PDA

View Full Version : Making a Dragonborn Crusader

Exterminatus
2009-12-09, 10:03 PM
Character creation rules in the first post. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=2699716#post2699716)

For the game above I will be making a Dragonborn Crusader (Human of course) and I have rolled the following (assuming I rolled using the code correctly) 15,15,15,13,13 and... 13. I'll take 5 levels of Crusader. I'll probably have my two stances as Thicket of Blades and possibly Martial Spirit. I'm wondering where the put the stats. For now I'm putting the 15s in Str and Con and Dex. The 13s are going into the mental scores. Are there any feat suggestions and maneuvers that stand out?

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-09, 10:19 PM
I believe the aspect that gives you a breath weapon might be a good idea, Crusaders are good for lockdown builds so lock your enemy and finnish him with a breath weapon.

If you go down that route I suggest metabreath feats.

Douglas
2009-12-09, 10:27 PM
Due to the levels you gain your stances at, both of them must be level 1. Sorry, but you can't have Thicket of Blades yet.

Exterminatus
2009-12-09, 10:41 PM
Ah thanks for pointing that out. (Where does it point that out though?)

Douglas
2009-12-09, 11:06 PM
In the Crusader class table, you start with one stance known at level 1 and it goes up to 2 at level 2. Thus, a Crusader going up level by level would pick one stance when his initiator level is 1 and another when it's 2. This is only enough to qualify for level 1 stances. It is a basic principle of D&D character building that whether you are starting out at high level or playing through from level 1 makes no difference in whether a character build is valid, so the 2 stances of a level 5 Crusader must both be level 1.

Exterminatus
2009-12-09, 11:25 PM
So how good is the Extra Granted Maneuver Feat?

HCL
2009-12-09, 11:26 PM
If you apply the dragonborn template you lose your human bonus feat and skills, so I don't know why you would really want that. Go for a race with good ability score adjustments like water orc or something

Mongoose87
2009-12-09, 11:35 PM
If you apply the dragonborn template you lose your human bonus feat and skills, so I don't know why you would really want that. Go for a race with good ability score adjustments like water orc or something

Rule of cool?

Draz74
2009-12-09, 11:38 PM
So how good is the Extra Granted Maneuver Feat?

Very good. Should be in your top 4 priority feats to pick up, and quite possibly it should be #1. (Examples of things that might be more important are Stone Power, if you're really trying to be a just-won't-die tank, or Combat Reflexes, if you're trying to be a specialized battlefield controller.)

Exterminatus
2009-12-10, 12:11 AM

So which race has a good ability score adjustment for 0 LA? (On second thought I'm considering the Draconic Racial Class as an alternative.)