PDA

View Full Version : why didn't belkar get experience from all those hoboes he killed?

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 10:44 PM
he was standing on a mountain of dead hoboes. why did haleysay he wasn't getting exp? he killed them fair.

TimelordSimone
2009-12-08, 10:46 PM
Under D&D rules, if something is a certain amount of levels lower than you, it is considered so little a challenge that you don't earn any XP from deafeating it.

Kish
2009-12-08, 10:47 PM
Too low a challenge rating. A high-level adventurer kills a bunch of CR 1-2 enemies=no challenge=no XP.

Raz_Fox
2009-12-08, 10:53 PM
I originally read this thread's title as "Why didn't Belkar get experience from all those hobos he killed?"

I did not immediately think of hobgoblins. And there was much hilarity.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 10:55 PM
ah. thanks guys. I understand about the hobgoblins, but what about the time when he killed all those hobos at azure city for exp? they seemd pretty high level.

Kish
2009-12-08, 10:57 PM
The reason would ultimately be the same--"Because they were individually CR 1/2, 1, and 2 creatures."

Edit: Huh? :smallconfused: What high-level hobgoblins has Belkar ever killed?

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 11:00 PM
The reason would ultimately be the same--"Because they were individually CR 1/2, 1, and 2 creatures."

Edit: Huh? :smallconfused: What high-level hobgoblins has Belkar ever killed?

hobbos = hobgoblins
hoboes = crazy people who yell at the air and attack people randomly.

littlequietguy
2009-12-08, 11:10 PM

That's offensive to homeless people. You are confirming my suspicions.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 11:14 PM

I was simply making a joke Raz fox's comment gave me an idea for.
what suspicions are you talking about?:smallconfused:

RedMorganne
2009-12-08, 11:41 PM
{Scrubbed}

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-08, 11:43 PM
hobbos = hobgoblins

While mental problems do contribute to someone becoming homeless, I don't think very many homeless people randomly attack passerby. Also, not all homeless people are crazy.
It's okay to derail a thread after the OP's question has been answered, right?

Manicotti
2009-12-08, 11:47 PM

All comedy is offensive. If it didn't hurt someone, it wouldn't be funny. It's not like the statement was intended to be taken as solid, empirical fact for all cases, everywhere. It wasn't even intended to be taken seriously. He even said so.

Everyone getting offended should consider pulling the sticks out of their asses; they're ironically becoming the bigger joke.

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-08, 11:47 PM
{Scrubbed}

Let's try to keep things civil, please.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-08, 11:53 PM
{Scrubbed}

Nimrod's Son
2009-12-09, 12:02 AM
That's offensive to homeless people.
And to all you offended homeless people browsing this website: YOU'RE DOING HOMELESS WRONG. :smallwink:

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-09, 12:04 AM
And to all you offended homeless people browsing this website: YOU'RE DOING HOMELESS WRONG. :smallwink:

*hands a nobel prize for epicness*:smallbiggrin:

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-09, 12:09 AM
Damn. I was all ready to launch a holy crusade against those who would dare mock the homeless!
Sorry if I came off as self-righteous, but the "attack people randomly" comment seems off to me, since that doesn't happen very often (at least to the best of my knowledge). I think "yell at people randomly" or "hit random people up for money" work better because I've actually seen it happen. And no, I don't think the homeless are particularly humorous, but I also don't see the point in forbidding people to make un-politically correct jokes.

Must... resist... temptation... to make... annoying... joke about.... thread title spelling... must not appear.... to be... a/n *******...

Katana_Geldar
2009-12-09, 12:13 AM
Somehow I think you should make your jokes a bit more obvious Dark Elf if you want them to be recognised.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-09, 12:13 AM
what? oh, belkat. sigh. not used writing fast in English, I get many typos. is there a way to change a thread's name?

also, how much of a difference in level does there need to be for exp to be earned?

I'll try, madam katana.

Kill Screen
2009-12-09, 12:18 AM
what? oh, belkat. sigh. not used writing fast in English, I get many typos. is there a way to change a thread's name?

There's always my friend the edit button. Do it on the first post. *nodnod*

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-09, 12:19 AM
*puts on captain obvious cape*
It worked!

CyberRebirth
2009-12-09, 12:23 AM
Actually, not to continue the derailment, but I was actually randomly punched in the face by a homeless guy a while ago...

Conuly
2009-12-09, 12:24 AM
And to all you offended homeless people browsing this website: YOU'RE DOING HOMELESS WRONG.

Because in your world, people never congregate in libraries with internet access in the hopes of getting a job, a home, or out of the cold?

drengnikrafe
2009-12-09, 12:25 AM
also, how much of a difference in level does there need to be for exp to be earned?

Assuming my memory isn't failing me, after something is about 7 or 8 levels off of your own, there stops being a value for experience. Too low, and it's just not a challenge (Fluff: You can't learn anything because it posed no challenge, and you didn't push yourself at all). Too high, and there must have been some special way to take it down (Fluff: Really, if you're 4th level and you took out a Beholder, you must have done SOMETHING weird. As a result, it's up the the DM to determine what you really deserve for it).

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-09, 12:25 AM

I know the ninjas will get me, but in 3.0, If you are 8 levels above a creature's CR you get no XP for defeating it.

Edit: I must be a Diviner or something. My barred schools: Conjuration and Necromancy.

Nimrod's Son
2009-12-09, 12:26 AM
Because in your world, people never congregate in libraries with internet access in the hopes of getting a job, a home, or out of the cold?
Should I have made the smiley bigger? Maybe a neon-flashing, animated one?

I guess not, I see you edited it out of your quote.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-09, 12:27 AM
{Scrubbed}

Silverraptor
2009-12-09, 12:30 AM
*Head deak*

A flame war? Are you guys serious?:smallsigh:

RedMorganne
2009-12-09, 12:31 AM
{Scrubbed}

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-09, 12:34 AM
*Head deak*

A flame war? Are you guys serious?:smallsigh:

It's not a flame war yet. I would like to think we've moved past the hobo comment by now.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't read the above post. Sorry everyone, it is a flame war.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-09, 12:34 AM
Edit: I must be a Diviner or something. My barred schools: Conjuration and Necromancy.

Diviner only has to give up 1 school, since it's considered weaker. Pick one of your schools to keep. I suggest Conjuration, so you can teleport out of this thread before the flame war burns your computer.

That statement aside... Please don't fight. It really won't do any good. Also, threads should come without baggage. So if things do go down a bad road, don't go on attacks in other threads. Please.

Silverraptor
2009-12-09, 12:35 AM
It's not a flame war yet. I would like to think we've moved past the hobo comment by now.

Check your post above you. It hasn't died.

Roland St. Jude
2009-12-09, 12:35 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread is way out of control. Rather than scrub most of the posts, I'm just going to lock it with a general warning to be more civil.