PDA

View Full Version : ToB feat idea PEACH

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-08, 07:48 PM
I don't know if this has been already done but I had this idea to let the martial adept classes diversify a bit more. I haven't thought of tha name buy I need to post this before I forget it.

Name: Wanderind Path
Prerequisite: Crusader, Swordsage or Warblade level 1, 1st level only
Benefit: Choose 1 discipline on your class list and 1 discipline on another class list. You loose access to the chosen discipline on your list but gain acces to the other discipline.
In adittion the Discipline Associated skill becomes a class skill for your character, you also gain a +2 bonus on such skill
Special: Unlike other feats, this feat must be taken at character creation.

for example a Swordsage that takes this feat chooses Desert Wind for his class discipline and chooses Devoted spirit as his other class discipline.
He now can get manoubers and stances from the devoted spirit discipline at the cost of not getting manoubers from the Desert wind discipline
and also gain Intimidate as class skill

So what do you think?

Trodon
2009-12-08, 08:06 PM
That, is awesome.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-08, 08:15 PM
Thanks, But I really need a sugestion for the Name.
and also an opinion if it is balanced or not

Xefas
2009-12-08, 08:20 PM
I would name it "Wayward Path", maybe? You're diverging from the path of the Nine Swords that your class usually follows.

Also, it might be slightly underpowered for a resource you only get seven of in your career. Maybe give the new discipline's key skill as a class skill for that character always. And maybe if they already have that skill as a class skill, they get a +2 bonus to it?

Temotei
2009-12-08, 08:22 PM
How about maneuver variability, or discipline variability?

Or maneuver/discipline flexibility?

And yeah, it's kind of weak.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-08, 08:25 PM
I've seen DMs allow this without taking a feat before, so I dunno....

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-08, 08:26 PM
@ Xefas: I understand what you mean its a bit weak for a feat though there are much more weak feats out there.
And i completely forgot about the disciplines skills, you are right maybe making it give the discipline skill as a class skill fits

@Temotei221: Discipline flexibility does have a nice ring to it

EDIT:@The Dark Fiddler: Well the DM I usally play with is somewhat leery of that king of changes, so I thought if I proposed this he would be more inclined to let me do this.