PDA

View Full Version : Who would win?

Matamane
2009-12-08, 10:21 AM
I have 2 gestalt characters,

Demilich Dread Necro/Sorcerer 15, Dread Necro/Archmage 5, Evolved Undead/Spell Sovereign 10

Ulitharid Lich Sorcerer 4, Psion (Shaper) 3, Cerebramancer 10, Mind Mage 7, Evolved Undead/Mind Mage 3, Evolved Undead/Archmage 3

Who would win?

I am deciding which would be the cohort, and which is the big boss.

SaintRidley
2009-12-08, 10:26 AM
The demilich will almost assuredly be more powerful by default.

Matamane
2009-12-08, 10:30 AM
See, my own thought is that it would be the demilich, but a potential 44 ML or CL for the Ulitharid is pretty impressive.

By the way, what would be a good prestige class to replace 10 levels or sorcerer?

SaintRidley
2009-12-08, 10:59 AM
Anything that gives full casting. You could pull Incantatrix to improve your metamagic economy.

May I ask why sorcerer over wizard, in particular?

Sorcerer is on the Dread Necro, but with demilich advantages and such, you shouldn't have to worry about the MAD. Especially if you find a way to pull Ultimate Magus into it.

Matamane
2009-12-08, 11:04 AM
It's a personal preference. more or less, but the bonus 20 charisma from Evolved undead helps make it more fun. I like spontaneous casting.

Incantrix is ok, but I want something unexpected.

ATM my biggest fear is anti magic, and I am not sure of how to deal with it.

SaintRidley
2009-12-08, 11:23 AM
For Antimagic, do Epic Spellcasting + Superb Dispelling.

Frost Mage (Frostburn) + Lord of the Uttercold feat (CArc)? Dread Necromancer does your necromancing and gives you an army of undead. With one of those, Uttercold assault blasting is a viable tactic because it heals your army and hurts the enemy.

Optimystik
2009-12-08, 11:28 AM
Mind Mage sucks, so I'd say the Demilich.
Also, too many of the Ulitharid's tricks can't get past undead immunities.

Another big part of this question is how the transparency rules work. Do psionics = magic here, or not?

Draz74
2009-12-08, 01:05 PM
Incantrix is ok, but I want something unexpected.

Fatespinner is always fun. :smallbiggrin: But only for 4 levels.

Fatespinner 4/Mindbender 1/something else 5?

Douglas
2009-12-08, 01:09 PM
ATM my biggest fear is anti magic, and I am not sure of how to deal with it.
Epic Ward vs Antimagic Field, Disjunction, and Antimagic Ray. This is the first epic spell any epic caster I build ever researches. I usually make it an area emanation from the caster, preferably a large area so all he needs is line of effect to negate anyone trying to use AMF as a defense.

dsmiles
2009-12-08, 02:48 PM
Roll it out several times...go for best 4 of 7 (or 5 of 9) to make sure that it's not just dice flubs.