PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Dooble

Tanaric
2009-12-08, 08:29 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a cramped, rectangular room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a bracket by the sole door visible in the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||||
2||D|||
3|||||
[/table]

There is a door at D-3, east side. Unless otherwise mentioned, all doors are sliding metal.

Ernir
2009-12-08, 10:38 PM
I walk towards the door, with the longspear ahead of me. I plan my steps ahead, poking the tiles I intend to step on from 10' away with the edge of the spear.

If I reach the door safely, I check it for signs of traps. [roll0]

If I see no such thing, I attempt to slide the door open.

I optimistically bought a mule, is that around somewhere?

If that is not allowed, I guess I have a heap of stuff on the floor, and 8 more GP in my pocket.

Tanaric
2009-12-11, 05:35 PM
It seems I forgot to subscribe to this. Oops. :smallredface:

You reach the door without issue, and see no sign of traps on it.

As you lay your hand on the door, several hundred lines of crackling blue energy appear, surrounding the door and much of the adjacent wall in a spiderweb pattern. The energy leaps from the door to your hand, giving you quite a shock.

The previously hidden copper wires are now visible as thin black marks on the door, which they have charred quite thoroughly.

You take 1 point of electric damage.

Ernir
2009-12-11, 07:36 PM
"Ack! Ow."

I give myself a Cure Minor Wounds, and try to push it open. Using the full length of my spear this time.

Tanaric
2009-12-12, 01:51 PM
Opening the door reveals a hallway running to the north and south. Without a source of light, it's impossible to discern any more than that.

Ernir
2009-12-12, 04:10 PM
I have 60' of Darkvision. Is that accounted for?

Regardless, I will walk along the corridor, again gently prodding the tiles I step on with my spear before I enter. I stop if I see... anything of note.

I keep my eyes and ears open. [roll0], [roll1]
I try to not make too much noise. [roll2]

Tanaric
2009-12-14, 03:04 PM
Forgot about the darkvision.

When you open the door, you see that the hall goes north for twenty feet before turning west, or south for forty feet before turning east. Which way do you want to go?

Ernir
2009-12-14, 09:47 PM
I go south.

I quickly peek around the corner before fully stepping around it. Do I see anything?

Tanaric
2009-12-15, 08:08 PM
You find a tripwire five feet to the south of the door you just left. Assuming you step over it, you see that the hall continues east for twenty feet before turning north.

Ernir
2009-12-15, 08:16 PM
I do indeed step over it, but not before attempting a search ([roll0]) to see what kind of mechanism this wire is supposed to trigger. (Part curiosity, part paranoia. :smalltongue:)

I continue east in the same manner as before, again peeking around the corner.

A fresh set of checks, if required:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tanaric
2009-12-15, 08:18 PM
Whatever it triggers, it doesn't happen anywhere near to you, as far as you can tell.

The hall goes north for ten feet before turning west.

If you continue:It goes west for ten feet before turning north.

If you continue:It goes north for thirty feet before turning east.

If you continue:It goes east for twenty feet before turning south.

If you continue:The hall runs south for twenty feet before turning west. After ten feet, it splits west.

Ernir
2009-12-15, 09:00 PM
I continue along the path until I reach the split, taking my usual precaution.

The hall runs south for twenty feet before turning west. After ten feet, it splits west.
So... the last hall goes south, and there are two paths that both lead to the west? One after 10', and another 10' later, the hall turns west?

I'll peek around the earlier corner.

Tanaric
2009-12-16, 03:41 PM
Correct.

The hall goes west for ten feet before turning south.

Ernir
2009-12-16, 03:43 PM
I proceed as before, and peek around the corner.

Tanaric
2009-12-16, 03:45 PM
It runs south for ten feet before turning east.

Ernir
2009-12-17, 11:42 PM
I go south for 10', and then peek east. :smalltongue:

Tanaric
2009-12-17, 11:47 PM
Huh. Well...

As you step on the corner, you depress a pressure plate. Three darts shoot out of the wall at eye level.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

The hall runs east for ten feet before turning north. Yes, it's a loop.

Ernir
2009-12-18, 12:51 AM
The one time I don't specify I am poking with the spear. >.<

Ow.
I give myself a Lesser Vigor, healing me back to full over the course of 8 rounds. (Unless I am interrupted, of course.)

"Now that was no good.", I say, and backtrack my steps to here:

Forgot about the darkvision.

When you open the door, you see that the hall goes north for twenty feet before turning west, or south for forty feet before turning east. Which way do you want to go?

And go north, and peek around the corner.

I poke ahead with the spear! :smallbiggrin:

Ernir
2010-01-04, 01:19 PM
*Pokes thread*