PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Splatbook] Poison that makes you a cannibal?

jeek
2009-12-08, 12:27 PM
A player in our game is using some poison, I believe he called it "Bloodthirst", that is DC17, and causes people affected by it to, an hour after being exposed, develop a savage urge to eat the flesh of their own kind, temporarily. After it wears off, they remember everything they did.

Where the hell did this poison come from? (What splatbook, etc?)

The DM asked me to look into it, etc.

Boci
2009-12-08, 12:31 PM
The DM allowed something in his game without checking it first? And wants you to find its source? Why, will the PC in question not tell?

Also, whats bothering your DM about he poison. It clearly has no combat use so if the cannibalism is disturbing him he can always ban it and ask the PC to use something else.

jeek
2009-12-08, 12:33 PM
The DM allowed something in his game without checking it first?

Yes.

And wants you to find its source?

Yes.

Why, will the PC in question not tell?

It's taken longer than expected to get the information from the player.

Also, whats bothering your DM about he poison. It clearly has no combat use so if the cannibalism is disturbing him he can always ban it and ask the PC to use something else.

The DM just wants to see the exact text, for whatever reason. The poison was indeed not used in combat.

kjones
2009-12-08, 12:34 PM
A player in our game is using some poison, I believe he called it "Bloodthirst", that is DC17, and causes people affected by it to, an hour after being exposed, develop a savage urge to eat the flesh of their own kind, temporarily. After it wears off, they remember everything they did.

Where the hell did this poison come from? (What splatbook, etc?)

The DM asked me to look into it, etc.

My guess would be the Book of Vile Darkness.

Boci
2009-12-08, 12:35 PM
It's taken longer than expected to get the information from the player.

"Sorry, but until you can show me its source you cannot use that poison in my game"?

The DM just wants to see the exact text, for whatever reason. The poison was indeed not used in combat.

Fair enough. I rather fond of poisons and have glaced over at some point most D&D books so I am quite confident it is either 3rd party or internet bred. Sorry i cannot be of any more help.

My guess would be the Book of Vile Darkness.

Nope. Unless its one of the psychic poisons, I never looked over them that well, but I'm pretty sure they were all ability damage as well.

dsmiles
2009-12-08, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Boci;7460787 Nope. Unless its one of the psychic poisons, I never looked over them that well, but I'm pretty sure they were all ability damage as well.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Not BoVD. Not Pale Masters: A Poisoner's Handbook (Green Ronin) either.