PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder Prestige Class - P.E.A.C.H.] Corrupted Slayer of Fiends

Narmy
2009-12-09, 06:06 PM
I've gone and made a prestige class inspired by the tiefling.
Please post your opinions and gave it a rating. It should be a finished product now hopefully.

Created By Eyolf Illendria, much thanks to Dimitri Fate, with help from the people like Noodles2375, DracoDei, and reddevil at Giant in The Playground. Inspired by XIII

Corrupted Slayer of Fiends - Prestige Class

Throughout the realms fiendish creatures have spread their seed amongst other species on many an occasion. It is no secret that many beings through out the realms dislike these fiends, but it is even more seldom that one of their own spawn holds this outlook. Especially to such the degree of those that become the Slayer of those Fiends. Taking their lives into their own hands and using what potent natural abilities they have to fulfill their purpose. The Corrupted Slayer of Fiends is a being that has his/her heritage tainted by a Fiendish bloodline. Using their enduring mental prowess they bend the energies of their heritage and manipulate it. Using it as a weapon to destroy those that cursed them. Although frowned upon and deemed evil by most who take sight or hear of a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends. They are not evil at heart. In fact, some may not even believe that the energies they wield are inherently evil, but rather have been used for an evil purpose by true Demons, and Devils for ages untold. The goal of a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends is one fold, to slay all those that they see as evil, specifically Demons, or Devils.

Role: Capable of easily locating, and standing strong against the most intimidating of fiends. The Corrupted Slayer of Fiends can even inspire fear in the minds of those that oppose his/her path. They are more resistant and effective when battling Devils, and Demons than other heroes. The strongest Slayers even have the ability to bind their opponents to the plane they inhabit, preventing their prey from escaping and making it that much easier to slay.

Alignment: Corrupted Slayer of Fiends can be of any non-evil alignment, though they tend to be more chaotic in nature. The usual alignment being Chaotic Good. If at any time a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends turns evil, they can no longer advance as a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends. They do however, keep all abilities previously learned from levels of Corrupted Slayer of Fiends.

Hitdice: d10

Requirements
To qualify to become a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Must have Devil, or Demon heritage.

Alignment: Any non-evil

Base Will Save: +5

Skills: Knowledge (Planes) 5 ranks.

Feats: Iron Will, Improved Iron Will

Special: On top of swearing an oath to oneself to hunt out and destroy evil wherever it is, specifically those of Demonic, or Devilish taint. You must spend one full day meditating, channeling the energies of your fiendish heritage and bending them to your will. If you fail to bend the energies to your will you run the risk of them bending you to their own desires.

You must spend 24 hours meditating, making a total of 4 DC 10 will saves. If you fail 3 of these saves your alignment shifts to the following (Demonic Heritage: Chaotic Evil, Devilish Heritage: Lawful Evil)

Class Skills Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, Knowledge (Planes), Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Survival, Jump
Skill Ranks: 4 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special
1 | +1 | +0 | +0 | +2 | Foe of Fiends +2, Inherited Aura, Inherited Aspect I, Face your Fears +4
2 | +2 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Detect Fiends, Telepathy
3 | +3 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Fiendish Strike Once/Day, Face your Fears +8
4 | +4 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Flesh of The Bloodline I
5 | +5 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Face your Fears +12, Foe of Fiends +4
6 | +6 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Inherited Aspect II, Fiendish Strike Twice/Day,
7| +7 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Flesh of The Bloodline II, Fiendish Binding I, Face your Fears +16
8 | +8 | +2 | +2 | +6 | Fiendish Binding II
9 | +9 | +3 | +3 | +6 | Fiendish Strike Thrice/Day, Fiendish Binding III, Face your Fears +20
10 | +10 | +3 | +3 | +7 | Foe of Fiends +6, Flesh of The Bloodline III, Fiendish Binding IV[/table]

Class Features
The following are class features of the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Corrupted Slayer of Fiends is proficient with his/her natural claw attacks, and with light armors, but not shields.

Inherited Aura (Su): Unfortunately due to the manifestation of the (gifts/curses) that you possess. You radiate an aura of fiendish energy which may confuse those attempting to discern your alignment. This functions as an Aura of Evil.

Detect Fiends (Sp): You gain the ability to detect at will all Demons or Devils within a 60 ft. radius of you. Upon reaching level 5 in this Prestige Class this ability becomes a constant effect. At level 10 the distance increases to 120 ft.

Foe of Fiends (Ex): You have honed your knowledge and combative abilities on countering Devils, and Demons. You gain a +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against these creatures. You also get a +2 bonus on all attack and damage rolls. You can make untrained knowledge checks to identify and learn of these creatures.

The bonuses increase to +4 Upon reaching level 5. At 10th level these bonuses increase to +6

Inherited Aspect I and II(Ex):
Your nails grow and lengthen to form claws, You gain a claw attack of 1d4 damage, if you already have claws this damage increases by one step. The damage listed is for a medium creature.

Upon reaching level 2 you gain more control over your fiendish powers and can withdraw/grow your claws at will as a swift action.

Upon reaching level 6 your claw damage increases by one damage step and are now treated as magic weapons for purpose of bypassing damage reduction. You also gain the ability to sprout/withdraw leathery wings at will as a standard action. You gain a fly speed equal to your main base movement speed, your maneuverability rating is good. If you already have wings the fly speed increases by 10 ft.

Telepathy (Su):You gain the ability to communicate with others telepathically by projecting to them emotions or images. You can use this ability within 40 ft. Upon reaching level 5 the range at which you can communicate increases to 80 ft., At level 8 you can communicate with words, and the range at which you can communicate increases to 120 ft.

Flesh of The Bloodline I, II, and III(Ex):
Your body begins to take on an appearance and construction that is only comparable to your parentage.

Upon gaining Flesh of the Bloodline, you are capable of selecting one of the following packages. You must meditate for a period of 24 hours before your body reforms itself to take on the characteristics desired. All of the effects stack with any abilities you already have, and with themselves. This means that you can select the same choice more than once. You get one choice at levels 4, 7, and 10. Once a choice is made and the transformation complete it is permanent and cannot be altered.

Elemental and Environmental Resistances.
You gain resistance against Fire, Cold, Acid, and Electricity of 10. You also gain a +4 Resistance Bonus vs Poisons and Diseases.

Brute
Your claw damage increases by one category, you gain a Natural Armor bonus of +1, and you are granted Damage Reduction 2/Good

Anti-Magic
You Gain Spell Resistance equal to your level. Upon taking this a second time this increases to SR equal to your level plus 5. If taken a third time it increases to level plus 10.

Face your Fears (Ex):
By constantly facing that which most beings fear the most. You have become more resistant to fear affects, almost immune to them.
At level 1 you gain a +4 Resistance bonus to fear effects. This bonus increases to; +8 at level 3, +12 at level 5, +16 at level 7, and +20 at level 9.

Fiendish Smite (Su):
Starting at level 3, once per day, a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends can focus fiendish energies into her/his attacks. As a swift action, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends chooses one target within sight to smite. This grants the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends an attack and damage bonus equal to her/his Charisma modifier (if any). In addition to the damage granted by the Charisma modifier, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends is granted a damage bonus equal to her/his Corrupted Slayer of Fiends character level. Regardless of the target, Fiendish Smite attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while Fiendish Smite is in effect, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her/his AC against attacks made by the target of the smite.

The Fiendish Smite effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends rests and regains her/his uses of this ability. Upon reaching level 6 this ability can be used twice a day. At level 9 it can be used three times a day.

Fiendish Binding I, II, III, and IV(Sp):
Upon reaching level 7 you are capable of binding Devils, and Demons to the plane which you currently inhabit by channeling your own fiendish energies. This ability functions like Dimensional Lock except for the following differences.

This ability emanates from you. It only affect Devils, and Demons. It can be turned off at will by using an immediate action. In order to activate the ability you must use a full round action. This ability can be used any number of times per day. The radius of the Fiendish Binding is 30 ft.

At level 8 this ability can be activated as a standard action, and the radius increases to 60 ft. At 9th level this ability can be activated as a swift action and the radius increases to 90 ft. At 10th level the ability can be activated as an Immediate action.

Comments please.

Changes

Complete Revamp and Upgrade of the Class. Should be a finished Product now hopefully. I would appreciate ratings on this.

Fixed Spelling Errors.

Increased the requirements. (Now need 5 ranks instead of 3 for the skill req).

Changed Anti-Magic to grant SR equal to character level when first taken, and CL +5, CL +10 when taken for the second , and third times.

Increased the bonuses to Foe of Fiends at level 10. Now reaches up to +6, also updated the table to represent this.

Fixed the description of Planar Binding.

Upgraded Elemental resistances 5->7

Updated the description of Flesh of The Bloodline.

Changed the name of Planar Binding to Fiendish Binding, so as not to get it confused with the spell.

Narmy
2009-12-09, 07:27 PM
It seems as if a few people have taken a look at this, but no responses. I'd appreciate any comments. I'm new to the forums and trying to figure out how to use tables ><

DracoDei
2009-12-09, 10:27 PM
Very good idea, and I can't really think about balance right now. I am just going to say some ways I think it could be improved, without worrying about how good it is to begin with.

Traditionally PrCs have requirements that prevent them from being entered until at least character level 5 (so level 6 is the first in the PrC). On the other hand, I am a big fan of ignoring such general rules.

"Fly" is not a skill that I know of...

BAB is a single number at each level for PrCs, because you never know for SURE when the character entered the class, so you can't really be sure when they will get the extra attacks, so you just give the contribution to the BAB. (If that makes sense?)

"Detect The Blood Foe" is vague... does it detect other teiflings only? Demons? Devils? Half-fiends? Or only ones who share a common fiendish ancestry with you (unlikely, but a plausible interpretation).

"Inherited Weaponry" As someone trying to defend his home-plane against others like himself, I would CONSIDER making the claws a minor at-will transformation with permanent or instantaneous duration. This keeps from increasing the alienation faction, and despite Comic-book super-hero angst, that seems the right direction to take it to me...

"Flesh of The Bloodline" I would use I, II, III instead of +1, +2, +3... in fact DEFINITELY don't use what you actually used to denote the various levels. The mechanical benefits are quite reasonable (in fact, most people would consider them very low-power).

"Face your Fears" I am a big fan of not having bonuses take large jumps up after remaining static for multiple levels, although I don't mind an initial step up when an ability is first gained (IE not all bonuses have to start at +1 or half of what they will be at the next level or whatever)....
Thus the way I would do it would be as follows:
Level|Bonus
1-2|+0
3|+4
4|+6
5|+8
6|+12
7|+16
8+|+20

I don't think using the table I gave is a good idea, just the numerical values in it.

"Bloodline Aura" Clumsy/contradictory wording. Seems like a drawback rather than a benefit, and as such seems a bit iffy since the class is overall looking somewhat underpowered.

Narmy
2009-12-09, 10:56 PM
The original idea that I acquired for the fear stuff was from another DnD PrC

Which had it go from like +4 to Immune.

I said screw immunity, as I'm really not into immunity from fear and decided to scale it down to 20.

I like your idea however

As for the claws being retractable. I suppose so.

Fly is a pathfinder skill.

Narmy
2009-12-10, 02:56 AM
I'm really curious as to what people will think of the changes that I've made. You really have to read the descriptions of the abilities to see how everything runs.

I was thinking of changing the requirements.

First off I was thinking of removing the Tiefling requirement and replacing it with.

Must have Demonic or Devil blood, or perhaps for better wording Abyssal or Infernal Parentage.

Perhaps even Must be part Devil or Demon.

I was also thinking of adding in a series of will saves required to be able to actually manifest and control your fiendish powers as part of the requirement. If you fail these will saves you'd perhaps have a chance of having an alignment shift.

Now I just need people to look at my PrC and give me their opinions, but it seems like no one is into doing so. ><

reddevil
2009-12-10, 09:39 PM
Why not make the Fiendish Strike ability work more like the smite evil ability, so it will add to attack and damage. also make it at 3rd lvl Fiendish Strike 1/day at 6th 2/day and a 9th 3/day. instead of putting 1/3 of your class lvl.

also maybe spacing the face your fears ability out more so there not all gained right in the middle of the class.

plus lvl 8 and 9 seem blank, we should fill that in with something. The aura does weaken the class so something needs to makeup for that loss.

The Tygre
2009-12-10, 10:30 PM
plus lvl 8 and 9 seem blank, we should fill that in with something. The aura does weaken the class so something needs to makeup for that loss.

Yeah, trust me, nothing brings a class down like dead levels.

DracoDei
2009-12-10, 10:39 PM
Or cut them out all together, and make it a 8 level prestige class?

Narmy
2009-12-10, 10:40 PM
Actually, it's not a dead level, you're just not reading the information. However, I shall place what is actually there.

The Abilities all upgrade as you level, I just don't want to clutter the slots with all the upgrades listed, and so I put the information where it belongs. In the description category.

I also updated Fiendish Strike as Suggested, and just filled in the list a bit more, so it looks less. "Empty"

Just added weapons and armor proficiencies.

Narmy
2009-12-11, 02:25 AM
I think that it's now a finished product, I ended up getting some help from a friend of mine. As you may notice, I did some changes to Planar Binding, and Flesh of the Bloodline.

Flesh of the Bloodline revamp was my friends idea, I favor customization as well. So it seemed natural, and gives it a personal touch as well. Even though it's created by me, but yeah, that's aside from the point.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like ratings of 1-5 or 1-10.

Noodles2375
2009-12-12, 03:28 PM
"
You gain resistance against Fire, Cold, Acid, and Electricity of 5. You also gain a +4 Resistance Bonus vs Poisons and Diseases.

Brute
Your claw damage increases by one category, you gain a Natural Armor bonus of +1, and you are granted Damage Reduction 2/Good

Anti-Magic
You Gain Spell Resistance Resistance equal to half your character level.
"

SR equal to half your character level is almost completely worthless. The caster level check to overcome spell resistance is 1d20 + caster level, so any caster of 10th level or higher will automatically bypass a level 20 Corrupted Slayer of Fiends' SR. In general, SR of level + 10 gives you approximately 50% chance to resist spells cast by enemies of a comparable level.

The elemental resistances are nice at first, but I think I would scrap the brute and anti-magic parts to make the elemental resistances scale better. So try this:

--------------------
Flesh of The Bloodline I, II, and III
You gain resistance against Fire, Cold, Acid, and Electricity of 10. You also gain a +2 Resistance Bonus vs Poisons and Diseases.

At II, and then again at III these bonuses improve by 5 for the resistance and +2 for the poison and disease.
--------------------

Ends up giving them Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity Resistance of 20 and a +6 bonus to saves vs. poison and disease. I think that is probably more useful.

Narmy
2009-12-12, 03:45 PM
I'll update the Spell Resistance, but also, the entire point of it is that you get to customize your class to your desires. Becoming more efficient at one thing or more. I dunno, maybe you're right. I'll figure it out eventually.

Will fix the SR.

The SR was changed to 15 now, it now represented a better outcome.

If you take it thrice, you'd have an SR of 45. >.> Pretty darn good IMO.

Noodles2375
2009-12-12, 03:55 PM
Ok. If that is the longterm goal, that is fine. But what I would do here is to treat that set of abilities like the ranger's weapon tree. They have three choices when the ability first arrives and then as the tier 2 and tier 3 come they increase the power of that initial choice.

So for the antimagic
Tier 1 - SR = lvl
Tier 2 - = lvl + 5
Tier 3 - = lvl + 10

So the first ability will let you resist most low level casters, then as it develops the SR will become a thorn in the backside of higher level enemies.

For the Brute:
Have the DR improve by two points per tier. So you end up with the +1 NA and DR 6/good.

Keep the resistance tree the way I mentioned it.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is that the SR is much more useful in general than the other two packages.

That gives you customizability along with abilities that stay relevant as your character levels up.

Narmy
2009-12-12, 03:59 PM
What do you mean the ranger's weapons tree.. Now you've lost me.

Question, do you have msn messenger, if possible, I'd like to speak to you in real time.

It sounds like to me that you are suggesting that I have all three abilities be given to them as they hit the tiers, and to just change them.

I'm rather confused.

Narmy
2009-12-12, 04:13 PM
I think maybe you're confused.

Upon getting Flesh of the Bloodline the first time around. I get a choice.

I'm gonna take the Brute for my first choice in this example.

My claw damage has now just increased from 1d6 -> 1d8. I now have a natural armor bonus of +1, which is pretty cool, and allows me to take some feats I couldn't previously. I now also have a DR 2/Good (Pretty Neat.)

Now I'm on the second choice.

I'm going to take Brute again.

My claws just increased from a 1d8 -> 2d6 (Damn Sweet). My Natural Armor bonus is now +2, and I have DR 4/Good.

Now my third choice rolls around.

Well, I like my brute already, but I think that I need some higher resistances. Seeing as I'm a Tiefling, I already have some natural resistances.

So I'll take the Elemental and Environmental Resistances.

I now have in total.

A 2D6 Claw Attack (Two Claws) I have DR 4/Good, and a +2 Natural Armor Bonus, with 10 Fire, Cold, and Electrical Resistance. 5 Acid Resistance, and a +4 Bonus vs Poison, and Disease effects.

Perhaps this isn't all that powerful, but I'd be willing to tweak around the system to find a balance, increasing or decreasing the benefits as need be. I do not want to alter the choice system though.

However, if it would be more balance beneficial and such. I suppose that I could regress to a static advancement in all three as you hit each tier.

But first I really need to be able to understand what the heck you're saying. As when you said a rangers weapon style or whatever, you just lost me completely.. Because rangers have nothing like the Flesh of the Bloodline ability in Pathfinder, OR 3.5 to my knowledge. The only thing comparable to a hunter on this PrC, would be the Foe of Fiends (Favored Enemy).

Noodles2375
2009-12-12, 04:16 PM
I think part of the problem is that I maybe misread how you wanted the Flesh of the Bloodline stuff to work. The way it looks like you want it to work is that the character will get three choices (one each at 4,7,10) that he can mix and match across the Brute, Antimagic, and Elemental resistances abilities.

I thought that the player could only take each ability once:smallredface:

The only problem I think that leaves people with is that mixing from among the abilities is probably significantly less powerful than specializing in one of them. I was suggesting that the player have to make a choice at 4th level (like the ranger does at 2nd with his combat style) between the abilities you have for Flesh of the Bloodline. Instead of mixing and matching, he gets one choice which then improves as he hits 7th and 10th level. I think this is a better way to do it since if you mix and match from among the given abilities you get much less benefit than if you stay in one of them.

So for example:
Joe picks elemental resistance at 4th level. At 4th level he has resistance of 5 vs. Fire/Cold/Elec/Acid and +2 on poison/disease saves. At 7th and 10th these improve to resistance 10/ +4 and resistance 15/+6.

Jim picks antimagic at fourth level. He gains SR equal to his character level. At level 7 this improves to SR = lvl + 5, at levle 10 this improves to SR = lvl + 10.

Jamie picks Brute at 4th level and gain a size category increase to his claws, DR 2/good, and +1 NA. At 7th level his DR improves to 4/good and at 10th level it improves to 6/good (and he is conveniently basically invincible to groups of imps or dretches!)

The way your abilities work now, player Jake could do something like this:
Jake picks Brute at 4, Antimagic at 7, and resistances at 10.
He has resistance of 5 vs. most elements (totally useless at his ECL)
+2 saves vs. poison and disease
SR 15 (completely useless at his ECL)
DR 2/good (okbut not terribly relevant unless he is being swarmed, not even particularly good in that case)
+1 NA
Larger claws.

Basically, I think the player shouldn't get the ability to mix and match because it seems incredibly underpowered vs. focusing on one area. Have them make a choice at 4th level then stick with it.

Edit: Reading the post you made just before mine confirms that I misread. :smallsmile:

Narmy
2009-12-12, 04:20 PM
Is that not the point of a jack of all trades and specialists.

That the specialists are better, more proficient in their chosen fields.
Where as the Jack of All Trades only dabbles and is good enough to get some of the job done?

That was my desire for the ability, that they can choose to either specialize in taking down certain foes or fighting styles. Or they could mix up with all three or perhaps just two and become less focused on one, but a bit for all.

I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the benefits from them so that perhaps it's less of a weakling. If that's what you believe.

However, if it's balance breaking then, yeah ><

The way you worded it seemed a bit weird, I believe that you know how the ability works, but in the case that you do not. As it seems like your wording means you do know, but at the same time, possibilities maybe.

You don't actually gain a size category, just your weapons damage increases as if you had. Probably pointless putting this in as you most likely understood from the reading.

I'll go and try to fix the description so that misinterpretation doesn't take place. I apologize for the mix up.

Noodles2375
2009-12-12, 04:28 PM
I'm still concerned about the antimagic ability.

If someone decides to specialize in that one, they end up with SR 45 at ECL 16 (potentially, I think they only need to be 6th level to get into this class). This will make them 95% or better magic resistant. I think that ability is not inline with the power level of specializing in either of the other two.

I would give them SR = character level the first time they take antimagic. If they choose to take it additional times, they gain a +5 bonus to their SR each time. So a specialist in anti-magic ends up with SR 26 at ECl 16, which peaks at SR 30 at ECL 20. This is still quite powerful (about 50% magic resistant) but does not dwarf the utility of the other abilities.

Narmy
2009-12-12, 04:30 PM
Actually, I had already added the change the first time you mentioned it to the SR.

I just haven't updated the change long.

Aside from that I did the math myself, for the 50%, and I agree with you, this seems a much better fix than what I previously had, thank you.

I'm gonna add your name to credits.

As to why I mentioned that math >.> I fail at math, so I'm proud that I got such a simple thing, lol.

Perhaps I could alter the elemental resistances to increase by 7, instead of 5.

Noodles2375
2009-12-12, 04:36 PM
Haha well glad that we were able to clear up that misunderstanding.

The one last thing I wanted to mention was about the fiendish binding ability. I think you meant "Dimensional Lock" as opposed to "Dimensional Anchor" only because dimensional anchor doesn't have a radius of effect but rather affects only one creature that you hit with a ray.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionalLock.htm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionalAnchor.htm

I'll post the SRD links to them just so you can check and be sure if you'd like. I really like the flavor of dimensional lock though :smallbiggrin:

Narmy
2009-12-12, 04:38 PM
I was unaware such a spell existed, my apologies, I'll go and fix that up.

DracoDei
2009-12-13, 11:49 PM
HE means that rangers get either two weapon fighting or archery, and depending on which they pick, they get different abilities as the progress up the class.

absolmorph
2009-12-14, 02:56 AM
I'm glad you managed to find some good critique here.
I noticed a few places where the wording is a bit odd:
Fiendish Smite (Su):
Starting at level 3, once per day, a Corrupted Slayer of Fiends can focus fiendish energies into her/his attacks. As a swift action, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends chooses one target within sight to smite. This grants the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends an attack and damage bonus equal to her/his Charisma modifier (if any). In addition to the damage granted by the Charisma modifier, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends is granted a damage bonus equal to her/his Corrupted Slayer of Fiends character level. Regardless of the target, Fiendish Smite attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while Fiendish Smite is in effect, the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her/his AC against attacks made by the target of the smite.

The Fiendish Smite effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the Corrupted Slayer of Fiends rests and regains her/his uses of this ability. Upon reaching level 6 this ability can be used twice a day. At level 9 it can be used three times a day.
One, does he strike any enemy in sight with a weapon? Basically, a really-long-range attack? Or can he activate it on any enemy within sight and then take advantage of it when attacking?
Two, I think you meant the damage bonus to be their class level, rather than character level.
Face your Fears (Ex):
By constantly facing that which most beings fear the most. You have become more resistant to fear affects, almost immune to them.
At level 1 you gain a +4 Resistance bonus to fear effects. This bonus increases to; +8 at level 3, +12 at level 5, +16 at level 7, and +20 at level 9.
A minor grammatical error in the fluff here; it should be closer to "By constantly facing that which most beings fear the most, you have become more resistant to fear effects; in fact, you're almost immune to them."

I'm unfamiliar with Pathfinder (and not very good at balancing), so I'm afraid I can't help much on that. But I can help make the wording clearer!

Narmy
2009-12-14, 09:22 AM
Fixed and thanks. Lysander, I already cleared that up, and that was the obvious thing I was thinking about, but he wasn't relating it well to me at first, that or I was interpreting it well at first and so wasn't sure if he meant that.

Anyway, this class should be complete.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-21, 08:13 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get a look at it. I don't see any problems with it. Maybe mention that Foe of Fiends is considered the same as Favored Enemy as far as prerequisites and such are concerned?