PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Fans in the Playground

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 07:35 PM
I love soccer. among any sport that involves balls, it's the best.
post your team, fav. player, position youre best in, games you been at, memorable games, anything!!

Whammydill
2009-12-10, 10:31 AM
I only get to follow the MLS league and the English Premiership/Champions league with any regularity here. My favorite teams are Columbus Crew in MLS. Hard to have a favorite in EPL. I'd say I have more a set of favorite players, Drogba, A. Cole, Rooney, Ronaldo, Lampard...I can go on and probably missed some.

Linkavitch
2009-12-10, 10:55 AM
I played in a local league (meaning there were only enough kids for two teams in my age group, so we played each other the entire time.) and I totally kicked butt. I played anything and everything.

Amiria
2009-12-10, 01:56 PM
I don't really follow the Bundesliga, sometimes I watch the matches of my hometown clubs HSV and FC St. Pauli. I loathe FC Bayern Munich.

I also watch interesting matches in contests like UEFA Cup or Champions League. But I am mostly interested on national level soccer where it doesn't matter which team has the biggest wallet.

My favorite player is Philip Lahm. He plays for Bayern Munich but I don't hold that against him.

Zar Peter
2009-12-11, 03:13 AM
Favorite Team: Austria Vienna

Least Favorite Team: Rapid Vienna

Well, I'm in the stadium when I can, unfortunately Austria (the Team, not the country) has problems with idiotic fans recently.

I scarcely watch Champions League, mostly because no Austrian teams are in it and I don't want to spoil my fun in watching our players by comparing them with some people who really can play football.

It's bad enough watching the World Cup when Brazil fights Portugal and a month later you watch a national game of, say Mattersburg (6000 inhabitants) against Kapfenberg (21000 inhabitants)

Perenelle
2009-12-12, 08:24 PM
I love soccer :smallbiggrin: I started playing when I was five, and this past season was my last one. Though I love the sport, I dont really have time for it anymore and I'd like to explore other things, like running track and the swim team.

as for positions; I started out playing goalie. then went to defense for most of my soccer playing experiences. The past two seasons i've played on offense mostly as well as goalie a few times. I think I'm best at playing defense though, since that's the area I've played in for most of my life.

my favorite team would probably be Chelsea F.C. or Arsenal. I'm not sure who my favorite player is though.