seconds before glancing at the birds and then heading in after him.

Once inside, Yamada could proceed to his classes and not be late. In fact, despite the fact that he had gotten off to a late start, he was still to class ahead of time.

His hasty entry is noted with a severe frown by Mr. Nishimura, one of his teachers.

___

Apate

The bushes nearby rustle slightly. And was it just her imagination, or was the wind blowing in the opposite direction of the movement?

Wiz
2009-12-14, 08:46 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

Tanaka turns from the sight of the burning building, hearing a Gaijin's voice. He looks over curiously, one hand fishing out a gold-plated lighter from his trenchcoat pocket, almost as if by reflex.

AmberVael
2009-12-14, 09:05 AM
Apate

Apate's eyes flick to the bush. It looked odd. Normally she wouldn't put much stock in bush movement, but she was feeling rather paranoid and twitchy at the moment. Guessing it was a squirrel, wondering if it wasn't, Apate casually strolls over, making sure no one was watching her as she looks at the bush.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-14, 12:00 PM
Mariko

Mariko blinks. "Uhhh... Sure. I don't have anything to do after school." She said, a hint of nervousness in her tone. I hope it won't take too long, I was late twice last week.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 02:14 PM

Shuji had been quiet for most of this time. She looks at Tomomi curiously. What could we possibly do for you? She doesn't, hopefully, sound rude or upset. Just stunned.

Robert Frost
2009-12-14, 02:32 PM
Yamada

Isamu slowed down after he entered the entryway to the school building, going to his locker and quickly switching his shoes with the ones contained inside. Then, went straight to his classroom, one of the second year classrooms, navigating carefully past teachers and students, but maintaining an overall brisk pace toward his room.

It was when he entered that he realized how early he actually was, fewer students being in the classroom, the time on the clock - all indicating that his mother had pushed forward the alarm on his alarm clock because he had been sleeping in too late.

"I guess I'm early."

He said aloud, before heading to his desk. Today was going to be another day at school, just like any other...

Dirk Kris
2009-12-14, 03:07 PM
Tsuke

The younger girl nods and smiles, eyes twinkling behind her cat-eye glasses. "I always do my best. It's why I was promoted." The statement is factual, but there is a touch of pride to her tone. And justifiably so!

Neon Knight
2009-12-15, 10:11 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

The American walks up, holding out a cigarette. "Thanks." He gestures towards the fire. "Bad business, eh?"

___

Mariko/Shuji/Tsuke

"It's something important. I'm going to ask a few other people to be there as well." Tomomi was going to say more, but she glances behind her and stops as a two girls come up behind them, these being Tsuke and Sumiko.

"Oh, hi, everyone." Sumiko's smile was friendly enough to everyone, even towards Tomomi.

___

Yamada

Yamada will find a note on his usual desk.

Hey. You don't know me, but we need to talk. I'll come find you after practice. Don't go home. This is important, okay?

___

Apate

Hey, there's a note in the leaves, a piece of paper stuck in the branches.

I'm sorry we couldn't meet yet, but we will soon. I'm not one of your usual contact, but it is very important that we meet. I had to leave because I was almost discovered by our mutual enemy. That fire you saw was him no doubt letting his frustrations out.

I'll meet you tomorrow at noon, by the subway station in the west side of town. Leave a lit candle in your window tonight if you got this message.

And be careful.

Wiz
2009-12-15, 10:14 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

Tanaka nods, "Fire always is."

AmberVael
2009-12-15, 12:36 PM
Apate

Interesting. Of course, this leaves Apate the rest of the day to do whatever. She'd investigate into this person, but that might lead someone else to them, which would in turn mean she wouldn't get to meet them very long, if at all.

So she'd wait and not pry.

Apate pretends to stand up from tying her shoe, folds the paper and puts it in her pocket, and then strolls slowly away from the park as she tries to think of where to go next. Home? She was already outside...

Dirk Kris
2009-12-15, 12:56 PM
Tsuke

Approaching the others, Tsuke shies back just a bit, not sure how she will fit into their little clique. She clutches the strap to her backpack like a lifeline and waves, shy.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:24 PM
Mariko/Shuji/Tsuke

"It's something important. I'm going to ask a few other people to be there as well." Tomomi was going to say more, but she glances behind her and stops as a two girls come up behind them, these being Tsuke and Sumiko.

"Oh, hi, everyone." Sumiko's smile was friendly enough to everyone, even towards Tomomi.
Shuji looks confused. She looks to Mariko for guidance.

Sanguine
2009-12-15, 04:01 PM
Haruhi Inuzuka

Noticing the spirits Haruhi grows tense. Looking around she attempts to pinpoint the spirits while also keeping an eye open for anything strange.

Neon Knight
2009-12-16, 10:30 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

The man nods. "You've been having trouble with this sort of thing a lot around here lately, haven't you? And nobody has caught the guy doing it. I wonder why someone might do something like this?"

___

Tsuke/Mariko/Shuji

Sumiko gestures to Tsuke. "Everyone, this is Tsuke. She's just moved up to being a first year."

A note that if everyone has kept walking, they're probably just outside the school if not walking into the front gate.

