PDA

View Full Version : D%D 3.5. CON augmentation

NekoJoker
2009-12-08, 10:54 PM
I was going through de MiC and i started to wonder, how many items are there that improve Constitution?
I have not found nearly as many as i thought i would find, i just know of the Amulet of health and that's pretty much it. Do you guys know of any others?
And is there some way to Add COn to the damage dealt on melee (mind you, not replacing Str, but adding its modifier)

golentan
2009-12-08, 10:57 PM
It doesn't much matter how many there are: they're almost certainly enhancement bonuses and don't stack.

That said, I seem to recall a polymorph Magic Item you could use to get an absurdly high Con, then tack on the enhancement.

Edit: As it mentions in the thread linked to below, my favorite way to get Con to damage is greater insightful strike. Change my damage die to 2d20, and my modifier to double a skill check? Yes please. Could you include an item familiar and crystal mask on that, or are there not meal deals?

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-12-08, 10:57 PM
I was going through de MiC and i started to wonder, how many items are there that improve Constitution?
I have not found nearly as many as i thought i would find, i just know of the Amulet of health and that's pretty much it. Do you guys know of any others?
And is there some way to Add COn to the damage dealt on melee (mind you, not replacing Str, but adding its modifier)

They there's a way to get Con to hit and/or damage, it is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732)

As for boosting Con, play a Mongrelfolk (LA+0, +4) Dragonborn of Bahamut (-2 Dex, additionaly +2 Con) for hilarty. Use an Amulet of Health, Manual of [Consitution] +5, level up stat boosts, Persisted Righteous Wrath, Persisted Giant Size, and Persisted Greater Visage of the Deity for maximum Con.

Actually doing this in game may prove more than slightly difficult, to be fair, as Mongrelfolk take a serious penalty to Cha.

deuxhero
2009-12-08, 11:24 PM
See if you can convince the DM to allow items to grant odd bonuses to ability scores for twice the cost (it's the way it's given for saves of odd types)

sofawall
2009-12-09, 12:23 AM
Hammer of Earth, Magic of Rokugan.

Forevernade
2009-12-09, 01:23 AM
Fist of the Forest has a nice Con to AC... not that that helps.