PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up the WLD

Urbek
2009-12-08, 02:08 PM
I'm a long time D&D player, but a new DM and I have this CRAZY notion of running the WLD campaign. I know...I'm insane, but that is for another thread.

I have read through the intros to each section a few times and I have come to the conclusion that I'm not at all interested in running my PC's through it from begining to end, but rather break it up into manageable segments. I'm having a tough time figuring out how I would fit each segment together as a cohesive story.

I'm asking the the experienced folks, who are privy to the WLD campaign, would split it up and what hooks would be used to join from one segment to another. I think I have a pretty decent hook to start Region A, but not sure how to proceed from there.

No idea to crazy for me to consider and I appreciate all responses.

Sir.Swindle
2009-12-08, 02:52 PM
Pretty sure the book suggests you run the dungeon as sepearte modules.

As far as story line is concerned only the last couple zones are strongly related by story. For the rest of them just pick a story hook in the zone and hook the PC's onto it.

For example section A you could have the orcs the live in the dungeon raid a small town. PC's happen to be in town, so townsfolk ask them to get rid of the orcs. easy as that.