PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Feats!

Lysander
2009-12-09, 06:21 PM
Let's think up some ridiculous but good feats. They can be silly, over the top, or scientifically implausible, but they must be useful and balanced.

For example:

Blade Copter
Prerequisite: Dex 12, Str 12

When dual wielding any kind of slashing sword you can twirl them above your head quickly enough to generate lift. You may perform this trick as an immediate action while falling to treat your fall as 10-ft less than it actually is, or while jumping to negate the DC increase for jumping without a running start

Surrealistik
2009-12-09, 06:33 PM
I want to see a version of that which actually allows you to fly and hover in place.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 06:42 PM
Ground Pound [Fighter]
You can smash the ground so hard it leaves a crater large enough for you to walk through comfortably.
Prerequisites: Str 17, Power Attack
Benefits: You may use Power Attack against the ground to create a crater the size of your body + 5 feet by 5 feet. The force required, however, often puts you off balance. When you use this feat, roll d%. If the result is equal to or lower than 10, you put yourself off balance when swinging, still creating a crater, only you fall into it right away. If charging while using this feat, you can create a crater twice the size of your normal crater, but you also have an additional 10% chance of falling in right away.
Special: A fighter may select Ground Pound as one of their fighter bonus feats.
This feat only applies to weapons that deal bludgeoning damage (including those that deal multiple types of damage).

Mongoose87
2009-12-09, 06:49 PM
You should get a bonus to it, if you have a pony tail big enough to pick up a barrel with.

Xefas
2009-12-09, 06:50 PM
Twin Blade Prowess [Tactical]
Prerequisite: One 3rd level or higher maneuver from the Iron Heart or Tiger Claw discipline, Balance 8 ranks
Benefit: The Twin Blade Prowess feat enables the use of three tactical abilities. You must be wielding two slashing weapons that are one-handed (for you) to make use of them.

Blade Copter: As an immediate action while falling, you may spin your blades above your head and begin to glide, negating all falling damage and allowing you 20ft of horizontal movement for each 5ft fallen.

If you have 11 ranks in Balance, you may also fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to your constitution modifier.

If you have 14 ranks in Balance, you may fly with perfect maneuverability with this ability.

While using this ability, you may not attack with your two held slashing weapons, unless you have 17 ranks in Balance.

Blade Ski: During a charge while in contact with the ground, you may use your downward-pointed blades to redirect yourself, allowing a single turn of up to 90 degrees during your movement.

Blade Fan: As a standard action, you may spin your blades like a fan in front of you, creating an effect identical to a non-magical Gust of Wind. The range for a medium creature is 30ft, but doubles for each size category the user has above medium, and halves for each size category the user has below medium.

After using this ability, you are fatigued for 1 round unless your constitution modifier is 3 or higher.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 06:58 PM
That blade copter ability in the post above is way better than the roofwalker version of reducing falling damage. Way better.

Xefas
2009-12-09, 07:07 PM
That blade copter ability in the post above is way better than the roofwalker version of reducing falling damage. Way better.

Well, I dunno if Roofwalker should necessarily be the point to which it is balanced. Personally, I'd never take Roofwalker, because its weak, situational, and doesn't scale. Definitely not worth a resource I only get seven of.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 07:09 PM
Well, I dunno if Roofwalker should necessarily be the point to which it is balanced. Personally, I'd never take Roofwalker, because its weak, situational, and doesn't scale. Definitely not worth a resource I only get seven of.

I wasn't complaining. :smallwink: Also, I noticed that you and Mongoose posted before my edit. There's a feat in my above post, in case you didn't see. Hehe. :smallsmile:

erikun
2009-12-09, 07:11 PM
This thread is for you. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76770)

Elfin
2009-12-09, 07:13 PM
Ka-Pow!

Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Strength 13
Benefit: The Ka-Pow feat allows the use of three tactical abilities. To use them, you must, while fighting unarmed, hit a foe and reduce him to 0 hitpoints or lower.

I See Stars... So hard do you hit your opponent that stars burst from your fist and swirl around his head, rendering him powerless to take any actions (even with the use of Endurance or similar abilities) until he is brought up to 1 hitpoint.

Nice Birdies... The force of your fists is uncanny; as your foe crumples, 1d6 doves appear and spin about her head. These doves have 1 hitpoint each, AC 10, attack with a -2 to hit, and deal 1d4-3 damage. They will obey your commands for 1 round, after which they disappear.

BAM! As you punch your opponent, great, colorful onomatopoeias 24 inches high spring into being. You can choose any color for these, and choose whether they say "Bam!", "Ka-boom!", "Smash!", or "Crash!". Otherwise, these have no practical uses; they are instantaneous effects.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 07:17 PM
I See Stars... So hard do you hit your opponent that stars burst from your fist and swirl around his head, rendering him powerless to take any actions (even with the use of Endurance or similar abilities) until he is brought up to 1 hitpoint.

Whoo! How old are the stars? Like what stage are they in? Are they going to explode if you use this ability enough to age the stars? :smallbiggrin:

Elfin
2009-12-09, 07:22 PM
I think it's reasonable that if a single person uses this feat and makes it last some tens of billions of years, then yes, everything on the planet takes 100000d6 points of damage.
But that still wouldn't take care of Pun-Pun...

Xefas
2009-12-09, 07:39 PM
I wasn't complaining. :smallwink: Also, I noticed that you and Mongoose posted before my edit. There's a feat in my above post, in case you didn't see. Hehe. :smallsmile:

:smallredface: mmmk...well, ahem. Have another feat.

Limb Rending Dragon Style
Prerequisites: At least one maneuver from the Stone Dragon Discipline, and at least one of Rage, Frenzy, or Shifting
Benefit: Limbs you sever from an enemy during an encounter are treated as light weapons that you are automatically proficient with that deal 2d6 + 1.5x your strength modifier bludgeoning damage, ignore damage reduction as if they were magical and of the type of damage that would bypass the damage reduction of the creature the limb belonged to (if any), and may be used as two-handed weapons for the purposes of Power Attack, for the remainder of the encounter.

You gain a +1 bonus to hit and damage for every 2 initiator levels with severed limbs gained in the current encounter.

Successful critical hits dealt with Stone Dragon maneuvers of 3rd level or higher have a chance of severing a limb. The foe must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your initiator level + your highest ability modifier) or lose an arm, leg, or limb similarly used by the target creature, who then continues to take 1 damage per round from bleeding until they receive a DC 15 Heal check or 1 point of magical healing. The limb falls to the ground in a square of the user's choice adjacent to the target.

Successful non-critical hits dealt with a Stone Dragon maneuver of 6th level or higher have a chance of severing a limb. The foe must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your initiator level + your highest ability modifier) or lose an arm, leg, or limb similarly used by the target creature, who then continues to take 1 damage per round from bleeding until they receive a DC 15 Heal check or 1 point of magical healing. The user may choose to have the limb be moved directly to one of his hands, automatically dropping any item held in that hand.

starwoof
2009-12-09, 07:50 PM
I've got a ridiculous feat I've been kicking around. I don't know if it's balanced but it's certainly useful... kinda.:smallbiggrin:

Orcish Many Orc [racial]
You are trained in the ancient art of orcish doubling.
Prerequisites: Orc or Half-Orc, Strength 15
Benefit: You may make use of the Combine rule below.
Normal: You are only one orc.

Combine
In order to wield progressively more ridiculously large weapons, the orcs developed a process to combine into a larger form. At first the orcs would climb on each others shoulders and wield their axes four handed, but they eventually developed more and more complex ways to combine.

As a full round action that provokes an attack of opportunity, two or more orcs may combine. The orc that initiates the combination is referred to as The Head. For every orc above the head that combines in this way, the head adds 2 to his strength and con, but reduces his dexterity by 1 (to a minimum of one). Due to being multiple creatures, the combined orc is immune to ability drain or damage. His dex cannot be reduced below 1 in any way, unless the head is somehow targeted individually (such as by a critical hit from a ray of enfeebling).

For every ten points of damage the combined orc takes, one of the orcs forming the combined orc dies or is knocked unconscious. He falls out of the many orc immediately, reducing it's ability scores and size as if there were one less orc.

Once eight orcs have combined in this way, the head increases by 1 size category. He does not gain any of the ability score modifiers that a monster normally would while changing size. The number of orcs required for each size category increase is found in this table:

{table=head]Number of Orcs|New Size
8|Large
16|Huge
32|Gargantuan
64|Colossal
[/table]

The combined orcs may wield a weapon of a size category equal to their combined form. This is usually an Orcish Many Axe, since this is the most common reason orcs feel the need to combine.

erikun
2009-12-09, 07:52 PM
I think it's reasonable that if a single person uses this feat and makes it last some tens of billions of years, then yes, everything on the planet takes 100000d6 points of damage.
But that still wouldn't take care of Pun-Pun...
Great, now we have a cult dedicated to keeping some immortal race that was Ka-Pow!ed alive but unconcious for one billion years, to bring about the end of the world.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 07:53 PM
Great, now we have a cult dedicated to keeping some immortal race that was Ka-Pow!ed alive but unconcious for one billion years, to bring about the end of the world.

That's actually a pretty good idea. :smallcool:

Orcish Many Orc should have a Strength requirement of 13 or 15. Again, ability requirements for feats should always be odd numbers.

starwoof
2009-12-09, 07:55 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea. :smallcool:

Orcish Many Orc should have a Strength requirement of 13 or 15. Again, ability requirements for feats should always be odd numbers.

Ah, that skipped my mind. Made it 15.

Temotei
2009-12-09, 07:58 PM
Ground Pound [General]
You can smash the ground so hard it leaves a crater large enough for you to walk through comfortably.
Prerequisites: Str 17, Power Attack, BAB +4.
Benefits: You may use Power Attack against the ground to create a one-square crater. Using this feat while charging creates a crater twice as large. Any creature in the area of the crater is flat-footed unless it succeeds on a Balance check of DC equal to the character's weapon damage result.
Special: A fighter may select Ground Pound as one of their fighter bonus feats.

Meteor Hammer [General]
Your ability to create craters in the ground has expanded to work on foes, and the overall effectiveness of your ground pounding is increased.
Prerequisites: Str 19, Power Attack, Ground Pound, BAB +8.
Benefits: You may use Power Attack against the ground to create a 10 ft. x 10 ft. crater. Anything (except the Meteor Hammer-user) within 10 feet takes damage equal to 5d6 + Str modifier. A successful Reflex save of DC 15 + Str modifier halves this damage. Charging while using this feat doubles the size of the crater. Any creature in the area of the crater is flat-footed unless it succeeds on a Balance check of DC equal to the character's weapon damage result.
Special: A fighter may select Meteor Hammer as one of their fighter bonus feats.

erikun
2009-12-09, 08:34 PM
Batman Retcon
You always have what you need on-hand, even when you don't.
Prerequisites: Int 19, Knowledge 10 ranks
Benefits: If you are in need of a mundane or masterwork item which you do not have, you may use a Knowledge skill which you have at least 10 ranks in and which is related to the task at hand. The DC is the same DC for crafting the item with the appropriate Craft skill. If you succeed, you had the item all along. Subtract an amount of gold from your possession equal to the item's worth, as if you had purchased it at standard prices.

If you do not have enough gold (or equilivant payment) for the item, the check automatically fails.
Retry?: No, although you could make another check for a different item. The check is to determine if you retroactively had the item, and looking again will not make a difference.

Surrealistik
2009-12-09, 08:40 PM
Twin Blade Prowess [Tactical]
Prerequisite: One 3rd level or higher maneuver from the Iron Heart or Tiger Claw discipline, Balance 8 ranks
Benefit: The Twin Blade Prowess feat enables the use of three tactical abilities. You must be wielding two slashing weapons that are one-handed (for you) to make use of them.

Blade Copter: As an immediate action while falling, you may spin your blades above your head and begin to glide, negating all falling damage and allowing you 20ft of horizontal movement for each 5ft fallen.

If you have 11 ranks in Balance, you may also fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to your constitution modifier.

If you have 14 ranks in Balance, you may fly with perfect maneuverability with this ability.

While using this ability, you may not attack with your two held slashing weapons, unless you have 17 ranks in Balance.

Blade Ski: During a charge while in contact with the ground, you may use your downward-pointed blades to redirect yourself, allowing a single turn of up to 90 degrees during your movement.

Blade Fan: As a standard action, you may spin your blades like a fan in front of you, creating an effect identical to a non-magical Gust of Wind. The range for a medium creature is 30ft, but doubles for each size category the user has above medium, and halves for each size category the user has below medium.

After using this ability, you are fatigued for 1 round unless your constitution modifier is 3 or higher.

Batman Retcon
You always have what you need on-hand, even when you don't.
Prerequisites: Int 19, Knowledge 10 ranks
Benefits: If you are in need of a mundane or masterwork item which you do not have, you may use a Knowledge skill which you have at least 10 ranks in and which is related to the task at hand. The DC is the same DC for crafting the item with the appropriate Craft skill. If you succeed, you had the item all along. Subtract an amount of gold from your possession equal to the item's worth, as if you had purchased it at standard prices.

If you do not have enough gold (or equilivant payment) for the item, the check automatically fails.
Retry?: No, although you could make another check for a different item. The check is to determine if you retroactively had the item, and looking again will not make a difference.

I love it.

Lysander
2009-12-09, 08:45 PM
The Batman Retcon is brilliant.

Wait, hold on...

You receive a +10 modifier to your diplomacy roll only when you unwillingly find yourself in a really awkward situation that makes you look bad. The bonus only applies to attempts to convince people that this isn't what it looks like, or that it is what it looks like but that isn't so bad when you think about it. The modifier also applies to the first time you meet someone who has a reason to dislike you.

Demented
2009-12-09, 09:01 PM
Should be named "Wait, I can explain!"

Lysander
2009-12-10, 12:26 AM
Should be named "Wait, I can explain!"

Yes! That's much better.

Profession Alcoholic

Prerequisite: Two skill points to spend on Profession Alcoholic

You may treat Profession: Alcoholic as a class skill, which allows you to somehow earn money in cities and towns despite never seeming to work. You also receive a +2 modifier towards all gather information checks, a +2 morale modifier versus all fear effects if you have a flask of whiskey to take nips from, and a +2 modifier on bluff checks made to deny stealing food and alcohol.

Dienekes
2009-12-10, 01:01 AM
Hollywood Physics Attack
Prerequisite: Str 15, Power Attack
Benefit: If you deal enough damage to kill an opponent, that opponent dies in an incredibly fantastic way that have no relation to what attack just killed them. At the time of killing your opponent you must choose one of these methods of death.
Explosion= You hit them so hard they blow up. The chunks of flesh fly out to hit all adjacent targets, except you. They deal damage equal to half that which was dealt to the opponent in order to kill them. Friendly fire is possible.
Fling Backwards= With a powerful attack you fling your opponent back like a ragdoll in a 15 foot line. You must make a free trip attempt on every target the body hits. Friendly fire is possible. If the dead opponent hits a wall it keeps moving through the wall as though it gave no resistance, essentially punching a body sized hole through it.
Body Weapon= You hit them so hard the opponent becomes rigid and can be used as a weapon you are automatically proficient with. For the remainder of combat the opponent does 2d6 bludgeoning damage and is a two handed weapon, for a normal sized opponent. With each attack against a new opponent you may make a free Intimidate check to demoralize them. The body becomes useless at the end of combat.

Temotei
2009-12-10, 01:06 AM
You hit them so hard they blow up.

This sentence made me laugh.

Dienekes
2009-12-10, 01:13 AM
This sentence made me laugh.

Yeah, not exactly subtle was it?

I got the idea from watching UHF

charl
2009-12-10, 02:26 AM
Batman Retcon should be called "Where does he get all does wonderful toys? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhereDoesHeGetAllThoseWonderfulToys)".

In fact many of the feats in this thread should be named after tropes.

Lysander
2009-12-10, 10:45 AM
Yakety Sax

Your move speed increases by 10 when chased by police officers, city guard, or soldiers as long as fast paced music is playing.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-12-10, 11:20 AM
Always in the Nick of Time
Prerequisites: Knowledge (theatrics) 9 ranks, Improved Initiative
Benefit: You never arrive after the fact. Provided you strive to reach your goal (and don't pause to do unrelated things along the way), you will always arrive at least 2d4 rounds before the event you intended to be present for occurs. Bad guys won't activate their doomsday machines, the world won't explode, the king won't be assassinated, and that nice girl from next door won't get bored and leave before you arrive for your rendezvous until at least 2d4 rounds have passed after your arrival.

deuxhero
2009-12-10, 11:25 AM
Hey! I think fantastic characters should (as a norm) have abilities that are "silly, over the top, or scientifically implausible" (note:Mundane=can work in AMF, can't be dispelled ect!=realistic).

dsmiles
2009-12-10, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm...how's this for over the top?

Snap!
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Ability to cast Otto's Irresistable Dance
Any combat you enter automatically becomes a West Side Story-esque Snap Fight dance routine. All combatants gain a Circumstance bonus to their attack and damage rolls equal to 1/2 their ranks in Perform (dance).

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-12-10, 11:31 AM
Snap!
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Ability to cast Otto's Irresistable Dance
Any combat you enter automatically becomes a West Side Story-esque Snap Fight dance routine.

Not bad...but it needs some actual mechanical bonus...maybe add the following:

All combatants gain a Circumstance bonus to their attack and damage rolls equal to 1/2 their ranks in Perform (dance).

deuxhero
2009-12-10, 11:31 AM

Constantly reapply a cursed item that ages the wearer/2nd ed haste spell to the KOed guy will make it much shorter.

dsmiles
2009-12-10, 11:40 AM
Not bad...but it needs some actual mechanical bonus...maybe add the following:

Nice touch. I was going to make a feat chain out of it, eventually stacking up bonuses for the bard who uses it.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-12-10, 11:42 AM
Nice touch. I was going to make a feat chain out of it, eventually stacking up bonuses for the bard who uses it.

You know one feat has to be called When You're a Jet, later upgraded by A Jet All the Way.

dsmiles
2009-12-10, 11:55 AM
You know one feat has to be called When You're a Jet, later upgraded by A Jet All the Way.

Yeah, that's kind of where I was going with that, also don't forget I Feel Pretty followed by Oh, So Pretty.
I havent quite figured out the mechanical bonuses for any of these yet, but the ideas are fermenting.

charl
2009-12-10, 12:25 PM
Montage
Prerequisites: None
Benefits: You can reduce the time it takes you to perform an action outside of combat to 1/10 the normal, by doing a montage. You can do this once per week, and you must describe the scenes of the montage, to the sound of uplifting music.
As a secondary ability this feat allows you to retrain two character aspects on level up, instead of only one (see PHB2). This retraining must also be accompanied by music, and of course a montage. If you still have your time reduction available for the week you can use it to decrease the retraining time. This is described as a training montage (and it is a thing of great power indeed). Any costs still apply.
Normal: You can only retrain one character aspect each time you level up.

Catchphrase
Prerequisites: None.
Benefits: When you take this feat you must chose a catchphrase, which should be written down and remembered. If you work this catchphrase into your dialogue any party members within hearing distance gets a +1 circumstance bonus to their next action, per five character levels. This feat can be used up to once per day per five character levels.

jindra34
2009-12-10, 04:15 PM
Always in the Nick of Time
Prerequisites: Knowledge (theatrics) 9 ranks, Improved Initiative
Benefit: You never arrive after the fact. Provided you strive to reach your goal (and don't pause to do unrelated things along the way), you will always arrive at least 2d4 rounds before the event you intended to be present for occurs. Bad guys won't activate their doomsday machines, the world won't explode, the king won't be assassinated, and that nice girl from next door won't get bored and leave before you arrive for your rendezvous until at least 2d4 rounds have passed after your arrival.

Now I want an improve version that makes it so that as long as you are in the general area you will arrive on time as long as you don't spend time on activities greater than the time you have to get there.

Temotei
2009-12-10, 10:32 PM
Crybaby [General]
You are weak, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Prerequisites: Constitution ≤13, Charisma 13, Diplomacy 6 ranks
Benefits: Whenever you are threatened (by getting hit, intimidated, or being literally in an area where an opponent threatens attacks of opportunity), you may attempt a Diplomacy check (crying in a fetal position) as a free action to make all enemies who threaten you feel bad, forcing them to make a Will save of DC 10 + Cha modifier + 1/2 Diplomacy or become friendly. While sobbing, you gain a +2 bonus to AC against ranged attacks, but -2 AC against melee attacks. Creatures immune to mind-affecting attacks are not affected by this ability.

Dienekes
2009-12-10, 11:55 PM
LARGE HAM
You are a ridiculously larger than life character.
Prerequisites: Con 13, Cha 15, Diplomacy 6 ranks.
Benefit: At the start of every social or combat situation you may make a Diplomacy Check (DC 25) against everyone in earshot by saying some form of over the top introduction (ex. Hello everyone I'm BRIAN BLESSED!!!). If you succeed every opponent takes a -2 penalty to all actions against you that require rolling a d20.

charl
2009-12-11, 12:08 AM
One Liner
Prerequisites: Cha 13
Benefits: If on your turn you drop an opponent (by killing it or dropping it below 0 HP) you may as an immediate action make a bad pun related to that opponents demise. Every enemy within earshot must make a Will save, DC equal to 10 + your character level, or suffer a -1 morale penalty to all checks and actions until the start of your next turn per 5 character levels you have. The pun must be ironic and appropriate to the situation.

Shyftir
2009-12-11, 04:54 AM
why don't you just admit that half of these are class features of dashing swordsman...

Know-it-All
Pre-req: 15 Int, at least 1 rank in five different knowledge skills

You are that guy. You know the one with a head full of useless knowledge? Yeah, him.

You get an automatic +10 on any knowledge check that has been failed by a ally in the last 5 Minutes. You don't need to be trained in the specific knowledge skill to make this check even if you normally would need to be.

cha0s4a11
2009-12-11, 05:29 AM
Prinny Raid!
Prerequisites: 15 Charisma
Benefits: You may, once per encounter as a full round action, open a portal and target an enemy with a "Prinny Raid" from that portal. At the start of every round, as long as the portal is open, roll 1d6 and perform the result as follows:

Roll 1: Close the portal at the end of the round.
Roll 2: Fire a metal discus at the target for 1d8 bludgeoning damage
Roll 3: Fire a large kitchen sink at the target for 1d10 bludgeoning damage
Roll 4: Fire a prinny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinny#Prinnies) at the target for 1d12 force damage to the target and for 1d8 force damage to anyone else within 10 feet of the target.
Roll 5: Fire all three of the above items at the target.
Roll 6: Fire all three of the above items at the target, then reroll and perform the result.

Setra
2009-12-11, 05:36 AM
My god, it's full of stars! [Epic]
Prerequisites: Cha 23
Benefit: Your eyes have become so beautiful, that any creature who looks into them must make a (DC 20+Cha Mod) Will Save or become dominated, as if Dominate Monster has been cast upon them.

If they make this will save they must make an additional save or become fascinated.

Prime32
2009-12-11, 05:49 AM
Toon Physics
Prerequisites: Cha 13
Whenever you would fall from any height, you can make a Will save (DC = 10
+ft above ground, +5 for each previous round you have used this ability) to disbelieve the effects of gravity for 1 round. You cannot combine this ability with a jump.

Incredible Sunder (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CleanCut)
Prerequisites: Power Attack
Whenever you sunder an object which take up multiple squares, you may sunder a number of consective squares equal to your Str modifier with a single attack. You deal full damage to objects with slashing weapons.

I recall someone making a feat which let you jump miles in a single bound, as the nonmagical equivalent of teleport.

dsmiles
2009-12-11, 07:40 AM
Two more for you.

When You're a Jet
Prerequisites: Base Attack +3, Perform (Dance) 5 ranks.
During any Snap Fight Sequence, you may make a single attack, as a standard action, against any opponent whose Perform (Dance) check result is less than yours. This attack always deals maximum damage, but it is always non-lethal damage, as your opponents must survive to flee the combat.

I Feel Pretty
Prerequisites: Perform (Sing) 3 ranks.
You gain a +2 feat bonus to all Charisma-based social skill checks (i.e. Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, etc.).

@ Djinn: I felt as if those two feats (When You're a Jet and A Jet All the Way)should be a separate chain from Snap!. The vibe just wasn't right.

Lysander
2009-12-11, 10:11 AM
Some major modifiers:

Tides of Fortune
Your character rolls every d20 twice. Flip a coin at the start of each day. If the coin is heads only use the more favorable of each roll that day. If the coin lands on tails only use the more unfavorable roll each day. Characters have no knowledge of game mechanics such as feats, dice rolls, and the coin toss.

Coward
When you take this feat pick any positive number as high as one less than your attack bonus. Deduct that much from your attack bonus and the DC of saving throws for all spells, supernatural, and extraordinary abilities you use. Add that much to your AC and to each saving throw roll you make. The alteration is permanent.

Crowning Moment of Awesome
Once a day for any d20 check you may roll a number of dice equal to your character level and use only the most favorable roll.

imp_fireball
2009-12-11, 02:29 PM
I want to see a version of that which actually allows you to fly and hover in place.

Flappy Flappy!
Prerequisite: At least one 2nd level maneuver from the Falling Anvil Discipline, STR 17, Lighter than 150 pounds

If your total weight (encumberance included) is lighter than 150 pounds, you may flap your arms and hover 5ft. above ground for the duration. With a DC 15 STR check, you can elevate 5ft. By descending at half falling speed, you may completely negate falling damage. If you are damaged, you must make a FORT save DC equal to 10 + half the damage you were dealt or drop to the ground prone - alternatively you can ready an action to land properly and not fall prone.

You may hover for as long as you decide to occupy your arms - that is, your legs or other limbs are still free to perform actions, but your arms are incapable of doing anything but flapping for however many rounds you wish to continue hovering. At least two arms are required to perform this feat.

It Burns me Arse!
Prerequisite: Mobility

If you were dealt fire damage, your base move speed increases by 1.5 for the next 1d4 rounds.

Run don't Walk
Prerequisite: Swift trait, Move Silently (5 ranks)

You may move at your full base speed when moving silently, however you must expend all of your actions towards movement for the entire round that you do so.

Not on my Battlefield, oh no!
Prerequisite: Cha 17, Leadership, Intimidate (8 ranks)

Create a battlefield code for engagements involving 15+ creatures. If anyone (enemies included) violate this code, you can call them out in front of their friends and make them feel totally humiliated. For every instance in which the enemy violates this code, they take a -2 morale penalty to all saves, spell DCs, skill checks, AC, attack, damage (everything), etc. If the enemy is a samurai, they are automatically dishonored to the highest degree.

NOTE: The action depends entirely on what the enemy does. Humiliating an enemy is done through speech and is thus a free action.

DracoDei
2009-12-11, 02:49 PM
Flappy Flappy!
Prerequisite: At least one 2nd level maneuver from the Falling Anvil Discipline, STR 17, Lighter than 150 pounds

Why did you make it weight dependent?

Also, it would have been nice if you had cross-posted it or PMed me or something... I don't read ALL the threads these days. It is a reasonable feat I think, but it is going to be rare that anyone uses it at lower levels, since Sword-sages, especially Falling Anvil Sword-Sages, probably don't place TOO much emphasis on Strength... later on they would tend to have magic items for flight, or the "Not Looking Down" stance maybe. Never the less, the only change I would make is to say that you can't do this for longer at a time than... I don't know... your strength score in minutes every hour?

DracoDei
2009-12-12, 12:38 AM
You don't mind if I copy that to the Falling Anvil thread, with due credit do you?

Durithill the B
2009-12-12, 01:47 AM
Double Jump [General]
After jumping you seem to jump again in mid-air.
Prerequisites: Dex 19, Jump 13 ranks
Benefits: After jumping and sometime before the end of your jump, you may choose to make a second jump check in order to jump again as if the air beneath your feet is solid. This second jump is treated as if you were jumping from a standing position and did not have a running start. You may only use this feat once per round. Jumping in this manner does not negate falling damage you would have otherwise taken (for instance if you jump off of a 100 ft. tall cliff and jump just before reaching the bottom, you still take falling damage as if you feel 100 ft. plus the height of your original jump).

Temotei
2009-12-12, 01:50 AM
Double Jump [General]
After jumping you seem to jump again in mid-air.
Prerequisites: Dex 19, Jump 13 ranks
Benefits: After jumping and sometime before the end of your jump, you may choose to make a second jump check in order to jump again as if the air beneath your feet is solid. This second jump is treated as if you were jumping from a standing position and did not have a running start. You may only use this feat once per round. Jumping in this manner does not negate falling damage you would have otherwise taken (for instance if you jump off of a 100 ft. tall cliff and jump just before reaching the bottom, you still take falling damage as if you feel 100 ft. plus the height of your original jump).

Remember Crash Bandicoot? Ahh...I loved how he could jump, and midway, jump again, and below him on that second jump a little white air platform would appear...good times. :smallamused:

Durithill the B
2009-12-12, 01:52 AM
I never played Crash Bandicoot, actually.
Wanted to, but never got the chance. :smallfrown:

Temotei
2009-12-12, 01:57 AM
I never played Crash Bandicoot, actually.
Wanted to, but never got the chance. :smallfrown:

Unfortunate. The first few Crash games were pretty good. Now they're coming out with a bunch of crap, and it disappoints me that they're using Bandicoot in them. :smallannoyed:

Nice feat though. :smallsmile:

Bhu
2009-12-12, 01:58 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Prerequisites: Cannot have any Feat or Class Ability that increases the Bonus to your Willpower Save, Wisdom 10 or less, cannot have a class whose Will Save progression is Good.
Benefits: Whenever you become Frightened or Panicked you lash out in response instead of fleeing. You gain 5 attacks per round you would normally be Frightened or Panicked. These are made at your highest BAB with a -4 Morale Penalty. On the downside until the Fear Effect wears off you will keep swinging, even after the original source of the fear is dead and in pieces.

Temotei
2009-12-12, 02:00 AM
Prerequisites: Cannot have any Feat or Class Ability that increases the Bonus to your Willpower Save, Wisdom 10 or less, cannot have a class whose Will Save progression is Good.
Benefits: Whenever you become Frightened or Panicked you lash out in response instead of fleeing. You gain 5 attacks per round you would normally be Frightened or Panicked. These are made at your highest BAB with a -4 Morale Penalty. On the downside until the Fear Effect wears off you will keep swinging, even after the original source of the fear is dead and in pieces.

I love that name. I thought it was going to involve falling when I saw it. :smallbiggrin:

Durithill the B
2009-12-12, 02:02 AM
Unfortunate. The first few Crash games were pretty good. Now they're coming out with a bunch of crap, and it disappoints me that they're using Bandicoot in them. :smallannoyed:

Nice feat though. :smallsmile:
Well if I ever get around to playing them, I'll make a note of playing the originals then.

Thanks for the compliment~ :smallbiggrin:

charl
2009-12-12, 04:28 AM
Lagbomb
Benefits: One per day per five character levels you may as an immediate action at the end of anyone else's turn cancel that turn's move action. The afflicted person still loses this move action, but it will be as if it was never performed. All other actions performed during the afflicted person's turn will still have occurred, even if they would have been impossible without the move action. You can not use this feat on yourself.

Is this too powerful? I can see a problem with someone using this to allow a martial character to perform a charge on the same target two times in a row.

Rithaniel
2009-12-12, 07:40 AM
Wait... What?

Prerequisites: Diplomacy 5 ranks

Benefits: Whenever you make a Diplomacy check, you may take a -2 penalty on the roll, in order to try and trick whoever you are talking to, into giving you some bit of information they would not have otherwise given you, or into blurting something out that would have been better kept as a secret.

The DC to do this is equal to the DC to make that particular person rise up to the next attitude in relation to you from what they already are. The target is not aware that they have given you this information or said what they did until either 10 rounds have passed, or someone informs them of what they did, whichever comes first.

You usually have no control of what information is given, but, if you choose to take an additional -4 penalty on the roll (for -6 total), you can attempt to get certain information out of them. Though, you must be aware of what information you are trying to get.

Special: If you stick around after receiving your information long enough for them to realize they said what they did, then you gain a +4 circumstance bonus to any Perform (Comedy) check made as their face falls, and you may take 10 on this Perform (Comedy) check.

Copypasta

Prerequisites: BAB +6

Benefits: You have mastered the art of doing things over and over and over again, making it so that, whenever you take a full round attack option, you may take the result of your first attack roll in that round, and treat that as the result of all your attack rolls in that round. You may not use the result of any other attack rolls in that round, only the very first.

Special: Attacking with this feat is very odd for other people to see, as you move your arms in overly symetric patterns. This has no paticular mechanical effect at all, it's just a fact.

Elastic

Prerequisites: Dexterity 21, Escape Artist 7 ranks, Jump 7 ranks

Benefits: You may use dexterity instead of Strength for the purposes of Jumps checks. Additionally, whenever you make a Jump check, your check results are not bound by your height.

Aslo, when using the Escape Artist skill, you gain the ability to squeeze through opennings that your head couldn't actually fit through, being able to squirm through anything larger than a 1 cm -- 1 cm hole. Additionally, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Escape Artist checks.

On top of all this, you gain Damage Reduction 5/Slashing, as all sharp tips glance off of you, and heavy objects just bounce back.

Lysander
2009-12-12, 09:17 AM
Acme Arsenal

You can pull weapons out of Bags of Holding that were never placed inside. The items are magically summoned and vanish after two rounds. You can summon copies of any melee or thrown weapon worth up to a combined 50gp per day. The 50gp limit remains the same whether you use one or more bags of holding. Equipment functions like a normal item, except it cannot replicate the effects of special substances such as cold iron or alchemical silver.

Surrealistik
2009-12-12, 10:31 AM
Someone needs to make a feat duplicating the Kanye West interruption.

DracoDei
2009-12-12, 10:50 AM
Copypasta: The "Special" section should probably be reformatted to be italicized flavor text just below the pre-requisites.

Also: Who is Kanye West?

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-12-12, 11:13 AM
Oh gods not in the face!
Prerequisites: Cha 17
Benefits: Whenever you are about to suffer Charisma damage or drain you are entitled to an immediate Reflex save equal to 10 + Cha damage or drain taken. If succesful, you the amount of damage or drain you would have taken is doubled and dealt as hit point damage.

I doubt this is balanced at all, but I liked the idea.

Surrealistik
2009-12-12, 11:16 AM

Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West

Interruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ

ericgrau
2009-12-12, 11:53 AM
This thread reminds me of Paranoia abilities. You'd be surprised how often "2nd to last person out the door" is useful in that game.

Friend at Acme
Benefits: Whenever an opponent uses a mechanical or magic device in your presence it fails in a way that harms him.

DracoDei
2009-12-12, 12:10 PM
That is way overpowered I think... magic weapons become useless against you...

MIGHT work with the clause "If it is the first time they have used that device under real combat conditions."... perhaps with similar boiler-plate to that found on some cursed weapons and/or the healing abilities of the Devoted Spirit discipline.

Lysander
2009-12-12, 02:04 PM
Someone needs to make a feat duplicating the Kanye West interruption.

One Kanye West themed interruption feat coming right up!

Fishsticks
You are an egotistical maniac and always want to be the center of attention. When someone else is making a perform or diplomacy check to a crowd you can try to interrupt them with your own diplomacy or perform check to win the crowd's approval, except your goal is to roll as low as possible. If you turn the crowd against you whoever you interrupt must make a will save (DC15 + the absolute value of however much you failed your diplomacy/perform check by) to avoid suffering emotional trauma and taking 2d4 charisma damage. A person cannot be affected by the Fishsticks ability again until they have regained all charisma drained this way.

Temotei
2009-12-12, 05:34 PM

You're a lucky guy.

DracoDei
2009-12-12, 07:07 PM
Fish-Sticks is confusingly worded. For one thing, the mechanical effects don't influence the crowd to like the person you are interrupting any less, although the fluff implies it should do so.

Rithaniel
2009-12-13, 08:14 AM
Copypasta: The "Special" section should probably be reformatted to be italicized flavor text just below the pre-requisites.

Well, it was meant to be put that way as a joke, really.

This thread reminds me of Paranoia abilities. You'd be surprised how often "2nd to last person out the door" is useful in that game.

Friend at Acme
Benefits: Whenever an opponent uses a mechanical or magic device in your presence it fails in a way that harms him.

Um, this is WAY too vague, I mean, it says 'mechanical device', only thing is, you never qualify what makes a device 'mechanical' or what makes an object a 'device'. As it currently is, I could take this feat and become immune to any object or action that opperates within the boundaries of physics. Which, for lack of a better word, is everything.

Fishsticks
You are an egotistical maniac and always want to be the center of attention. When someone else is making a perform or diplomacy check to a crowd you can try to interrupt them with your own diplomacy or perform check to win the crowd's approval, except your goal is to roll as low as possible. If you turn the crowd against you whoever you interrupt must make a will save (DC15 + the absolute value of however much you failed your diplomacy/perform check by) to avoid suffering emotional trauma and taking 2d4 charisma damage. A person cannot be affected by the Fishsticks ability again until they have regained all charisma drained this way.

In the words of a very wise man, "Remember, if you can't explain an effect in 2 minutes, everyone else is already confused."

Having said that, I understand this, but it could use some rewording, some people don't know what 'absolute value' is, after all, and it sort of jumps around.

Setra
2009-12-13, 11:16 AM
lolwut?
Prerequisite: Int or Wis lower than 8
Benefit: Once per day you may automatically succeed at any Will Save check against you to alter, dominate, charm, or otherwise effect your mind.

May prompt casters to say "He's too stupid to control!"

Surrealistik
2009-12-13, 11:30 AM

Fishsticks

Call it I'mma Let You Finish, have it deal Wisdom damage as well and possibly stun or daze, and this feat is golden.

Fish-Sticks is confusingly worded. For one thing, the mechanical effects don't influence the crowd to like the person you are interrupting any less, although the fluff implies it should do so.

The interrupted person is emotionally traumatized and stunned by the sheer audacity and disruptiveness of your interruption.

You're a lucky guy.

Naw, his stunt at the MTV awards was hilarious. That Kanye West, what a joker.

Slamexo
2009-12-13, 07:34 PM
Redundancy
Benefit: You immediately gain a bonus feat.

deuxhero
2009-12-13, 07:41 PM
^Dark Chaos Shuffle!

Rithaniel
2009-12-14, 09:43 AM
Chain-Smoking Badass [Archetype]

When defeating the hordes of darkness isn't enough, try lung cancer.

Prerequisite: Must be able to physically smoke and have the means to support such a habit.

Benefit: Archetype Feats grant you bonuses based on your HD.

1 HD: You epitomize badass. You gain a +4 circumstance modifier to Bluff and Intimidate checks made while your character is smoking.
3 HD: Because irony sucks. You become immune to disease.
8 HD: Lamarck was right. The Chain-Smoking Badass becomes immune to ability drain.
15 HD: Simply unflappable. That's you. You just light up and remain unperturbed while the world goes to pieces around you. While smoking, you are under the effects of a mind blank spell.

Special: If you ever stop qualifying for this feat, you can trade it for another archetype feat you meet the prerequisites.

(Originally made here (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Chain-Smoking_Badass_(3.5e_Feat)), by Jota II (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jota_II), of D&D wiki (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page))

absolmorph
2009-12-14, 08:51 PM
Redundancy
You should be able to take it multiple times.

Forevernade
2009-12-14, 11:03 PM
Chain-Smoking Badass [Archetype]

When defeating the hordes of darkness isn't enough, try lung cancer.

Prerequisite: Must be able to physically smoke and have the means to support such a habit.

Benefit: Archetype Feats grant you bonuses based on your HD.

1 HD: You epitomize badass. You gain a +4 circumstance modifier to Bluff and Intimidate checks made while your character is smoking.
3 HD: Because irony sucks. You become immune to disease.
8 HD: Lamarck was right. The Chain-Smoking Badass becomes immune to ability drain.
15 HD: Simply unflappable. That's you. You just light up and remain unperturbed while the world goes to pieces around you. While smoking, you are under the effects of a mind blank spell.

Special: If you ever stop qualifying for this feat, you can trade it for another archetype feat you meet the prerequisites.

(Originally made here (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Chain-Smoking_Badass_(3.5e_Feat)), by Jota II (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/User:Jota_II), of D&D wiki (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page))

Taking that one :smallbiggrin:

cha0s4a11
2009-12-14, 11:06 PM
Redundancy
Benefit: You immediately gain a bonus feat.You should be able to take it multiple times.

Don't be silly. That would be Recursion. :smallbiggrin:

d13
2009-12-15, 12:42 AM
I accidentaly the whole...

Prerrequisites: Every single stat less or equal than 13.

Benefit: Every encounter, at the beginning of its turn, a character has a Class Level percent chance of ending it immediately, without making any effort. This check is made automatically.

Temotei
2009-12-15, 12:52 AM

Benefit: Every encounter, at the beginning of its turn, a character has a Class Level percent chance of ending it immediately, without making any effort. This check is made automatically.

Honestly? Less experience for the weakling. Awesome. Wacky, but really useless, unless your DM is completely mean and pits you constantly against things that are far too strong for you.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounds harsh. I didn't mean it to be. It is, after all, just the ridiculous feats thread...and this feat is ridiculous. Good job. :smallwink:

Forevernade
2009-12-15, 02:23 AM

Very similar to what I had in mind

Klutz
Everyone knows and loves you... so long as youaren't involved in their plans, they love youanyway. You bumble and fumble at seemingly anything you do, but you are kept around for one reason or another.

The Klutz may choose to fail at something on purpose at-will. If at a later time he has failed at two things, he can choose to automatically win. The check-types are separate, so if he fails a two skill checks he may pass a skill check, if he fails two hits, he may automatically hit. He may NOT take any credit for the win, as it is in fact someone or something else that does the work for him.

Temotei
2009-12-15, 02:25 AM
Very similar to what I had in mind

Klutz
Everyone knows and loves you... so long as youaren't involved in their plans, they love youanyway. You bumble and fumble at seemingly anything you do, but you are kept around for one reason or another.

The Klutz may choose to fail at something on purpose at-will. If at a later time he has failed at two things, he can choose to automatically win. The check-types are separate, so if he fails a two skill checks he may pass a skill check, if he fails two hits, he may automatically hit. He may NOT take any credit for the win, as it is in fact someone or something else that does the work for him.

I failed at combat twice and almost died, so now I get to win at life! :smallbiggrin:

Trobby
2009-12-15, 03:31 AM
Going way back to the start of the thread...

Body Weapon= You hit them so hard the opponent becomes rigid and can be used as a weapon you are automatically proficient with. For the remainder of combat the opponent does 2d6 bludgeoning damage and is a two handed weapon, for a normal sized opponent. With each attack against a new opponent you may make a free Intimidate check to demoralize them. The body becomes useless at the end of combat.
Which takes us to this feat..,

Body Weapon
Prerequisites: Str 13, Improved Unarmed Combat
Benefits: This feat gives you proficiency in using bodies other than your own as weapons. To use a body as a weapon, you must be able to lift the total weight of the body (including any items on or with the body) over your head, and the body must be willing or helpless.

For a medium creature, a creature equal in size category is a two-handed weapon that deals 1d12 bludgeoning damage. Creatures one category smaller are one-handed weapons that deal 1d8 bludgeoning damage and can be thrown up to 10 ft. Creatures two categories smaller are light weapons that deal 1d6 damage and can be thrown up to 20 ft. Creatures three categories smaller are light weapons that deal 1d3 bludgeoning damage and can be thrown up to 60 ft. Creatures four or more categories smaller cannot be used effectively in combat, but can be thrown up to 100 ft and deal 1d2 damage.

You cannot use creatures larger than yourself as weapons. Creatures being used as weapons take nonlethal damage equal to 1/2 the damage dealt for each successful attack made with them (rounded down), and are helpless when weilded, but do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Fighters may take this feat as a fighter bonus feat.

And...

Greater Body Weapon
Prerequisites: Str 15, Body Weapon
Benefits: The weight of a body you are using as a weapon is considered 2/3 its actual weight for purposes of this and the feat ''Body Weapon'', but no other purpose. In addition, you can use creatures one size category larger than you as a weapon, following all the rules in the Body Weapon feat.

For a medium creature, creatures one size category larger are considered two-handed weapons with a 10 ft reach that deal 2d6 bludgeoning damage.

This can be taken as a fighter bonus feat.

...remind me to never try late-night posting on the Wii ever again.

Temotei
2009-12-15, 03:32 AM
Going way back to the start of the thread...

Which takes us to this feat..,

Body Weapon
Prerequisites: Str 13, Improved Unarmed Combat
Benefits: This feat gives you proficiency in using bodies other than your own as weapons. To use a body as a weapon, you must be able to lift the total weight of the body (including any items on or with the body) over your head, and the body must be willing or helpless.

For a medium creature, a creature equal in size category is a two-handed weapon that deals 1d12 bludgeoning damage. Creatures one category smaller are one-handed weapons that deal 1d8 bludgeoning damage and can be thrown up to 10 ft. Creatures two categories smaller are light weapons that deal 1d6 damage and can be thrown up to 20 ft. Creatures three categories smaller are light weapons that deal 1d3 bludgeoning damage and can be thrown up to 60 ft. Creatures four or more categories smaller cannot be used effectively in combat, but can be thrown up to 100 ft and deal 1d2 damage.
You cannot use creatures larger than yourself as weapons. Creatures being used as weapons take nonlethal damage equal to 1/2 the damage dealt for each successful attack made with them (rounded down), and are helpless when weilded, but do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Fighters may take this feat as a fighter bonus feat.

And...

Greater Body Weapon
Prerequisites: Str 15, Body Weapon
Benefits: The weight of a body you are using as a weapon is considered 2/3 its actual weight for purposes of this and the feat ''Body Weapon'', but no other purpose. In addition, you can use creatures one size category larger than you as a weapon, following all the rules in the Body Weapon feat. For a medium creature, creatures one size category larger are considered two-handed weapons with a 10 ft reach that deal 2d6 bludgeoning damage.
This can be taken as a fighter bonus feat.

...remind me to never try late-night posting on the Wii ever again.

You posted on your Wii? That's ridiculous already! I feel like reading your feats now.

The Tygre
2009-12-15, 04:22 AM
I think I can safely say that this is the thread of Trope Feats. And really, I couldn't be happier with it. :smallcool:

Fiery Diamond
2009-12-15, 04:57 AM
What is Dark Chaos Shuffle and where is it from?

Prime32
2009-12-15, 05:10 AM
What is Dark Chaos Shuffle and where is it from?The Embrace the Dark Chaos spell trades all your feats (even bonus feats) for... Abyssal Heritor feats I think? Shun the Dark Chaos lets you trade all your Abyssal Heritor feats for any feats you want.

Fiendish Codex. The Abyssal one, obviously.

Bavarian itP
2009-12-15, 05:23 AM
Redundancy

Genie's Nightmare
Benefit: You immediately gain two bonus feats.
You can take this feat any number of times.

Fortuna
2009-12-15, 05:27 AM
Genie's Nightmare

*blink*

*blink* *blink*

*blink**blink**blink**blink**blink**blink**blink** blink**blink**blink**blink**blink**blink**blink**b link**blink*

Wow. At least the majority of the other ones were semi-balanced. This is almost as bad as Lightning Warrior. I salute you for the first truly ridiculous feat on this thread.

TSED
2009-12-15, 07:13 AM
Some Dwarf Fortress inspired feats.

Dwarven Engineering
Prerequisites: Int 9 or less, wis 9 or less, are a dwarf.

This feat has two effects, either of which work independently from eachother.
Small Scale Engineering: You immediately light up on fire.

Megaproject: By flipping a switch, pulling a lever, activating a pressure plate, or whatever, the building, complex, dungeon, etc. begins flooding if any sizable volume of liquid is near. The liquid does not have to be water, and if it is not it will simply flood the structure(s) with that liquid instead. Magma, sewage, pepsi, booze, or blood are some examples.

Benefit: Normally, you are not on fire while drowning.

Expose Hypocrisy
Prerequisite: Dwarf.

When dealing with an elf, if any material on the person whatsoever comes from what used to be a living creature (bone, leather, wood, dyes from plants, ANYTHING), any and all elves within 60' are offended and immediately attempt to leave your presence. This feat still applies if the elf gave you the object in question.

Any elves that were not friendly prior to this event will begin plotting your death, using any and all means available to them. Fortunately, all damage dealt by anything with elven blood in it is reduced to 1.

Dwarven Psychology
Prerequisite: Dwarf, CHA 15.

You understand and are generally under complete control of your emotions. You gain a happy thought whenever any of the following happens:
- You eat a meal you enjoy.
- You drink something you enjoy.
- You see something (anything) expensive.
- You gain a new material possession.
- You are in the mist caused by a waterfall.
- You kill something.
- You feed or provide water for some one incapable of doing so themselves.
- You talk to some one you like.
- You sleep in a nice room.
- You eat in a nice room.
- You see an animal you like.
- You gain a pet.
- Some one makes a diplomacy check (DC 20) to make you feel better.
- You are rescued from a dangerous situation.
- You recently smashed something while in a berserker rage.
- You recently beat something up while in a berserker rage.

You gain an unhappy thought whenever any of the following happens:
- You talk to some one you hate.
- Excellent craftsmanship that you created is destroyed.
- You are forced to drink the same old booze for a while.
- Some one (or something, ie a pet) you like dies.
- Some one (or something, ie a pet) rots instead of being given a proper burial.
- You are attacked.
- You see undead.
- Some one attempts to make you feel better with a diplomacy check (DC 20) but fails the check.
- You are forced to sleep in mud, dirt, on the floor, or anything that isn't in a bed.
- You see a vermin (spider, rat, etc.) that you despise.

If your happy thoughts outnumber your unhappy thoughts, you can use a move action to put yourself under a mindblank spell that lasts for 1 round.

If your unhappy thoughts outnumber your happy thoughts, you must make a DC 25 will save whenever you experience a new unhappy thought or enter a berserk rage like a barbarian of your level whenever you experience a new unhappy thought, with a -8 penalty to negate the rage. If you become happy while raging, the 'tantrum' immediately ends.

If you are already capable of raging, the rage is as if you were 4 levels higher from the raging class, but the will save DC to not enter the rage is 24 + character level.

Additionally, your DM will slap you because this feat is too complicated.

Cave Adaption
Prerequisite: Dwarf, dark vision

You become nauseous and begin uncontrollably vomiting whenever you are exposed to natural sunlight. If you succeed a DC (10 + character level) fortitude save after one round you merely become sickened. On the other hand, you gain dark vision to 300', and can see through magical darkness by focusing for a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunities. You cannot turn the dark vision off.

Mostly, I just like the Dwarven Engineering feat.

Setra
2009-12-15, 07:26 AM
I'm going to go to TV tropes and hit random and make a Feat from the result...

Doesn't know his own strength (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoesNotKnowHisOwnStrength?from=Main.DoesNotKnowHer OwnStrength)
Prerequisites: 18 Str, BaB 1
Benefit: You gain a +4 to any check made to break down a door.

---
Kinda useless, I think I'll try another one.

:smallconfused: I have NO clue how I'm going to work this... Hm..
---
Midori No Hibi (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MidoriNoHibi?from=Main.MidoriDays)
Prerequisites: Character level 5th
Benefit: Your dominant hand is now a Tiny living creature, of the same race as you, you can no longer use this hand, however the creature can act as your hand if you ask. The creature will follow your commands, but has its own mind, and is susceptible to mind altering effects.

The creature make take class levels, however she must always remain 4 levels behind you.

Trobby
2009-12-15, 01:02 PM
I'm going to go to TV tropes and hit random and make a Feat from the result...

Doesn't know his own strength (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoesNotKnowHisOwnStrength?from=Main.DoesNotKnowHer OwnStrength)
Prerequisites: 18 Str, BaB 1
Benefit: You gain a +4 to any check made to break down a door.

---
Kinda useless, I think I'll try another one.

:smallconfused: I have NO clue how I'm going to work this... Hm..
---
Midori No Hibi (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MidoriNoHibi?from=Main.MidoriDays)
Prerequisites: Character level 5th
Benefit: Your dominant hand is now a Tiny living creature, of the same race as you, you can no longer use this hand, however the creature can act as your hand if you ask. The creature will follow your commands, but has its own mind, and is susceptible to mind altering effects.

The creature make take class levels, however she must always remain 4 levels behind you.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th best idea I ever heard of. :3

*Rolls a metaphorical die* ...Redwall? o.o; Um...

Redwall (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Redwall)
Prerequisites: Ability to Call an Animal Companion, Wis 13
Benefit: You call upon an Animal Companion with human-like characteristics. Increase the Animal's intelligence score by 6, and treat them as a Cohort. You may advance their abilities as normal, or they may advance in class levels as per the Cohort rules in the Leadership feat, with Level Adjustment equal to their Racial HD.

Hmm...let me try that again.

Cosy Catastrophe (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosyCatastrophe)
Prerequisites: Wis 13, Iron Will
Benefits: You get a +4 bonus on all will saving throws to resist fear-like effects.

Hmm...that's not all that great...let me try one more.

...O.o;; Um...

El Goonish Shive (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElGoonishShive)
Prerequisites: Ability to change shape as a class ability, 6th level
Benefits: In addition to changes you can make with your shape changing ability, you may also choose to transform into a were-variant of any animal that you can transform into. This counts as a use-per-day for your class's shape changing ability. If you have more than one shape changing class, it counts as a use-per-day for the class ability that allows you to change into the regular shape.
For some reason, this ability also allows you to change your gender at will.

Barbarian MD
2009-12-15, 01:21 PM

I cannot stop laughing. I've been laughing for a full two minutes now. I'm crying and laughing out loud and typing this response.

Nehh
2009-12-15, 02:11 PM
Okay, let me have a go.

*metaphorical die!*

Okaaaaaay... Blendtec. Hmm.

Will It Blend?
Prerequisite: Twin Blade Prowess, from earlier in this thread.
Benefit: When using the Blade Copter or Blade Fan tactical abilities, all creatures within 10ft of the user take damage every round: 1d6 for being within 10ft, and 1d10 for within 5ft. Anything brought to -10HP by this ability is cut into small cubes with sides approximately 1 inch in length.

I'm Going To Try The "Kill" Button.
Prerequisite: You must have the Will It Blend? feat.
Benefit: When using the Blade Copter ability for multiple rounds, from the second round onwards the range of the damage caused is increased, to:
1d6 damage at 20ft
1d10 damage at 15ft
2d6 damage at 10ft
2d10 damage at 5ft.

Don't Breathe This!
Prerequisite: The Will It Blend? feat.
Benefits: You may continue using the Blade Fan tactical ability for a number of standard actions to half your constitution score rounded down. However, the required con modifier and number of rounds spent fatigued increase with each action spent using the ability, like so:
1 standard action: No change
2 standard actions: Required CON modifier to avoid fatigue now 4.
3 standard actions: Con modifier 4, number of rounds fatigued now 2.
4 standard actions: Con modifier 5, rounds spent fatigued 2.
5 standard actions: Con modifier 5, rounds fatigued 2.
6 standard actions: Con modifier 6, rounds fatigued 2.
7 standard actions: Con modifier 6, rounds fatigued 3.
... with the required CON modifier increasing by 1 every even number of actions and the rounds fatigued increasing every other odd number.

Also, anything brought to -10HP now turns into a fine dust instead of cubes. this dust causes anything inhaling it to be Nauseated for 1d4 rounds.

Yes, they may be completely unbalanced. I did this just for fun, in a few minutes. Who needs balanced feats?

Trobby
2009-12-15, 03:53 PM
One more...

I was FROZEN today!
Prerequisites: Diplomacy 5 Ranks
Benefits: If you have been in an area with temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius, or have been affected by a spell with the [Cold] descriptor within the past 24 hours, receive a +4 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy checks.

DracoDei
2009-12-15, 04:03 PM
One more...

I was FROZEN today!
Benefits: If you have been in an area with temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius, or have been affected by a spell with the [Cold] descriptor within the past 24 hours, receive a +4 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy checks.

Uh Oh! The King looks like he is in a bad mood today... better hit me with that Ray of Frost before our audience starts...

Trobby
2009-12-15, 04:38 PM
Uh Oh! The King looks like he is in a bad mood today... better hit me with that Ray of Frost before our audience starts...

This is, in fact, EXACTLY how I intended people to use this feat. :smallbiggrin: I think I should include the clause "You must make mention of the fact that you were affected by the spell or temperature when making your diplomacy check, or you lose this bonus.

Setra
2009-12-15, 05:18 PM
One more...

I was FROZEN today!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

That's hilarious, mostly because that's become a bit of a meme between my friends.

TSED
2009-12-16, 01:30 AM

I cannot stop laughing. I've been laughing for a full two minutes now. I'm crying and laughing out loud and typing this response.

If you think that's bad, wait until you see what they DO to the elves. Intentionally.

Bhu
2009-12-19, 05:43 AM
Ninjas on Retainer
Prerequisites: 6th level, must have made peaceful contact with a Ninja Clan
Benefits: Perhaps you have saved the life of the daughter of the head of a Ninja clan. Or perhaps helped his Grandma's pet kitty out of a storm drain it was stuck in. Regardless, he feels he owes you for this. Once per day as a Standard Action, Ninjas suddenly swarm from nowhere doing xd6 damage to any one Opponent within 100' of you (x=your Hit Dice) before scurrying away into the shadows. How they get there, or where they came from is irrelevant, it just happens. Thank the Gods they're on your side.

Trobby
2009-12-19, 10:17 AM
Scooby Shuffle
Prerequisites: Run
Benefits: By spending one round shuffling your feet in a running motion, you can increase the speed at which you move in a single direction. On your next turn, you can charge up to 3x your base land speed, provided the target of your charge is still in the direction of your shuffle. You can also increase your running speed from X4 to X5 by doing a shuffle, but any effective speed boost from this feat lasts for only one round. If you take a round to shuffle, you must move at least as far as your base land speed on your next turn in the direction of your shuffle, as if you were charging in that direction.

Bhu
2009-12-20, 02:35 AM
Ninjas on Retainer II: Suddenly Mooks, Thousands of Them
Prerequisites: 18th level, must have made peaceful contact with a Ninja Clan, Ninjas on Retainer
Benefits: Once per day as a Standard Action, Ninjas suddenly swarm from nowhere doing xd6 damage to all Opponents within 60' of you (x=your Hit Dice) before scurrying away into the shadows. ____ Pirates. You love these guys.

Fortuna
2009-12-20, 02:59 AM
Giant Mook
Wow. He's big.
Prerequisites: Leadership score 15
Benefits: Select one follower. That follower moves up two size categories, and gains a +8 to Strength and Constitution, but takes a -6 to Dexterity.

Not Listening To Me Are You
Benefits: Whenever you are under the effects of any compulsion effect for at least one minute, you gain additional saving throws. For every minute of its effect, you may attempt a saving throw to do nothing instead of what is dictated by the caster.

The Tygre
2009-12-20, 03:21 AM
Oh, Boop me for not seeing that earlier. Carry on.

Bhu
2009-12-20, 07:04 AM
Ninjas on Retainer III: It Was Japan, 1983, The Sky Was Dark With Shuriken
Prerequisites: 24th level, must have made peaceful contact with a Ninja Clan, Ninjas on Retainer, Ninjas on Retainer II
Benefits: Once per day as a Standard Action all opponents within 120' of you are shot down with poisoned Shuriken thrown by ninjas from hiding. For one round the air about you becomes a sea of sharp pointy things. All opponents (and anything that moves) that round takes xd6 damage (x is equal to your HD) and must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus 2) or be poisoned (Injury, Initial and Secondary Damage is 1d6 Constitution).

ericgrau
2009-12-20, 06:15 PM
That is way overpowered I think... magic weapons become useless against you...
I think I just need to clarify "magical device" as wand, scroll or other magic item that must be activated. How about:

Friend at Acme
Benefits: Whenever an opponent activates or operates a magic device or complex mechanical device - such as a scroll, wand, rod, or catapult - in your presence it fails in a way that harms him. Items which are not considered devices or provide some kind of continuous effect are typically not affected, at the discretion of the DM.

Genie's Nightmare
I call and raise you:

Extra Levels
Benefit: You gain 3 levels.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Draz74
2009-12-20, 09:45 PM
Extra Levels

Needs a clause about how you still get XP from overcoming challenges as if you didn't have the new levels. And about how magic items magically appear to bring you up to your new WBL.

TSED
2009-12-21, 04:48 AM
Scooby Shuffle
Prerequisites: Run
Benefits: By spending one round shuffling your feet in a running motion, you can increase the speed at which you move in a single direction. On your next turn, you can charge up to 3x your base land speed, provided the target of your charge is still in the direction of your shuffle. You can also increase your running speed from X4 to X5 by doing a shuffle, but any effective speed boost from this feat lasts for only one round. If you take a round to shuffle, you must move at least as far as your base land speed on your next turn in the direction of your shuffle, as if you were charging in that direction.

Uh, I think you mean from x5 to x6, since Run is the prereq and all.

Setra
2009-12-21, 05:22 AM
I call and raise you:

Extra Levels
I call as well

Instant Epic Spells, just add water
Prerequisites: An ounce or more of water, you must splash it onto your head before taking this feat.
Benefit: You gain the ability to research any epic spell regardless of spellcraft DC, this takes one round.
Special: Every time you research a new spell you gain it as an at will ability.

-----

Gonna try the TV Tropes wheel one more time... aaand.. hmm...
---

Petting Zoo People (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PettingZooPeople)
Prerequisite: Must be an Awakened Animal
Benefit: You gain the at will ability to take on the form of a humanoid, however some of your animal traits will still show (How much can vary). The only statistical change is your size category.

TSED
2009-12-21, 05:32 AM
pffft.
If you're going to play the I Win game, play the I Win game.

I Win
Benefit: You turn into Pun Pun immediately with no ill effects.
Special: The DM's Rule 0 cannot and does not overrule this feat.

Soranar
2009-12-21, 05:41 AM
Then we will fight in the shade!

prerequisite: level 6, shield proficiency,general feat, must have a shield (any type) equipped for this feat to take effect

description:

in any battle in an open sky environment, roll a 20 faced die, if you roll 20 suspend the battle for one round and cower from a swarm of arrows

you must do this whenever you fill the requirements, it can only happen once per day

any character without a shield or not immune to non-magical projectiles takes 2d8 of physical damage or roll a reflex saving throw to take half damage

any party character that survives the swarm of arrows gets a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls for 5 rounds,

if none of your party members are harmed and at least one of your opponents is, your opponents must roll a save versus Fear (DC 5 + character level) or be affected by a fear spell (character level sorcerer equivalent)

N.B. roll 20d6 arrows for each character present to know the exact number of the swarm, you may salvage those left intact

__________________________________________________ _____________

Black Knight

prerequisite: any feat containing the word hero (luck of heroes, hero's destiny, etc)

description: once in your life, if your character is about to suffer a killing blow, a Black Knight (mounted on a heavy warhorse) blinks into existence for one round and interrupts the killing blow (as long as it is delivered by a creature, if it is the effect of a spell the caster is automatically disrupted and the spell fizzles)

the creature is dazed for one round and suffers no damage from the supernatural charge, this happens no matter what the setting is (horse and knight passes through walls, can fly, or walks on water as needed)

this feat can be taken any number of times for additional charges, ressurecting the character does not reinstate a charge

if this feat manifests twice in the same combat, all opposing creatures are affected by a Fear spell (no save, creatures immune to fear are affected anyway)

if this feat manifests 3 times in the same combat, your party is teleported to the nearest friendly city (you gain no xp from the encounter)

dsmiles
2009-12-21, 07:13 AM
Disembodied Narrator
Prerequisites: CHA 13+
Effect: You have a permanent disembodied voice that narrates your every action, as well as those of others. As a move action, you may concentrate on any creature within your line of sight. You gain a +4 bonus to any one roll made this round that involves the target creature, as the narratoy explicitly describes what that creature is thinking, and describes its actions a split second before they occur.

paddyfool
2009-12-21, 08:05 AM
Scooby Dooby Doors: You are capable of befuddling opponents with your skills in fleeing. Should you run away from combat and close any doors behind you, anything that pursues you must succeed on a Will save (DC: 10 + your ECL) or become confused. Opponents that would normally not be subject to Will saves (undead, constructs etc.) are still subject to this check, but get +10 to their save (yes, your epic-level coward can confuse that golem). Duration: (Your move speed /10) minutes

EDIT: As should be obvious, this was again a product of "first thing found by the random button on TV Tropes".

Trobby
2009-12-21, 10:13 AM
Uh, I think you mean from x5 to x6, since Run is the prereq and all.

...Yes, that is exactly what I mean. o.o;

Also, I like "Scooby Dooby Doors", simply because of NAME.

Bavarian itP
2009-12-21, 10:35 AM
I call and raise you:

Extra Levels

Morbo's Objection
Benefit: FEATS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!
Special: GOOD NIGHT.

paddyfool
2009-12-21, 10:40 AM
Also, I like "Scooby Dooby Doors", simply because of NAME.

Thanks, I think. Although it's since occured to me that a DM could really wreak havoc with it:

"We chase the goblin"
"OK... you chase the unusually fleet-footed goblin scout through the dungeon. Doors open and close as he leads you down a seemingly endless corridor, and you rapidly lose sight of him but only see the person in front of you. Monsters you pass look perplexed, and traps snap at your feet, but you keep running. You realise the party is no longer all together but running by in twos and finally ones in different places in the corridor; you become bewildered, and uncertain whether he's chasing you, or you're chasing him; and finally, something snaps. Make a will save.

Lysander
2009-12-21, 11:53 AM
Evening the odds

When you face a combat situation beyond the appropriate challenge rating for you and your party, you receive a +1 modifier to your BAB and AC per level of excessive challenge rating.

dsmiles
2009-12-21, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I think. Although it's since occured to me that a DM could really wreak havoc with it:

"We chase the goblin"
"OK... you chase the unusually fleet-footed goblin scout through the dungeon. Doors open and close as he leads you down a seemingly endless corridor, and you rapidly lose sight of him but only see the person in front of you. Monsters you pass look perplexed, and traps snap at your feet, but you keep running. You realise the party is no longer all together but running by in twos and finally ones in different places in the corridor; you become bewildered, and uncertain whether he's chasing you, or you're chasing him; and finally, something snaps. Make a will save.

I LOVE IT!!!!!
All of my low level mooks will have this feat!

DracoDei
2009-12-21, 02:07 PM
Scooby Dooby Doors: You are capable of befuddling opponents with your skills in fleeing. Should you run away from combat and close any doors behind you, anything that pursues you must succeed on a Will save (DC: 10 + your ECL) or become confused. Opponents that would normally not be subject to Will saves (undead, constructs etc.) are still subject to this check, but get +10 to their save (yes, your epic-level coward can confuse that golem). Duration: (Your move speed /10) minutes

EDIT: As should be obvious, this was again a product of "first thing found by the random button on TV Tropes".

I was going to do something completely different based on the same scenes as a maneuver for my Falling Anvil discipline... now I am somewhat tempted to adapt this instead. Would that be alright with you?

Trobby
2009-12-22, 03:37 PM
Terrific Trio (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TerribleTrio)
Prerequisites: Must be in a party with at least two other members who take this feat at the same time. Only a total of three party members at a time can take this feat.
Benefits: When three party members take this feat together, they become more effective when working together. When they are in the same adventuring party or attempting to achieve the same goal, each character with this feat receives a +1 morale bonus to AC, skill checks, saving throws, attack rolls, ability rolls, caster levels, and effective character levels for all class abilities.

Additionally, when these characters provide each other with aid, they get a +1 morale bonus on the check they make to aid each other, and give a +3 bonus whenever they succeed the check.

For this feat to be in effect, characters must be within 100 ft. of each other, or be able to communicate with each other.

Special: This feat can be taken multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Any character can only gain the benefits of Terrific Trio once, and cannot provide the benefit to any more than two characters. Only an inclusive three characters can share the benefits of this feat at any given time.

Setra
2009-12-22, 03:59 PM
Foe Tossing Charge (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FoeTossingCharge)
Prerequisites: Improved Bull Rush, 23 Str, +11 BAB
Benefit: When you charge and bullrush an opponent, you may then choose to throw them to the side or even in the air above you and continue on. If you throw them more than 10 feet into the air they take fall damage when they land as normal. If you throw an enemy into a wall they take 1d6 damage per 5 feet they have traveled. When enemies land, they are flatfooted until their next turn, and must take a movement action to stand back up.

You can continue charging for as long as you have movement left regardless of how enemies stand in your way, however if you lose a strength check you must stop.

DracoDei
2009-12-22, 05:52 PM
You realize that the 9th level Setting Sun maneuver already qualifies as that, don't you?

Setra
2009-12-22, 05:56 PM
You realize that the 9th level Setting Sun maneuver already qualifies as that, don't you?
Yes, but it's not a Feat >.>

Debihuman
2009-12-24, 03:55 PM
Isn't there already a feat that allows you to throw someone?

Debby

Trobby
2009-12-25, 08:47 AM
I think that one is ALSO a houserules feat...though I know the one you're referring to, and it is a very awesome feat.

Debihuman
2009-12-27, 06:01 AM
I remember now--Fling Ally and Fling Enemy feats from Races of Stone. I knew I'd seen these before. There was a previous Fling Enemy feat from Savage Species too.

Debby

Trobby
2009-12-27, 09:20 AM
Time for another Random Item feat! And this one's a doozy!

Ear Worm (Music) (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/EarWorm/Music?from=Main.MusicEarWorms)
This is the song that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on, my friends...
Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perform Rank 4 in any instrument or sing
Benefits: You are able to use your Bardic Music to cause more permanent effects. This feat grants the use of the following abilities, provided you are high enough level to use them.

-Inspire Distraction: A bard can use the power of his catchy music to distract his enemies from being able to perform their duty. The enemy must be listening to the song for at least one full round before it takes effect. For each use of this ability, a bard can affect HD number of enemies equal to his Bardic Levels. An affected enemy receives a -1 morale penalty on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a -1 morale penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this penalty increases by 1 (-2 at 8th, -3 at 14th, and -4 at 20th). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.

At the moment, I can't think of any other abilities for this feat.

Flickerdart
2009-12-27, 09:53 AM
Don't be silly. That would be Recursion. :smallbiggrin:
Recursion [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Recursion
Benefits: You gain the benefits of the Recursion feat as though you qualified for it.
Normal: You do not qualify for Recursion or gain the benefits of Recursion.

ScIaDrd
2009-12-27, 10:28 AM
What about the mainstay of shonen amine battles and the favourite tactic of badasses all around? The famed barehaned blade block (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BarehandedBladeBlock) Sppolered for length.:smalleek:

Barehanded Parry
Prerequisites: Wis 13+ Dex 13+
Effect: After studying a particular oponent for three rounds (as with the assassin´s death attack ability, but the preparatory period can be waived with DM´s approval if tere are favorable conditions such as being familiar with the atacker´s combat style ) you can forgo a normal attack or expend an attack of oportunity to make a contested attack roll against that opponent If you win, opposed check your character catches the opponent weapon´s blade or performs a similar feat of martial prowess, negating that attack and denying the opponent the use on the weapon until she can break ot free by winning an opposed Strength check with blocker as a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity . Using this feat provokes attacks of opportunity The character can attempt trip attacks and disarms against the opponent whose weapon he hold with a +2 bonus. The blocker get s a -2 penalty if he bocks a one handed weapon or a -6 penalty if he blocks a two handed weapon The blocker gets a -2 penalty for every size category of the weapon larger than the character’s size category, Conversely, for every size category the weapon is smaller then the character he gets a +2 bonus. The character can attempt multiple barehanded parries long as he has attacks to expend, provided they are all done within ( defender´s Wis bonus) rounds of the study
This feat can only be used if the character has at least one hand free. (other body parts can be used with DM´s approval) If the character has both hands free, he get a a +2 bonus to both the attack roll and any maneuvers performed while blocking. Obviously, using this feat against weapons that deal lethal damage is very dangerous without some sort of protective factor, such as armor gloves or damage reduction. He who does so regardless takes one dice of damage as appropriate for the weapon used, in addition to a penalty to activities requiring the use of that hand equal to the weapon´s damage dice , until he gets at least ten points of magical healing or is treated with a DC 25 Heal check.
Special :This feat can be only used against melee weapons without reach and only against one weapon and one character at a time. If the charcter is proficient with the weapon he blocks he gets a +2 bonus to the opposed attack roll This explicitly stacks with any effects that grant bonuses to attack rolls due to weapon familiarity.
Special: A monk may select Barehanded Parry as a bonus feat at 6th level.
A fighter may select Barehanded Parry as one of his fighter bonus feats.
Note for DMs:This feat works best in campagins that alredy have a mechanic for parrying.

PEACH please and any help in with trmming this feat into a more easily readable and understandable form would be much apprecitated since it now feels about as complex as the grapple rules, and I cannot think of any way to simplify it.:smallsigh:
And ideas for a follow-up feat that allows you to do this to two weapons simultaneously would be cool too.

Conflagration
2009-12-28, 08:33 PM
Cursing Fit

You have trouble controlling your language

Prerequisites: Any non-lawful

Benefit: When ever you suffer damage that reduces you to less than half of your total hitpoints, or are dealt exactly 1 damage (such as that from stubbing your toe, or getting a papercut) you lose control of your anger and explode into a torrent of swearing. Every lawful opponent, or opponent under the age of 18 within earshot is dazed for a single round due to the shock of hearing such language.

I have this feat!

Foryn Gilnith
2009-12-28, 09:32 PM
Temporal Stability [Spelltouched]

Prerequisite
Damaged by an effect created during the duration of Time Stop, Celerity, Time Stands Still, or any similar effect

Benefit
You are immune to Time Stop, Celerity, Time Stands Still, and similar effects.

Rithaniel
2009-12-29, 09:19 AM
What about the mainstay of shonen amine battles and the favourite tactic of badasses all around? The famed barehaned blade block (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BarehandedBladeBlock) Sppolered for length.:smalleek:

Barehanded Parry
Prerequisites: Wis 13+ Dex 13+
Effect: After studying a particular oponent for three rounds (as with the assassin´s death attack ability, but the preparatory period can be waived with DM´s approval if tere are favorable conditions such as being familiar with the atacker´s combat style ) you can forgo a normal attack or expend an attack of oportunity to make a contested attack roll against that opponent If you win, opposed check your character catches the opponent weapon´s blade or performs a similar feat of martial prowess, negating that attack and denying the opponent the use on the weapon until she can break ot free by winning an opposed Strength check with blocker as a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity . Using this feat provokes attacks of opportunity The character can attempt trip attacks and disarms against the opponent whose weapon he hold with a +2 bonus. The blocker get s a -2 penalty if he bocks a one handed weapon or a -6 penalty if he blocks a two handed weapon The blocker gets a -2 penalty for every size category of the weapon larger than the character’s size category, Conversely, for every size category the weapon is smaller then the character he gets a +2 bonus. The character can attempt multiple barehanded parries long as he has attacks to expend, provided they are all done within ( defender´s Wis bonus) rounds of the study
This feat can only be used if the character has at least one hand free. (other body parts can be used with DM´s approval) If the character has both hands free, he get a a +2 bonus to both the attack roll and any maneuvers performed while blocking. Obviously, using this feat against weapons that deal lethal damage is very dangerous without some sort of protective factor, such as armor gloves or damage reduction. He who does so regardless takes one dice of damage as appropriate for the weapon used, in addition to a penalty to activities requiring the use of that hand equal to the weapon´s damage dice , until he gets at least ten points of magical healing or is treated with a DC 25 Heal check.
Special :This feat can be only used against melee weapons without reach and only against one weapon and one character at a time. If the charcter is proficient with the weapon he blocks he gets a +2 bonus to the opposed attack roll This explicitly stacks with any effects that grant bonuses to attack rolls due to weapon familiarity.
Special: A monk may select Barehanded Parry as a bonus feat at 6th level.
A fighter may select Barehanded Parry as one of his fighter bonus feats.
Note for DMs:This feat works best in campagins that alredy have a mechanic for parrying.

PEACH please and any help in with trmming this feat into a more easily readable and understandable form would be much apprecitated since it now feels about as complex as the grapple rules, and I cannot think of any way to simplify it.:smallsigh:
And ideas for a follow-up feat that allows you to do this to two weapons simultaneously would be cool too.

You activated my trap card:

Remember, if you can't explain an effect in 2 minutes, everyone else is already confused.

Why do you have to make so many added things with it, dude? This is the thread of 'ridiculous' feats, it doesn't have to make sense.

Rithaniel
2009-12-29, 10:42 AM
Neon-Bright Armor

It's so, shiney...

Prerequisites: Proficiency with any Armor, BAB +3

Benefits: When you are wearing armor you are proficient in, your inherent awesome manifests itself, by making your armor glow like a neon sign. While wearing your armor, the armor bonus it gives to your AC, is instead changed to be a deflection bonus, meaning that it applies to your touch AC. Additionally, your armor displays your location like a neon sign, granting you a -8 penalty to Hide checks.

Speshul Blood

Yeah, apparently I'm also a Roper...

Benefits: Whenever you encounter an item or situation that requires a specific race or alignment to function - such as a programmed image that will only responded to dwarves, or a weapon that only an LE character can pick up without exploding - you are treated as being the required race, or alignment. Even if the race in question has been destroyed, never existed, or is incapable of reproduction.

Kieran Cage
2009-12-29, 06:22 PM
Redundancy

For extra ridiculousness, call it Psionic Redundancy, it is a Psionic feat that allows you to take a bonus Psionic feat.

Now take Psionic Body.

Congratulations. You now have infinite hit points. :smalltongue:

jindra34
2009-12-29, 08:17 PM
Double Take
Benefit: Whenever as a part of your charaters leveling up you have an option of what to take (including feats and classes) take two and gain the benefits of both.
Special: This feat is retro-actively applied to all such choices your character has made.

Pie Guy
2009-12-29, 09:18 PM
Dude, that would be too powerful, even for gestalt.

Especially for gestalt.

Trobby
2009-12-29, 10:33 PM
I'll see your ridiculous feat, and raise you an equally ridiculous one!

Take a Third Option (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TakeAThirdOption)
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Prerequisites: A class
Benefits: When you gain this feat, choose a class ability that you will gain or are gaining at this level. Instead, you may learn any other class ability from another class, provided it is learned at an equal or lower level. You may replace a single class feature already available to you with a class feature achieved at equal or lower level. You only change one class feature when you get this feat. When you gain a new ability, treat it as if you have levels in the class from which that ability was taken equal to your ECL.
Special: You cannot gain the abilities of a prestige class or an Epic Class with this feat. This feat can be taken multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to a new ability. You may retrain this feat. You must replace your old class ability with a new one achieved in the base class at an equal or lower level.

You cannot use this feat to gain the ability to cast spells.

Fako
2009-12-31, 01:56 PM
Disembodied Narrator
Prerequisites: CHA 13+
Effect: You have a permanent disembodied voice that narrates your every action, as well as those of others. As a move action, you may concentrate on any creature within your line of sight. You gain a +4 bonus to any one roll made this round that involves the target creature, as the narrator explicitly describes what that creature is thinking, and describes its actions a split second before they occur.

That’s awesome! It looks like the perfect feat for a mild metagamer (“The narrator told me to push the button…”)

How about expanding it?

Avid Listener
Prerequisites: CHA 15+, Disembodied Narrator
Effect: You may apply your concentration bonus from Disembodied Narrator on a number of rolls equal to your Charisma modifier, and you may expend one use to apply the bonus to your AC against an attack by the creature that targets you. The bonuses disappear at the start of your next turn.
Normal: Disembodied Narrator only applies on one roll, and cannot be used on your AC.

Story Twister [Tactical]
While a lot of people have voices in their heads, yours is actually useful. By combining the voice with your storytelling ability, you unlock new ways to manipulate combat.
Prerequisites: Disembodied Narrator, Avid Listener, Perform(Oratory) 9 ranks
Effect: The Story Twister feat enables the use of three tactical maneuvers.
Dictate – As a standard action, you can give yourself over to the narrator, instantly repeating each and every word as you hear it. Choose a single creature, as if you were using your Disembodied Narrator ability. All allies that can hear you gain a +4 bonus on a single roll they make against the target until your next turn, as if they had the Disembodied Narrator feat.
False Narration – This ability can only be activated the round after you use Dictate. As a full-round action, you continue your narration in the same tone, but change the words to your liking. The creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your ranks in Perform(Oratory) + your Cha modifier) or believe that you are continuing your narration and follow along blindly. You dictate which actions they take on their turn, but you cannot have them do actions that are against their nature (such as attacking allies or standing still in a fight). However, you can cause little “mishaps”, such as forcing the target to make a Balance check while moving by claiming they trip on a rock. What is and is not acceptable is up to the DM.
False Narration is a sonic, language-dependent, mind-affecting effect. It can be used any number of times, but the target gets a +1 on their Will save for each attempted use this encounter.
Read Ahead – By spending a standard action concentrating, you can “fast-forward” through the narration to gain insight into a future event. Before the end of the encounter, you can claim one action to be where you Read Ahead to. If it is a check, you gain a +4 insight bonus. If it is an attack you’re defending against, you can either gain +4 AC or reduce the damage dealt by 4 before multipliers. You can activate Read Ahead after all the dice have been rolled, but before the result is known.
You can only Read Ahead once per encounter.

Debihuman
2009-12-31, 02:18 PM
I made these feats a while back for my "Acolyte of the Blessed Imelda Marcos" Prestige Class.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4216692&postcount=1

The Devil Wears Prada [General]
Prerequisite: Must be an Acolyte of Blessed Imelda Marcos
Benefit: You gain a +2 Attack Bonus and a +2 Armor Class bonus when fighting evil outsiders.

These Boots Were Made For Walking [General]
Prerequisite: Must be an Acolyte of Blessed Imelda Marcos
Normal: You can walk 8 hours a day
Benefit: You can walk an extra 4 hours a day before needing to make a Constitution check (see rules on Forced March).

As for the Backhanded Parry: I think you are over-thinking what this feat does. You could lose a lot of the prerequisites such as how well you know your opponent and how long you have to study your opponent since those are nice for back story but don't really explain the feat.

Debby

imp_fireball
2009-12-31, 05:50 PM
* False Narration – This ability can only be activated the round after you use Dictate. As a full-round action, you continue your narration in the same tone, but change the words to your liking. The creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your ranks in Perform(Oratory) + your Cha modifier) or believe that you are continuing your narration and follow along blindly. You dictate which actions they take on their turn, but you cannot have them do actions that are against their nature (such as attacking allies or standing still in a fight). However, you can cause little “mishaps”, such as forcing the target to make a Balance check while moving by claiming they trip on a rock. What is and is not acceptable is up to the DM.
False Narration is a sonic, language-dependent, mind-affecting effect. It can be used any number of times, but the target gets a +1 on their Will save for each attempted use this encounter.
* Read Ahead – By spending a standard action concentrating, you can “fast-forward” through the narration to gain insight into a future event. Before the end of the encounter, you can claim one action to be where you Read Ahead to. If it is a check you are making, you gain a +4 insight bonus. If it is an attack you’re defending against, you can either gain +4 AC or reduce the damage dealt by 4 before multipliers.
You can only Read Ahead once per encounter.

False narration is essentially the same as a bluff, so I'd at least make it a sense motive check to save against. Unless the entire thing is pure mind affecting.

As for read ahead, the wording a little confusing (at least to me). Do you declare that you read ahead after you roll an action? That would make more sense, considering then the character would know that he'd fail that action and then the player decides to apply the modifier to succeed instead.

These Boots Were Made For Walking [General]

That's pretty much what endurance does isn't it?

Isn't there already a feat that allows you to throw someone?

There's many.

Fako
2009-12-31, 09:36 PM
False narration is essentially the same as a bluff, so I'd at least make it a sense motive check to save against. Unless the entire thing is pure mind affecting.

The Will save was to help speed up the process a bit (one die roll against a set DC instead of opposed rolls), and I originally had it based on Bluff. However, I have never seen a tactical feat that used more than one skill in it, and Bluff didn't seem like a good base skill to be gaining the Dictate ability from, so I changed it to Perform(Oratory).
As for being the same as a Bluff, I disagree... a Bluff is convincing someone about a lie you are telling, such as the price of an item or your personal history. This, while a lie, is more about how powerful of a performance you can display, making the person keep listening to you under the assumption that you were right before, why not now?

As for read ahead, the wording a little confusing (at least to me). Do you declare that you read ahead after you roll an action? That would make more sense, considering then the character would know that he'd fail that action and then the player decides to apply the modifier to succeed instead.

I thought that would be implied, as you can apply it to damage rolls. I'll edit that in though.

While this is the Ridiculous Feats thread, I have to ask: Are Avid Listener and Story Twister on par with some of the better feats? I have a player who wants to use them...

Trobby
2010-01-01, 01:27 AM
Well, after getting past about 3 things that were un-featable by me, I've finally got a New Years Feat!

The Scottish Feat (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheScottishTrope?from=Main.ThatWhichMustNotBeNamed )

Prerequisites: Level 18 or higher, commit a heinous act
Benefits: Your name becomes so feared that even speaking it has terrible consequences. Every OTHER character who ever dares to speak your name directly suffers a -1 circumstance penalty for x days, where x is your highest Int, Wis, or Cha modifier. In addition, when your name is spoken, you are aware of it, and can appear to anyone who speaks your name, as per the spell Greater Teleport. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus when you are within 1000 ft. of anyone who spoke your name for the same number of days their circumstance penalty applies.

Rithaniel
2010-01-01, 04:38 AM
Well, after getting past about 3 things that were un-featable by me, I've finally got a New Years Feat!

The Scottish Feat (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheScottishTrope?from=Main.ThatWhichMustNotBeNamed )

Prerequisites: Level 18 or higher, commit a heinous act
Benefits: Your name becomes so feared that even speaking it has terrible consequences. Every OTHER character who ever dares to speak your name directly suffers a -1 circumstance penalty for x days, where x is your highest Int, Wis, or Cha modifier. In addition, when your name is spoken, you are aware of it, and can appear to anyone who speaks your name, as per the spell Greater Teleport. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus when you are within 1000 ft. of anyone who spoke your name for the same number of days their circumstance penalty applies.

...circumstance penalty/bonus to... ...what?

Volos
2010-01-01, 04:58 AM
Power Up

Prerequisites: Lots of Spikey Yellow Hair

Benifits: You may, at your disgression, start screaming. If your scream lasts for 3d4 rounds, then you have 'Powered Up'. 'Powering Up' has no benifits other then the fact that everyone, everywhere, instantly knows that you have powered up. Each person who is aware of this fact must make some comment about you before you can attack. When you land an attack after 'Powering Up', it will be epic. Nothing will happen, but it will be epic nonetheless.

Trobby
2010-01-01, 12:33 PM
...circumstance penalty/bonus to... ...what?

Yes. :smallbiggrin:

Debihuman
2010-01-01, 04:30 PM
May I suggest:

Every other character who ever dares to speak your name directly suffers a -1 circumstance penalty to all attacks and saves for a number of days equal to your Int, Wis, or Cha modifier, whichever is higher.

Debby

Temotei
2010-01-01, 04:37 PM
Power Up

Prerequisites: Lots of Spikey Yellow Hair

Benifits: You may, at your disgression, start screaming. If your scream lasts for 3d4 rounds, then you have 'Powered Up'. 'Powering Up' has no benifits other then the fact that everyone, everywhere, instantly knows that you have powered up. Each person who is aware of this fact must make some comment about you before you can attack. When you land an attack after 'Powering Up', it will be epic. Nothing will happen, but it will be epic nonetheless.

This makes me laugh. I remember the three times I watched Dragonball and Dragonball Z following that (I had to see what it was like before bashing it...no, not really...I wanted to see what it was like...in general). It was great when they spent an episode charging up and doing one attack, and they failed.

"What's his power level Vegeta?"
"IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!"

Also, note that Cloud can take this feat.

Trobby
2010-01-01, 07:44 PM
May I suggest:

Every other character who ever dares to speak your name directly suffers a -1 circumstance penalty to all attacks and saves for a number of days equal to your Int, Wis, or Cha modifier, whichever is higher.

Debby

That'd work.

imp_fireball
2010-01-01, 09:32 PM
However, I have never seen a tactical feat that used more than one skill in it, and Bluff didn't seem like a good base skill to be gaining the Dictate ability from, so I changed it to Perform(Oratory).

So? Instead make it a Perform (Oratory) opposed by Sense Motive. There's no 'imbalance' since both bluff and perform are charisma skills.

There's no will save to 'ARRRRG MUST SHRUG IT OFF/GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!' rather, it's 'huh, this guy is up to something'.

GoatBoy
2010-01-01, 11:12 PM
Overseas Bank Account
The ultimate safety deposit box.
Benefits: Any monetary wealth in your possession is immediately deposited into a special savings account to which only you have access.

Thief of Time
I stole it. From the future.
Prerequisites: Sleight of Hand 13 ranks
Benefits: Once per day, you may gain the effects of any feat to which you meet the prerequisites, by making a special Sleight of Hand check as a standard action. The DC is this check is equal to 10 + twice the Challenge Rating of the current encounter, and lasts for the duration of the encounter.

Erotic Furry
Please don't make me describe this.
Prerequisites: Wild Shape ability
Benefits: Whenever you use Wild Shape to assume the form of an animal, all creatures within 30 feet must make a Will save (DC 1/2 your Hit Die + Cha modifier) or become nauseated for one round. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Mulligan
That didn't count.
Benefits: You may declare that a choice you made regarding your character was an error and change it. This includes a single spell prepared that day, a feat or optional class feature chosen the last time you levelled up, or a purchased item with a value up to (your character level squared times 100) gold. Every time you use this ability, there is a cumulative 5% chance that a rock will fall on you, regardless of location, causing your death (no save).

FlamingKobold
2010-01-01, 11:31 PM
Pepsi Challenge
Are you willing to take the pepsi challenge on that?
Prerequisites: A high degree of confidence in your opinion
Benefit: When anyone says something that can be verified by some means (such as yelling "You can't hit the broad side of a barn!" or "I am the most powerful mage in the world") you may declare a pepsi challenge. If they don't accept, they instantly fail at whatever they were doing. If they accept, then you determine who the burden of proof lies on. If it's them (such as in the mage example above), they must unquestionably prove their statement in 1 round or less, with no added power. In the Mage example, for instance, the boasting adversary must prove that there is no better mage in the world at that given time.
If the burden of proof lies on you (such as in the barn example) you must prove that their statement is wrong, with supernatural aid, of course. In the example, you could instantly summon a barn wall to hit.
When a pepsi challenge is occurring, other actions stop. For example, during a pepsi challenge used in combat, the combatants take a break to witness the challenge and take no other actions. This ability may be used once per day.

The winner of the pepsi challenge gainsa +2 morale bonus to AC, attack, damage, ability checks, saves and skill checks for one minute. The loser of the pepsi challenge takes a -2 morale bonus to AC, attack, damage, ability checks, saves and skill checks for one minute.

Milskidasith
2010-01-02, 12:21 AM
Pepsi Challenge
Are you willing to take the pepsi chalenge on that?
Prerequisites: A high degree of confidence in your opinion
Benefit: Whenever anyone says something that can be verified by some means (such as yelling "You can't hit the broad side of a barn!" or "I am the most powerful mage in the world") you may declare a pepsi challenge. If they don't accept, they instantly fail at whatever they were doing. If they accept, then you determine who the burden of proof lies on. If it's them (such as in the mage example above), they must unquestionably prove their statement in 1 round or less, with no added power. In the Mage example, for instance, the boasting adversary must prove that there is no better mage in the world at that given time. If they lose the pepsi challenge, they fail at whatever they are doing. If they win, you instantly fail at whatever you were doing.
If the burden of proof lies on you (such as in the barn example) you must prove that their statement is wrong, with supernatural aid, of course. In the example, you could instantly summon a barn wall to hit. If you win the pepsi challenge, they fail at whatever they were doing. If you cannot prove it, then you fail at whatever you were doing.
When a pepsi challenge is occurring, other actions stop. For example, during a pepsi challenge used in combat, the combatants take a break to witness the challenge and take no other actions.

This feat is absurd... if only because it's incredibly vague and you can force a no save "stop doing anything relevant" for anybody trying to use banter.

It's ridiculous, yes, but it also kind of violates the spirit of "balanced" in that it's gamebreaking (no save stop doing everything for a round) if the conditions are met, but is otherwise entirely useless (or people just learn to not use literary devices around you.)

FlamingKobold
2010-01-02, 12:24 AM
Exactly. They shouldn't say things if they aren't prepared to take the pepsi challenge. It discourages lying. Lying is wrong. Not lying is good. Thus, this feat increases overall good :smallsmile:

Note: This feat shouldn't be used. It is "ridiculous."

Edit: changed.

Flickerdart
2010-01-02, 12:25 AM
May I suggest:

Debby
Pretty sure that something along the lines of that (speak name - suffer penalties) exists in BoVD or a similar book. The name of the feat, though, is pretty funny.

Kris Strife
2010-01-02, 12:44 AM
Also, note that Cloud can take this feat.

Eh, Cloud doesn't do anything like that. Either the screaming or the completely pointless attack.

Change the prereq to either Ki Blast as a Class Feature or something for Swordsages. Makes it a lot more accurate. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-01-02, 12:45 AM
Eh, Cloud doesn't do anything like that. Either the screaming or the completely pointless attack.

Change the prereq to either Ki Blast as a Class Feature or something for Swordsages. Makes it a lot more accurate. :smallbiggrin:

Agreed. On both points. Cloud's too good to make a pointless attack, and the prerequisites should be changed.

jindra34
2010-01-02, 08:57 AM
Got a Job to Do
Prerequistes: Must not possess any Supernatural, Spell-like, Psi-like abilities and must not be able to cast spells or manifest powers.
Effect: When you would die as a result of anything but being reduce to -10 hp you may make a will save (dc= 10+1/2 your hd+1 for each prior save made since last death). If successful you do not until the current situation is resolved (dm's discretion, if in combat at least till end of encounter) or reduce to below -10 hp.

ericgrau
2010-01-02, 01:52 PM
Needs a clause about how you still get XP from overcoming challenges as if you didn't have the new levels. And about how magic items magically appear to bring you up to your new WBL.

Why bother? The feat gives you 3 levels and you gain a feat every 3 levels, not counting bonus feats. It was an infinite level feat in response to the infinite feat feat. I think your infinite stats will take care of everything from there.

Huh? What?
Benefit: Gain a +1 bonus.
Normal: Conforming to the standard or the common type, usual, regular or natural.

Darkfire2210
2010-01-03, 08:42 PM
Too Heavy, Too light

Benefit: While in Combat, you may willingly choose to deal only half damage on your attack after you hit, but before damage is determined. If you do, the next attack that lands is treated as a critical hit.
Special: This feat may be used out of combat. Ex. If your trying to get someone's attention, you might first try a small gesture, and then try throwing them at a wall (no damage). This should only be used for comic relief if the party is getting bored.

imp_fireball
2010-01-03, 08:52 PM
Huh? What?
Normal: Conforming to the standard or the common type, usual, regular or natural.

Special: If you are a two-headed ogre taking this feat, you may fool others into believing that they have absolute control over your actions. Every round after the first round is a cumulative bluff check (+4) opposed by sense motive.

Or Martial Warrior which is a martial adept/psi combination specifically for DBZ that I made. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-01-03, 08:55 PM
Why bother? The feat gives you 3 levels and you gain a feat every 3 levels, not counting bonus feats. It was an infinite level feat in response to the infinite feat feat. I think your infinite stats will take care of everything from there.

Huh? What?

+1 bonus...I call upon a bonus level.

Darkfire2210
2010-01-03, 09:00 PM
still not as good as the extra levels feat... 1<3

Temotei
2010-01-03, 09:02 PM
Wait! I change my mind! I want a +1 bonus to my amount of characters. Then that character can take this feat at 1st level, giving me another. Et cetera.

Sintanan
2010-01-03, 09:25 PM
Hit Them Where It Hurts
Prerequisite: Favored enemy class feature
Benefit: Select a favored enemy you have. You receive a bonus on your critical threat range against your foes equal to your favored enemy bonus.
Alternatively, if the creature belonging to the category of your selected favored enemy is normally immune to critical hits you can deliver a critical hit on this foe, but you to not get the threat range increase detailed above.
Special: This feat can be taken multiple times. The benefits do not stack, instead you may apply it to a different favored enemy.

Darkfire2210
2010-01-03, 11:46 PM
if you and your new party member are both human, you could then take genie's nightmare infinite times, get any feats you want and the extra level feat to your liking... I now know the true power of randomness in large quantities! (insert evil laugh)

Trobby
2010-01-03, 11:50 PM
Rock Beats Laser (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RockBeatsLaser)
Benefits: This feat grants you an advantage over enemies wielding weapons, wearing armor, or riding vehicles more technologically advanced than your own weapon or ride.

With this feat, weapons and equipment from different eras have a "tech" value relative to the type of weapon being used. All Druidic weapons (along with wooden armor and mounts) have a Tech value of zero. All metal armor and other standard weapons have a Tech value of 1. Renaissance-era weapons have a Tech value of 2, Modern weapons have a tech value of 3, and Futuristic weapons (as well as any further advanced weapons) have a tech value of 5. Any armor or vehicles built with technology from one of these eras has a tech value equal to the weapons of the same era.

Each combatant (including yourself) has a "tech" value equal to the item with the highest tech value in their possession. When you attack a target with a tech value higher than yours, you gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to the difference in your tech value. As an example, a fighter armed with a sword (Tech 1) fighting a man with a shotgun (Tech 3) would receive a +2 bonus to hit and damage the man with the shotgun.

Special: If you are without a mount or a vehicle, fighting an opponent who has a vehicle and a tech value higher than yours, receive an additional +2 bonus to attack and damage vs. the vehicle. For the purpose of this feat, powered armor counts as a vehicle.

Darkfire2210
2010-01-04, 03:41 PM
I actually really like that one; very balancing if there are multiple realities colliding. It would have to be more like a rule, though...

Trobby
2010-01-04, 03:54 PM
And throwing rocks would have a Tech rating of -5.

Lysander
2010-01-04, 07:10 PM
You know what I like? Metagame feats!

By The Book

Benefit: Pick any one house rule your DM has decided to implement. Your character ignores that house rule, instead playing by standard WOTC rules.

Cheater

Benefit: Once per in game day if you dislike a d20 roll you have made you may attempt to snatch up the die and roll it again, using the new roll instead. If your DM or any other player can (and wish to) grab your hand or the die first you cannot roll that roll again, but you may try to cheat again later until you are successful.

Cash To Gp Conversion

Benefit: A player may burn dollar bills in real life to grant their character gold pieces. For every dollar burned to ashes in real life, 1gp appear in your character's wallet.

Greatest Fortitude

Benefit: The player must drink five cups of water to use this feat. For each hour afterward they go without urinating their character receives a cumulative +1 bonus to all fortitude saves that lasts until they pee.

DM's Girlfriend

Prerequisite: Player must be dating the DM.

Benefit: You character cannot die. Whenever something would kill your character, something occurs that saves you no matter how farfetched. This salvation does not extend to the rest of the party. Should the player ever break up with the DM their character immediately experiences a lengthy painful death and has their soul devoured by a demon.

imp_fireball
2010-01-04, 07:48 PM
Cheater

Benefit: Once per in game day if you dislike a d20 roll you have made you may attempt to snatch up the die and roll it again, using the new roll instead. If your DM or any other player can (and wish to) grab your hand or the die first you cannot roll that roll again, but you may try to cheat again later until you are successful.

Additional: If you 'accidentally' knock over the GM's screen in the process you gain True Seeing for 1d4 rounds.

Cash To Gp Conversion

Benefit: A player may burn dollar bills in real life to grant their character gold pieces. For every dollar burned to ashes in real life, 1gp appear in your character's wallet.

Obsessive
Prerequisite: Cash To Gp Conversion

You may declare the game a table bound LARP for 1d4 in-game weeks a number of times per year equal to your wisdom modifier (hence, your character's ability to have an imagination). Rolling sense motive is now like playing truth or dare. Bluff is the equivalent of Simon Says. Intimidate is punch buggy (no returns) and/or bloody knuckles or fisticuffs (for the particularly drunk and rambunctious) and diplomacy is a matter of bribery and/or already having friends among the table.

Caffeinated Endurance
Prerequisite: Greatest Fortitude

The player is allowed to drink 1d20 regular mug-sized non-decaf cups of coffee. For each day after wards that they aren't driven insane and/or collapse spontaneously their character may receive 8 hours rest at the start of each in-game day without the need of actually sleeping. This lasts until the number of days they manage exceeds the cups of coffee they've drank. If the player misses out on at least one game session they may take 20 on the cups they are permitted to drink.

And throwing rocks would have a Tech rating of -5.

I'd put that more on par with throwing pieces of poo. Takes even less intelligence. :)

Emperor
Prerequisite: Leadership, Cha 40

You gain a number of aristocrat followers equal to the number of followers you gain under ordinary leadership. Each of these aristocrats has leadership as the feat and has their own followers (wealthy folk) and cohorts. The wealthy folk, in addition to hiring mercenaries and collecting taxes from dominions, may also take leadership, giving you three layers of rule. Finally, you may write a will, choosing an heir and passing this feat onto them upon death, untimely or otherwise, along with a fine print clause stating that your sudden resurrection (whether or not uncalled for) will immediately transfer the power back to you. If you are illiterate, you may opt to write the will in crayon.

NOTE: Your original followers may become royal servants and/or guards or all act as independent, adventuring cohorts in your name.

DM's Girlfriend

Prerequisite: Player must be dating the DM.

Benefit: You character cannot die. Whenever something would kill your character, something occurs that saves you no matter how farfetched. This salvation does not extend to the rest of the party. Should the player ever break up with the DM their character immediately experiences a lengthy painful death and has their soul devoured by a demon.

Addition: Must have a relationship with the DM of an openly sexual nature in order to convince other players that this is srs business.

Vow of Hedonism
Requirements: Must spend at least 50% of gold upon unnecessary self-indulgences that have no effect on game play. Ie. Bathing in chocolate sauce, escorted by a harem, hoisted upon a lounge chair by toiling slaves/servants, etc. This comes as an aside of what would logically affect game play. Ie. Servants may rush to defend you if you are attacked, however training the servants as warriors would not count as gold spent towards 'self indulgence'.

You may fascinate (as the bard spell) all targets within 30ft. as a spell-like ability in a swift action a number of times per day equal to your character level (apply HD instead of caster level to DC).

Receive a +8 bonus to perform (oratory). If your charisma score is higher than the target creature, you may substitute diplomacy for a perform (oratory) check with that creature, fooling them into thinking that you know about the 'true art' of diplomacy.

Your alignment is now permanently chaotic neutral no matter what action you take (aside from breaking the vow).

Your sheer over-pleasured apathy allows you to apply your charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to AC at all times. As a standard action, you may use your perform (oratory) modifier as a deflection bonus to AC for that round. Receive a +8 to diplomacy checks versus creatures with higher BAB than yourself (to convince them that you are lazy and weak and not to be killed first because that would hinder your decadence).

You no longer have to apologize for anything. Not even the gods really have much reason to smite you.

Upon reaching 5th level, receive a +8 to appraise checks and +8 to bluff checks to lie about the value of a given item.

Finally, perform (oratory) and diplomacy are now a class skills for you, if they weren't already. At 5th level, appraise and bluff become class skills.

Rithaniel
2010-01-06, 09:17 PM
Time Acrobat
And for my next trick, I'll fall while lying down!
Benefit: You no longer have to declare an action before you roll for it.
Normal: You have to declare an action before you roll for it.

imp_fireball
2010-01-06, 09:20 PM
Time Acrobat
And for my next trick, I'll fall while lying down!
Benefit: You no longer have to declare an action before you roll for it.
Normal: You have to declare an action before you roll for it.

Perhaps the prerequisite should be bluff (4 ranks or higher), representing the character's ability to bluff god?

Rithaniel
2010-01-06, 09:47 PM
Perhaps the prerequisite should be bluff (4 ranks or higher), representing the character's ability to bluff god?

lol, perhaps. I was thinking along the lines of "Taking an action before before it is taken" myself, though

Kallisti
2010-01-06, 10:11 PM
Awesome But Impractical (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical)

Benefit: Select any two class features or racial traits you have that ordinarily would not stack. They now stack with each other.

Disability Superpower (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DisabilitySuperpower)

Benefit: Choose any disability or handicap your character suffers. It is now circumvented by a supernatural or extraordinary ability (discuss exact details with your DM.)

Wow. For TVTropes feats, those are...unexciting.

Bhu
2010-01-07, 02:54 AM
Spontaneous Loss of Bowel Control
Benefits: Whenever you fail a Willpower Save, and become Panicked or Frightened as a result of that failure, your bowels open up like a storm cloud over the Atlantic during Hurricane season. All living beings within 10' of you must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half HD plus Con Modifier) or be Sickened as long as they remain within range, and for 1d4 rounds after.

imp_fireball
2010-01-07, 01:11 PM
lol, perhaps. I was thinking along the lines of "Taking an action before before it is taken" myself, though

Philosophically though, you'd be bluffing god (because how can god not know all incarnations of the future?). God metaphorically refers to the GM, btw.

Lysander
2010-01-07, 01:25 PM
Inexplicable Attraction

Prerequisite: Being a straight male

Benefit: When disguising yourself as a woman you gain a +4 modifier on your disguise checks. Furthermore, any single or unmarried straight male who falls for the disguise must make a DC15 Will Save to avoid developing a crush on you. This moves their attitude one step closer to friendly, and may cause them to proposition you romantically or lewdly depending on the person. After developing a crush a man takes -2 on all spot checks to see through your disguise. If your disguise is ever revealed to them they must make a DC1 Will Save or continue having a crush on you. Like always, they can choose to deliberately fail this will save.

Zeful
2010-01-07, 01:37 PM
I've got your nose
No, seriously, I have your nose
Benefit: You lose the ability to smell, this includes tracking by scent.

Discontinuity
That... that didn't happen
Benefit: Name one event in your past, it didn't happen to you. The feat is limited to only affecting you, thus it may have unintended consequence of you standing still doing nothing while everyone else get's cursed.
Special:If you lose this feat the event chosen happened to you, if the event would prevent you from gaining levels, you lose any levels gained from taking this feat onward.

The Tygre
2010-01-07, 05:29 PM
Whoo! Back on the trope track! Alright! All aboard the Kick-Ass express headed to 'staying up til' six A.M. reading the archives!'

Rithaniel
2010-01-07, 05:35 PM
Philosophically though, you'd be bluffing god (because how can god not know all incarnations of the future?). God metaphorically refers to the GM, btw.

I kind of figured :smallbiggrin:

Though, that kind of breaks down into whether you think time is bigger than deities or not. Which, in the D&D world, unless you have deities with Divine Rank 9001, it is.

Of course, for the metaphorical 'bluffing the DM' thing, well, the DM never knows what you're gonna do anyways, you could just commit suicide right in the middle of negotiations with a king, for all he's prepared for.

Bhu
2010-01-09, 06:32 AM
Conspiracy Theorist
Prerequisites: Bluff 6 ranks
Benefits: If you attempt a Bluff, and its difficult enough to believe that the targets modifier to the Sense Motive Check is more than +0, subtract 5 from the modifier. In other words, if they normally have a +5, they now have a +0. If they normally have a +10, they now have a +5, etc. Perversely if you are plausibly telling the truth anyone listening must make a DC 25 Sense Motive check or automatically assume you are lying.

Trobby
2010-01-09, 02:52 PM
Apologizes a Lot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApologisesALot)
Prerequisites: Polite Trait
Benefits: : Taking this feat increases the bonus you get to diplomacy from the Polite Trait, but it also increases the penalty you take for Intimidate checks. With this feat, your bonus becomes +4, and your penalty -4.
Normal: Your bonus to diplomacy is +1, and your penalty to Intimidate is -2.

DracoDei
2010-01-09, 03:08 PM
Unless you already took Skill Focus (Diplomacy), you have no reason to take Apologizes a Lot, because the boost is the same (+3) and it increases the penalty.

Flickerdart
2010-01-09, 03:16 PM
Conspiracy Theorist
Prerequisites: Bluff 6 ranks
Benefits: If you attempt a Bluff, and its difficult enough to believe that the targets modifier to the Sense Motive Check is more than +0, subtract 5 from the modifier. In other words, if they normally have a +5, they now have a +0. If they normally have a +10, they now have a +5, etc. Perversely if you are plausibly telling the truth anyone listening must make a DC 25 Sense Motive check or automatically assume you are lying.
Conspiracy Practicioner
Prerequisites: A secret agenda
Benefits: You gain a +4 bonus to all skill checks made to further your agenda, unless these checks are made against someone who is aware of it and is working against it.

Adumbration
2010-01-09, 04:04 PM
Squelch the Wizard
You live in your private little happy world, where the bad mages can't hurt you.

Benefit: You can neither see, hear, interact or be affected by the members of the wizard class. You are immune to all spells cast by wizards, as well as any physical attacks or any other interaction, including but not limited to speech, writing and telepathy. In fact, you can not even remember their existance, and you are extremely puzzled when someone even mentions them. You can not even perceive any changes they cause in your current environment, but strangely enough, the changes do not apply to you - for an example, if a wizard destroyed the floor beneath you, you would walk over that patch without falling or even noticing. If you later return on the scene, you perceive the change and come up with an excuse for it.

For some reason this drives wizards nuts.

sankai
2010-01-10, 08:53 AM
Here's one from the webcomic Darths and Droids, by David Morgan Mar. It hasn't been actually created, just mentioned

Critical Pirouette (once per encounter)

Prerequisites: Dex 20

Benefits: You receive an additional 2d6 to damage or defense rolls

Special: if you make a critical hit or save when using this feat, this becomes a Double Critical Pirouette if you have taken that feat

Double Critical Pirouette (once per encounter)

Prerequisites: Dex 20, successful critical hit or save when using critical pirouette, Critical Pirouette

Benefits: You receive an additional 2d6 in addition to your past roll, allowing you to roll an extra 4d6 for damage or defense

GoC
2010-01-10, 09:36 AM
Adumbration: What about summoning and attacks from creatures dominated by the wizard? Would a dominated creature be perceived as acting normally?

Rithaniel
2010-01-24, 07:38 PM
Computer Bloodline [Bloodline]
You are descended from some sort of intelligent construct, such as a Kolyarut, an Anaxim, or a Psicrystal.
Prerequisite: Ablity to cast impromptu arcane spells, ablity to summon a familiar.
Benefit: This feat has two effects:
You cannot learn spells with the [sleep] subtype. These spells are removed from your spell list.
Add the following to your Known spells:
1st -- Shield
2nd -- Glitterdust
3rd -- Haste
4th -- Greater Invisibility
5th -- Fabricate
6th -- Antimagic Field
7th -- Waves of Exhaustion
8th -- Mind Blank
9th -- Time Stop

Lysander
2010-01-25, 11:03 AM
Needs Food Badly

Benefit: You can somehow recover from brutal injuries just by eating food. Eating a poor meal cures 1d8 damage, a common meal 2d8 damage, a good meal cures 3d8 damage. You can only gain a healing benefit by eating once every five hours and no more than three times in a twenty-four hour period.

Zeful
2010-01-25, 11:55 AM
Apologizes a Lot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ApologisesALot)
Prerequisites: Polite Trait
Benefits: : Taking this feat increases the bonus you get to diplomacy from the Polite Trait, but it also increases the penalty you take for Intimidate checks. With this feat, your bonus becomes +4, and your penalty -4.
Normal: Your bonus to diplomacy is +1, and your penalty to Intimidate is -2.

Beware the Nice Ones (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BewareTheNiceOnes)
You're very nice and polite, but when you get angry, people get scared
Prerequisites: Apologies a Lot, Rage class feature.
Benefit: When you enter Rage, you gain a fear aura. Every round every creature within 30 feet must make a will save against 10 plus 1/2 your character level plus your charisma bonus (if any). Failing this save makes the creature shaken for every round they remain in the aura and one additional round for every point of charisma modifier. For every additional save they fail, they progress from Shaken to Frightened, to Panicked. While Raging you receive a +8 bonus to intimidate.

peacenlove
2010-01-25, 01:14 PM
Improved Dis-arm
Prerequisites : Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Strength 20
Benefit: You may substitute grapple checks for disarm checks. Whenever you successfully disarm an opponent, his arms fall in the ground. If the target has more than 2 arms only 2 fall down.

Animate Bread
Prerequisites: Corpse Crafter
Benefit: Any undead you create are highly nutritious and full of healthy Carbohydrates. Corporeal creatures that have at least one mouth attack them in preference of other less quality food. They prefer closing into melee instead of ranged attacks or spells. In addition they gain fire resist 10 and whenever they take even a single point of fire damage they gain DR 5 / - as their tasty crust hardens

Beg DM
Prerequisites: any non good
Benefit: You whine, plead and fall to your knees in order to get a certain magic item, a specific character concept approved or in order to cheat death. Your DM rolls a will saving throw, the DC being 10 + 1/2 the minutes you are pleading + your charisma modifier, really annoying pleading increase the DC by +2. However if the Dm succeeds on his will save you (not your character) take 2d6 book damage. If the DM fails the save by 5 or more points, everyone at the table is granted this feat as a bonus feat.

Set
2010-01-25, 01:47 PM
I'm the ***damned Batman!
You have trained to be able to pull whatever spell you need out of your spellbook at a moment's notice.
Benefit: Once per day, you can sacrifice any spell you have prepared for another spell of equal or lower level that you have scribed into your spellbook. If you choose to sacrifice a spell of the appropriately adjusted level, you can even use this ability to spontaneously cast a spell enhanced by any metamagic feat(s) you know. The total spell level of the swap cannot exceed your Intelligence modifier, and you can only sacrifice a prepared Wizard spell for another Wizard spell, even if you have the ability to prepare and / or cast other types of spells.
Prerequisites: Int 13+, at least one Wizard class level.

I'm the Juggernaut, b****!
You are highly proficient at running into people and punching them with your head.
Benefit: When charging, you do not suffer a penalty to your armor class, and any Damage Reduction you gain from the Barbarian class ability is doubled until your next action. This doubling of damage reduction also occurs if you take the Bull Rush or Overrun actions, and when you perform a Charge action to Bull Rush a foe, you can choose to knock the foe prone if you beat the DC by 5 or more (as if you had Overrun the target) instead of moving it back another 5 ft. *or* to also inflict damage equal to 1d6 nonlethal B plus twice your Strength modifier.
Special: You can choose for this optional charging Bull Rush damage to become lethal damage if you have Improved Unarmed Attack, and it automatically becomes lethal Piercing damage if you are equipped with Armor Spikes or a Spiked Shield.
Prerequisite: Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, at least one Barbarian level.

Melayl
2010-02-03, 10:52 AM
No Touchbacks!
Prerequisites: Unarmed Strike, BAB+1, Charisma 13

Once per day per Charisma modifier you may, upon delivering a successful unarmed strike, declare "No Touchbacks" on that opponent. The opponent must make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 character level +Charisma modifier) or be unable to attack you until they have successfully attacked someone else. If they make their Will save, they suffer a -4 attack penalty against you until they have successfully hit you.

(I used to work at a summer camp...)