___

Haruhi

Close. Very close. In the building, maybe? Or just outside it?

Wiz
2009-12-16, 11:12 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

Tanaka looks the American up and down, "I don't know any people who would do this kind of thing. Do I know you?"

Dirk Kris
2009-12-16, 11:47 AM
Tsuke
The half-Japanese, half-American girl waves to everyone, holding her chin high so as to appear a bit taller. She spots the front gates and sighs with relief, dashing ahead to find her first class. She doesn't want to seem young and new AND lost on her first day.

AmberVael
2009-12-16, 11:52 AM
Apate

Apate decides the best thing would be to go snoop around the fire again. Or maybe previous sites, if she can remember where some of them happened. Something certainly was up here, if only her paranoia.

She slinks back off to the site of the fire, approaching it from the opposite direction of where she saw the American before, even though that means taking a longer route to get there. She doesn't want him to know that she came back there.

Sanguine
2009-12-16, 12:56 PM
Haruhi Inuzuka

Haruhi heads towards the building hoping to get a better read on the spirits location, and incidently helping her avoid the bell.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-16, 08:06 PM

List of Spirits

Mister Dawkins- Gentle old man. He likes to do nice things for his wife. So far, Shuji hasn't met his wife. But she's sure she is floating around somewhere.
Nariko- Sad young girl who doesn't know she's dead. She only hangs around the school, waiting for Shuji to play with.

Hi Nariko! Shuji runs ahead and begins talking to someone no one else can see.

How have you been? I hope we haven't..... Yes, I guess we should get to class. Bye Mariko!! See you at lunch.

With that, Shuji runs into the school, giggling with her invisible friend.

Neon Knight
2009-12-16, 09:40 PM
Harhui

There! There's a spirit next to that one girl running into the school!

___

Tanaka Ichiro

The American shakes his head, taking a puff of his cigarette. "Nah, I'm just a stranger in this town."

___

[Apate]

She can approach in this manner successfully. The fire has mostly been contained, and the cleanup work is beginning. Soon, the police will probably begin to more formally secure the area.

Kind of odd how they haven't done so already...

AmberVael
2009-12-16, 10:14 PM
Apate

Without much hope, Apate begins poking around cautiously, looking for anyone suspicious, or a cause for the fire.

Wiz
2009-12-16, 11:53 PM
Tanaka Ichiro

Tanaka nods, "Tanaka Ichiro," holding out his hand in the American fashion. "What brings you here?"

Neon Knight
2009-12-17, 08:23 AM
Apate

Apate can't find anything suspicious other than the suspiciously late police.

Tanka Ichiro

"I'm just looking. Just curious, is all."

AmberVael
2009-12-17, 09:10 AM
Apate

Hmmm. That is pretty odd.
Apate thinks about it, then decides she'll call them up herself, just to see what kind of reaction she'll get.
She flips out her cell phone and attempts to dial up the police.

Wiz
2009-12-17, 09:30 AM
Tanaka Ichiro

Tanaka shrugs when the man rudely ignores his offered hand and takes it back. "Well... enjoy your curiosity." He turns and walks away.

Robert Frost
2009-12-17, 01:13 PM
Yamada

Isamu stared a the note, then stared at it some more. He hadn't ever had someone confess to him before and he figured that was what this was. He didn't know what to expect. Looking around the room he made sure no one else saw the note and carefully slipped it into his bag. Isamu was going to have to ask someone about this later...

Sanguine
2009-12-17, 01:32 PM
Haruhi Inuzuka

Haruhi pinpointing the spirit grows tense. Damn that girl might be in trouble. Following her discreetly Haruhi goes into the school.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-17, 08:17 PM

List of Spirits

Mister Dawkins- Gentle old man. He likes to do nice things for his wife. So far, Shuji hasn't met his wife. But she's sure she is floating around somewhere.
Nariko- Sad young girl who doesn't know she's dead. She only hangs around the school, waiting for Shuji to play with.

:smallconfused: She don't seem to be in trouble.

In fact, she seems to be having a good conversation with the spirit. I'm so glad you're here Nariko. It's nice to have someone to talk to in-between classes.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-19, 10:15 AM
Mariko

Mariko will walk into school as well, rushing off to her first-period music class. She had to use a violin that some senior left at school over the summer, but that didn't bother her too much. She wasn't too good at it, but she was trying to get better. Busking on the subway was quite profitable, she'd heard.

Dirk Kris
2009-12-20, 12:09 PM
Tsuke
Tsuke finds her way to her Western Civilizations class on the second floor and slides into an empty seat. An older boy in a leather jacket glares at her and growls, so she scrambles out of it to make a seat for him. Clutching her things to her chest, she leans against the wall to let the other seats fill up before taking someone else's. And tries to slow the pounding of her heart as she mutters a few prayers for strength and wisdom.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-22, 03:01 AM
*Pokes thread* :smallsmile: Maybe it's asleep?

Lex-Kat
2010-01-10, 03:43 PM
*Pokes thread again* :smallsmile: Maybe it's asleep?

Wiz
2010-01-10, 08:37 PM
ooc - I think it died. It was kind of sickly to begin with.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-11, 11:34 PM
:smallfrown: