PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] [seasonal] Hat of Animation

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-12-09, 03:55 AM
Hat of Animation

This strange hat has been appearing and disappearing throughout the ages. It is a curious thing, really. It's only magical quality is the ability to Animate a Medium sized or smaller humanoid-shaped creation as per the animate object spell. However, any animated object created in such a manner is considered to be of NG alignment, rather than true neutral. The animated object will then entertain and play with small children for 24 hours, after which the magic is used, and the hat mysteriously vanishes. If removed, the creature once again becomes an inanimate object until the hat is replaced. This time does count against the 24 hour time limit.

Furthermore, the animated object gains a type and subtype from the material created. Something wooden which is animated might have the [plant] type. Something made of ice would have the [cold] subtype. All such creatures also have the [construct] type.

Minor Artifact. Strong Transmutation CL 24

Temotei
2009-12-09, 04:21 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Kumori
2009-12-09, 04:25 AM
What's it look like? I'm guessing a black top-hat or something similar. If only there were snow here so I could built my own object to animate...

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 04:29 AM
"There must have been some magic
In that old top/silk (delete whichever you don't like) hat they found"

There's your answer.

Awesome. I would have said CG, however, considering what I recall of Frosty's antics.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 04:40 AM
"There must have been some magic
In that old top/silk (delete whichever you don't like) hat they found"

There's your answer.

Awesome. I would have said CG, however, considering what I recall of Frosty's antics.

Agreed. Just not Lawful Good, in my opinion. Either Chaotic Good or Neutral Good.