PDA

View Full Version : Glass Citadel V

Pages : [1] 2 3

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 12:50 PM
On the edge of reality, bordering somehow both the universe of Town and that of the Acronyms, there is a single stereotypical cliffside, shrouded in eternal night, a silvery moon shining, frozen in its fully visible state. Upon it is a citadel, its surface mirrored and made of tempered glass which tosses about moonlight in every direction.

The grounds include a full cemetery, some graves unmarked, and an expansive garden, though one has to wonder how anything grows there, considering as the villainess who resides in the citadel somehow made it eternal night.

Welcome to the home of Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire, the Dangerously Insane and Rabbit Vasque, Necromantic Villainess Extraordinaire.

Notes: The Glass Citadel is sentient, and capable of shifting itself to its whims, as well as being incapable to take damage. If you attempt to attack the structure itself, time will reset itself back a few moments. The only person currently able to manipulate its shifting shapes is RabbitHoleLost and Reinholdt.

The Glass Citadel's theme music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOuy4YM0AI)

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 12:54 PM
Not here. Dipsnig shakes his head. I'll let you know when it's safe to return to our HQ. If it doesn't get reduced to rubble, that is.
"It's... not safe at NO? As in, has monsters that need thwacking?" :smallbiggrin:

Vincent gets eager again.

But the door is pat of the citadel, which obeys Rabbit above all else, and so the door stays firmly closed.
"Don't you think I might have fainted because of you?"

"Oh... umm... I didn't..." Think of that.
"That doesn't make any sense! If you were going to faint cause of me, it woulda been early on when you first saw me. I think you haven't been eating right."

Morty
2009-12-09, 12:59 PM
Er... no. Right now, there's a shield around the base that looks like it's crumbling inwards. So there's a good chance it'll crush it.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 01:00 PM
"It does too make sense, especially because I fainted right after you touched me, looking like our deceased son!"

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 01:02 PM
"Oh."
Never a good opportunity.
"So we have to kill the one making the shield, right?"

"Fine. I'm sorry. I just... I'm sorry."

Reinholdt sets the tray down and turns to leave Rabbit in peace.

Morty
2009-12-09, 01:04 PM
First, we'd have to know who is it. I didn't exactly had the time to check before. And now there's no air in NO because of that shield.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 01:06 PM
"Wait...Reinholdt..." And Rabbit's standing in the door way, looking at him oddly.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 01:09 PM
Reinholdt stops and turns back. She had this strange things with doors he could never figure out. Always knew the right time to open them.

"Yes?"

"Oh! Sidequest time to find the spacesuit! Sweet!" :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2009-12-09, 01:28 PM
Dipsnig facepalms. What happened to elves being reserved and aloof? I'll be blunt. The attacking army dropped dead and there's a huge pile of bodies outside the base or what's left of it.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 01:40 PM
She held her arms out for him, slowly, her muscles rigid under her skin.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 01:42 PM
Reinholdt tenses a bit at first, half afraid she's going to slap him or something. Then steps forward into what he expects is that thing called hugs, reciprocating if so.

"An army? What army?" :smallconfused:

Morty
2009-12-09, 01:44 PM
An army of catpeople. They attacked us, we retreated here, and when I went to check what's going on, they're all dead and laying around our base.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 01:47 PM
She wrapped herself around him tightly, grasping him hard with her fingers, as if, if she were to let go, he would simply stop existing.
Her face buried itself against him, and she sighed heavily.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 01:51 PM
"An army... of catpeople...
HAHAHAHA!! HOHOHO! Good one boss. Good one. Pull the other." :biggrin:

Vincent is rolling around slapping his knee and laughing it up.

Reinholdt slowly rubbed Rabbit's back, eventually drifting upwards to pet her hair.

"I missed you, you know?"

Morty
2009-12-09, 01:54 PM
Dipsnig glares at Vincent. Do I look like I'm joking?

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 01:56 PM
Rabbit made some kind of consenting sound, though there wasn't too much in the way of vocal communication.
Her eyes were closed, and she was shaking softly.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 01:59 PM
Vincent wipes a tear from his eye. "Nope. And the fact you can say it with a straight face makes it that much better." :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt decides he'd better just shut up now and hold on to Rabbit, trying to comfort her, gently swaying, pulling her closer, and petting her hair.

Morty
2009-12-09, 02:04 PM
Dipsnig shrugs. If you don't belive me fine, go see for yourself. Don't take Caroline, though. We have to hurry up to clean up their bodies and grab their stuff before someone else does.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 02:08 PM
Rabbit stood there for another few minutes, taking in the scent of her would-be son, the feeling.
And a surge of maternity overcame her, so much that she had to swallow the 'I-love-you' building in her throat.
"You're not him."

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 02:12 PM
"Sure. K." Vincent grins and shakes his head.

"Just after the spacesuit sidequest, k?"
Loot doesn't go anywhere. It always stays in the same spot until you get to it and open it!

"No. I'm not. I'm the stupid cat."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 02:17 PM
Pulling away suddenly, Rabbit began to rub at her arms, as if the hug had stung, just a little bit.
"He's never coming back."

Morty
2009-12-09, 02:19 PM
Vincent, whatever is a "spacesuit", it can wait.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 02:23 PM
Reinholdt looks a little hurt, and turns away, holding his own arms against his stomach.

"No. I suppose he's not."

"Then how are you going to deal with the lack of air?" :smallconfused:

Morty
2009-12-09, 02:27 PM
No idea, really. I'd like to examine this barrier more throughly now that the army's dead.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 02:29 PM
Silently, she leaned against the wall, pulling into herself, huddling.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 02:34 PM
"Alright. We'll wait here then."
Totally innocent and not going to go on the spacesuit quest as soon as he leaves. Nope.

Reinholdt's really at a loss of what to do. He knows she doesn't want him. Just Shepherd. And he can't blame her. Who would?

"I'll get out of your hair now. Enjoy the food."

Morty
2009-12-09, 02:36 PM
And if you do go looking for this "spacesuit", I'm going to be very annoyed. Dipsnig turns around, leaves the building and heads for the tunnel.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 02:41 PM
Rabbit simply walked back into her room, ignoring the food, and hiding herself under the blankets.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 02:44 PM
Reinholdt walks around the nearest corner, pauses, kicks it mightily, yelps in pain and frustration before limping on to his own room.

Vincent grins. Main protagonists always ignore the authorities and it always turns out well!
Right?

Regardless, he doesn't do anything until Caroline undeadtimes.

happyturtle
2009-12-09, 03:12 PM
Reinholdt should get a text message. Unless he's blocked Happy.

If you still intend to kill me, I'm at the Taverna. -Happy

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-09, 03:48 PM
While Reinholdt is moping somewhere, assuming Rabbit is doing quite the same, the once-necromancer is curled up under her blankets, reading through a large, old book with great attention.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 07:10 PM
Caroline stands next to Vincent. Yup, I still have my frosty dart shooter and ill-fitting armor.

Neon Knight
2009-12-09, 07:12 PM
The phantom voice of Rusty the Rake insists that Caroline's armor doesn't fit because she's flatter than NK's home state.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 08:18 PM
This armor looks good on me, right? Caroline pouts to Vincent.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 09:12 PM
"The armor? Why? Does it have better stats than the others you've got or worse?" Vincent looks over at Caroline.

A reminder of what the armor looks like might help.

While Rabbit was off moping somewhere, assuming Reinholdt is doing the same, the once-cat checks his text messages.

"Trap?"
"Trap."
Sigh.

Reinholdt grabs his shotgun and heads to the tavern.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 09:18 PM
Leather bustier, leather hot pants, leather heeled thigh boots, leather choker, and leather gloves. All tight fitting.

Well, yes. That's why I bought it, was because the stats were better than my previous clothes.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 09:27 PM
"Yeah. Looks good." :smallbiggrin:

"Didn't you ask that when you first got it?" :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 09:37 PM
Well... yes..... I.... Well a girl's gotta be reassured that she's still attractive once in awhile, ya know!! With that, Caroline turns bright red, and upon feeling the heat rise to her face, quickly turns and walks away, not wishing to run.

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 09:40 PM
*blink*
*blink*
*blink*
"What was that about?" :smallconfused:
*blink*
*blink*

Stupid clueless Main Character. Where's the third wheel to inform him of what's going on when you need one?

billtodamax
2009-12-09, 11:53 PM
Well, Rebecca's nearby, giggling.

You two are so cute.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 12:16 AM
"Cute... sure... I guess..." :smallconfused:
Vincent just looks at Rebecca funny and starts charting things on a map trying to figure out the best place to go to get a space suit.

billtodamax
2009-12-10, 12:33 AM
This just sends her into a mad giggling fit.

Terrance rolls off to destinations unknown. Or just the other side of the room.

Morty
2009-12-10, 08:40 AM
((Can it be assumed that Dipsnig told everyone about the current situation in NO while they were deadtimed?))

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:15 AM
Yep. Assumptions made.

Vincent really isn't sure what to make of the giggling, so mostly ignores it. Can't help but feel that maybe... just maybe... Rebecca is laughing at him though. :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-10, 06:16 PM
Dr. Beit appears in the entrance hall and goes searching for Reinholdt.

He will wave to any NO members he sees within as he searches.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 09:30 PM
There is a Reinholdt indeed around.

In fact he recently returned from talking with/nearly killing Happy. And made a decision. He really doesn't want to look like Shepherd anymore and is going to risk using that stupid pillow again. Maybe he'll change back into a cat.

So those looking for Reinholdt will find him getting ready to go to sleep on the magic pillow.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 09:41 PM
Rabbit's searching for Reinholdt as well, but it can wait til after Dr. Beit gets to him.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 09:48 PM
Reinholdt is in his room preparing for a night's sleep! I'd say it's a good one, but it never is with these nightmares lately.

I'd wager Rabbit probably finds him first.
Cause she's on and Beit's not.

There is a plot clone of Rein waiting for Beit's news though. Crazy glass mirrors. They create all manner of temporal anomalies.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 09:52 PM
Rabbit came into the room without knocking. Because she's rude like that.
"Hey, cat, what are you doing right now?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 09:56 PM
He glances at Rabbit, half-jumping in surprise. He's really not used to people in here. Let alone just showing up like that.

"Going to fix this Shepherd thing hopefully. Change back. Or into something else at least. I'm hoping anyways. The pillow didn't exactly come with a set of instructions."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:00 PM
Rabbit frowned, a look of...something, overcoming her eyes. Maybe anger, maybe disappointment.
"What if it just makes it worse?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:03 PM
"... How? What's a worse option than this one?" :smallconfused:

Reinholdt plops down on the bed, leaning against the pillow.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:05 PM
In a rush, Rabbit leaned forward, pulling the pillow away from Reinholdt.
"I don't know, you turn into some freakish cat/boy hybrid? Why don't we just stop and think this over first?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:09 PM
"Hey! Some people like catboys you know?"

Reinholdt watches as Rabbit pulls the pillow away. "What's gotten into you? I thought you couldn't even bear me like this? Besides, I'm reasonably certain that that won't be the case." Reinholdt goes to reach for the pillow again.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:14 PM
Rabbit pulled it around her back, holding it from him.
"I'm just saying, I don't want you to mess this up and make it permanent if it isn't already!"

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:17 PM
Reinholdt pauses. "Like what? Sleep on the thing once change, sleep on it twice, make the change irreversible?" :smallconfused:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:22 PM
"I don't know, Reinholdt!" Rabbit lost any facade of calm, screaming at the once-cat.
"I just don't want you to mess this up for me!"

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:25 PM
Reinholdt shrinks back in terror, clasping at his knees on the bed, his eyes wide. :smalleek:

"S-sorry. I won't do it, k?"

"Mess what up?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:36 PM
"I...might be able to fix this." Rabbit's eyes fell to the floor, and she pulled the pillow back to the front, hugging it to her stomach.
"All of this."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:38 PM
"If you were working on a way to change me back without using the pillow, why didn't you just say so?"

Reinholdt relaxes ever so slightly. Still kinda scared of her though. Then again, she was always scary in a way.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:39 PM
Her teeth ground together, her eyes unable to look at his directly.
"That's...I wasn't sure you'd be okay with it, considering the technique."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:42 PM
"The technique?"
Well now he's just curious.
Kitties.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:45 PM
"Its...a bit of a twist on necromancy. You won't turn out undead, but I know your reluctance with the possibility."
Shifty, lying Rabbit.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:48 PM
"Hmm..."

Hmmm...

"Well... you're the expert. I'll trust you."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 10:54 PM
"Should we try it?" Rabbit tilted her head, smiling softly.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 10:57 PM
"Sure. Wasn't that tired anyways." :smallsmile:

She's smiling and not yelling! Yay!

Reinholdt hops out of bed and prepares to follow Rabbit to hell and back if he has to.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 11:03 PM
Rabbit grins, almost victoriously, and heads off to her bedroom, checking behind her every now and again to make sure he's following behind her.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:05 PM
Reinholdt is dutifully following. Doing his best to keep eyes above hip level. Sometimes failing.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 11:25 PM
Finally, they arrive to her bedroom, and she holds the door open for him, smiling gently.
There's already a plethora of black candles lit, dripping wax all over the glass furniture. Its a lucky thing she doesn't have anything wooden, or else some of the more burnt out candles might have caused a fire by now.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:28 PM
"I never did get the black candle thing with necromancy." Probably cause his world just lacked magic in general and he never had any of the stigmas associated until later.

Shepholdt heads on in, smiling warmly back at Rabbit.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 11:31 PM
"I'm...going to need to put you to sleep for a little bit, if that's okay." Awkwardly, she gestured to her bed. It was unmade, blankets tossed and turned around from her measly amounts of sleep and thousands of nightmares.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:36 PM
Reinholdt frowns. "Poor choice of words around cats. Like saying you're going to kill me."

He's not so sure he likes that idea. He'd rather prefer to be awake when rituals and stuff were happening. But if he was, he might disrupt by turning the wrong way or something? He's heard of that happen before. Still... Rabbit was acting odd. The unusual warmness perhaps?

Of course! She was dealing with her element! Reinholdt had never really seen her practice magic or necromancy or offshoots thereof. She must like it. One would imagine so being an expert on it. That was what was so off.

"Alright." Reinholdt goes and lies down on the bed, getting himself comfortable.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 11:45 PM
Its true that Rabbit is typically much more cordial when dealing with the dead, undead and the magic dealing in both, and also that she was pleased to be back in business, as she had intended to give up necromancy completely when she moved away with Amour.
However, Reinholdt was very, very accurate in his suspicions.
Pressing a hand to Reinholdt's forehead, he should feel at first lightheaded, and then very, very drowsy, finally falling into a deep sleep.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:50 PM
Reinholdt smiles warmly at Rabbit, brushing at her hair once, as he slips away. Finally getting a good night's sleep.
Down... down... down...
Zzzzzzz....

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-10, 11:54 PM
"Sorry, Reinholdt." And with that whispered apology, Rabbit set about her work. The cooled catman corpse under her bed was still fresh, and, with her work, would remain so even when animated.

When Reinholdt would next awake, he would find himself four feet away from where he was originally, on a blanket on the cold glass floor, Rabbit standing over him.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:58 PM
No intricate description of the horrible rituals involved? Aww... :smalltongue:

Reinholdt blinks awake slowly his mind trying to wake up.
"Rabbit? Finished already? Did it work?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:02 AM
Rabbit blinked, biting her lip.
"I'm sorry, Reinholdt, I wasn't very honest with you." She pointed with a shaking finger at Reinholdt's previously body, now breathing softly, bereft of a soul.
"I..I..I think I might be able to bring Shepherd back, and this was the only way, and I'm so sorry, but I had to do this..."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:04 AM
"Wait... what?" :smallconfused:
"What did you do Rabbit?!" :smalleek:

Reinholdt looks at the body on the bed. If that wasn't him then...
Reinholdt looks himself over more closely.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:11 AM
Reinholdt would find himself in a body of pale skin, semi-long ebony hair falling in his eyes as he glanced down, a slender, sleek tail of white with black markings peeking out from underneath him. Of course, if he had a mirror, he would see that his ears were just the same, white with black tips, and he had eyes the color of jade, with high, defined cheekbones, and shapely lips.
He might also notice that his flesh is freezing, and there's no rhythm of a heartbeat to be felt from his chest.
"I found one of those corpses around ACRO. Thousands of dead catpeople. You thought I'd been in that room the whole time, but I've been looking around, to see what's changed. I don't know why, but seeing you made like Shepherd initially made me upset, but then I realized...this is a blessing. We can have our son back, Reinholdt."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:16 AM
"Rabbit... I want him back as much as you, but what if he tries to destroy the world again? We can't risk that!"

"Why do I feel so co... you said corpse? Corpse as in dead? As in no longer but once was dead but not really living again type of thing?" :eek:

Reinholdt gulps. "U-u-un-undead?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:20 AM
"We'll...we'll figure out something. Surely, being in another body will strip him of his powers, or something. Maybe death's mellowed him. I don't know, but I have to try."
Rabbit frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.
"And, yes. You're undead. But considering how many times you've died and been 'reborn', I don't see why you have any concern to be upset about it."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:22 AM
Probably has to do with that entirely irrational phobia of his.
Which would explain the screaming.
What screaming?
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
:eek:
Oh. That screaming.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:28 AM
Rabbit rolled her eyes, tapping her foot impatiently.
He'd have to stop that screaming soon, wouldn't he?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:29 AM
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!"

I dunno. Maybe. Does he even need to stop to catch his breath? Do undead need to catch their breaths to keep screaming?

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:32 AM
No, no they don't.

Exasperated, Rabbit dropped to her knees and attempted to pull the screaming catman into her arms.
"I've lived the past year and a half as an undead, Reinholdt. You'll be fine."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:35 AM
Reinholdt stops screaming as he's pulled into her arms. He should be mad at her. But right now he'll take whatever reassurances he can get. He's trembling pretty hard right now. His first experiences with undead under Cal's tutelage were pretty frightening. The 'no humanity left grotesque monsters' type frightening.

"But... but... but..."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:37 AM
Rabbit sighed.
He wasn't going to shut up, was he?

With some irritation, she turned his face towards hers, angling herself precariously to press her lips against his.

Such a manipulative bitch.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:43 AM
Well I suppose that's one way to shut him up.
He shuts up, his eyes wide and his tail flicking rapidly with more life than he's got, as he gives a soft murr. Not quite a moan, but almost.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:44 AM
Pulling away after a few moments, Rabbit patted his head, inbetween his ears.
"Good cat. Now sit and think this out logically, okay? Do you feel any different, really?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:48 AM
"I... well... I guess? It's... cold. Like everything is cold and I can't warm up." Kitties like being warm!

"And one or two other things I can't put my finger on." Mostly cause he's not as used to being a catboy as he is a cat.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:50 AM
"Yeah," Rabbit nodded. "The cold is not anything to be thought well of, but, other than that, its not so different. Except...when you get hungry."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:51 AM
"... Why? What happens when you get hungry?" He starts shaking a little again.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:53 AM
"Shhhh." Rabbit continued stroking his ears, finger applying soft pressure up and down the fur.
"It'll be okay. I'll help you with it."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:55 AM
Reinholdt mayhaps have purred right there? It's hard to tell.

"Promise?"
Not that her promises are really worth all that much right now.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:58 AM
"Of course." She wiggled closer, looking over to the body she intended for Shepherd.
"And we'll have Shepherd back, and we can be a family again."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:01 AM
"Rabbit... please. We can't try to bring him back. It's too dangerous. If he starts doing what he was born to do again... I don't want..." :smallfrown:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:03 AM
"I can stop it, Rein. I'll have complete control." Rabbit looked desperately at Reinholdt, grabbing his arms gently.
"I need to try. I need to."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:06 AM
Reinholdt pulls his arm away. "Right. Like we had control last time right?! Everything was hunky dory then, wasn't it?! You had it so handled you only begged me to stop it!" :smallmad:

"I don't want to have to kill him again Rabbit! I don't want to go through that again..."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:10 AM
"I've got it! I can do it myself this time if I need to!" Rabbit pulled away, growling at the catboy infront of her.
"I only begged you to do it because that's what the prophecy said! If anything happens, all I have to do is say a few words, and you'll be back in that body, and he'll be gone! I'm not going to be so helpless this time!"

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:15 AM
"It's a bad idea and you know it! What if he kills you like he did Melody before you can do anything huh?! Then what?! Did you forget we turned our backs on him? Do you think he's going to be happy with us if he comes back?!"

Reinholdt growls twice as fierce. Probably cause his body is designed for it a bit more.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:21 AM
Rabbit paused. She hadn't really thought of that, not at all. Of course Shepherd wouldn't be happy to see either of them; they had killed him. Even if it had been to save everyone and everything, how could a child forgive a parent for that?
Rabbit muttered a few words unintelligibly under her breath, and Reinholdt would likely fall back into his deep slumber. Should that happen, he would likely awaken again in his previous spot, with that magic pillow tucked under his head.
Perhaps as a kitty again?

However, Rabbit and the catperson body would be gone.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:30 AM
Eep. She used the magic pillow on him.

For a variety of reasons steming from recent events, he actually wakes up looking as so:

Merely a man. A really, really amazing man. Screw Jazirian, Harth, Fanboy, even... Wait. He's probably, in fact, the most attractive humanoid to have ever walked the universes, in an over-hyped, inhuman, Stephenie Meyer described, kinda way. Take Amour’s intrigue (without the weird loner, and lover, issues), Nomlas’ boldness (without the uncouth idiocy, and ignoring the occasional bouts of OMG-cowardice), Vespe’s flair (without the moral weakness – don’t try and deny it), Butler’s sexiness (without the overtones of rank easiness), Fanboy’s gothic impressiveness (without the tendency to get on your nerves), and everyone else good looking you can think of’s attractiveness (without that ugly stench of mortality). He has slightly pointed ears, pale, almost luminous skin, big, red-pink eyes, lacking pupils, and a wiry, muscular physique, that screams effortlessness. He's flaming hawt.

Reinholdt looks at himself in the glass mirrors and recognizes himself as the figure he associated himself with as Shepherd's father in his mind. Reinlaroth.

He sighs. This was something like the fifth body he's switched to in as many weeks. Maybe days. He's lost count.

"Rabbit? Rabbit!" He hops up and starts running around searching for her.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:32 AM
Rabbit's sitting on a glass set of stairs, crying bloody red tears that drip down her face lazily in crimson trails, dripping off her nose and chin.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:34 AM
Reinlaroth sits down next to her.
"I'm sorry. I was too hard on you. I've been in the same spot." :smallfrown:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:35 AM
"You owe me another child." She sniffled, but then laughed, like it was some joke, not just the statement, but the entire thing, and she was playing it off gently.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:39 AM
"Heh."
He smiles sadly.
"I owe you a lot."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:40 AM
"Don't." And that firm edge was in her voice again, and she pulled as far away from Reinholdt as possible.
"Don't even start."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:43 AM
He's not sure what she's referring to him starting. He was just going to thank her for letting him live in her Citadel all this time. At least that was what he was mostly referring to anyways. :smallconfused:

"... Okaaay. Sorry."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:45 AM
She didn't want him to thank for for anything. The Citadel, giving him his body back, anything.
Guilt. It works in strange ways.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:48 AM
Reinholdt looks down at his hands. She didn't even seem to notice his change, that's how often it seems he changes. Can't blame her.

"I'm sorry for freaking out over the undead thing. It wasn't all as bad as I thought it was going to be."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:53 AM
Rabbit shrugged, but remained wholly silent.
Its a very elementary school response, but sometimes that's the best way to convey any emotion.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:57 AM
Reinholdt doesn't know what else to say. And Rabbit certainly wasn't helping.

So instead he just curls up into a ball. Force of habit from when he was a cat, but it looks kinda pitiful now. "I'm not mad at you."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:00 AM
"I can't go home." She sad it suddenly, pulling her knees to her chest and hugging them there.
"I tried to go back, and I can't. Its like it doesn't exist anymore. Like Amour doesn't exist."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:04 AM
That... would explain a lot. Mostly as to why she hasn't abandoned him and run away like before.

"Oh. I'm sorry."
"I know you loved him." :smallfrown:

Reinholdt hates seeing her hurt. He uncurls and crawls over to her where he tries to nuzzle up against her, wrapping her in a giant egg hug.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:08 AM
She merely nodded, reaching out to pet him...
And then she stopped, staring at him intently with narrowed hazel eyes.
"You look like you did, back then. And, you know, normal humans don't act like cats."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:12 AM
"Pfft. Screw normal humans. If I was normal, you wouldn't have anything to do with me for starters."

"But yeah. I noticed. The pillow again I can only presume. Since you decided to use it anyways."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:18 AM
Rabbit nodded slowly.
"Didn't have anyother choice. I didn't want you to look like him any more."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:23 AM
"I understand. It's hard to move on when he's right there in your face as a person, but not."

He looks down at the floor and his reflection.
"It's hard to move on at all."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:25 AM
Without much warning, Rabbit wiggled her way closer to him, petting his hair softly with her hands.
Sometimes, she missed her silk gloves.
"I think I need to go back to bed."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:27 AM
Reinholdt looked up and smiled softly and nodded.
"Goodnight Rabbit."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:28 AM
Rabbit disentangled herself from Reinholdt, standing up slowly, but hesitated.
"Will you come with me?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:32 AM
There's a bit of a stunned silence.

"If... if you want me to."
Reinholdt stands up slowly, afraid she might change her mind, holding out his hand for her to take and lead him.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 02:35 AM
Awkwardly, as if it almost scared her, Rabbit took his hand in hers.
"Well? What are you waiting for?" And she tugged him down the hall, and into her room to snuggle with her as she slept.

And RHL is going to bed envying her character now. kthnxsleepwell

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:31 PM
Envious of these two. How rare.

Reinholdt starts to stir awake. Best night's sleep he's had in a long time.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 12:54 PM
Rabbit is still mostly unconscious, curled around the once cat, breathing soft and rhythmically.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 12:58 PM
Reinholdt smiles. It's a warm, strong smile. A rarity and a happiness. :smallsmile:

He settles for twisting ever so slightly to gently pet the lengths of her hair.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:05 PM
"Your obsession with my hair both confuses and pleases me." Her eyes were still closed, her voice deep and sleep-laden.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:08 PM
"Well it's pretty and fun to play with."
Pet pet pet.

"Least I'm not trying to chew on it."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:11 PM
"Mmmm." Rabbit sat up, yawning, stretching her arms over her head.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:13 PM
Reinholdt withdraws his arm out of the way, trying to be polite. Though failing with his wandering eyes.

Blushing when he realizes what he's doing, he twists so he's facing the other way.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-11, 01:17 PM
Rabbit had no idea what the hell he was doing, so she continued yawning, pushing herself from her bed and following her previous path out of the room.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:22 PM
Reinholdt sees Rabbit leaving and scurries to get out of bed and follow, but gets tangled in the sheets and falls to the floor with a thud.

"Owww..." He extracts himself, gets the sheets back on the bed and goes to follow.

Boo
2009-12-11, 03:16 PM
Hmmm... should I bring Tonails here? Shall I? Would I? I don't recall ever really doing anything here besides stealing a bit of glass...

Toddy lands just adjacent to the Glass Citadel, having been projected by a large Bear... whom shall not be named for legal reasons. Not that Tonails has a lawyer. Anyway, he, Tonails, can be seen running violently toward the citadel in hopes of finding Toddy the teddy Bear. He arrives quickly enough, but his break causes a nice sliding crater...whatever that's called. He begins his search by knocking on the front door. Manners are important, you know!

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 03:22 PM
"I'll get it."

Flaming hot Reinholdt, which flows slightly better than Reinlaroth, goes to answer the front door. After peering through the one way glass to see he doesn't recognize the person at all.

"Yes? May I help you?"

Boo
2009-12-11, 03:27 PM
"My friend is missing! I need to find him! Can I search your yard?"
"'Toddy's lost!'"
Tonails spins about. "Toddy?! Where are you?!" he whimpers.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 03:32 PM
"Umm... sure."
Reinholdt steps outside and looks about. Doesn't seem to be anyone else here.

"What's he look like?"

Boo
2009-12-11, 03:38 PM
"W-well... He's... Toddy looks like..." He's not sure how to answer.
"He's got little arms and legs....I think. And--and he's short! Like... really short! Like really really short! He's... brown! A-a-and-and furry!..." Tonails stops.
"I-I-I-I NEED Toddy! Where's Toddy?!" Quite a bit childish, but some people are just like that.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 03:41 PM
"I don't know where he's at yet. We're still working to figure that out, ok? He's really short, huh? Is he shorter than you?"

Boo
2009-12-11, 03:47 PM
"Yeah! He's always with me!" Look, a conversation! "Then some bear--" bear is pronounced differently from Bear (important information, this). "--took him away... and... I CAN'T FIND HIM!!"
Tonails collapses, his hat falling off to reveal the top of his feather-wig. It rolls down the steps (there's steps, yes?) and circles a rock before falling flat.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 03:52 PM
Oh geez. Was collapsing really needed? Crazy kid.
Reinholdt goes to scoop him up.

"Alright. Where's did you last see the bear that took Toddy?"

Of course, if the kid isn't conscious, he won't bother asking that question.

Reinholdt will go down the steps (which are there only sometimes depending on the person!) to retrieve the hat at least.

Boo
2009-12-11, 04:00 PM
>> I should have said he collapsed to his knees; and his size is based on perception, so if he's thought to be small then he's small. If he's thought to be tall then he's tall.

He doesn't cry either since there are no ducts; but he does grieve "He threw Toddy over here, and now I can't find him..."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 04:04 PM
He's small. Though Toddy is smaller.

Scooping him up does not occur, just hat retrieving.

"Well alright. Crying about it won't help though. Let's go look for him. The sooner we find him, the better, right?"

Boo
2009-12-11, 04:09 PM
"Right!" And... they're off?

Toddy's behind a large stone to the (camera) right of the Glass Citadel.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 04:14 PM
And they're off! Searching around for Toddy. It's anyone's guess who finds him first.

Boo
2009-12-11, 04:22 PM
(excuse the godmodding...)

A ferocious start from Tonails as he makes his way for the bend! Reinholdt's not far behind, but what's that! Tonails turns and picks up a rock! Oh and Reinholdt looks over another! What a glorious day for teddy Bear hunting!
But what's this? Reinholdt examines the area while standing still! Such strength in those eyes! Tonails is falling behind with his individual searching... and wait! He's closing in... AWW! He's turned and started going the other way! AAAAAAAAAAND Reinholdt walks over into the shade and sees a small, patched brown thing behind a large stone! Is he gonna win? IS HE?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure Reinholdt considers it winning, but he does spot the brown thing. And leans down to pick him up and brush him off.

"Found him!"

Unless... this was the bear that threw Toddy. In which case Reinholdt is just going to be very confused.

Boo
2009-12-11, 04:43 PM
As much as I wish a certain four-hundred kilogram Bear were to be found there, he isn't. Instead it's a... no, I'm not going to make the pokeman reference. It's Toddy.

Tonails lunges at Reinholdt from several meters away. No steps. Just one great big lunge. A glomp, really.
"TODDY!!"
"'Tonails!'"
Rein'll notice the voice coming from the same mouth if he didn't at the front door. However, their voices are substantially different from each other. Toddy's is deep and worn from age, while Tonails's voice is rather silly and a bit nasally--like how you may sound when you plug your nose and talk with your tongue against your throat.
In unison to Reinholdt: "Thank you Dad!" Dad = Human Male?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 04:52 PM
Reinholdt is rather creeped out how they can talk in unison like that. Amongst other things. Like being called Dad. He rubs his arm.

"Errr... umm... just Reinholdt will do. And you're welcome. Just don't lose him again, alright?"

Boo
2009-12-11, 04:58 PM
"Rhine-holt?" Tonails stops to think for a moment. "I'm Tonails!" Apparently he couldn't remember his name. He does have another name however, but this will do for as long as it takes to find it out. "Pray tell you aren't going to eat me, are you? 'Eating Toddy is bad!'"

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 05:02 PM
"Err... no. I'm not going to eat you." :smallconfused:

"Where do you live Toenails?" Seriously? Some parents named their kid that? Wow.

Boo
2009-12-11, 05:11 PM
"Well, I don't live anywhere." His lenses shine, and his mask shows a bigger smile than before.
"I'm a..." The word's forming "A..." It's coming along--until Toddy interrupts, "'We're travelers!'" I was expecting something nonsensical. Tonails nods in agreement.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 05:14 PM
"Like nomads, huh? Aren't you a bit young for that?" :smallconfused:

Reinholdt goes to sit on the steps.

Boo
2009-12-11, 05:25 PM
(I suddenly have to leave due to an emergency. I'll be on later tonight if I can. Up to you as to what happens next.)

"Excuse me, I'm a whole month old! I've already outlasted the Fly King!" Saturday will make it a month. "That silly thing thought it could steal my friends away, but it didn't! Then I stole myself a fairy! See?" He presents Reinholdt with a crystallized fairy ring. "But then it's friends chased me. Pixies are awful!" and he gesticulates to put emphasis on this point. "Then--then I was trapped in a room; and there was this thing that tried to eat me! But I showed it! Silly thingy!..." and he talks about forts, sword-fighting, shooting, digging, flying, etc. As amazing as it could sound, the explanations are nonsensical and hard to understand.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 05:54 PM
"Oh... uh... ok. Well... congratulations on... that. And all. Yeah..." :smallconfused:

"Any idea where you're traveling to or why?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 06:55 PM
Maybe Dr. Beit finds Reinholdt now. Maybe? :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 06:58 PM
Sure. Or rather Dr. Beit finds a completely new person that may make the good doctor question his current sexuality sitting in the kitchen eating, in a horrible fit of continuity. Just cause the more plot clones, the more confusing the better.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 07:16 PM
Reinholdt? Dr. Beit sits down across from him, staring.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 07:19 PM
"Oh hi Doc. Yeah. It's me. Again. Sorry about that." Reinholdt's thinking about putting up a bulletin board with his picture on it and rotating the picture everytime he changes bodies. It'd save a lot of confusion and time.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 07:26 PM
((Only for those who watch the bulletin board constantly. :smallbiggrin:))

Well, I looked for your friend, Phoenix. But hopefully he's not at GLoG, as GLoG has been not only destroyed, but overtaken by a nest of huge bugs.

Dr. Beit sits back in his chair, still staring at Reinholdt.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 07:29 PM
"Yeah. I heard the bad news. Well... no body found, right? Can only hope." :smallfrown:

Reinholdt discretely wipes his mouth with a napkin to get the food off his face or something that the doctor keeps staring at. Discretely.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 07:34 PM
Dr. Beit smiles slightly as Reinholdt discreetly wipes his face.

Then goes back to his neutral look. Sorry. But I wasn't about to get close enough to look to see who or what was still there. Giant bugs are a little too much for me to handle.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 07:36 PM
"No no. It's ok. You did all you could and more than needed to. Thank you. Hungry?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 08:06 PM
Sure. So, what happened?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 08:09 PM
Reinholdt winces. Should he tell him the whole thing with Rabbit and being betrayed and stuff like that? Technically that wasn't it...

"I decided to use the pillow again. Couldn't handle looking like my own son anymore." I'm going to venture a guess and say that the Doctor is decent at reading people and can tell Reinholdt is hiding something.

All the same, Reinholdt starts getting Beit some food.

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-11, 08:19 PM
He's been looking for Phoenix? >.>

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 08:29 PM
He's been looking for Phoenix? >.>
Yup. Cause last Reinholdt heard, Phoenix had a severe case of zombiebitis, went to GLoG and was never heard from again.

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-11, 08:30 PM
'Kay.
Cause see, having him flee to HALO was a pretty bad idea, considering my allergy to fast moving threads.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 08:35 PM
Dr. Beit can, but the wince was more than enough to tell him that it's not a good memory for some reason.

He decides it may be too fresh in Reinholdt's mind to force the issue now. And now you look decidely different than I have ever seen you before. He smiles at Reinholdt. Who is this?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 08:38 PM
"This..." Reinholdt lets out a long sigh, putting the food down in front of Beit.

"This would be what I looked like during the Shepherd incident. You recall me telling you about the change into a human and all that. This is one and the same. Though there's definitely something missing I can't put my finger on." A little Kaela in his mind yelling at him constantly to breed mostly.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 09:00 PM
Little Kaela's are scary. :smalleek:

Hmmmm. Very interesting. Do you like this form? It is very..... handsome. He almost said beautiful.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 09:06 PM
Little Kaela's make Reinholdt do bad things. :smallfrown: :smalltongue:

Reinholdt looks at the wall. It's useful sometimes to have mirrors everywhere.

"I suppose so. It's certainly a step up anyways." I don't think Reinholdt fully grasps human beauty yet. Perhaps in time.

"And so far, no one seems to be pissed off at it. So as far as I'm concerned... works for me." He turns back to the doctor and smiles.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:06 AM
Dr. Beit smiles back. Good. Maybe this will allow you to start fresh in the world. Leave the old Reinholdt behind.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:08 AM
"Heh. I've heard that option before. Somehow old Reinholdt seems to tag along anyways. To an extent." For instance, a recent resurgence of interest for Rabbit, largely precipitated by her being here.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:14 AM
Dr. Beit continues to smile. I don't mean leave him behind and forget him. You can never do that, or you run the chance of becoming him once again.

I just suggest that having a new face, will allow others to give you the chance at a new start.

This new face is very charming. Just to look at. That alone will disarm them a little. But the fact that they likely won't know it's you immediately, will allow them to get to know you again, for the first time.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:18 AM
"Oh I see."
Reinholdt ponders.

"I don't... I don't think anyone really knows me that well. Except maybe Rabbit."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:29 AM
So, where's breakfast, my dear friend? Dr. Beit looks about.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:32 AM
"This..." Reinholdt lets out a long sigh, putting the food down in front of Beit.

"This would be what I looked like during the Shepherd incident. You recall me telling you about the change into a human and all that. This is one and the same. Though there's definitely something missing I can't put my finger on." A little Kaela in his mind yelling at him constantly to breed mostly.
Reinholdt involuntarily shivers at the mention of friend. He still didn't have that issue did he? Probably not. It was involuntary after all.

"Right in front of you. Does it need to be heated up or do you want something else?" :smallconfused:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 12:36 AM
Rabbit's toddling around the Citadel, mostly because she hasn't been around very much lately, and partially because her player doesn't want to be rude.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:39 AM
Rabbit can meet the pair in the kitchen. They've mostly wrapped up their discussion for now anyways. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 12:41 AM
Hurrah. And so Rabbit walks into the kitchen, blinking at the stranger.
Atleast, a stranger to herself.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:45 AM
"Hi Rabbit." He looks at her then Beit then back at her.

"Oh. Right. You haven't met I suppose. Rabbit this is Doctor Beit. Doctor Beit this is Rabbit."

"Would you like some breakfast Rabbit?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 01:15 AM
Dr. Beit looks down at his food. How'd I miss that? He thinks he knows, but isn't going to admit it. He waves at Rabbit as she enters. Hello Madam. I didn't know Reinholdt had another friend here.

He picks up his meal and gives a little bow. I'll take my meal to go, thank you. And with that, he disappears.

((DEADTIME))

billtodamax
2009-12-12, 01:19 AM
Rebecca quietly leaves with Terrance, only pausing to thank Rein from the corridor.

Off to NO!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:31 AM
"Why are there so many people in my house?" Rabbit sat down next to Reinholdt, looking confused.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:33 AM
"You probably weren't here when it all happened, but there was an army that attacked pretty much everywhere. Most of the people here were refugees. They're headed back out now that it's over."

Reinholdt looked at where the doctor sat. "And that was my therapist."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:36 AM
"Really?" Rabbit quirked her left eyebrow, glancing to the seat the doctor had previously inhabited.
"I thought therapists weren't supposed to be attracted to their patients."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:38 AM
Reinholdt looks at Rabbit in confusion. "At-attracted?" :smallconfused: :smalleek:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:40 AM
"He totally couldn't keep his eyes off you." She smirked, obviously enjoying Reinholdt's awkwardness, though there was a slight tinge of jealousy peaking out.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:42 AM
Reinholdt is blushing pretty hard.

"He... uh... was just commenting cause of my new look that's all! Simply stating facts about my face and how other people would find me handsome. That's all. Really." :smallredface: :smalleek:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:45 AM
"Reinholdt.' Rabbit spoke firmly, leaning over to cup her cold hand against his warm cheek.
"This was the form you seduced me with, remember? Of all people, I know how attractive it is. He was into you."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:47 AM
"I... but..."
Panic Reinholdt panic! Do something! Do something!
Turn it on it's head!
"I seduced you?! I clearly remember it being the other way around."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:48 AM
Pulling back, Rabbit frowned, her eyebrows knitting together in a sort of irritation.
"Excuse me? I certainly remember you taking advantage of me."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:51 AM
"Don't give me that. You were the one who always acted vulnerable then pulled a little closer and tugged a little harder!" :smallannoyed:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 01:55 AM
This course of action will lead, of course, to Rabbit glaring with much fury and anger.
Infact, the citadel began to shake just a liiiiittle bit.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:58 AM
Reinholdt's anger disappears awfully quick as it gets replaced with cowardly fear.
He seems to literally shrink.

Of course that's just him sinking in his seat.

He doesn't utter a peep.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 02:00 AM
"Hehehe." Yes. Yes, she was laughing. And, continuing to do so, she leaned forward, pressing her hand against his head gently.
"Good boy."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 02:02 AM
Reinholdt gulps a little, though relaxes some, now more confused than scared. Still... he did something right! He got praise!
... He's not sure what he did right though. :smallconfused:
Whatever. He nuzzles her hand just a little.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 02:30 AM
He was submissive. Whatelse could such a manipulative bitch want in a friend?
"Do...do you think we could try for another?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 02:32 AM
"You mean... another... child?" Reinholdt asked tentatively.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 02:34 AM
"Not...not now, of course, but eventually. Someday. That kind of thing." She spoke quickly, forced, as if she was terrified that he wouldn't understand what she really meant.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 02:37 AM
"I... uh..."
What could he say? There's so many things that could go wrong. That they didn't know about. Horrible awful things. What if it all repeated? What if she left him again? What if...

"I would... I would like to. Yes."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 02:43 AM
Rabbit blinked.
And blinked again.
She took a deep breath, and...
Blinked.
Finally, a smile crossed her lips, painted red like a gash across her face.
"Okay. Good. Alright." She stood, in that air of general pleased-ness.
"I think I'm going to go to bed."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 02:46 AM
Reinholdt froze. What was he supposed to do? Follow her? Wait til later? Snuggle again? Was it an invitation or a statement? What did she want?

He stands awkwardly, quasi-offering his hand halfway in case she wanted it again. "I... uh... hope your sleep is restful." :smallsmile:

Ouch. That sounded awful. Reinholdt winces at himself.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-12-12, 03:07 AM
"Well, come on, then."

((deadtime))

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 03:11 AM
Reinholdt nods and follows Rabbit to her room where he deadtimes as well.

Boo
2009-12-12, 04:42 AM
Finally, a smile crossed her lips, painted red like a gash across her face.Where can I find lipstick like that? :smallwink:

"Oh... uh... ok. Well... congratulations on... that. And all. Yeah..." :smallconfused:

"Any idea where you're traveling to or why?"

"Traveling 'to'?"
"'Toddy and him don't know where!'"
"We don't, we don't! But perchance we find out, we'll tell you!"
"'We might, we might!'"
Before a reply can be drawn, the pair duck together (or rather, just Tonails holding Toddy to his forehead) "Toddy, you ask him. 'No you!' I asked him last time!"
Toddy groused briefly. "'Mister Rhinolt?'" An expected error, "'You taste funny.'"
"Yeah. Like a dead pixie!"
"'Hush, you!'"
Tonails bends his head downward to murmur, "Kinda looks funny too... real unnatural"

I hope Reinholdt's hearing isn't good enough to hear that last bit.

Should I add colour to the dialogue for ease of reading? (That is, to differentiate Tonails from Toddy.)

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 09:36 AM
Knock, knock, knock on the Citadel's door!

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 11:35 AM
Oh I never really have any idea when Toddy is speaking and when Tonails is speaking, but I find that part of the character's charm. He should be confusing!

Unfortunately Rein's hearing has taken a hit when he changed from cat to this and adjusting isn't the easiest, so he doesn't hear the mumbling.

"Well... I... a dead pixie? Umm... I'm part will-o-wisp? Wait... how do you know what I taste like?"

Uh-oh! Something's coming! Reinholdt ducks inside, leaving Toddy and Tonails outside, and waits for the knock. He looks through the one-way glass to see who or what it is before opening the door and stepping back out and sitting back on the steps with Toddy and Tonails again. Presuming it isn't something horrible that he would recognize wants him dead, maimed, or otherwise extremely harmed. "Yes? How may I help you?"

Boo
2009-12-12, 03:20 PM
Tonails... waits for NK to say something.

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 06:44 PM
Nope, no person there! Just a box, sitting in front of the door.

Yup, there was just a knocking sound on the door and then the box appeared.

Boo
2009-12-12, 07:01 PM
Because manners aren't as important as satisfying curiosity, Tonails leaps at the chance to open it. >> I wonder who will get to it first.

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 07:19 PM
Whoever reaches and opens the box first will find a little stuffed doll of a catgirl with black hair and fur, recognizable as Misaki to Reinholdt. The Mini-saki makes cute meowing noises when petted and is very fuzzy and pleasant to the touch.

There is also a note!

Hello, Reinholdt. I'm sorry that things turned out this way. If you don't know, I'm... kinda dead. But, it's okay! It really isn't that bad, except I miss you and everyone, So I got these dolls so you have something to remember me by.

This isn't how I thought it would go... but I'm okay, Reinholdt, and I want the very best for you. I want you to be happy, and find forgiveness, and to live again, and to lose all that pain and sadness. I know you can do it if you just try really hard and let the good inner you out. I know you have it in you; you were nothing but kind to me, and I'm forever grateful for your care.

Love always,
Misaki

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-12, 08:07 PM
Oh I never really have any idea when Toddy is speaking and when Tonails is speaking, but I find that part of the character's charm. He should be confusing!
[/COLOR]

Tonails speaks in "ordinary speech marks" and Toddy has an extra set of "'quote marks'" when he speaks. >.>

Oooh! A bunny rabbit!
It fell off the cliff. D=

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 09:58 PM
Tonails likely gets it first since Reinholdt went all the way back inside. Hopefully Tonails will be kind enough to hand it over.

So that he may lean back against the steps, look up at the moon, hold the note against his chest, and cry.

Boo
2009-12-13, 12:07 AM
"Oh... it's a dolly." Tonails peers at the note, and suggests something to Toddy. "'Toddy says Reinholdt should have the boxy' Tonails agrees." And they act accordingly.
"I already have Toddy. I don't need another dolly." They step around the door frame, onto the wall, and sit vertically so Tonails back is to the floor while Reinholdt reads his message.
Tonails will cross his arms for no negative reason just as Reinholdt begins to cry.

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 12:15 AM
"Excuse me. I hope you find whatever you're traveling for." Reinholdt will stand up, clutching the doll and note and turn to head back inside.

Boo
2009-12-13, 03:11 AM
"Why does he hold the dolly so?"
"'Toddy doesn't know'"
"Me thinks it be time for me and you to leave."
"'It's boring!'"
"Yes, boring!"
"'I'll race you!'"
"Where?"
"'Where else?'"
"Of course!" Tonails rolls over himself and stands. He then places his left foot on the wall, then the right, then places the left higher. He is now walking on the side of the building. He goes a bit further before pushing off it's surface to the outskirts of the area.
He and Toddy prepare to race, each positioning their feet (in their own way) then at the sound of a seagull they skip away in a frolic.

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 09:11 AM
The doll meows and purrs as it is held against Reinholdt.

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 12:20 PM
Reinholdt slumps into a chair in the Study. Why does this always happen to people he cares about? Something horrible goes wrong if they didn't turn on him themselves. Already he was worried for Rabbit and Melody. And he thoroughly suspects Phoenix is dead and never to be found.

Reinholdt holds the doll and continues to pet it. Is this what it was like to hold him and pet him? Somehow he doesn't think he purred or meowed as often. "Just a little girl."

He settles into reading the note twice. Thrice. Six times. Eight times. Fourteen times.

He reads it a lot.

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 08:57 PM
Reinholdt pins the note up in his room and sets the Misaki doll on his bed before going to get something to eat in the kitchen.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 10:03 PM
And there Dr. Beit sits, eating a Roast Beast sandwich. Hello Reinholdt. How are you feeling this morning? *nomnomnom*

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 10:09 PM
"Oh hi doc. Mixed feelings I suppose. You?" Reinholdt starts grabbing his own food.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 10:13 PM
So far, so good. It might be noticed that he keeps eye contact with his food.

So, any new developments I should know about?

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 10:20 PM
"About a dozen." He sighs and sits down, trying to decide where to start.

"Good news and bad news. Whaddya want first?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 10:23 PM
Dr. Beit smiles at Reinholdt. I like to hear bad news first. It makes the good news that much better.

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 10:28 PM
Reinholdt frowns. Never heard that before.

"A little girl I knew died. She was only about eleven, but she was the sweetest thing. Somehow managed to send me a note even being dead though."

Reinholdt looks down and stirs his cereal.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 10:38 PM
Dr. Beit frowns. This was bad news. The good news may not be good enough.

It's so sad to lose young ones. Do you know how she died? He reaches out to take Reinholdt's hand.

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 10:42 PM
Reinholdt's hand is taken. He looks at it a moment, a flurry of emotions etched in his face. Mostly confusion. Sometimes he forgets that compassion thing applies all around.

"Froze to death. I found her body nearby and took her to GLoG. That's when the shooting started with the whole Happy wanting me dead thing." He shakes his head. He pretends there are dull moments, but there aren't really.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 10:54 PM
I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help. He gives Reinholdt's hand a slight squeeze.

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 11:01 PM
Reinholdt shrugs and shakes his head.

"Don't worry too much about it. It just... happens. To people I know. They die. Get hurt horribly. Something. It's... just the way the world works."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-14, 11:10 PM
Indeed.

Dr. Beit releases Reinholdt's hand. And the good news?

Reinholdt
2009-12-14, 11:16 PM
Reinholdt smirks a bit and looks up.

"Rabbit wants to have another baby. With me." :smallsmile:

She does care! And isn't just using him!

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:14 AM
Dr. Beit is....... surprised. Surprised and speechless.

But only for a moment. Who's Rabbit? Is she the mother of...... Shepherd?

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 01:22 AM
"... Yes. Remember the story I told you about Shepherd?" :smallconfused: Complete with Rabbit. She'd be pretty hard to leave out of that story.

"I... suppose I should explain a bit more about her." And so he does. Largely their meetings under before Calublufiok's first disappearance. He won't go into details about Cal quite now. Just lays the ground work to help explain why the two had Shepherd. And the parts about Amour. And the parts after Shepherd where she left.

He leaves out the part where that started his masochist tendencies though. And he hasn't yet explained anything about her return.

"I... I love her. Have for some time. Though I can never seem to say it to her. I thought she didn't care that much for me. I'm glad I was wrong." :smallbiggrin: :smallredface:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:28 AM
Dr. Beit shakes his head slightly. Sorry. I remember now. I don't know how I forgot someone so obviously important to you. He laughs a little at his own stupidity.

So... why are you certain that she loves you?

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 01:30 AM
"Well... I, uh, never said she LOVE loves me or anything like that."
>>
<<

"But I'm guessing asking me to start a family with her is a pretty strong indication."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:33 AM
Perhaps you're right. I think, I think something is wrong with me. This old mind isn't what it used to be, I guess. Suddenly, Dr. Beit looks older. Much older.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 01:35 AM
"Hmm?" :smallconfused:
How old does Beit normally look?

"Is everything alright? Anything I can help with?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:46 AM
He normally looks mid-30's. Now he looks mid-60's.

No, I don't think so. I think... I think time is finally catching up with me.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 01:50 AM
That... that's a pretty big jump. :smalleek:

"Umm... what? What's going on? What'd I do wrong? Make it stop!" :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:57 AM
It's.... it's not your fault Reinholdt. I guess I messed with time a little too long. Dr. Beit smiles affectionately at Reinholdt.

I wonder how Magtok gets away with it? Or that Vespe character. They're both well older than I am.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 02:00 AM
"Vespe is sanctioned by the time wizards or something and has a box! Magtok doesn't actually mess with time." He's practically flailing with confusion.

"What do you mean messed with time? I thought you were just a psychic. And why did it change now?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 02:04 AM
I'm not just a psychic. Dr. Beit smiles. I'm a therapist as well. But I've also learned how to manipulate time, to slow the effects of aging.

Well, it seems I've slipped. My concentration has broken. And so I've lost....... I don't know how many years. And I'm actually afraid to find out.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 02:05 AM
"You... lost your concentration?" Reinholdt thinks back to what Rabbit said about Beit.

:smallfrown: :smallsigh:

"Sorry."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 02:11 AM
You have nothing to apologize for. Dr. Beit smiles broadly. Do you want to know how old I am?

And without waiting for an answer. I'm one-hundred and sixty-seven years old this coming Febuary.

I've held that form for most of them, slipping only a little at the beginning, when I was first learning to use them.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 02:17 AM
"I see. Err... happy birthdays?"

In truth, Reinholdt has a few years on him that he doesn't show. All that body swapping.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 12:54 PM
Dr. Beit grins. I think you'll do just fine without me, Reinholdt. But I will always be available, if you need me for something, okay?

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 12:57 PM
"Hmm... you're going back to your private practice then? Do you even have other patients?" :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

He grins. And frowns. Was he cured or whatever it was? He didn't feel it. Then again, what would it feel like?

Lex-Kat
2009-12-15, 01:25 PM
I'm going to do some soul searching, and hopefully find a way to reverse this. I am a vain man, after all. Dr. Beit winks at Reinholdt, the winks away.

Reinholdt
2009-12-15, 01:29 PM
"B-" *wink away* "-ye..."

Huh.

Reinholdt sits and thinks for a minute before grabbing the plates and stuff and working to clean them off."