PDA

View Full Version : Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master! We Willna Be Fooled Again! [3.5 Race]

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 12:53 PM
Nac Mac Feegle

The Nac Mac Feegle are small blue creatures, about six inches high. Their skins appear blue due to the woad that they apply. Nac Mac Feegle are tough, strong, and liable to steal anything not nailed down, including nails. They are partial to alcohol of any sort, and if you leave out milk for them then they will break into your liquor cabinet.

Game Rule Information

+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma, -2 Intelligence.
Nac Mac Feegle are Fey
Diminutive: As Diminutive creatures, Nac Mac Feegle gain a +4 size bonus to Armor Class, a +4 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +16 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are half of those of a Medium character.
Nac Mac Feegle base land speed is 40 feet.
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnomish, Sylvan.
Headbutt: Nac Mac Feegles automatically gain the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, but may only use it with headbutts. They gain a +4 racial bonus to hit and damage while headbutting.
Crawstep (Ex): Nac Mac Feegles have the ability to step to other planes of existance. This functions as the plane shift spell, but may only affect Feegles and an amount of equipment per Feegle not greater than the amount that they could carry without their Feisty ability. They may use this ability three times per day. If asked how they do it, they will inform you that "it's all in the ankle, ye ken."
Alcoholic: Whenever a Nac Mac Feegle sees any alcoholic beverage, they must make a Will save of DC 20 or immediately attempt to drink it all for the next 1d6 rounds. While within a pub or other establishment which exists largely to serve alcohol, they are unable to leave by any means until there is no alcohol or no establishment remaining.
Feisty: Nac Mac Feegle are treated as Medium creatures whenever it would benefit them.
Nac Mac Feegle gain a racial +4 bonus to Will saves.
Nac Mac Feegle gain a racial +4 bonus to Intimidate.
Favored Class: Barbarian.
Level Adjustment: +3

golentan
2009-12-09, 01:24 PM
Cool beans. A couple points though: 2 inches is in the range of Diminutive, I believe. Second, the strength bonus means that dedicated warriors will be dealing 8 damage at 1st level, sans power attack. That combined with the Size and Speed makes these better warriors than any core (they can armor themselves up and be untouchable, and get a sparrow or something for mounted charges...), and I would totally take them for a barbarian or fighter build any day, especially for a mere +1 LA.

Zeta Kai
2009-12-09, 01:25 PM
What are they? Fey, I presume. Their type is kinda important.

Also, I'm not seeing too much special here. Is there more to come? Do they get any cool abilities? Unique qualities? Racial feats? Prestige classes? Anything to make me wanna play as one? Huh?

Edit: This race is getting better. Keep it up.

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 01:28 PM
Racial feats are likely to come, yes. What is meant to make you want to play as one is, very simply, the fact that you are 2 inches high and stab stuff better than the average human, which is cool.

Jayabalard
2009-12-09, 03:03 PM
They're Pictsies, so that should be included in their Languages

They're 6 inches tall.

They need a headbutt based racial attack.

Racial Ability: the crawstep, that is: stepping into other dimensions, including ones that exist only in a person's imagination (it's "all in the ankle, ye ken").

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 03:17 PM
I don't remember there being a Pictsie language per se. I have added in your other input as well.

Out of interest, does anyone know the form of racial substitution levels?

Eurus
2009-12-09, 03:34 PM
You know, I've always wanted to play a Nac Mac Feegle. You should allow them to ignore size penalties to grappling. :smallbiggrin:

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 03:38 PM
I went one better. They now ignore size penalties to everything.

Eldan
2009-12-09, 03:41 PM
They should definitely ignore size modifiers to grapple, they can grapple large creatures (cows) after all.

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 03:44 PM
Not alone. You never see less than four Feegles carry a Large animal, and four Medium creatures can grapple a Large one easily enough (I think).

Eurus
2009-12-09, 03:56 PM
Cool, so now they also ignore size penalties to carrying capacity? Now I totally want to play one even more.

Fortuna
2009-12-09, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I might try one out in my RL group if I ever get a chance to play. What format would I use for a racial substitution level? Anyone?

Zeta Kai
2009-12-09, 08:55 PM
This race is getting better. Keep it up.

Fortuna
2009-12-10, 12:58 AM
Thanks alot. When I get the format, I will post racial substitution levels for barbarian and bard, as well as others if inspiration strikes.

EDIT: Here is the Feegle Bard.

{table=head]Level||Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Mousepipes, bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1|As standard bard[/table]

Mousepipes (Ex): A Feegle bard is able to use the instrument known as the mousepipes. These pipes cover a fantastic range of sound, going both higher and lower than the human ear can hear. When using the mousepipes, which are a Fine item which all Feegle bards start with for free (costing 100 gp to properly replace), a Feegle bard's bardic music ability may be performed sub- or super-sonically, having the normal effects but being inaudiable. However, whenever using a bardic music effect while using the mousepipes in this manner, the ability affects all creatures within 60 feet.

TabletopNuke
2009-12-10, 10:02 PM
Yes. We all needed this.

But what's that I see? A fey without the ability to learn Sylvan? They should have a racial bonus to Intimidate, being such belligerent little creatures. I believe the Wee Free Men were also quite strong willed. As +3 LA creatures with Barbarian as a favored class, they would have a -2 Will save as 4th level characters. Perhaps they have a racial bonus to Will saves? You also need to come up with a magic weapon special ability that causes it to glow in the presence of lawyers.

Fortuna
2009-12-10, 10:23 PM
Put those in. As to the lawyer detection:

Lawyerbane
A weapon with this property glows blue whenever any humanoid with any ranks in Profession (Lawyer) is within 60 feet. It gains +2 to hit and damage against any creature with ranks in Profession (Lawyer).
+1 equivalent.

DracoDei
2009-12-10, 10:34 PM
I assume the Planar travel ability allows them to take their equipment, but not any living creatures(except familiars and such)? You need to specify that. As it is, they are arriving naked... of course, knowing Pratchett, that would be just the sort of thing he would throw in.

Also, I THINK you could bump up the damage bonus, and maybe even the to-hit bonus to +2 for the lawyer-bane enchantment without imbalancing it.

Fortuna
2009-12-10, 11:07 PM
Alright, I have edited all that in.

Temotei
2009-12-10, 11:31 PM
Does the feisty ability affect weapon damage too?

Fortuna
2009-12-10, 11:45 PM
Definitely.

Temotei
2009-12-10, 11:49 PM
Definitely.

Sweet. :smallamused:

Kallisti
2009-12-11, 12:52 AM
I love it.

You even remembered the alcoholism. I think maybe Crawstep should have an exception, though--a Feegle cannot crawstep out of a tavern, bar, pub, or other establishment that exists largely to serve alcohol. After all, they can get into or out of anywhere. Except pubs, of course. Getting into pubs is easy. Getting out presents a wee bit more trouble.

I take it that Feegle bards are going to get racial feats/more substitution levels, though? After all, the gonnagles are famous for using music to make bigjobs' ears explode, not for playing pretty tunes that enchant the ear and inspire the heart.

Rockphed
2009-12-11, 01:26 AM
I love it.

You even remembered the alcoholism. I think maybe Crawstep should have an exception, though--a Feegle cannot crawstep out of a tavern, bar, pub, or other establishment that exists largely to serve alcohol. After all, they can get into or out of anywhere. Except pubs, of course. Getting into pubs is easy. Getting out presents a wee bit more trouble.

Getting out simply requires that the pub no longer be a pub. Whether this is because it explodes, falls apart from the fighting, or no longer has a stock of alcohol to be drunk by a small horde of small, blue, berzerkers does not matter.

Kallisti
2009-12-11, 01:38 AM
Getting out simply requires that the pub no longer be a pub. Whether this is because it explodes, falls apart from the fighting, or no longer has a stock of alcohol to be drunk by a small horde of small, blue, berzerkers does not matter.

True, but they can't just poof out until then. They can't really walk out, either, but that may have more to do with the tipsiness.

Fortuna
2009-12-11, 03:28 AM
Alcoholism now has an extra clause added. I will add to the Feegle bards as soon as I get inspiration or help for mechanics.

Debihuman
2009-12-11, 01:02 PM
Well, this was how I envisioned the Nac Mac Feegle:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4286274&postcount=8

Debby

sigurd
2009-12-11, 03:23 PM
1. Remember that all Feegles encountered will likely be male.

2. I don't think you can call their lifting farm animals any sort of grapple. I think the conceit and humor of the book is that the stupid sheep and cows are simply floating across the field with a feegle under each foot. Its a lot like lifting a 4 poster bed.

I like this, keep it up.

Sigurd

Fortuna
2009-12-11, 03:54 PM
1. True. Not much point in mentioning that, but I could if you like.
2. What can you call it, then?

DracoDei
2009-12-11, 04:54 PM
Just a very high carrying capacity for their size (which you may have already included enough of).... plus ranks in "Handle Animal" maybe, but any race can get that... don't know if it quite goes to the level of giving them Animal Empathy as a racial ability...

Fortuna
2009-12-11, 04:59 PM
Fair enough then.